Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Two

by LE McMurray
[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
2 Hours

2 Hours

by L.E McMurray

TITLE: 2 Hours
AUTHOR: L.E McMurray
EMAIL: louiseellen@mcmurrayc.fsnet.co.uk
CATEGORY: Angst, Missing Scene/Epilogue,Thoughts
PAIRING: Daniel/Sha're
SPOILERS: Forever In A Day
SEASON / SEQUEL: 3
RATING: G
CONTENT WARNINGS: character death
SUMMARY: Thoughts of the team two hours after Sha're's death.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This was just something I came up with quickly and I had to write and send in.

*Daniel*

Two hours.

It's been two hours since I saw her die.

Two hours since she looked at me after the Gould died and whispered those three words.

The first words she learned in English.

I've been lying here for the last hour or so trying to understand why.

Why she had to die?

Why she had to be taken?

Why was my friend the one who had done this to me?

Janet is fussing over me trying to get me to talk to her but I don't have the ability to talk to anyone just now.

Jack would probably laugh that I'm not speaking but unless Sha're's sitting there I don't want to talk; I don't want to do anything.

I still feel awful from the ribbon device but at least I got to be with her in someway just for a while. She told me to forgive Teal'c, told me about the boy and I promised her I'd find him then she kissed me.

I can still feel her lips on mine, her fingers running through my hair. I just want her back.

Two hours and still counting.

Closing my eyes I can feel tears burning in my eyes and pretend to sleep. I don't want to speak to anyone except her, except my Sha're.

*Jack*

Two hours.

It's been two hours since Daniel's world was destroyed around him.

Two hours since he hasn't said one word to anyone.

It's really scary that Daniel isn't talking, that's been the one constant in my life the last few years. Daniel ALWAYS talks. Seeing him lying there across from her I just felt the world stop in this strange scene.

Sha're lying there dead, gone taking part of Daniel with her. I just hope what's left of him can survive.

I'm really worried about him just lying there. He hasn't even asked to see her body; he just lies there staring into space.

His normally expressive blue eyes are dead and blank. His life has been destroyed.

Kasuf is standing with me; he's possibly the one person who'll be able to get through whatever walls Daniel's placing between himself and the rest of us.

Two hours ago his world came to a standstill.

All I can do is be here and hope he'll get through it.

*Sam*

Two hours.

Two hours since Daniel lost that hope.

The central fact of his life was that hope he'd find his wife and they'd be together again.

I can see the burn in the middle of his forehead from across the room. A wound from his experience today that will disappear but the deepest wound is in his soul and I don't think that will ever heal.

The Colonel is comforting Kasuf as best he can while Teal'c is talking to General Hammond.

Janet knows I'm really only watching over him so she's just letting me pretend to work here.

He's curled into a ball and I can see tears on his cheeks. I want to go comfort him, I want to put my arms around him and let him cry on my shoulder but I don't.

I'm not who he wants to see, I'm not the one he wants to hold him. The one he wants will never be there ever again.

Two hours since it happened.

And all I can do for my friend is watch and be here for him.

*Teal'c*

Two hours.

A short time since I once again caused Daniel Jackson the greatest pain imaginable.

I explained to General Hammond what had happened and his words echoed that of Daniel Jackson.

I know I did the right thing in saving his life but in that act I may have completely destroyed his spirit.

He carried his wife's body back through the Stargate and managed to place her on the waiting gurney before he collapsed exhausted into O'Neill's arms.

The silence from him is very disconcerting.

I would give my own life to prevent this but placed in the same situation I would do the same thing.

Two hours have passed but it seems a great deal longer since my friend's life was destroyed by my hand.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to L.E McMurray