Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

First Meeting

by Erin
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story Bemerkung:
My first attempt at, well, a Stargate-SG 1/Sci Fi story. Many times have I written stories. Some I deem rather good. Other people, I don't care if they like them or not. But they are my stories. YEE-HAW!
First Meeting

First Meeting

by Erin

Summary: We start the story following a young woman, Angelique Nevu, as she discovers her future, and what will eventually connect her to Dr. Jackson, and possibly the SGC itself.
Category: Other
Season: any Season
Pairing: Daniel/other
Rating: GEN
Warnings: none
Author's Notes: My first attempt at, well, a Stargate-SG 1/Sci Fi story. Many times have I written stories. Some I deem rather good. Other people, I don't care if they like them or not. But they are my stories. YEE-HAW!
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story was created for entertainment purposes only. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Personal disclaimer: I have made pretty much every 'scientific' or 'archeological' item up myself, except the Mayan Civilization, they really existed. Well, the Astral bodies: stars, star clusters, galaxies, are real.
Archived on: 10/22/06

In Your Love
My first attempt at, well, a Stargate-SG 1/Sci Fi story. Many times have I written stories. Some I deem rather good. Other people, I don't care if they like them or not. But they are my stories. YEE-HAW!
Anyway-
More in depth summary- between the years of 2004 and 2006, Tok'ra forces, with the help of SGC, have over taken the Goa'uld System Lords. Consequently, since a great deal of the battles took place within view of Earth, the SGC has now become public knowledge. Although Jack O'Neill, and Sam Carter still work within the SGC, Teal'c has traveled to his home world of Chulak, and Daniel Jackson has taken a leave of absence from Stargate Command until further notice, or he is called upon. He is now Earth bound, teaching others what he has learned from his many, many trips through the wormhole. He teaches at a local college in the suburbs of Chicago. He spends most of his time identifying ancient archaeological artifacts found both on, and off world. He has written a couple of books, but has so far published only one, concerning his time with the SGC; a rather lengthy book. His second discusses some of the planets, and different races of aliens he has come across throughout the Milky Way Galaxy alone, which is incomplete.
Personal disclaimer: I have made pretty much every 'scientific' or 'archeological' item up myself, except the Mayan Civilization, they really existed.
We start the story following a young woman, Angelique Nevu, as she discovers her future, and what will eventually connect her to Dr. Jackson, and possibly the SGC itself.
***
Angel stepped quietly into the large lecture hall that sat around 350 people. She saw only a few empty seats, one in the back row near the door, which she took. She focused her attention down toward the speaker. She was pleased to see that it was indeed Dr. Jackson of the secretive, but only recently public, SGC program. This was his last day in Chicago and she was afraid she might have missed him all together. She listened intently to what he was talking about. Since missing pretty much the whole lecture, she could not pick up on what he was talking about. However, that was not her intentions for this visit.
Dr. Jackson finished his lecture, and dismissed his students. As the students left the hall, he started gathering his papers into a small pile, and turned to face the blackboard, going over some of his notes for the next class, which began in about forty-five minutes. He turned and was startled to see a young woman walking down the steps toward his desk. He straightened himself upright, and greeted her with a small smile. "May I help you?"
"Yeah, I was wondering...." She paused for a second, trying to come up with an excuse as to why she was in his lecture hall. She shifted her weight from one foot, to the other. "I, uh, well..." She gave a small laugh, feeling slightly embarrassed. She had never actually thought that she would ever get this close to somebody so important to the country, if not the World.
He stepped around to the front of his desk, leaning back on it. He smiled. He received this kind of response from people all other world who had heard of him. "Well, alright. I'll start; you follow. I'm Dr. Daniel Jackson, and you are?" He held his hand out, palm up, giving her a chance to introduce herself to him.
Her chest tightened with anxiety over handle being able to speak. "I...I'm Angelique. Angelique Nevu."
He turned his hand 30 degrees counter-clockwise. "It's nice to meet you, Angelique."
She reached for his outstretched hand, giving him a quick shake.
He then folded his arms across his chest, looked down at the floor for a second, then giving her a quizzical look. "You're not in any of my classes, are you?"
"No, I'm not ...I just wanted to meet you...I guess. I'm sort of a.... fan...I guess you could say."
He nodded his head, "yeah, I get that a lot. But I'm used to it. I promise I won't bite. I'm not promising I won't analyze you, though."
She smiled, understanding his joke.
"So, is there anything that I can help you with? Got any questions?" He placed his hands palms down on the desk. "Need a recommendation for something?"
"I do have somewhat of a question, I guess." She began to feel relieved, "I've read your book, and there's one thing I don't understand..." She held her hands behind her back for a few seconds, and then folded them across her chest. "Well, there is several things I don't understand...but this one thing really gets me..."
He nodded, trying to figure out what she was going to say. Many people who had previously approached him had always asked the same thing. 'Is the Stargate wormhole a rush when you go through it,' or something like 'how are you so smart?' Then he would counter them with a different question. The analytical side of his brain would always comprehend the silliness about them, even if they had read his book, they never really understood much of it. "Go on..."
Angel felt even more relieved. "If you had cross referenced the material you picked up from a Mayan planet found in the Pleiades cluster, with the Egyptian hieroglyphs from Alexandria..." She paused for a moment, catching her breath, and making sure each word came out clear. "Wouldn't it have been plausible for you to find where the Mayan people really went?"
He started to give his usual counter question, than stopped with his lips partly separated. He looked at her, thinking hard. He furrowed his brow, and tilted his head to the side. "Where did you get that from?" He was a bit astounded at what she had come up with. In fact, he was currently working in conjunction with the SGC from his home, about a new planet that the Asgard were in control of, with Mayan temples on the surface, and writings in the ancient language.
"I just...I've put together some of my own research, and studied your findings...I never really found a definite answer."
A phone started to beep from the belt of Dr. Jackson. He pulled it out and looked at the caller ID. He put one finger up to Angelique for a second. "Hold still, do not go anywhere." He walked over to a small lit alcove to the side of the room, talking into the phone. He started to press a couple of buttons on a shelf, and a projection of Earth appeared as if it where hanging from the ceiling. This was obviously alien technology. He pressed a few more buttons, while talking, changing the hologram several different times, until stopping on one, and looking over.
After around 15 minutes, he turned off the hologram, and closed his cell phone. He turned around, and looked back at Angel. Slipping his phone back into his belt, he walked back over to her. "Sorry, that was a call I needed to answer."
She looked up at him, feeling more confident in herself now, then when she had first said her name. "An assignment for a student?"
He looked back at the now dark alcove, and turned back to her. "Uh, yeah, something like that. Hey, about your question..."
She sighed, cutting him off. "There is no way to answer that, right?"
"No, but on the contrary...can I ask if you need any kind of internship for the summer?"
She looked at him in shock. Was he offering a chance for her to actually work on something with him? Already? "I am trying to get into your class for next fall."
"What are you currently studying?"
"Archeology and Theology."
He smiled. "French, right?"
Now she turned a bit confused. "No, South American."
"You're name. It's French?"
She blushed, "Oh, yea. French."
"Means Angel, can I call you Angel?"
She nodded again, slowly. "Sure."
"Meet me here, in this room, around six, we need to talk." He smiled at her. "I got a class starting here pretty quick," he glanced down at his watch, "and I'm not quite ready. So, come back, and we will discuss this matter in greater detail. I promise."
She nodded. "Yes, sir."
"Not in the Military." He smiled, "Right now, you can call me Dr. Jackson."
She nodded again, smiling at his attempt at a little joke. "Alright, Dr. Jackson." With that, she turned around, and walked towards a door leading out.
After she left, he sat down at his desk, placed his arms on top of it, and laid his head on his hands face down. How could anyone know about that? He sighed deeply, before sitting up straight to get the things ready he needed for the next class.
Angel quickly drove home to begin searching for papers she had written, and search results from online information about the possible connection between the ancient Mayan and Aztec civilizations that had been previously published by a renowned author of archeological and anthropological aspects of Mexico, Susan Daites.
After filing the papers and researched material into a small plastic bin, she sat down on her couch, exhausted.
One of her roommates walked through the door of the small house. "Did you catch him?"
Angel looked over at her friend with a shy smile. "Yea, and we're going to 'discuss' some things." She had never told her friends anything about what she was actually studying though.
Leah shook her head, closing the door, and locking it behind her. "What time are you supposed to meet him?"
Angel looked down at her watch, which read 5:00. "In about an hour, or so." She sat up quickly, knowing she had at least a 30-minute drive back to the college. "I need to take a shower, and change!" She jumped off the couch, running for the bathroom, leaving her roommate shaking her head slightly.
Twenty minutes later, Angel stepped out of her bathroom, and into her bedroom just as her cell phone rang. She held onto the towel that was wrapped around her naked body. She reached down, picking up her phone. "Hello?" She was very surprised to hear Daniel on the other end. "How did you get my number?"
Daniel fell silent for a moment, than answered her rather stately. "I have connections." He paused for another minute. "Hey, I just left the school. Are you ready to talk about that thing in which you asked me earlier?"
"Um, yea...I guess. But over the phone?"
"No. I was thinking more your home. I'm headed there right now."
Angel dropped her phone, but quickly retrieved it from the tabletop. "My home?" She sat down on her bed, perplexed. "Let me guess, connections?"
He stifled a small laugh. "Maybe." She could here wind blowing in the background, attributing it to a window being down in his vehicle. "I thought it would be a little bit less public. You never know whose watching or listening."
She looked around her room. "I dunno, somebody may have bugged me."
This time, he let out a small chuckle. "If you were bugged by the government, I would know about it."
She started to feel a tad bit nervous. "Dr. Jackson...can I even trust you?"
He changed his cell phone between hands. "Yes, you can. You might be able to help me, even."
"Well, if you're already on the way..." She stopped as a large truck slowly pulled in front of her house. "No way..."
"Yea, it's me."
Angel's hands fell to her side, her phone, and towel, fell to the floor. She looked out her open bedroom window and shouted toward the truck. "I'm not even dressed yet!" She could see Daniel flip his phone off in the front, but instead of getting out, he started to fiddle with items on the passenger seat. She closed the curtain quickly, and picked up her phone. She mumbled under her breath after hearing a dial tone. She threw on some clothes as quick as she could, running toward the front door. She smoothed her wet hair with her hands quickly, waiting for the doorbell to ring.
After a few minutes, it rang. Dr. Jackson stood in front of her holding a box. "You look dressed to me." He stepped inside, sliding past her.
She closed the door behind him. "You don't make house calls very often, you do?" She turned to look at him.
He placed the large cardboard box on a table in front of the couch. Putting his hands on his waist, he shook his head no. "Not usually. Why?"
She raised her eyebrows. "Oh, no reason really, it's just that most people call a lot sooner before they actually SHOW UP!"
He turned around sharply, with his eyes wide open. "Sorry. I guess my first call took longer then I thought."
Angel shook her head in response; "I've got my research and such in the den." She pointed at the box. "Is that related?"
He nodded. "Yup. I had it brought to the school right before I left." He picked it back up. "Should I put this somewhere else?"
"In here." She led him into a room simply decorated with a bookshelf, a desk, a couch, a reclining chair, and a table with a couple of wooden chairs. A computer filled most of the space on the desk.
Daniel placed the box on the floor, taking a glance at some of the things laid throughout the room. He noticed several star maps of the southern hemisphere, along with books about Ancient Mayan civilizations on the table. He picked up one in particular. "This looks a lot like Go-," He stopped himself, not knowing how much Angel knew about the Goa'uld race. "Um...gold writing of someth-" He tried to think of a descent fake answer, and failed miserably. "It's Goa'uld symbols."
"That's what I thought at first." Angel took the book out of his hands, and opened it up to a chapter she had previously marked. She showed the open book to Daniel. "The author wrote a whole chapter on that stuff. He had no idea what they were, though."
Daniel flipped through the chapter carefully. He glanced at Angel over the rims of his glasses. "You know what Goa'uld writing looks like?"
Angel nodded. "Yea, I found those same markings in another book," She pointed to a picture that had caught Daniel's eye.
He studied the one picture very carefully. He then closed the book, and sat down at the table, opening the box at the same time. He leaned over pulling a folder out, then laying it on the table. He watched Angel, as she sat down next to him, placing a hardcover book in front of her. His book. "By chance, what book?" He smiled, cocking his head to the side.
She looked up at him smiling, her fingers tapping on the book cover. "You should know."
Daniel opened the first book back to the one chapter, and to the picture, that he had taken. "This guy didn't even give me credit. And I took this with my digital recorder on Chulak." He turned the page, studying another picture. He laughed to himself, turning the book upside down. He started to read ancient markings from a small tablet shown in the picture. "Well, I bet this guy didn't understand this, because it's upside down." he placed a finger over a line of text. "It's kind of a note-taking system, of sorts. Definitely Goa'uld."
"Are you gonna tell me what is says?"
He lifted en eyebrow, grinning at her. "Can't read Goa'uld?"
She looked at him as if to say, 'hell no.'
He looked back down at the picture, still smiling. He began to read from it, "These Mayan people are very intelligent. Younger than the Tau'ri. Testing shall cease immediately." He glanced back at Angel. "We need to study this more."
Angel looked at him, impressed by how he could read the Goa'uld message so easily. "Just notes?"
"Hold on, there's more..." He turned the book back around, reading from the picture normally. "There is a hidden message in this, right-side up." He looked it over, understanding more of it. "Those who curse us, or touch us, or even betray us, shall meet an unforgiving death from a mighty time traveler." He furrowed his brow. "A time traveler." He closed the book and simply stated, "So what are you doing this week?"
She looked at him. "Um, working with you, maybe?" She secretly coveted this thought, seeming how the great archeologist, Dr. Daniel Jackson, played a main role in saving the Earth, and possibly a great deal of other civilizations in the known universe as well.
He pulled out another folder marked 'SGC: Classified.' He opened it, pulling out computer readouts, and maps of far away star systems, and galaxies. "We could use your help."
She looked at a piece of paper Daniel handed her. "What is this?"
"It's a sphere that was found in the Pleiades cluster, orbiting Maia. Possibly Mayan. The Asgard found it several years ago. Shortly after the Goa'uld war, it started to move. The Asgard have been following it since."
Angel thought her jaw had hit the floor. "No way."
He nodded. "That's why I'm so interested in you, you came to me with the question about the Mayans." He took the paper from her, neatly placing everything back into the folder that he had taken out. He closed it, and placed it back into the box. He was a little nervous of showing her too much, thinking she may be associated with the Goa'uld, or possibly another alien race, trying to find a missing planet of some sort. "I could use your help, and I would like to keep an eye on you, so to speak."
She raised her eyebrows. "Alright."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Erin