Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

When truths are told.

by Kitty S
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
When truths are told.

When truths are told.

by Kitty S

Title: When truths are told.
Author: Kitty S
Email: kittystrawberries@hotmail.com
Category: Angst
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/other, Sam/Jack
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Summary: Jack finally tells Sam about Lydia.
Sequel to: Open Feelings
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Sam woke up and wasn't surprised that it was almost noon; the thing that surprised her was Jack in her house. She wasn't imaging it at all, he was here and she felt a thousand times better, knowing that he was near and had forgiven her. She hadn't realized that she was smiling to her self and that Jack was grinning at her. "What's so funny?"

She turned her head to the doorway of her bedroom, where he was standing. "Nothing, just had a happy thought." Still smiling Sam let her head fall back to her pillow.

Jack sat on the side of her bed stroking her hair. "You're not sleeping again are you?"

Sam closed her eyes and sighed. "No, just don't want to get up. I feel like lying here forever."

"Well then I guess you won't be having lunch then." He teased. "Oh and where's the dogs food? He won't leave me alone, I think he hungry. He keeps following me."

She opened her eyes and swung her legs to the floor. "Might as well get up then." She smiled and got up. When Jack left her bedroom she got changed, took a shower and before joining Jack at the table she poured Baby his food and ruffled his fur. It was silent again, sitting at a table, face to face... the awkwardness came to slap Sam hard on her face. "So..." she started.

"So."

She fumbled with her fork. "Um, so where does this leave us?"

This was it, if he wanted any kind of future with Sam he had to come clean and tell her about Lydia. He shifted in his seat, looking nervous more than ever. He cleared his throat. "Well, before we do anything, I have something to tell you. Something I'm not proud of."

Sam's interest was peeking, she'd never seen Jack O'Neill so nervous before, not even when he asked her to marry him. He always carried confidence in his actions. Though she was interested in knowing, the way he was messing with his fork, she was almost afraid to ask. "Yes?"

He went for the quick and painless method, though he doubted that it was going to be anything but painless. "You remember Lydia..." He stopped at the barely audible gasp coming from Sam's direction. After mustering up his courage he continued. "when you left, we sorta had a thing. But I broke it off before coming to see you."

Sam's eyes filled with tears, but she refused them to drop. She did remember Lydia, the women whom he had a relationship before her. She couldn't believe her own ears, a wave of anger and the feeling of betrayal flooded over her. She didn't say anything yet, not wanting to swear uncontrollably.

"Sam, I'm so sorry. Please, say something." God, he felt like crap. He shouldn't have come back, he should have gotten away, far away. Give her at least that much of dignity.

Her mind was racing, she saw pictures of Lydia in her mind, then Tom. It hurt her, to know that Jack didn't need her as much as she needed him. Jack going back to Lydia was telling her that if she wasn't around, then he had her. And it was dreadful to know that you can be discarded without a thought. "What do you want from me then? My forgiveness?"

"I know what I did is horrible and I'm asking you to forgive me and to take me back."

"Did you sleep with her?" she whispered.

"Sam..."

She couldn't hold it. Sam let her tears fall. "Oh god, when was this? I wasn't gone more than a week..."

"Sam, all I can give you is my apology. I can't take it back, I wish I could. But I can't."

Sam stood then, pacing, almost trembling. "I can't believe you Jack O'Neill. Last night it was all about how I kept Tom from you and how it hurt you for me to go and see him. Which was to tell him that I was with you. And now you're sitting here, after all the guilt you put me through, to tell me that you've been sleeping with your ex-girlfriend?"

"I can't change what I have done, and I'm so sorry for hurting you this way."

"It hurts to know that you didn't care enough to want to work it out in the first place. Jack, you left me without hearing my side. And apparently you went straight to her. Am I that replaceable?"

"NO! And that's why I came back. Because I know that no matter what, I can't live without you."

Sam walked to her door, and held it open for him. "Right now, I think... I need to think. Please, let me just be alone."

Without protest Jack walked out the door. "Just know that I love you, and always will."

Not trusting her self to say anything at the moment, she nodded and shut her door. She let her sob out and slid down the wall, she curled into a fetal position. She laid there till fell asleep.

End part 10

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kitty S