Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Our Choice 2- Aftermath

by Kitty S
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Our Choice 2- Aftermath

Our Choice 2- Aftermath

by Kitty S

Title: Our Choice 2- Aftermath
Author: Kitty S
Email: dorqiekat@yahoo.com
Category: AlternateUniverse, Angst, Drama
Episode related: 405 Divide and Conquer
Season: Season 4
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Summary: the procedure didn't work.
Sequel to: Our Choice 1- the decision
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Sam slowly awoke, blinking her eyes. Her vision cleared and she stared straight into the brown eyes of her friend and doctor. Did it work? She tired to work out her mouth to form the words, but her jaw was slack. The only thing coming out of her lips were incoherent moans, and she heard it with her own ears. She couldn't speak. She tried to lift her limbs, but they too were heavy and flaccid.

Janet slipped her friend some sedatives before dashing to the observation room. As fast as she could, she ran and knocked on the window. "Stop!" she panted. "It didn't work" she whispered. Through the glass Janet saw the colonel and nodded.

Jack closed his eyes and swore inwardly. Why did she have to go first? By the time Teal'c undid the straps to his wrists and ankles Janet had walked back down. "I'm so sorry." Her eyes were full of compassion. "You!" Jack turned, and pointed his finger to Martouf. "You told her," he choked. "you told her that she'd be okay."

"There was a chance that the procedure would not work, and I informed her of this." He defended.

Jack looked away, closing his eyes. Showing the most emotion anyone had seen. "Wait," Janet announced. "retest him."

"For what reason?" asked Anise.

"Just... trust me, trust me." She walked the colonel back to the chair he was occupying earlier. "Doc?" She strapped him back in. "Sir, you're not a za'tarc."

"How do ya know?"

"When you didn't leave Sam, are you sure there wasn't something else that you're not admitting?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Something neither one of you can admit given your working relationship, and military ranks..."

"OH!... oh, that..."

"Sir, you weren't telling the whole truth, and that's why the machine said you were lying."

"Really?"

"Retest him."

*

Janet smiled as she walked toward the couple sitting on the infirmary bed with their legs crossed playing tic-tac-toe. Sam was getting better, and by better it meant that she has finally accepted the fact that she wasn't going to be the same ever again. The Air Force Major walks with a heavy limp, and can't even draw her X's straight when playing tic-tac-toe. Her speech is no better, without a trained ear, you wouldn't even know the words coming out of Sam's mouth were words, rather deep moans and grunts. It took a while, but Sam was coping and had come to terms of her new challenge. With Jack around, she began the smile more, relax more.

After the retesting of the za'tarc incident, Jack had realized his feelings for Sam was deeper than he thought. He vowed to Sam that he'd never leave her side, but only received her dinner thrown upon his face. Though Sam was impaired with her speech and movement, she was still Sam Carter inside. And that Sam Carter clearly expressed that she did not need a babysitter, only the person she loved. And Jack gladly took that job.

When the pencil broke under the pressure of Sam's unsteady hand for the third time, she threw it across the room. Clearly evident she was frustrated; Jack kissed her on the forehead and Sam just whined and pushed him away and typed onto her laptop. //Can't you see that I'm pissed?//

"Baby I do, but you can't let little things like that get to you." He leaned over to her again, caressing her cheek. She pushed him away again.

//They're not little things Jack, I can't even hold a pencil. A child can control that pencil better than I can. Whatever, were going home today and all I want to do is get out of here. I hate the way people look at me here.//

"How do people look at you?"

//You know how they look at me.//

Jack sighed and got off the bed and stretched. "I'm going to tell Janet that we're taking off." It was going to be trying restoring Sam's confidence.

End part 2

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kitty S