Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Orange Water

by Kirsty841
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Orange Water

Orange Water

by Kirsty

Title: Orange Water
Author: Kirsty
Email: stargater4life@aol.com
Category: Romance
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Summary: Some orange stuff make Sam and Jack TALK - over a game of truth or dare!
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Orange Stuff

"SG-1, You have a go" SG-1 walked up the ramp and through the stargate, after a ride that's enough to make a grown man cry like a five year old girl they ended up on P92-156 for a standard meet, greet and gain as many doohickeys and rocks as possible.

"ACK, what is it with planets and trees? I would love to find the man who invented the damn things and send him backwards and naked through the stargate." Sam giggled, Teal'c carried on scanning the immediate area for danger and Daniel made his way to the little boy who was hiding behind on of the trees Jack was so busy complaining about. "Hey little man, what's your name?" Asked Daniel whilst trying not to sound threatening and crouching down so he was eye level with the child who couldn't have been no more than 6 years old. The boy stepped out from behind the tree and brought with him a little girl who was younger than the boy, "My name is Kayden, and this..." pointing to the girl, "Is my baby sister Kasen she's four" he declared proudly holding up four fingers, the two obviously had a strong bond. Daniel smiled at the two, it was hard not to they were so cute, a little blonde haired girl with bright blue eyes and a very protective brother who was the proud owner of brown hair and eyes. They reminded him of Sam and Jack. "There nice names, I'm Daniel and these are my friends Teal'c, Sam and Jack." Kasen the little girl looked up at them and rather hesitantly asked, "Are you nice people? Daddy says be careful when talking to people who come out of the whooshy thing because they might be bad, your not bad are you?" SG1s hearts melted, they were all pretty sure she could melt the heart of Apophis; Sam was finding it extremely difficult not to kidnap her and claim her as her own. Daniel was the one who answered, "No we're not bad people. We're travellers from a peaceful planet from earth. Do you think you could show us to where you live?" Kayden answered this time, "Sure, follow us."

After a ten minute walk and listening to Kayden make his little sister laugh they finally arrived at what can only be described as a huge castle, easily 6 time the size of a football field in length and about the height of the empire state building. Despite its size it still looked friendly and inviting so after clearing things with Jack they made their way into the building. They entered into a room that looked like a reception hall; it had two spiral staircases that led the man walking towards SG1 to them and the kids, "Kasen, Kayden, where have you been? You're half an hour late; its dark outside you should be in bed. Now, who are these people?" He demanded from the children whilst eyeing up the team. The kids managed to sound as if the whole thing was a well practiced speech, "These are Daniel, Teal'c, Jack and Sam" started Kayden, "They came through the big whooshy thing Daddy" continued Kasen "There nice people Dad, explores from earth." Neither of the children seemed to be put of by the stern look they were receiving from their father. Kasen stepped forward and held her Dads hand, "I love you Daddy" Who could resist that? Evidently no one could! The children realising they were out of trouble said there good-byes to SG1 and goodnights to their father and ran off down the hall.

"I'm Luke, my children seem to be quite taken with you." He said with the smile of a proud father. "It's late you may stay in the castle tonight if you wish, we will answer any questions you may have in the morning and you may explore." SG1 were shocked, they were so used to getting hostile receptions, Jack stepped forward "I'm Jack, the leader of this group, we would be honoured if it's not to much trouble." Luke smiled, "Of course not, follow me I'll show you to your rooms and let you get on. I can assure you, you will not need your weapons but if you must keep them then so be it." Luke proceeded to show them to their rooms, each room was like an apartment, they each had a lounge and there was two double bedrooms which both had en suite bathrooms. Teal'c and Daniel took one "apartment" and Sam and Jack took another. After talking to Luke, Sam decided there was nothing here of great scientific interest so it was decided this would be Daniels mission. Daniel followed by Teal'c went with Luke to the library, meanwhile...

Sam was cleaning herself up as this was the first ever mission where shower facilities were available. Jack sat in the lounge area and rested his eyes, trying and failing to not be affected by the fact that his very sexy second in command was very naked and very wet next door, he got up and poured himself a glass of orange water and figured hey he was only human, who wouldn't be attracted to her? Sam came out of her room smiling and looking unbelievable gorgeous but Jack always thought that so he decided he was going to try and make conversation because it was only half past eight and wasn't quite ready for sleep. "Carter?" god how he wished he was able to call her Sam "What do you think?" she poured herself some orange stuff too and sat beside him on the couch, "Of what sir?" god I wish I could call him Jack, "Do you think we're letting our guard down to much here?" Sam smiled, always the cautious one, "Well there's no traces of Naquada at all here, neither me nor Teal'c have picked up on anything Goa'uld like. I think as long as we keep our weapons and stay in at least pairs we'll be fine. Don't worry sir, I'll protect you" Jack chuckled thinking no Samantha that's what I do for you but instead saying, "Major Samantha Carter, my hero." He drawled, loving the way her name rolled off his tongue and made her shiver and blush. "Sir?" Sam watched him shake himself from his thoughts, admiring just how handsome he is when he's thinking.

"So? What dya wanna do its still only quarter to nine and I'm not tired, I am however bored" she watched with interest as Jacks eyes began to twinkle and a cheeky grin slowly spreading across his face, She was not sure if she was gonna like this "How bout we play truth or dare... You up for it Carter or are you to scared?" Jack knew how to push her buttons and loved every minute of it, "You no I can take anything you dish out so bring it on flyboy. You go first, truth or dare?" Sam went and got them some more orange stuff while he decided the stuff was addictive! "Truth." Sam smiled, "Hmm truth, truth" she sipped her drink whilst pondering the question, "I know, what did you think of me five years ago when we first met and what do you think of me now?" Jack thought for a moment, "That's a tough one, its also two questions you cheater" Sam smiled and waited for him to continue, "Okay, you want the truth I assume, no awkwardness once I've told you, deal?" Sam just smiled and nodded, "Deal", "Good, okay when I first met you, you strolled into that briefing room, I looked at you and thought, wow what great legs!" Jack started laughing as Sam threw a pillow at him then dove for him, Jack quickly turned the tables and had her pinned beneath him, he was straddling her stomach holding her hands above her head, "Seriously Jack, I want to know" Sam answered not at all phased by their position. Jack let go of her arms so he was just straddling her stomach, "Okay, when I first met you I thought you were another female officer with a chip on her shoulder." Sam's face fell, she wasn't expecting that. Jack smiled gently and brought his hand to her cheek and gently caressed it, "but then everyday you proved to me you weren't. Today, right now I think you are the most amazing woman I have ever known, your kind, generous, devastatingly beautiful and you don't even no it which by the way makes you even more beautiful. You are the nicest person I have ever had the privilege of knowing. When things get bad for me, which they often do, and I can't find a way out I imagine your there with me, smiling, giggling, laughing, explaining you're the experiments your working on and everything seems worthwhile, it feels like everything's going to be okay because your there to help me through it." Sam was on the verge of tears, she pulled him to her and hugged him tight, "Thank-you" Jack just smiled "Anytime Angel, Anytime. Now..." he said with an evil glint in his eye "Truth or dare?" This man was amazing, he could make her go from crying to laughing in a matter of seconds He had so much power over her and she didn't mind at all as far as she was concerned he could have her forever. "Truth please." Pleading with him via eye contact to go easy on her "Okay, the same, what did you think of me five years ago and today?" Jack asked whilst finally moving from off of her, "Honestly when I first met you I was so nervous you wouldn't accept me as you're second in command that I spent the entire time doing 210 percent so I wouldn't let you down so I really didn't have much of an impression, I respected you a great deal though, you were THE Colonel Jack O'Neill, for cryin' out loud!" "You proved yourself to me over and over and over again but you didn't need to, you should do it all for you not me." Sam smiled at him, "Don't be silly, I have to make you proud of me you're my CO, the man I respect and am obliged to do anything for, its my job to save your cute ass!" Jack started tickling her, "Cute ass? You little..." after about five minutes the tickling had died down, Sam climbed on Jack and straddled his stomach like he did before and began, "but now I think you have the biggest heart in the world, although you'll probably never admit it. You have this huge capacity to love but due to life's cruel fate, you find it hard to let people in. I think your unbelievably clever but hide it because you see it as a weakness when you shouldn't. You're the most handsome man I have ever known from your gorgeous brown eyes and cheeky boy grin to your distinguished grey hair." Jacks face remained neutral, "Your wrong, I don't have a huge capacity to love." Sam looked confused and Jack wondered why he was telling her all this, he doesn't like to talk about emotions, "5 years ago my heart was dead, it only remembered the pain I felt for Charlie but over time it got better and started to beat again and now, half of it is full of my good memories of Charlie and the other half beats at a constant, steady rhythm for you." Jack placed Sam's hand over his heart and continued, "I have no capacity left to love because its all for you and my son Angel." Jack all but whispered, "I love you" Sam placed her ear next to his heart and laid down on him, "I love you too." And they both drifted off to sleep.

Jack woke up to a loud banging on the door, "Sam? Jack? It's me Daniel, can you open the door?" Jack groaned and ran his hand over his face, he then looked down at the gorgeous pools of sapphire that were looking up at him, she was still half asleep and looked adorable so he whispered, "Go to sleep baby, I'll take care of Daniel." Sam smiled and tried to snuggle back into Jack but unfortunately Jack had to release her so she settled for the cushion instead. Jack kissed her on the forehead and made his was to the door to let Daniel in. "Hey Jack, I'm done now there's really not much information that will be relevant to the SGC so we can leave when your ready, okay?" Jack yawned, "Yeah that's fine will be ready in half hour meet you outside." Daniel left and closed the door behind him whilst Jack set about waking up Sam.

On their way back to the stargate Jack overheard Daniel talk to Teal'c about the orange water they were drinking last night, "Daniel? What did you say about that orange stuff?" Daniel stopped and turned round, "Oh, it has a special chemical in it which makes people relax kind of like alcohol, no that's not right, erm, its hard to explain." Jack was panicking both he and Sam drank a lot of it last night, "Erm okay well if you drank it basically your raw emotions would show, you'd talk about they way you feel deep down, it's kind of like stripping someone of everything except their strongest emotions. Does that help?" Jack smiled; "Yeah it does" he then fell back into step with Sam. They reached the stargate and Daniel dialled them up and stepped through followed by Teal'c. Jack stopped Sam by placing his hand on her arm, he looked at her searching for something, satisfied he had found it he placed her hand over his heart and said, "It's still beating for you Angel and it will never stop, the day it does is the day I will die. I love you so much." Sam smiled and put her arms around his neck then gave him a sweet gentle kiss on the lips that gave him everything but took nothing and said, "I love you too." They both smiled and stepped through the gate.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kirsty