Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Auction

by Jenni, Anna B
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Auction

Auction

by Jenni and Anna.

TITLE: Auction
AUTHOR: Jenni and Anna.
EMAIL: jeni_86@hotmail.com and stargategirl86@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Jack/Sam, Humor
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: minor Emancipation
SEASON / SEQUEL: any
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: minor m/f... minor language... some Danny whompin'
SUMMARY: Just a nice lil Sam/Jack story...
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: So erm... this is our second finished and subbed story together and erm... well we just hope you like it... be sure to let us know what you think of it... okay thanx bye...

SG-1 went down a hill on the planet they gated to. They saw no living creatures there, and no dead creatures either. The planet was beautiful, there were lots of green grass and stuff, so it looked just like a country side.

"Sir," Sam said and touched Jack's shoulder. Jack looked at Sam and then at the direction she was looking at. He saw some people coming up the hill.

"Be ready," Jack said to the rest of his team, but it was too late. Jack, Sam and Teal'c could do nothing else than watch helplessly how Daniel walked towards the people.

"I really hate it when he does that," Jack mumbled.

"Hello," Daniel said as he reached the people. "We are peaceful explorers from planet Earth. We mean you no harm. I am Daniel Jackson. This is my team..."

"His team ?" Jack asked quietly. Sam grinned.

"We would like to visit your village and learn something more about your culture," Daniel continued. The locals stared at him.

"Do you speak English ?" Daniel asked. The locals kept staring.

"English ?" Daniel tried again.

"Eengleesh ?" one of the locals repeated.

"Yes !" Daniel smiled. "English. Do - you - speak - English ?"

"Eengleesh ?" the man asked once again.

"Yes !" Daniel shone. "That's right !"

"Eengleesh !" the man smiled. He faced the others. "Eengleesh !" he yelled. They others began to repeat the word.

"That's right !" Daniel smiled widely. "English ! Do you speak... Speak, you know what's speak ? Do you speak English ?"

"Eengleesh !!!" the locals yelled.

"Yes ! Yes !" Daniel kept smiling.

"Eengleesh ! Eengleesh !"

"Do you speak English ?"

"EENGLEESH !!!"

"Daniel, they obviously don't," Jack grinned.

"Look at them," Daniel smiled at Jack. "They learn new words so fast. Amazing !"

"Neow woartz," Jack grinned. "You know, why wouldn't they learn it when you keep saying that."

"Geez you're funny," Daniel said. "Ha ha."

"Daniel ?" Sam suggested. "Why don't you try some other languages ?"

"Good idea," Daniel said. And SG-1 spent very interesting time listening how Daniel talked to the locals in about 26 different languages. After making sure they didn't speak any of them, except of course the things they could repeat, SG-1 headed towards the main house of the village.

Suddenly one of the people who were following our heroes stepped out of the crowd and went infront of SG-1, forcing them to stop.

"The woman can not go any further," he said.

"What ???" Daniel's mouth dropped open.

"Eengleesh, Daniel," Jack said. "Eengleesh."

"O'Neill, are you saying that we spent so much time in vain, listening to DanielJackson speaking all those languages ?" Teal'c asked.

"That's exactly what I'm saying."

"But... how... what... when... who..." Daniel tried to say something.

"Why," Sam helped him.

"Thanks... Why didn't you let us know you spoke English ?" Daniel asked.

"We had no use to that then," the man replied.

"No use ???" Jack repeated. "God dammit you made us listen to Daniel for like an hour !"

"I apologise for that," the man said. "But now the woman must follow me."

"And what exactly makes you think I'm gonna follow you ?" Carter asked.

"Way to go girl !" a woman from the crowd said and was going to say something more, but unfortunately she was taken away before that.

"Thank you," Sam gave the woman a smile.

"Now Sam," Daniel said quietly. "I think you should go. You see we must..." "Respect their ways and culture and yadda yadda yadda," Jack finished it for him. "Why don't you go yourself Danny ?"

"Why don't you let her decide ?" Danny asked back.

"Why don't you both shut up ?" after saying that, Sam faced the alien guy again. "Why do you want me to go with you ?"

"You will see that," the man answered.

"You are not going to execute her ?" Daniel wanted to make sure.

"Unless of course if your culture demains that," Jack mumbled.

"No, we mean her no harm," the man said.

"Where have I heard that before ?" Jack said.

"Just shut up," Daniel told him.

"I think I'll go," Sam said.

"What ?" Jack asked. "No, Carter, you're not going anywhere. It's an order."

"But sir..."

"You heard me Carter."

"Jack I really think she should go," Daniel said. "They won't hurt her."

"Yeah, how can you be sure of that," Jack mumbled. Then he looked at Carter. "You are allowed to go, Major." "Thank you sir," Sam smiled.

"And, Sam - take care of yourself. That's an order."

"Yes sir," Sam gave him one last smile and left together with the alien dude.

"Now what ?" Jack asked.

"Now you relax," another man from the crowd said. "You must be fresh tonight." "What's tonight ?" Jack asked, but nobody answered.

"Come now," a young boy entered the room where Jack, Teal'c and Danny stayed.

"Where ?" Jack asked.

"To the auction." "Auction ? Why the hell would I wanna go to a god damn auction of yours ?"

"Jack..." Daniel whispered.

"Yeah, respect their culture and stuff, I know... Okay let's go."

After Jack, Teal'c, Daniel and everyone else had taken places in the large house where the auction was supposed to be kept, the lights went off.

"Exciting," Jack mumbled. Daniel next to him sighed.

Trying not to fall asleep, Jack observed how dozens of objects, like vases, lamps, paintings and stuff were sold. His eyes were almost closed, as they suddenly jumped open. The woman on the stage, the next object, that wasn't... It couldn't be...

"Sam ?" Jack whispered.

"And now this lady," the salesman said. "You can have her for this whole night... Yes, that's right... And we're starting with 100 golden denars."

Everyone started shouting prices. Only Jack, Daniel and Teal'c remained quiet.

"450 denars," the salesman said. "450 denars, more offers ?"

"500 denars !" a fat old man shouted.

"500 denars !" the salesman repeated. "500 denars going once, going twice..."

"600 denars !" Jack shouted. "What, we can't let that man have Carter," he explained to Daniel and Teal'c.

"600 denars going..."

"700 denars !" the fat old man shouted.

"800 !" Jack shouted.

"900 !"

"1000 !"

"One thousand golden denars, ladies and gentlemen," the salesman said. "1000 golden denars going once..."

"2000 !" the fat old man shouted.

"3000 !"

"4000 !"

"10000 !" Jack shouted. All the people around him gasped.

"10000 going once, going twice..."

"20000 !" Jack kept shouting. "20000 going once..."

"30000 !" Jack shouted again.

"30000 going once, going twice... Sold to the man over there for thirty hundred golden denars."

"40000 !" Jack kept shouting.

"Jack, you already got her," Daniel whispered.

"Well... Had to make sure."

"Come up here and get your price !" the salesman laughed. Jack looked around. Then he went to the stage.

"Sir," Sam smiled. Jack couldn't take his eyes off Sam's clothes. Or actually off all the places that didn't have clothes.

"Hi Sam," Jack finally got his voice back.

"Thank you sir."

"You're welcome," then he turned to the salesman. "Listen buddy, we really have to go now."

"No no no, don't even think of that ! You have a hotel room for the whole night, and..."

"But I don't have any money !"

"It's on the house then," the salesman smiled. And before anyone could do anything, Jack already found himself and Sam in a hotel room. Everything there was beautiful, and the most beautiful thing was that Sam was there.

"Erm, Sam..." Jack said.

"Yes sir ?"

"Did you do this of your own free will ?"

"Kinda... They asked me if I wanted to do this and I said why not."

"You knew I was gonna win ?"

"Kinda..."

"So you're happy now ?"

"Not as happy as I will be in an hour," Sam smiled. "We both will."

"Wow," Jack raised his eyebrow. "You really think you could make me that happy, Major ?"

"Even more happier than you can imagine," Sam smiled and moved towards the bed. Jack noticed a couple of cups of tea on a table next to the bed.

"Why don't we drink some tea first ?" he suggested.

"Okay, if that's what you really want," Sam sounded a little disappointed. She took a cup to herself and gave one to Jack.

"Thanks," he smiled and drank the tea. Suddenly everything got dizzy.

"Sir ?" he heard Sam screaming. "Jack ? Are you okay ? Help ! Somebody help !"

He heard the door opening, a few locals ran in.

"Is he gonna be fine ?" he heard Sam asking.

"Did he drink the tea ? If so, he will be fine by tomorrow. He just needs some rest... I'm sorry, it seems that your night will have to wait..."

Jack felt someone carrying him away.

Then he woke up. He looked around. He was in his own bed in his own SGC-quarters. So, the whole auction-thingie was just a dream ?

"Jack ?" he heard Daniel calling. "Jack get up we're leaving in an hour !"

"Yeah, will be right there kid !"

The planet they gated to looked incredibly familiar. Green grass and lots of hills. Jack felt some kind of deja-vu, but he couldn't remember where he had seen that before.

Daniel saw a group of locals and went to talk to them. Jack and Sam didn't manage to stop him.

"Hello," Daniel said as he reached the people. "We are peaceful explorers from planet Earth. We mean you no harm. I am Daniel Jackson. This is my team..."

"His team ?" Jack asked quietly. Sam grinned. God he knew this situation. But from where ?

"We would like to visit your village and learn something more about your culture," Daniel continued. The locals stared at him.

"Do you speak English ?" Daniel asked. The locals kept staring.

"English ?" Daniel tried again.

"Eengleesh ?" one of the locals repeated. Now Jack remembered. His dream. He faced Sam.

"Carter, whatever happens," he said. "Whatever you or I do... Promise not to let me drink any tea !"

The end.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to JenniandAnna.