Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Straight From the Heart

by Mac
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Straight from the heart

Straight from the heart

by Mac

TITLE: Straight from the heart
AUTHOR: Mac
EMAIL: marcellawidya@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: none that I know off
SEASON / SEQUEL: That one moment
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: male/female relationship
SUMMARY: what happened after 'That one moment'?
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: How I wish they were mine... but they are not
They do belong to the very lucky company's: Gekko, Double Secret, MGM and ShowTime... those lucky bugs..
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Sorry, this just popped in my mind and couldn't get it out..

Jack

Well, it's bin a month since Jack junior was born....and died. Everything's back to normal. Sam's released out of the surgery today but isn't allowed to gate-travel with us. The General said it would be better if I stay on earth for a couple of days. Yeah, it probably would be better. Well, anyway I was going to see Sam. I have don't know where she is but I've got a slightest idea of where she is. She told me once that she's got a certain spot where she goes to every time she's down. It is my favorite place too. It surprised me that we never ran into each other. I open the door. The cold night breeze is greeting me. Ah, there she is. She must have heard me because she starts to talk.

"You know Jack. All this time I felt like I was missing something. Since I knew I've met Martouf and knew I was pregnant I felt like I was complete. I was wrong. I didn't need Martouf, and with the baby I was only have complete. I still mist one thing, you Jack. But now without the baby, I'm wanting a normal family much more...." I walk towards her. She looks up to me. I sit down. "You know what? We'll work on it, one step at the time" I say to her. She leans against my shoulder. I put my arm around her, with one hand feeling at the blue box in my pocket. Is it the right time? I don't want to rush her. I decide to wait for a better moment. "I love you Jack" She whispers. "I love you too" I reply. Right on that moment the door behind us opens. An Airman steps out "Colonel O'Neill, Major Carter. The Tok'ra are coming" We stand up and fallow the airman. I look at Sam, she looks pretty nervous. I take her hand and squeeze slightly. She looks up and smiles.

"It's going to be fine Sam. It's probably just dad."

Sam

Oh boy, it certainly wasn't dad. Well, it was him, but he wasn't alone. Too bad. My first feeling when I saw Martouf was hate. I wanted to kill him. He just left me here and just pops back in to my life again. Jack, still holding my hand, must have noticed what I was thinking and pulled me in his arms. That means, he's standing behind me, my face is pointed the same direction as his and his hand are in front of me. It's like he wants to prevent me from spilling blood on the precious gate-room floor, or does he wants to show Martouf he loves me?? Oh Lord, Martouf's coming this way. Come on now Sam, where's that tough Major you've always been?? Uh...... I guess she has a day downtime? I take a step backwards. I'm standing real close against Jack right now, but hey. O oh, he's going to speak. "Sam, can I talk to you for a minute?" Okay, say something Sam.... "Sammy!!!!! Come here and greet you're old man!!" Thank you, thank you dad. You don't know how much I love you right now! I look up to Jack who's looking pretty worried, I smile and give him a quick kiss. I slip out of his embrace and walk over to dad, avoiding Martouf. "Hey dad, how are you doing?" I hug him and give him a kiss. He moves is head closer to mine and whispers "Didn't I just rescued you? I want to talk to you before you talk to Martouf, ok?" I smile, he's just one of a kind. "Sure" I reply. He speaks up loud again. 'Now, let's buy ourselves that stuff they call coffee"

Jacob

Well, the first thing I noticed was Jack holding Sam's hand. I couldn't help but smile. I wasn't very happy when she was still with Martouf and especially not when he left her, when she was having her baby. Of course I knew that Jack was going to take care of here. I was nothing but happy when I saw Jack holding Sam when she saw Martouf. Stupid enough I let Martouf come with me when I just wanted some time alone to talk with Sam. Ah well, I save her for that one pretty good didn't I? Hey, I'm a experienced dad. I know how to rescue my baby-girl. Oh, there's she is with out coffee. "Now dad, where did you want to talk about?" I take a sip of my coffee. This is so not coffee. It tastes like a sort of chemical... "Dad?" O that's right Sam was waiting for a reply. "Well, for one, how are you doing? You know with the baby and stuff" She looks sad. "Well, dad. I'm actually quite fine. And the baby........" Okay... what's wrong with the baby? "...is dead." She adds. Whoa there. Dead? My poor girl... "I'm sorry Sam" is all I can think of to say. Oh, wait a sec. I know it! "It must've been tough being pregnant, having a baby and loosing a baby on your own. As in, no one who's going to take care of you.." There. Alright, I was obvious begging for some information about her and Jack. I know those two are... you know, but I need to hear it 'officially'. She smiles, damn it Jake learn to act like you don't know about a thing. You can't even lie properly. "He's sweet" She answers and gives me that huge smile and I know what I needed to know. "I'm happy for you Sam....not too happy of course, you know with the baby and stuff... but I'm really..." What am I saying??? Right, she's laughing at me. Great.

Sam

Too bad dad couldn't save me from talking to Martouf again and Jack was on a one day mission. So here I am waiting for Martouf to show up. He's late, I agreed to meet him in his quarters at 9.15. It's 9.25 right now. Great, first he begs me to talk to him and then he doesn't show up. I look at the pictures on his desk. There's one of him and dad, one of the whole SGC and there must be thousands of me with or without him. I smile, when I grow old my desk is going to look like that. Jack and me... maybe some kids. The door opens. Martouf walks in. "Sorry Samantha, am I that late?" Yes you... "Not a problem Martouf" I answer. He walks toward me and puts his hand on my shoulder. I don't know what to do. And I hate to be called 'Samantha'. He starts to speak.

"Samantha, I know I've hurt you badly. I want to make it up to you." He sound so sweet.... "I miss you Samantha, Please come back." Holy Hannah..... He hugs me and holds me so close I don't know what to do. It's like he can read my mind and he starts to kiss me. Oh my god!!! What about Jack.. I mean... I pull me away from Martouf's kiss. Jack.. I.. Suddenly a loud noise comes from behind the door. I rush to the door to look who made that noise. At first I see a desk, a chair and some paperwork spread all over the floor. I look in the hall way. I swear I could see a piece of Jack's uniform going around the corner. What did I do??? "Jack??" I ask. No reply. I start to shout "Jack!!!! Jack!!!" I start to run to the direction I thought he go to, leaving a confused Martouf behind. Finally I see him staring in the distance. "I'm so sorry Jack.... I didn't mean to...." He looks me in the eye. Lord, he cries, he really cries. After a brief second he looks away again, his head hanging down. I could see the anger in his eyes. "I love you Jack, maybe it's better this way. It's not that difficult to try, isn't it?" I whisper. I turn around and walk away. Why??? Why did I have to be that stupid?? "I love you too" I hear, it comes from behind me. I can't turn around, I want to, but I can't. I've hurt the man I really love..... Martouf's standing in front of me and I walk straight in his arms. I wish he was Jack...

Jack

LIFE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to kill the entire world....I want to kill her. No, that's not true, I love her. Like they say, the ones you love the most can hurt you the most. She broke my heart alright. I want to kill him!!!

She said she loved me, well how could she run away from me like that?

This is not over Marty! I'm going to put up a huge fight, no matter what it takes, I'm not going to loose her.

Sam

It's been two days and I can't find Jack anywhere. I am so stupid. The first thing I've done today is finding Jack. I want to talk to him, hoping he could forgive me. I know it isn't easy for him, but I live him so much!! I open the door of my lab and step inside. I turn on the lights and walk straight to my desk. Oh my.. There's a red rose lying on my desk with a tape. I look on my desk to find a not anywhere. Oh there it is! It says 'please listen to this, love Jack'. I put the tape in the cassette deck and push the play button. I sit down and let myself feel the music.

I could stop dreaming but it never ends
As long as you're gone we may as well pretend
I've been dreaming
Straight from the heart
You say it's easy but who is to say
That we'll be able to keep it this way
But it's easier
Coming straight from the heart
Give it to me straight from the heart
Tell me we can make another start
You know I'll never go, as long as I know
It's coming straight from the heart

Jack, how could I hurt him so much!! I run out of my lab in the hope that I can find him today. He's in his office, like I thought. It's dark but I can see a light glowing. I knock on his door, it's open. No answer. I let myself in and find him sitting here at his desk. He cries, it's the second time I see him crying. He stands up and walks toward me. I hug him when he's in reach.

"I love you Jack" He looks me in the eye. I know that he wants to be sure that it's from the heart, and I've said it, straight from my heart.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Mac