Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

That One Moment

by Mac
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
That One Moment

That One Moment

by Mac

TITLE: That One Moment
AUTHOR: Mac
EMAIL: marcellawidya@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: SJ
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: There's one that is a sequel of this. So let's say this is part one. The second part has been called 'Straight from the heart'
RATING: G
CONTENT WARNINGS: male/female relationship; Well, it's not to positive about Martouf. Nothing serious, but...
SUMMARY: Sam's pregnant. Jack helps here out.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Too bad, nothing belongs to me. Even if I wanted to. Everything belongs to: MGM, Double Secret, ShowTime and Gekko. I'm just playing with them. I don't make any money out of this so..
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This story is haunting me, or shall I say my imagination, for quite a while. This is actually a part one. The real story would be too long. So I cut it in pieces. Enjoy!

Sam

I wake up, I feel happy. It's been a year or so, that I've been 'dating' Martouf. Hey, we even live together. That is, here on earth. Martouf is on a mission right now, so that means I've got the house all by myself. Not that I actually can do something home, I have to go to the SGC. I stretch. Great, I've got pain in the stomach. Just great. It's going to be just.........I NEED A BUCKET!!!!!! After I threw my last nights dinner in the toilet I go to the SGC. I don't feel very well, but it have too. Everybody greets me, like usual. But the I come to the people I know. Jack, Daniel, Teal'c and Janet are in one room. "Well, hello Carter" Jack greets me. He looks at me and his eyes look concerned. "You ok?" He asks. "Yeah, I am." I reply. Why would I not be. I look at the others. They all look very concerned. "I'm ok you guys. Don't be concerned about me. I'm just fine" Then I faint. Sure, now they're not going to be concerned. Way the go Sam!

I wake up and see the smile on Jack's face. "Ah, there you are, Sam. What about that 'I'm just fine' part?" Janet walks in. "Uh, Colonel? May I have a moment alone with Major Carter?" She asks. Why? I mean what's wrong? The Colonel steps out of the room. "What's up Janet?" I ask. "Well Sam, I've been doing some test and...." Yeah so, what's the problem. What is wrong. "You're pregnant Sam." Holy Hannah! I'm what?? "Whoa..." is all I can say right now. Janet dismissed me, so I can go tell the others. No wait, the first one to know is Martouf. He'll be back about an hour or so. Well, that was the last time I looked at my watch and that was..... before I fainted. Oh lord, he's coming home right now! I'm so exited!! I can hear the gate dial. I rush to the gate room and see Martouf walking down the ramp. He smiles. I go to him. "Honey" I say "I have to tell you something..."

Jack

Well, everything's going great, Marty is back. Although he's with Sam I don't like him. Ok, I try to act like I like him, as Sam asked me to. Well, that's life. You can't have everything. I mean, if you could Sam would be in my quarters when I open my door right now... "Whoa...Sam. I didn't see you" Ah, well. maybe you can have everything. She looks up at me and I can see the tears rolling down her cheeks. "Hey, what's wrong?" I ask. Meanwhile I was sitting next to her. She sniffs. I can't stand seeing her cry. Makes me wanna cry too. Oh for crying out loud, Jack don't get all sappy now. I put my arm around her and she leans against me. "Hey, what's up?" I ask again. She takes a deep breath and then she starts to tell. "Jack, I'm pregnant of Martouf." Whoa.....shock!

"Congratulations, I guess. But why are you crying then?" She looks at me and says "He don't want to know anything about it." The ass, the jerk, the slime ball, the... I could kill him for doing this to Sam. "What?" That's all I can say right now. C'mon Jack, do something. I hold her closer. "I'm so sorry Sam. If there's anything I can do for you, just say the word." "I don't know what to do Jack." Okay now Jack. Say something useful. "Hey, you know what?" I ask her. O yeah, this is going to be one of those brilliant moment of mine. "I'll be there for you. That is, doing all that father stuff." She looks at me surprised. I'm not finished. "You know, going with you to pregnancy-gym, finding names for the baby, you know?" She smiles, you are so brilliant Jack. "That is if you want me too" I add. "Thank you Jack" is her reply "And yes, I'd love to do that stuff with you" I know, sometimes I'm the sweetest guy alive. So, I will keep my promise but first I have to do something. I stand up. "What are you going to do?" Sam asks. "If you want to know the truth, I'm going to kill the daddy." I reply. I'm really surprised when she says "Leave something for me, will ya?" And than she just lay down on my bed and closes her eyes. I smile, she's just one of a kind. My kind. Now, snake-head, where are you?

Sam

Just like I thought, the jerk is leaving me and is going back to the Tok'ra planet. The jerk. I going to rip his heart out of his chest and cut it in to little pieces and feed it to the sharks. Thank God is Jack here to stop me for doing that. He's so sweet. I mean he is not even the father of the baby. Since the day I heard that Martouf was leaving I had sleeping problems. Jack would sit by my side since then. It was real cute. One night he started to talk to my belly. For the baby to recognize his voice he says. Yeah right, I didn't even show that I was pregnant. But it was sweet anyway. He's really careful. Like I shouldn't drive after 10 o'clock, no loud noises for me, that means no Ferreti and no more alcohol. He's real fatherly. Like he promised he took me to the gym a few weeks later. He was actually having a good time. Well, so he said but I could see the joy in his eyes. He's got his own room in my house right now. He can stay there when he feels to concerned to leave me alone. I can walk on my own feet you know. But then again I feel happy to have him here, I feel safe. The gossips are going through the base that Jack and I are.. you know, a couple. I wish... uh, I mean I like him very much. He's my best friend and I...love him. No he's my C.O. I can't love him. But he is so sweet and cute and...Colonel. He's Colonel O'Neill, my C.O. That's it.

Well Sam, too much thinking for you. Now go to sleep. I feel cramps. It's normal it would be over about a minute....Ok, now * that* hurts. "Jack!!!!" He enters the room, his eyes full with sleep. "What's up? Do I need to call a doctor?" He asks. "Well, that might be handy.. call Janet...NOW!!!" Whoa.. this is not good. I hear Jack talking to Janet. He comes back. I cry from pain. "Something is not good here Jack" I say, trying to break the silence. Well silence, I was screaming of pain here. He look concerned and confused. I guess Sara didn't had this when she was pregnant. He holds me close. "Doc, is on her way Sam" He says. "Hold on just a minute" I hear the doorbell ring. Jack's going to open the door. Janet enters the room. After a few test she says "Sam, I'm afraid I have to take you to the surgery." "What? What's wrong Janet?" I ask. "I don't know, but it's not real positive" "Jack?" I ask. "You don't have to come with me Jack. Just get some sleep." Although I said that I wish he stays with me. "No way Sam, I'm going with you and I stay with you. That's final." All I can do is smile, talking hurts too much.

Jack

That night was horrible. I was scared to death. Could she loose the baby? Is Sam in danger? But thank God nothing was wrong. She could go home after staying two nights at the surgery. Of course I was beside her. How couldn't I be. I mean, I love her. And I want to cherish every moment with her.

But that night was let's say, 7 months ago? Yes, that's right, one of these days Sam could have her baby. Marty left to the Tok'ra planet and never came back. I hope he's dead. Sam isn't going to travel with the rest of our team anymore. But, hey, who can blame her. So I asked General Hammond for permission to stay with her on earth. Good ol' General Hammond knowing, I knew I could stay with her. I was just going to tell Sam the news. I knock on here door "Hey, Sam guess what? I can stay here with you!" She smiles at me and hugs me. Man, I love that feeling. I wish I could hold her in my arms forever. "Thanks Jack" She says. She looks me in the eye and asks. "Jack, do you think I look beautiful.? Because I feel fat and everybody at the base think so too." I can't help but laugh. "No, of course not. You look even prettier right now." I answer. Well, that has done her good. She smiles at me. "Good boy, now would you please get me some food. I don't care what, as long it's junk food" I nod, I could get some junk food. "But Jack, no burgers or fries, no Chinese, no pizza and no pasta or something" she adds. "Uh, Sam? If it's no burgers or fries, no Chinese, no pizza and no pasta or something than it wouldn't be junk food anymore.." Woh oh...that's no good Jack, you made her cry. You know that pregnant are more emotional. "Oh sorry Sam, honey. I didn't mean it that way" I apologize. Did I just say Honey? Well, she didn't seem to mind it, and I feel comfortable with it, so why not? I hold her close. "I'm so sorry" I repeat again. "It's ok Jack, I'm the one who should apologize" She says "I mean you have done so much for me and I...." She falls my arms. "Jack, it's time" she says. "What?" Is my reaction. "Well, we have to go to the Doc." Well, that was intelligent. So we rush out of the room. Coming in to the surgery everything's prepared. "Okay now Sam, you aren't ready yet." Janet says. "But the baby will come about a couple of hours." Than it strikes me. "Sam? Can I be excused for one second?" I see the pain on her face. "I'll be right back, I promise." I kiss her on her forehead. I walk out.

Sam

He what? Be excused? Nine months he's by my side and when it comes to having the baby he walks out !! Hello, I'm in pain here? Oh wait he comes back. Good for him, otherwise I was going to make his life a hell. He's holding something. "Hey honey" He calls me honey, well he did it before... I like it. Him calling me honey. He gives me a rose. "For you" He's holding another one. "This one is for the baby". I smile, it's so sweet. "You know" I say "We didn't make up name yet, for the baby" He smiles "Just get the baby right now and we'll think about it, ok?" I nod. Oh yeah, there's another one. Janet rushes in. "Ok now Sam, I guess it's time you start to push" The time after she said that was a hell.

Jack

Oh my God! She's really going to have a baby right now. She starts to push. I can see the pain on her face. I take her hand. Not a good idea 'cause she squeezing it real hard. But hey, who is the one in pain here. "You can do it Sam" I whisper. It takes an hour before Janet gets a worried look on her face. "Sam, one more push" "I can't" Sam says, she looks real tired. "You have too" Orders Janet "Or you are definitely going to loose the baby." Definitely?? That means that what? It's not healthy. What? "I can't, I'm too tired" Sam shouts. I cup her face with my hands and let my forehead lean against hers. "Sam, you have too. I know you are tired, but please do it for the baby......do it for me..... I love you Sam" Well, that's said. It seemed to work. She starts pushing again. the baby is out. She starts to cry from happiness. Hack, * I* start too cry from happiness. Janet takes the baby away and five minutes later she comes back again. "The baby's heart isn't functioning like is has too." I understand she doesn't have to say more. She hands the baby over to Sam. "How long do you give....him" I asks. It's a little boy. "No more than an hour." She walks away. I look at Sam. She cries again but this time not of happiness. I go to her and sit next her. "Hey, there little one" is all I can say right now. Sam looks up at me "Jack" She says "I know the perfect name for him. Jack" I smile at her. She continues "Named after the man I love and who is my best friend also" I look into her eyes "Jack Carter" I say "Nice name. I like it" She shakes her head. I look surprised. "Not Jack Carter, it's Jack O'Neill junior" I start to cry. It's like * my* son is dying here. I lean forwards and kiss her gently. "I'm honored" I say. "I wanted you to be the dad instead of Martouf, Jack" I'm crying even harder now. I hold her, we're enjoying that one the moment of being a family, we cherish the moment with our son.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Mac