Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

This World

by Mac
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
This world

This world

by Mac

TITLE: This world
AUTHOR: Mac
EMAIL: marcellawidya@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Angst, Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: none
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: little sad..
SUMMARY: Jack's old high-school teacher died
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This fic is written about how I feel. My high-school teacher, which I had last year, had past away some days ago and I didn't know how to feel so...

O yeah, the song ' This world' is not mine either (I guess you've figured that out..) but I really don't know who's it is.. so, if it's yours, sorry, I just used it.

Thanx to everyone who've helped me.

PS: Sorry if it is a little bit sappy...

FEEDBACK: Yeah, I really could use some.. * hint, hint*

Jack opened the envelope that was lying on his desk. It cam from his old high-school. He took the letter that was inside and started to read.

- Where on earth could the Colonel be?- asked Sam herself while she was strolling the hallways to look for Jack.

-He was never late for the debriefing so why is he now?-

That's right, SG-1 had a debriefing about they're new mission and Jack didn't show up, so the General, who knew what was in the letter, decided to cancel the mission. That was quite odd, the General never cancelled a mission when someone didn't show up. That action had made Sam worried.

-What if he doesn't like to work on the SGC anymore? And maybe leave the base or leave....me?? Oh stop it Sam, he just didn't show up. That doesn't have to mean that he's going to leave...right?-

Sam went to Jack's quarter in the hope she'd find him in there. Yep, she was right. There he was sitting on his bed, staring at his hands.

"Sir? Can I come in?"

Jack didn't look up so Sam decided she could come in. He looked awful. His eyes were all red and it looked like he didn't sleep last night.

Sam came to Jack and seated next to him. He was holding an envelope. Was that it? -He had some bad news I guess..-

Jack started to speak.

"I know I missed the debriefing this morning. Sorry for that one"

Sam wanted to say something but before she could he started to speak again.

"You probably came here to ask me why" he took a deep breath and continued,

"I don't know what to say, it's all stupid actually. This came yesterday by mail."

He handed the letter over to Sam. She opened it and started to read.

Mr. Jonathan O'Neill,

We're sorry to tell you that, John R. Matthews, the former teacher of Gallaway High has faced his mortality.

He went to heaven Monday the 2nd of October.

We wish his friends and family strength to go on in this hard period.

The funeral will be on Sunday the 8th of October. We hope you could be there.

Yours sincerely,

S.S. Roth ,

Principle Gallaway High.

-Who would've known, the mighty Colonel sad because of a high-school teacher. Well, he should be special-

"You do know Jack, that you can always talk to me, right?" Sam couldn't bear the sight of him half crying.

"I know Sam. But I just don't know what to feel. I mean, he was just a teacher but in the other hand it feels like I've known him for years... which I actually have but... I don't know"

Jack wiped the tears out of his eyes, but Sam could see he was crying.

The ever so cool and untouchable Colonel was actually crying....

-Oh my.... what am I supposed to do??- Sam thought.

She decided to put her own thoughts away and try to comfort him as well a she could.

She put her arm around him. He didn't mind, he liked it. He let his head lean on her shoulder and he let it all out.

"It's okay Jack. It's normal, just let it all out."

They sat like that for a couple of hours. Finally Jack raised his head and looked in to the blue eyes of Sam.

"Thanks... for everything. And I mean everything"

Sam didn't know what to say, heck, she didn't even know what he meant with 'everything'.

"'It's okay..."

"Sam? Do you want to go with me to that funeral. I don't know if I could go when I'm alone. I mean...."

Sam smiled. He was real cute when he didn't know what to say.

"Yeah, sure. I'll go with you."

Jack looked her in the eyes and smiled. It was not a big smile, but is was big enough for Sam to know how much he appreciated it.

Jack searched for something in his pocket. He took a piece of paper out of it.

"When I couldn't sleep last night, I decided to distract my mind. I found myself writing this. It was a song that they've played at his funeral."

Sam didn't have to ask who 'he' was. She smiled and took the paper.

And put it in her pocket.

"Thanks, again Sam. I'll let you know when I'm going to pick you, time, place and stuff..."

"Sure, no problem"

Jack stood up and walked out of the locker-room. Sam was getting curious about what was in the 'letter' he just gave her. She opened it and started to read.

This world is your world
This world is my world
No man should ever stand alone
This world is your world
This world is my world
No man should ever stand alone
Never alone

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Mac