Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Immortal Beloved

by Mac
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Immortal Beloved

Immortal Beloved

by Mac

TITLE: Immortal Beloved
AUTHOR: Mac
EMAIL: marcellawidya@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: SJ-Romance
SPOILERS: None
SEASON / SEQUEL: None
RATING: G
CONTENT WARNINGS: male/female relationship. Has got little bit of 'Highlander' stuff in it. And if you really like Hugh McDonald...don't take this personal.
SUMMARY: Sg-1 finds a immortal girl
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Too bad, nothing belongs to me. Everything belongs to: MGM, Double Secret, ShowTime and Gekko. I'm playing with them. Hack, I don't even own the title!! The title is from a very moving movie called 'Immortal Beloved'
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Like you might noticed I've got an obsession with immortals. So in this piece of fic some Highlander thingies might appear. The names Alec and Hugh are the bassists (Alec John Such and Hugh McDonald) of Bon Jovi. Nothing personal Hugh, but I like Alec better (Alec come back!!!!)

Jack

"Oh Great" was my first reaction when I stepped out of the Stargate. "Ladies and gentleman, if you look on to your right you see....grass. And if you look onto your left you see...more grass. Oh yeah... welcome to PX3-563 the promised planet." I heard Daniel shout my name.. great he found another rock. I looked at Carter, as if she could read my mind she said "Well sir, he's an archeologist." A huge grin appears on her face, I grin back. "Yes Danny, I'm coming" So I headed to Daniel.

When I arrive it seems it weren't rocks he discovered. A girl was lying on the grass, talking to Daniel. "Hey" The girl saw me standing. "Hi " I said back. Daniel started to talk to me. As usual, I wasn't paying attention. I looked at the girl, she looked if she was from earth, including here clothing. How old would she be? Her eyes turned up to me. "Earth to the dude who's standing in front of me.." I couldn't resist smiling. I notice a huge grin on here face. "Hi, what's your name?" I ask her. "Who's asking" I get in reply. She looks at me with a firmly grin. "Colonel?" I hear Carter saying. It looks like she's been running. I turn around a bit confused of the answer I got from the girl..

"Ah, the colonel is asking..." I hear the kid say. I ignore her and turn to Carter and see that she isn't alone. "Ah, hey there you are. I was getting worried you left without me" the man says, clearly addressed to the kid. "That thought had crossed my mind.." she says in reply. "Hi" she turns to Carter, "How are you doing?" Carter looks up, she's surprised I can tell. Trust me, I've 'studied' her many times. Before Carter can answer the girl answers for her. "By the look, I guess you're doing all fine." She throws her hands in the air when she sees the look on Carter's face. "Correct me if I'm wrong" she says in defends.

The she turns up to me. "Well, colonel. Hi, call me Angelus"

Sam

Angelus uh? Before I can say anything I see her watching around like she's looking for something. The man does the same. "We gotta go" is his reaction. She gives him a sharp look. "Why? I can handle him or her." Right then the look on her face changes. "You're right" She turns to Daniel. "Which planet did you dudes came from?" Before Daniel can answer she says, "Alright, we're going with you guys. Thank you. Dial out..... hurry" I look confused to the Colonel. He nods even more surprised looking then I am. I hear a noise coming from behind me. "Alec!!" I hear Angelus shout. Alec turns around and says, "We'll cover your back. Just wait for us at the other side. Promise?" Teal'c nods. The man, Angelus called Alec, runs to the kid. Before stepping through the gate I look over my shoulder. The two who said they would cover our back pulled both a sword. I step through the gate.

Once at the other side I turn around to see if Angelus and Alec are here already. "What happened" I can hear the General say. I look over to my team mates. They're also concentrating on the gate, waiting for others to come. Finally they're here. Blood's spluttered all over them. Alec is leaning on Angelus. He's badly hurt.

Angelus

"Ok, now Alec... come on." I say to him as I notice he's heavily leaning on me. He looks at me, and for the first time I see pain in his eyes. Sure, I've seen sadness and stuff in his eyes but never pain this bad. "Uhmm.... medical team...." I whisper. Still looking in his eyes. At that moment his lips move. "No...you do it, now" He adds when he sees me shake no. The medical team is rushing in. "No, he says, please Angel do it" He drops to his knees as I pull my sword. I'm still doubting. I can't, but I have to. "You're the one, you'll make it. I can tell. Now, do it." "No", I say, "I can't" "You have too, I can't make it alone, you can't make it alone. Both we can." I look around and I can see the surprised faces. "Angel, you will always be my best friend and more. I lived to see you become the one and only. You ARE the one. Do it now, you can do it." he says. I close my eyes and whisper "I'm sorry" Then I rise my sword and in one quick move I behead him. At that moment there's wind and flashes of light. I'm used to it though. I drop on my knees next to the Alec's body "I'm so sorry, please forgive me" I stand up to face the rest. There's a big question mark on their faces. I shake my head when I see the security people coming towards me. After sitting in a holding-cell for a couple of hours the door opens. Jack and Sam are walking in. "Hey, how are you doing?" Jack asks. "Well, for someone who just killed her best friend...I'm doing just fine." "Ah.." I get in reply. Sam is walking towards me. "We need to talk about the whole Stargate thing." "I know" I answer "It's all top secret and all of the people who know about it without permission I have to shoot. But why?" The answer I get is perfectly told by Jack and perfectly filled in by Sam. It really surprises me how perfect those two work together. So perfect that all I can say is "And how long have you two been married?" They look at each other and smile. Those two are perfect for each other. "We're not." Then I get a whole speech why they can't be married, even if they wanted it. I'm not really interested. So they notice. To change the subject Jack asks why we had too leave that planet and why I've killed Alec, besides it was my best friend. And so he always be. Before I'm going to answer those question, I take a deep breath. "Well, first of all, I need to tell you this first. Ever heard of 'immortals'? Well, they're not just only immortal, they have to challenge each other and fight to the death. The winner takes the rival's head and with it his powers. At the end only one may survive." I sigh. "Alec was an immortal. He trained me. So that means I'm one too. We survived many years. The reason we had to leave that planet was because of.." I take a pause to look if they're still following my story. They do, even Jack. "An other immortal called Hugh was there too. He's the most powerful, well almost Alec and I were the only ones he actually couldn't beat. But we can't be him either. So we * had* to run." "But why did you have too kill Alec. I mean he's immortal too, right?" Sam asks. "Yes, he was but Hugh took his one arm and leg. Alec knew that he couldn't kill Hugh in that condition." I was finished, so I thought. But no, more questions coming up. "What did he mean with his last words?" Jack asks. I didn't want to answer that question but I've got no choice. "Like I said, the winner takes the other's powers. So, if I got Alec's powers, it would mean that I'm as powerful as Alec and me together. That means that now I * can* beat Hugh." It's silent in the cell. Jack opens his mouth but all he can say is "Sweet".

Sam

Whoa, immortals... pretty rough life you've got there kid. She must feel like hell right now. I feel a hand on my shoulder, Jack's whispering something in my ear. She wants to have a time alone with the Colonel. Ok, I live can with that. so I step out of the room. What does she have to say to him? Ok, I felt a sort of 'tension' between them, but hey, that wouldn't have to say a thing. Still, I'm getting curious. I hear a laugh. The door opens. "Come on, Carter. Let's go do something fun" I hear the Colonel say. "Sir?" is my reply. Suddenly he changes, from soldier to human. "Let's go have some fun Sam. Just the three of us." He winks to Angel. What are they up to? We step into the elevator. The two have a huge grin on their faces. That's it. "Alright Jack" I said it before I noticed it. "Yes Sam? Something wrong?" Oh, that shit-eating grin is appearing again. "What are you up to? I know this isn't Angel's plan...I can tell." He looks surprised. "Nothing..." I get angry at him right now. Why, I don't know, I just feel like it. "Fine" I shout. They look really surprised now. I turn around. Soon as the elevator opens I rush out. Leaving the two confused behind. Why am I acting so childish? I couldn't possible be jealous about Angelus right? She's just a kid. I hear footsteps behind me. I open my mouth and before I realize I begin to talk. "No, I don't want to talk about it, Jack" He lets his chin rest on my shoulder. I get a warm feeling from that action. "Not even to me?" he asks. I turn around to look into is eyes. He's concerned. "I don't know, Jack. I just feel so.." Oh my god, I start to cry. Stop it, stop it before he.. "C'mere" There you've got it. He feels bad too. I can't stop myself from crying and I walk in to his arms. Gently he rocks me and touches my hair. "It's ok, Sam. Everybody's got a bad mood once in a while." He pauses and looks in to my eyes. "Even Teal'c" This wasn't funny meant but I can't help but laugh. At first he looks surprised on my reaction but after a second he laughs with me. We start walking to the car. Angel is waiting for us. She looks at us and asks "And why again weren't you two married?" We both laugh hysterically. I want to answer but before I even can say a word she waves her hand "Never mind, just get married you two.... and fast!!!" she adds.

Jack

We had a great time since Sam's 'mood' disappeared. Kinda strange to see her, a professional soldier, cry just like that. It felt good to hold her in my arms though. Angel and I knew that Sam just needed some fun. Just something that had everything BUT something to do with the SGC. Fun. We're sitting in a the car on our way home. Angel is in the backseat listening to her disc-man. I can't help wondering why she wants us to get Sam and I married so badly. I look aside to Sam, would she know? Sam's holding a big fluffy pink rabbit I won her. "Sam, did you had some fun today?" I couldn't stop wondering since the beginning of our fun-day. She looks at me with that smile I learned to warship. "Yes I had." Good, I think. "Very much so" she adds. Even better. "Jack? Thanks for the bunny." "You're welcome...." When we arrive at the base, we all go to our quarters. Hey, it's late we do need some rest you know. I had a great time. We were just like a family. For one evening I felt like I was alive. No Sara, no Charlie necessary. Just Angel and Sam. Sam, get married.. to me.... stop it Jack-o-buddy, she's your Major. It's so hard to say goodbye to this evening. Man, I want this evening to be like forever. Ok, now just say your goodnights, turn around go to your quarters and don't look back. Ok, here it goes. "Well, I guess I better go to bed. Goodnight all....and I had the time of my life." That wasn't so bad right? "Sure, me too. Goodnight." says Angel. It surprises me when Sam just turned around, saying nothing and walked away. Should I go after her? Nah, she's probably just tired. I walk to my quarters and open the door. Sam is sitting on my bed. She doesn't notice me. "Well, you walk quite fast you know that?" I say, before I saw her tears.

I walk to her and go sit next to her. I notice her holding a letter. "What's wrong Sam?" I ask. She looks at me and then to the ground. It looks like she doubting. "You don't have to tell, you know" I tell her, not wanting to force her. She looks at me and says "No, I want to tell you this, it's just that...." "You can tell me Sam. You know that do you?" "Yes, Jack I know. But I don't know how to tell it."

Sam

"Try it.." He looks at me with those dark brown eyes full of concern. I give him the letter. He looks confused but he opens it and starts to read it. I hope he understands my feelings. I mean he knows how it feels to lose someone you love. Ok, it's not my son or something I've lost. But my brother and his family are my life. A tragically accident. You know, the usual stuff, slippery road, drove to fast. He finished reading the letter. "I'm so sorry Sam" He says and he means it, I can tell from the look in his eyes. Holy Hannah, it looks like he could cry too. I want to comfort him. I put my head on his shoulder. He puts his arm around me. I try not to cry again. But it's hard not to when someone holds you close and says it's ok to let it out. I sit like this forever, in his arms. He talks to me. "You know, tonight was the best night I ever had. It felt like I had a family once more. Thanks for that Sam." I nod. I guess this one of those moment you have to shut up and listen. He continues "Since Charlie died and Sara left me..... you are the first one I really love..." Holy Hannah!!!!!! He loves me..... I want to scream, jump up and down. "I wonder if Angel meant that we belong together Jack" I say instead. He turns around and looks in me eyes. I smile at him, he's so sweet. He kisses me. When the kiss ends we hold each other the whole night. Nothing happens, we just hold each other. I need to say one more thing "Jack, what did you and Angel talked about in her room?" "She said that every immortal had a so called 'immortal beloved'. That didn't have to be lover, it could be a mother, brother or in her case, best friend, it's a sort of guardian angel. She also said that we belong together and that I had to hurry to say to you how I felt. Because, even if you are immortal, you have too cherish every minute of love that you have." He answers, and the he adds "I love you. I love you so much, you know, if I was immortal, instead of Angel, you would be my immortal beloved" I swear I could hear Angel shout through the wall

"No, of course you two can't marry each other...."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Mac