Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Stupid Thing Went Bad, The

by Zips Jones
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Stupid thing went bad

The Stupid thing went bad

by Zips Jones

TITLE: The Stupid thing went bad.
AUTHOR: Zips Jones
EMAIL: zips@telstra.easymail.com.au
STATUS: complete
CATEGORY: S&J established relationship. Complete nonsense. m/f
SPOILERS: none. Well you have to know who Cassandra is.
SEASON: 2,3 or 4. Doesn't matter.
RATING: PG.
CONTENT WARNINGS: nothing bad, just the word hell a few times.
SUMMARY: Sam and Jack get a shock from a gift gone awry.
NOTES: This is my first ever -published- Sam and Jack FanFic. Thanks to mum and Little Sis for the encouragement. Feedback would be great, but I understand if you don't have time.
DISCLAIMER.- Well, the usual... I do not, nor shall ever own stargate sg-1, It's characters, themes or the such. I do however own this story... It is MINE! By doing this I do not intend to breach any copy right thingies, but if I do, I am soooo sorry. Oh and If you copy this and try to say it's your's, I'll kick your butt!

The Stupid thing went bad.

The house was dark as he opened the door, and his eyes took a few seconds to adjust to the lack of light. After locking the door he made his way through the house and towards the living room where he could see the blue luminescence of the TV.

"Sam" he called softly. no answer. "Sam, you home?" he stumbled around for a few minuets looking in doors and out windows.

*where is she?* he thought *I thought she said she would be staying home tonight after Janet and Cassie left?*

After he spent a few more moments internally panicking he saw her lift up off of the couch, obviously just waking up, but remaining sitting.

"Oh Jack! Thank god you're home!" Sam was completely flustered! *Oh my God! Sam*

"WHY? What's happened? Are you OK? What's wrong. Are you hurt? What is it!!??" Jack was rambling and panting, a look of pure shock covering his paling face as he ran over to Sam.

Sam too was panting and looking rather ashen.

"No Jack I'm OK. I'm not hurt, but well um you see, Ohh it's so horrible. I've been waiting so long for you to get home... Cassie and Janet left and I couldn't.... and well, um and Oh, errr" Sam was very worked up. Very much unlike herself.

Jack was nearly having a heart attack. *what the hell happened to her? If any one hurt her so help me god I'll....* he could see she was struggling to get the words out, so her put his arms around her and held her tightly to him. He knew it must have been bad when she did not return the hug.

"shhhh. It's OK Sam, I'm here now. Calm down.... What happened, what's wrong."

Sam started shaking, obviously trying to hold back the tears as he rubbed her back supportively.

"Well, um. Janet bought Cassandra over and we had dinner and well, Cassie had gotten me this present... " gulp gulp sniff "...so after they left I started to play with it...."

*A present from Cassandra? She did this to my Sammie! No she couldn't have! That's impossible!*

"You were playing with the present..." Jack was busting on the inside, trying to figure out just what the hell had happened and what he could do to fix it, he hated to see her like this.

"...I was playing with the present, and then well it back fired, and now I'm, I'm..." At this point Sam could no longer hold back the tears, her eyes started to pour salty water that was quickly absorbed by Jack's shirt.

Pulling back, but still holding onto her shoulders, Jack looked into her cloudy eyes.

"What Sam? What happened?" Jack was beside himself. Sam continued to splutter and sob.

Jacks mind was running away with itself.

Sam was still unable to vocalise thoughts, so he attempted for her.

"It opened a portal to another reality, it blew up our bedroom, it, it, it sent out a ray beam into outer space that hit an Asguard ship, blowing it to smithereens and now we are expecting a full on assault on earth?.... WHAT?" *Oh hell please don't let me be right!.... especially about the bedroom one. Bad Jack, bad Jack *

Sam calmed down quite a bit at hearing Jacks ridiculous scenarios.

"No" she started. "Nothing like that."

"Then what Sam, what did it do?"

"This." Sam said simply as she held her hands up so that Jack could see them clearly.

Jack all but exploded with laughter at what he saw...

"THAT? That is what it did?" *THAT'S IT???*

Sam stoped crying then, in an instant her face changed. She became almost angry, not quite, but near enough to warn Jack to back up a bit.

"Sam." Jack started hesitantly, nudging her head so their eyes met. "Sam, you are the single smartest person I know. You can get you're self and any body else out of any problem imaginable, and yet you're stuck with this!?" *This is so funny! She must feel awful. Poor little thing*

Sam felt stupid. Jack was right. It was such a stupid thing, but she just couldn't bend her brain around to figuring a solution.

"Yes Jack." Her voice was calm and even, although Jack could sense the pain and twinge of anger in it. "I have been sitting here, for two and a half hours, Trying every single thing that I can think of to try and fix this... but I can't. So If you are able to fix it, why don't you just hurry the hell up and undo it already! We can go over how much of a moron I am later!"

With that Sam thrust her hands forward pushing them into Jacks chest rather forcefully.

"Ok Ok." He was grinning very stupidly now. "Give me you're hands and stay still."

With an annoyed pout Sam did as she was told and Jack began his work.

Placing his thumb and index finger either side of the contraption, he gently squeezed the ruffled paper and pulled it down, effectively releasing Sam's fingers. *hehehehehe. I am so smart. I am so smart!!*

They sat back then. Sam was staring at her now free hands wiggling them about with relish , while Jack's gaze was firmly locked on the now harmless toy, a simple Chinese finger trap. *I can't believe she couldn't figure this thing out!*

After a few minuets, Sam flung herself upon Jack. He braced himself half excepting her to bash him up for teasing her, but instead he was treated to a rib crushing hug, all her anger having subsided.

"Oh Jack thank you so much. Oh I love you. You saved me. I thought I would never use my pointy fingers again, Oh Jack my hero..." Sam continued ranting thank yous. But Jack wasn't really listening. Not that he was ignoring her, it was just that he was overwhelmed with happiness to have Sam squeezing him, and see her smile again, that her words just sort of melted together in to one happy cry.

The End.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Zips
zips@telstra.easymail.com.au

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Zips Jones