Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Star Named Sam, A

by Tanwen
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A Star Named Sam

A Star Named Sam

by Tanwen

Summary: Same roof, different girl, his girl
Category: Humor, Romance, Series
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: PG
Warnings: language
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 07/15/03

This is the 9th part of the Jack and Jen series after; All the fun of the fair; Waterworks; Red sky in the morning, barn's on fire; On my way home; On a clear night you can see forever; Booze and Barbeques; Have yourself a merry little Christmas; On the car, Under stars

A Star Named Sam

"Why are we up here when it's so cold?" "Because I come up here every night, and if your going to be a part of my life, which I really want you to be Sam, I think you ought to share in my strange little quirks" "Alright then, but next time we bring a blanket... It is pretty though" "You get a better view from the lake outside my cabin. I'm going to take you there, even if I have to abduct you"
"No need to anything so drastic, I'll come with you! I'll come with you! I want to see this cabin of yours. I've heard great things" "The real thing is so much better. I can introduce you to the wonders of fishing." "Well, the plan I had in mind didn't leave much time for fishing" "What do you mea... Did I ever tell you I love you?" "Yes you did, many times... Jack?"
"Hmm?"
"You know you're always saying how bored you are" "Yes. Out of my skull."
"Then why don't you come back? You said you would that day at the fair, so why don't you? I know, I know, but I have to ask you, and I promise I won't ask you again."
"I... I... I'm... well I'm broken, basically. Janet's been pushing back the regs for years, but she couldn't anymore. It's not one big thing, but all the small things. I wouldn't be able to go into the field anymore without putting you at risk. She had to retire me from active service, and I retired fully because I knew I wouldn't be able to stand it."
"Oh Jack, why didn't you tell me?"
"I don't know. Guess it was just too hard say. I didn't mean to lie to you either, it just sort of... happened."
"It's okay honey, I know. I'd probably have done the same thing. Who else knows?" "Just Janet and General Hammond...oh and you. How many of those do you recon we've been to?"
"How many of those stars you mean. Well, none of them." "Pardon"
"Well, they're stars. We don't go to stars, we go to planets. If we went to stars we'd be a tad crispier."
"...I love it when you talk dirty! Hey there's a jacket up here. Jen must've left it behind."
"Thanks. How's she doing anyway? I met her in Washington you know?" "Really? She never said anything."
"Yeah, it was when she told me you loved me." "Oh, was it then you succumbed to my charms at last?" "No! You had to get me VERY drunk before I did that! Actually on the way home I decided I was just going to ignore it." "Oh, my undying love means that much to you huh?" "Shut up Jack! It all worked out in the end didn't it?" "Yes, THAT it did! ...You see that star right there? The just to the right of that treetop. That is the first star I ever learned the name of." "What is it?"
"I have no idea. But from now on it's going to be your star. The Sam Star" "That is so romantic... what have you done with Jack O'Neill?" "I can do romantic... sometimes. You can always remember which one it is because it's the end of the tail of the Great Salmon" "Oh, of course... do you know, this feels really strange" "What, being with me? Get used to it, I don't plan on letting you go anytime soon." "No, not that. For the first time in my life, I don't want to go to work tomorrow morning? Not even when I was with my fianc. Tomorrow, I don't want to go into work! I want to stay at in bed all day, with you obviously. Maybe get up at lunchtime, order a pizza. I just want to spend the entire day doing nothing!" "Well... not nothing I hope."
"Well, I don't mean nothing as in nothing, I mean nothing as in something!" "Is there ever a time in your life you don't strive to confuse me?" "Nope. Never"
"...Why don't you just 'pull a sicky', I believe is the English term." "Hmm..."

"ACHOO! Janet, I really don' thin' I can come in taday. I'm just sa... sa... sACHOOO! bunged up. I'm jus' goin' to stay home." "Are you sure you're all right Sam? I can come over after work if you want me too" "NO! No, no, no. It's fine. I'm jus' a little bunge'd up, tha's all. Don' wan' to give it to you. I'll be fine tomorrow. Jus' need to take a day ou', tha's all" "Okay if your sure...? See you when you feel better, bye" "Bye"
click
"That's odd"
"What is?"
"Hmm, oh hey Daniel. I think Sam just played hooky"

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Tanwen