Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Stranded Part 2

by Squacco
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Stranded Part 2

Stranded Part 2

by squacco

Summary: Stranded and alone, Sam's only way home lies with her AU counterpart.
Category: Alternate Universe, Romance
Episode Related: 306 Point of View, 405 Divide and Conquer, 510 2001, 521 Meridian, 613 Metamorphosis
Season: future Season
Pairing: Jack/Sam
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 05/05/03

It took a couple of hours before the two women were ready to try out the DHD.

"Jack" Samantha called on the radio "We're ready for a test drive."

"Okay, baby. We'll be right with you."

Sam chuckled at Jack's response.

"What?" Samantha asked.

"Oh - it's just so...strange. Your Jack - he's the same - but...different." Sam sighed.

"You're in love - with 'your' Jack aren't you?" Samantha asked.

"No...I don't...okay - yes, if you must know." Sam finally admitted "but we've had a difficult few years - I'm not sure..." her voice trailed away.

"Tell me"

Sam sighed. "Just over two years ago we had a problem at our SGC. A Goa'uld mind control device influenced some of our people. One of the Tok'ra, Anise, had a machine that could tell who was or wasn't affected - it was a type of lie detector. It turned out both Colonel O'Neill and myself were suspected of being these Zaytarcs" Sam shook her head at the memory "Well to cut a long story short - we weren't - but we were forced to admit to lying - not about our mission but about the feelings that we had for each other. Feelings that were wholly inappropriate - that we had to admit to in front of others, almost before we'd even acknowledged them ourselves."

"I see - that must have been very difficult for you."

"It gets worse" Sam said quietly, the anguish plain on her face "It turned out that Martouf was the one under Goa'uld mind control. He tried to assassinate High Counsellor Persus and the President - and then he tried to kill himself." Sam's voice dropped to a whisper "I had to shoot him with a zat - I killed him."

"Oh Sam" Samantha gathered her into a hug "poor you - and poor Martouf."

"Yeah, and what with everything else the 'thing' between the Colonel and I was just too much. I guess we both tried to bury it. The worst thing though was that it kinda destroyed the previous easy-going relationship we'd had. Ever since - well I think we buried the feelings so deep - I'm not sure that the Colonel even cares any more."

"Sam" Samantha hugged her once more "don't give up, please. If you feel even a small part of what I feel for Jack, believe me it'll be worth it. You belong together."

Sam nodded "Yeah, seeing you two together, and so happy - well it's really made me realise what I'm missing."

"You have to talk to him Sam. You can't continue to leave it. Look, I know how you feel - how can I not - so when you get home 'do' something about it."

Sam gave her an agonised look.

"I'll try - but I don't know how."

"Don't know how to what?" Jack asked as he and Jacob joined them.

"Oh nothing" Sam said quickly "so did you find anything of interest Sir?"

"This place is fascinating, we need to set up some arc lights so that we can explore fully."

"Good idea Sir" Sam agreed.

"Actually Sam - I was wondering?"

"Yes Sir?"

Jack held up his hand "Please - it's 'Jack' okay? Are you this bad with your Jack?"

"Yes Sir, I mean - Jack."

"God, it must drive him mad - anyway what I was about to suggest was how about a joint mission? Your SG-1 and ours - we could check the place out together. It shouldn't be a problem as long as we keep the visits short - am I right?"

"Yes Sir, sorry 'Jack' - you are - and it's an amazing idea."

"Then we'll suggest it to your team shall we?"

"You mean - you're coming with me? Through the gate?" Sam asked.

Jack looked at his wife, who nodded eagerly "Yes Jack - let's do it, just for a little while."

"Then it looks like you'll have company Sam" Jack grinned, "If that's alright?"

"It sure is - Jack" Sam grinned back at him "assuming that we've fixed the DHD that is."

"Right, let's give it a try shall we?"

"I'll stay here," Jacob announced "just to keep an eye on things."

"Thanks Dad" his two 'daughters' and his son-in-law said together.

They gathered around the DHD. Sam made a note of the planet's point of origin and then dialled Earth's address. They all breathed a sigh of relief as the wormhole sprang into life with the familiar 'kawoosh'.

"Yes!" cheered Sam. She was going home! She turned and hugged Samantha.

"Thank you 'so' much Samantha and you Jack." she said "and thanks Dad"

Jacob hugged her "Bye Sammie - take care and say 'hi' to your Dad for me."

"Yeah I will."

"Well Jack, you take good care of my girls now - I'll be waiting here for you."

Samantha embraced her father and she and Jack followed Sam to the Gate.

"There's just one thing" Sam said with a worried look "I don't have a GDO, Jonas was carrying it. I just hope that they realise it's me."

"God, I hadn't thought of that" Jack said "but it's what I'd do given the circumstances - so I guess we risk it."

Both Sam and Samantha nodded in agreement. Sam stepped through the horizon, closely followed by Samantha and Jack.

"Incoming wormhole" announced Sergeant Davis "unauthorised off-world activation"

Hammond, O'Neill, Teal'c and Jonas quickly hurried down to the control room.

"Sir there's no IDC" Davis informed Hammond.

"General - Carter wouldn't have a GDO" Jack said urgently.

"Yes Colonel, I'm aware of that." He turned to Davis "Leave the iris."

"Yes Sir. Security teams to the gate room - stat." he announced.

The room quickly filled with armed SF's. The others watched from the control room. Jack was anxiously holding his breath, saying over and over in his head 'please let it be her, please let it be her.' He watched mesmerised as a figure finally emerged onto the ramp.

"Yes!" he shouted, immediately charging out of the room and down to the gate. He didn't therefore see the two companions that Sam had brought with her. Hammond and the others did, however.

"My God" Hammond breathed before hurrying to join Jack downstairs.

"Stand down" Jack ordered the SF's as he entered the gate room. Sam was walking down the ramp when Jack bounded up to her and pulled her into his arms, holding her tight and rocking her slightly.

"You're okay - you're back," he gasped.

Jack and Samantha exchanged a grin.

"Er... Sir" Sam was acutely embarrassed "I'm fine - you can let me go now."

Jack finally stepped back "I was worried" he said, then his voice dropped to a whisper "I missed you"

"Yeah Jack - we can see that"

O'Neill did a double take, literally. "What the...?"

"Sir" Sam said formally "May I introduce Colonel Jack O'Neill and Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter - they helped me get back home."

"What...how...who?"

Samantha chuckled "Poor Jack - don't worry, we'll explain later."

"General Hammond Sir" Sam addressed the General who had joined them.

"Major Carter, good to see you safely back with us."

"Thank you Sir. As you can see I've brought some mutual friends back with me. They're from an alternate universe Sir, Colonel O'Neill and Lt. Colonel Carter. It's very close to this one. They can only stay for a short time."

"Of course Major, let's get you all checked out in the infirmary - then you can tell us all about it."

"Yes Sir, it's a pretty amazing story."

"I'm sure it is Major - we'll de-brief in one hour."

O'Neill insisted on accompanying Sam, Samantha and Jack to the infirmary. He kept looking from one Sam to the other and from them to his 'alternate' self - he still couldn't believe it. This was way weirder than the experience with Dr. Carter all those years ago; these two Carters were identical except, he realised that in some unfathomable way, he still knew which was 'his'. He also knew that that was the way it would 'always' be.

The other Jack caught his eye and grinned then, quite deliberately, took Samantha's hand. She turned to him and smiled; Jack looked on in amazement.

Once in the infirmary the four of them caused quite a stir. Janet Fraiser bustled out of her office to investigate.

"Good God" she breathed, "Do I need my eyes checking?"

Sam laughed. "No Jan, it's not you, let me explain"

"Please do before my brain shuts down in total confusion."

"Okay - I'm Major Sam Carter and this" here she tugged Jack's arm in what Janet thought was definitely a proprietary manner "is 'my' Colonel O'Neill"

Janet nodded and Jack grinned.

"Now this" Sam indicated Samantha " is Lt.Colonel Samantha Carter and this is 'her' Jack O'Neill."

"Alternate realities?"

"Yeah." Sam nodded "Now we both know that they can't stay too long, but the General would like you all to check us out before the de-briefing."

"Of course Major, no problem - as long as you promise to come and tell me all about it later. I must admit I'm relieved to have you back - if only to cure the Colonel of his 'bear with a sore head syndrome'" Janet chuckled and Jack looked shamefaced.

'So' Sam thought 'he really has been missing me' She filed that thought away for later.

"Okay" asked Janet "Who wants to go first?"

"You'd better check out Carter" O'Neill said, "She's obviously got an injury there."

"Oh yeah" Sam agreed, "I busted my collar bone - I was catapulted through the gate a helluva lot faster than normal. But I think it's okay, it was checked out for me in the infirmary at the alternate Area 51."

"Fine but I'd like to make sure. Is there anything else I should know?" Janet regarded her visitors.

"Er yes Janet, there is" Samantha volunteered "I'm pregnant - about ten weeks" She exchanged a smile with her husband while O'Neill just stood open mouthed.

"Pregnant?" he managed to croak, raising his eyebrows at Sam.

She nodded trying unsuccessfully to cover her embarrassment.

"Yes Sir" she said quietly "they're married. In fact this appears to be the only reality where we aren't...you know" she waved her hands about.

"Seems to me that there's an important message in there for you buddy" alternate Jack said with a grin.

Sam looked distinctly uncomfortable and Jack looked sheepish. Janet cleared her throat and diverted attention away from her two friends.

"Okay - Sam you come with me, then I'll check out Colonel Carter and 'her' Colonel O'Neill" she chuckled "goodness, this is becoming 'very' confusing."

Janet drew Sam over to a bed and pulled the curtains, leaving the others in a rather strained silence.

"Jack?" alternate Jack asked.

"Yeah?"

"Can I have a word - in private, while Doc's giving the girls the once-over?"

"Sure - I guess."

Samantha nodded her assent, giving her husband's hand a gentle squeeze.

"You go - I'll be fine."

The two men wandered over to the far end of the infirmary. 'Her' Jack leaned nonchalantly against the wall whilst 'Sam's' perched on the edge of one of the beds. It was certainly strange seeing them together. 'Her' Jack was only distinguishable by his rather more relaxed behaviour. It seemed pretty obvious to Samantha that the O'Neill from 'this' reality was a trifle anxious, she knew Jack well enough by now to be able to recognise the signs. She guessed he was regretting his impetuous behaviour on greeting Sam as she came through the gate; Sam's reaction had indicated that it had been wholly unexpected and out of character.

Samantha would loved to have been a fly on the wall at the moment and wondered how much her husband was telling this Jack about how they'd finally got together.

Dr. Fraiser returned with Sam, interrupting her contemplation.

"Okay, Colonel would you come with me please?"

"Sure Janet" Samantha smiled at her "You know you're just like my Janet, except for the hair. Do you have a Cassie too?"

"Yeah, sure do - she's a terrible teenager - but I love her even when she's driving me wild" The two women laughed and wandered off continuing to compare notes on the different realities.

Sam waited for the two Colonel O'Neills to join her, wondering what it was they were discussing so animatedly. Suddenly the O'Neill leaning against the wall - the 'alternate' Sam thought - walked over and spoke earnestly to 'her' O'Neill, who nodded and shook his counterparts hand. The two men exchanged identical grins and wandered back to join Sam. She couldn't resist asking.

"What was all that about...er, Sirs?"

"Actually" the alternate Jack answered, "I was just giving your Jack here a bit of advice"

"Advice?" Sam queried with a grin - she was beginning to get used to this 'your Jack' business; she decided she definitely liked the sound of it.

"Yeah" said 'her' Jack "about an up-coming mission" he gave her a lop-sided grin but would say no more.

"Oh Sir, that reminds me" Sam said seriously "it seems that our alternate friends haven't come across the Aschen. I meant to pass on a warning about P4C 970 to their General Hammond but, what with everything else, it went out of my head"

"Ah, our old friends the Aschen - yeah we should definitely warn them. I'll mention it to Hammond and he can send through his recommendations to his counterpart."

"Thank you Sir."

It wasn't long before Janet had given everyone a clean bill of health and they were soon seated around the briefing room table with Hammond, Teal'c and Jonas.

"Well I'm sure that I don't have to introduce any of you?" Hammond began.

"Actually Sir - you do." interposed alternate Jack "Our SG-1 consists of myself, Samantha, Teal'c and Daniel Jackson."

"What!" cried Jack "Daniel's still alive?"

"Yes Jack he is " Samantha answered gently.

"There was no mission to Kelowna Sir" Sam explained.

"I see - wow, Daniel alive - fancy that." Jack shook his head. "In that case you won't know our fourth member of the team - Jonas Quinn?"

Samantha and Jack smiled at Jonas "Pleased to meet you Jonas" Jack spoke for both of them.

"Pleased to meet you too Jack, Sam...antha." Jonas said, "I'm from the planet Kelowna," he added.

"You're an alien?" Samantha asked. Jonas nodded.

"I'd love to meet your Daniel Jackson," he said quietly.

"Well actually Jonas you may well get your wish" alternate Jack said.

Hammond looked surprised "Major Carter, perhaps you'd better tell us exactly what's been happening"

"Yes Sir"

They all listened in fascination as Sam described how she found herself stranded in the hall with just a broken DHD and a quantum mirror and her subsequent search for their counterparts.

"We were wondering Sir" she asked her CO "if it might be possible for 'both' SG-1 teams to be involved in the further investigation of the planet that I found myself on. The items in that one room alone would be enough to keep the people out at Area 51 busy for months."

"So we'd be working with ourselves?" Jack asked, "cool."

Sam grinned. "Yes Sir, though we could only manage short periods together, say a few hours each week, to prevent cascade failure."

Samantha looked expectantly at her husband, who shook his head. "Sorry baby, but no." Samantha looked as if she wanted to argue but then sighed.

"Yes love, I guess you're right" She smiled a little ruefully at her alternate "I won't be able to join you Sam. I don't want to risk harming the baby - you do understand?"

"Absolutely" Sam replied.

"Sure" Jack echoed her.

They were both a little relieved, if truth were known; seeing their counterparts familiarity with each other was making them feel a trifle uncomfortable, especially as everyone else seemed to find the whole thing highly entertaining.

Jack turned to the General. "What do you say Sir? Presumably there'd be no problem with sharing any information or technology we discover?"

"I can't think of any Colonel - after all we'd essentially only be collaborating with ourselves. I think we have enough mutual trust to ensure a smooth working relationship."

Jack nodded, looking pleased.

"Okay people" Hammond concluded "I think the first priority is to send 'Jack and Samantha' back to their own reality. Then we can perhaps arrange a visit by your General Hammond and we can thrash out the details."

"That's fine with us Sir" Jack said, receiving a nod of agreement from his wife.

"Very Good. Major Carter will you escort our visitors down to the gate room?"

"Yes Sir"

The General stood. "Excellent - I hope to hear from you soon. Dismissed."

"Thank you General."

In the event both Sam and Jack went to see Jack and Samantha off back through the wormhole. They were given a unique IDC so that they could visit in the future and make the final arrangements for the joint collaboration.

As the gate was dialling up Samantha pulled Sam to one side.

"I'll hope you'll come and visit me from time to time, Sam. I don't think Jack's going to let me travel again until after the baby's born."

"Of course I'll come and visit, you won't be able to keep me away. I'll be a special kind of aunt, after all." Both women smiled at the thought.

"Sam?" Samantha said, "Promise me something?"

"Yes, of course"

"Tell Jack - your Jack - how you feel"

Sam's face flushed. "Samantha I can't - you know I can't"

"Yes you 'can' Sam - you 'must' it's important. Look I'm not suggesting that you jump him - though let me tell you he's the most fantastic.."

"Stop!" Sam said holding up her hands "please"

"Sorry" Grinned Samantha, not looking in the least bit apologetic "but Sam it's important that he knows how you feel and that you know how 'he' feels. Believe me you'll cope with the situation much better if you face up to it instead of hiding it all away. I'd hate you to miss out on what Jack and I have simply because you both stifled your feelings so much that you killed them."

"Okay - I promise I'll try" Sam sighed. The two women embraced, both feeling quite tearful.

"C'mon" Sam said "time to go."

Both Jacks waited at the bottom of the ramp.

"By for now Jack" they exchanged smiles and shook hands.

"Samantha - take care of yourself" Jack hugged her and she kissed his cheek.

"Thank you Jack - I hope you'll come and see me before long"

Sam smiled a little awkwardly at her CO's counterpart. She held out her hand.

"Bye Jack and thanks for all your help. I look forward to working with you again soon."

Jack sighed, took her hand and pulled her into his arms. Much to his counterpart's discomfort, and Sam's surprise, he kissed her tenderly but briefly full on the lips.

"Sometimes you have to make it plain to a guy just what he's missing" he whispered in Sam's ear, before letting her go. She glanced up at her own Jack and flushed a little; he looked rather woebegone.

"Okay, so long buddy - and don't forget that bit of advice I gave you. Act upon it - okay?"

The two Jacks shook hands and Samantha and Sam hugged once more. Sam and Jack waited at the bottom of the ramp until their counterparts stepped thought the wormhole. They then exchanged rather embarrassed smiles before going their separate ways. They both had an awful lot to think about.

Sam went home that night; she was far too unsettled to remain on base. Once home she showered and changed into jogging pants and an old comfy sweat top and set about arranging a couple of hours of complete self indulgence. She had a bottle of white wine cooling in the fridge, a tub of her favourite ice cream and one of her favourite 'chick flicks' to watch on video. That should be enough to take her mind off Jack O'Neill, at least for a couple of hours.

This time, however, it didn't work. She really couldn't fancy the ice cream and the stupid film - she'd chosen 'While You Were Sleeping' - kept reducing her to tears. Though she suspected that that could have something to do with the now, almost empty, bottle of wine. She'd got to the part in the movie where the heroine was due to marry the brother of the guy she really loved; this part 'always' made her cry - even at the best of times - none of her team mates knew she was such a closet romantic. She sniffed and turned off the TV, attempting to still the tears by closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. It was no good - all she could see in her mind's eye was Jack -just as he'd looked when she was trapped behind that wretched force field. Her Jack. Except of course he wasn't hers. She finally gave in to the misery and, burying her head in her hands, let it all out.

A loud hammering on the door brought her to her feet. Who on Earth could it be at this late hour? She desperately swiped at her eyes with her sleeve, there was no way she could hide what a wreck she was looking. The banging was getting more insistent; taking a deep breath she walked across and opened the door.

She might have guessed that it would be absolutely the last person she wanted to see right now.

"Colonel?"

"Hey Carter"

They stood regarding each other in silence for a brief moment. Jack looked almost as surprised as she was to find him standing on her doorstep. She stepped away from the door allowing him to enter and followed him into the living room.

He turned to her, at once taking in her puffy red-rimmed eyes and distraught face. Reaching out a hand he tentatively brushed away a tear that threatened to trickle down her cheek. It was Sam's undoing. She made a strangled sound, somewhere between a gasp and a moan, and turned her back on him. Burying her head in her hands once more she let the tears flow.

"Sam" Jack whispered. He pulled her unresisting form to him, turning her in his arms as she buried her face in his shoulder and wept. Jack held her for a long time; smoothing her hair and rubbing her back, whispering soothing words of comfort until eventually he felt the tension drain out of her. She lifted her head and tried to smile.

"God Sir, I'm 'so' sorry...I didn't mean...what must you think?" She tried to pull away out of his embrace. Jack stepped back a little giving her some space, sliding his hands down her arms to gently grasp her wrists.

"C'mon, let's sit down - we need to talk"

She allowed him to lead her to the couch where she sat, her knees drawn up under her chin, as if she were holding herself together, physically and emotionally. Jack left her briefly, returning moments later with a glass of water.

"Here"

"Thanks" she whispered. She'd regained some of her composure and managed a small, wry smile. "Sorry about that, guess it was probably more than you were expecting when you decided to come here."

He grinned at her. "Actually I don't think I 'did' consciously decide to come here. I just 'found' myself on your doorstep" he gave a little self conscious laugh "Now what does 'that' tell you?"

"That you're feeling just as screwed up as I am I expect" Sam rubbed at her sore and sticky eyes.

"Yeah, you're probably right" Jack nodded "but you've had a tough couple of days; being stranded, alone and injured. Then to cap it all you come face to face with 'yourself' - that's hard."

Sam nodded. "I guess - but d'you know the hardest part?" Jack shook his head.

"Compared with the other 'alternate realities,'" she continued, "I always thought - up 'til now - that 'we' were the lucky ones. Okay - so 'we' weren't together but at least we were both alive and we'd kept Earth free from the Goa'uld."

Jack nodded. "Yeah, I know."

"So it made it kinda easier to bear, you know, believing that our sacrifice of personal happiness was somehow necessary to maintain the status quo."

"Is that what you thought?" Jack was astonished "that if we got together we would somehow doom the planet to Goa'uld occupation?"

Sam nodded. "I guess it sounds incredibly egotistical doesn't it? But the other realities we'd come across seemed to indicate that it was a distinct possibility. A scientist never ignores the evidence, even when it's unpalatable."

"Well yeah, but the other realities didn't have Daniel, or Teal'c for that matter. Perhaps they're the ones that make a crucial difference."

"Yes I know - and having met the latest alternates I agree"

Jack suddenly let out a bark of laughter and got to his feet, pacing the floor.

"What?" Sam asked, a little confused.

"Well, all this time you've had, I suppose, the highest 'moral' reasons for er...avoiding what's been building between us. While I thought it was because you put your career first and wouldn't dream of breaking the regulations,"

Sam actually smiled. "Well I don't want to risk a court martial Sir, but I think I'd be perfectly capable of being discrete about any 'relationship' - if I wanted to, of course."

"Well I'll be...he was right" Jack muttered.

"Who?..who was right?"

"The other Jack - he told me that he and Samantha had both assumed the other wouldn't break the regs. Until one day... he just 'asked' her."

"And she said... yes?"

Jack nodded. "That's what he said to me - just ask her - she'll say...?" he raised his eyebrow.

Sam closed her eyes and clenched her hands in her lap. Jack's heart plummeted to his boots - it seemed their realities weren't so close after all. She was going to say 'no'.

"Yes"

"It's okay..honestly I understand...What? What did you say?"

Sam chuckled. "I said 'yes' - though to be honest I'm not entirely sure what it is I'm saying 'yes' to."

Jack came to a stop directly in front of her, taking her hands and pulling her to her feet.

"To whatever 'you' want Sam. We'll take this as far as you feel comfortable with - and we'll take things slow. I want you to be sure."

"I 'am' sure Jack," she said softly, leaning in to brush her lips on his. He groaned and wrapped his arms around her, holding her close.

"Thank you, thank you." He whispered. He kissed her - a long, lingering infinitely tender kiss that was full of love and a hint of the deeper desire that was bubbling beneath the surface.

Finally they broke contact, smiling deeply into each other's eyes. Jack gently stroked her cheek and felt her tremble at his touch. They kissed again, this time more fiercely. Sam wound her arms around Jack's neck, her fingers tangled in his hair while he slipped his hands beneath her sweater to caress the warm, silky skin beneath. Sam gasped a little at his touch while Jack delighted in the soft smooth feel of her under his hands.

"Jack?" Sam murmured against his ear.

"Mm?"

"What else did the other Jack tell you?"

Jack dropped a gentle kiss on her cheek and pulled her down onto the couch where they curled up contentedly in each other's arms.

"They kept things quiet, just between themselves - though I suspect their Teal'c and Daniel probably guessed something was going on. Then they had a run in with Nirrti that was rather similar to ours - apparently Samantha very nearly didn't make it." Jack tightened his grip on Sam and kissed her briefly. "After that - well, the first down time they got they went off to Vegas and got married."

"Wow - that was risky."

"Yes, sure was - but the gamble paid off. They presented Hammond with a fait accomplis" Jack gave a small chuckle "apparently he was so impressed that they'd managed to keep their whole affair under wraps for the better part of a year 'and' still be perfectly professional on missions, that he stood by them. They each got an official reprimand but were allowed to remain as CO and 2IC of SG-1."

"They were incredibly lucky."

"Yes, they were, and to be honest I don't think we should assume that things in 'our' reality will turn out as successfully - but I'm willing to give it a try if you are."

Sam snuggled down in his arms. "Yes I am - and, you know, we do have something in our favour now."

"We do?"

"Yeah - the example of the 'other' Jack and Samantha and 'their' General Hammond. Something tells me that when it comes to it that'll go a long way toward persuading our people that the fact that we're 'romantically' involved won't jeopardise SG-1 or the SGC."

Jack grinned.

"What're you smiling at?"

"Your unfailing scientific 'logic'" he said "and that 'romantically involved' - I sure like the sound of that."

"Yeah" Sam said, pulling him down for a kiss, "so do I."

THE END

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to squacco