Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

This close

by Seesaw
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
This Close

By Seesaw

DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This was written for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the author.

Authors notes: Yeah I know another short one but I am lazy so what did you expect. Anyway hope you like it, big thanks to my new beta Sarah S (the fastest in the west, I'm not kidding) and thank you anyone who offered their help to me.

Jack tried to close his eyes. He was really, really tried but his eyes still remained glued to the left-hand side of Sam's face, which was approximately two inches from his. She was so close he could smell her shampoo and feel her breath on the side of his face. Just to make the whole situation that little bit more agonising she was crouched in between his legs. He didn't remember how they decided that THIS was the best position for her to examine his forehead but then here they were. Her cool fingers prodded the area on his forehead around a graze he had managed to receive. He worried about the amount of times he cut or hit his head; he'd have words with Janet when they got home.

"It's not too deep sir, I don't think you'll need stitches."

"Thanks Carter, I look forward to explaining this to the General."

Carter smiled; he'd never been this close to her when she smiled before, it had an interesting effect. It pushed his senses up another notch, which was just plain wrong. He should be embarrassed or angry that she was laughing at him. Somehow he had managed to insult the Chief or elder guy, whatever his name was, without even talking. That had to be a record even for him. Something to do with the Chief's wife and touching her arm or hand or something. It had all ended with the chief throwing a punch at Jack who was caught off guard and ended up on his ass. Somewhere along the way he managed to graze his forehead. It still beats being thrown in a dungeon though. So here he was, sitting on the steps of the Stargate with Sam crouched between his legs and far too close while Daniel and Teal's tried to smooth things over.

Sam moved to pick up something from the first aid kit. This meant that she had to lean over his leg so now his view was no longer of her face but of her butt. His hands gripped his knees until his knuckles turned white. What the hell was taking her so long? The first aid box wasn't that big. If she didn't move now he would have to grab her ass and drag her into his lap and then, well, he shouldn't think about that, he should think about something else.

Her face reappeared in his line of vision and he felt her clean his cut and then a stinging sensation as she used antiseptic cream. He hissed quietly but she still heard and smiled again."Nearly done, sir."

If this wasn't over soon God help him.

She moved to the first aid kit again but this time only for a second. He felt her apply 2 paper stitches before she moved back slightly to view her work. Her radio crackled to life.

"How's it going guys?"

Since his jacket was abandoned along with his pack at the base of the ramp, Sam turned her head and responded into her radio.

"Fine Daniel. How about you?"

Jack leaned forward to whisper into her ear,

"Ask him if I started another war." He really had to work on his impulse control.

He watched as she tried and failed to suppress a smile, her attention remained firmly focused on her radio.

"We managed to sort it out, in fact the Chief invited us to dinner to apologise."

"Great Daniel we'll make out way back to the village."

"Right Sam see you later."



He heard Daniel's radio flick off and Sam did the same. He watched as she turned back to face him and lost her balance, grabbing onto his legs to steady herself. At the same time Jack reached out to steady her by grabbing her waist.

An embarrassed smile crossed Sam's face at her clumsiness, then she glanced at him and their eyes locked.

She was so close and he was holding her around the waist. He could feel his arms, O so slowly drawing her closer even though he didn't remember telling them to do so. He was aware of Sam's hands moving just slightly up his thighs as she moved slowly towards him. He was aware of the heat from her body through her shirt. He was aware of her eyes flicking to his lips and then back to his eyes. And all the while the tiny space that was separating them was becoming less and less.

The sound of rustling and then the sound of soft footfalls disturbed the silence that fell over them. Jack saw Pylac, their ` tour guide' for the evening before the misunderstanding, appearing in the clearing of the Stargate. He felt Sam begin to pull away and instinctively his hands tightened around her.

"Forgive me for interrupting but my elder did not wish for you to be lost and miss your feast."

He released Sam when her gaze turned to a glare and watched as she hurriedly packed away her first aid kit. She moved away and he slowly pushed himself up and collected his vest and pack. He was going to be in a foul mood all night, party or not. He was this close to finally, FINALLY kissing her. The smell of her shampoo still lingered in his senses. Clipping shut his pack on his back he pulled on his hat. He was pleasantly surprised to see that Sam had waited for him.

"Come on Carter lets go par-ty!"

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback togottagetadog@hotmail.com