Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Fireworks

by Saz Ikal
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Fireworks

by Saz Ikal

Title: Fireworks
AUTHOR: Saz Ikal
EMAIL: sazikal@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Romance, Holiday (Bonfire Night)
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: none listed
SEASON / SEQUEL: any
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: male/female relationship
SUMMARY: Janet, Cassandra and Sg-1 go to a firework display.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: The story is mine, that's it unfortunately... only the story. I don't own them, Stargate Sg-1 and its characters are the property of MGM, World Gekko Corp and Double Secret Productions. Basically not mine. No copyright infringement is intended. Don't take it without telling me please!
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Very short story but I had the idea when we went to a firework display recently. No dedication for this one cause it's so short. Please mail me if you liked it, I'm a nice person really! I won't bite! And as an added piece of incentive, I promise I'll mail you back!

It was Cassandra's first firework night, and in her words "there hadn't been any fireworks in...Toronto." After Jack tried to explain it 3 times to her and Teal'c, and then Daniel explained it; they decided they wanted to go. So Cassandra, Janet and Sg-1 were going to a firework display together. However certain people hadn't realised how cold it would be at 9:00 on a November evening.

"Mum it's cold." Cassie complained with a shiver.

"Gotta agree with her there Doc." Jack said rubbing his hands together.

"The fireworks will be starting soon, just have some patience!" Janet said, grinning at Sam who rolled her eyes. Jack sighed and walked over to Daniel and Teal'c, pushing himself onto the wall.

As they waited for the fireworks Cassandra played with her dog, Daniel told Teal'c the story of Guy Fawks and Sam and Janet chatted and laughed. Jack just gazed at Sam, thinking how cute she looked in her hat. He was slightly interrupted in this thought processes when Cassandra came running up.

"Uncle Jack" she panted

"Yeah?" he said without looking down at her, his attention still focused elsewhere.

"Can we have fireworks at your house next year. And sit on the roof?"

"Uh-huh." Jack answered, not actually listening to what she had just asked cause he was too busy watching a certain blond haired, blue eyed woman run after Cassie's dog.

"Great!" Cassandra exclaimed running off to tell her mum.

"What?" Jack asked too late and then sighed. He'd find out later anyway.

"Mum! Mum! Uncle Jack said we could have fireworks at his house next year. It'll be really cool, we could sit on the roof!"

"Cassandra are you sure that's what he said?" Janet asked, doubting Colonel O'Neill would agree so easily to such an idea. He was very particular about his roof.

"Well that's what I asked him!" Cassandra protested

"And he said yes?"

"Yep. Well he said "Uh-huh"" answered Cassandra.

"Cassandra, honey. There are a few things I've got to teach you about what men really mean. "Uh huh," "Sure, honey," or "Yes, dear", means... well it means absolutely nothing. It's a conditioned response." Janet explained and Sam laughed. Cassandra looked confused.

"What? I don't get it. Can we have the fireworks around Uncle Jack's house?"

"Yes dear." Janet laughed. Just then the first explosion went off.

"Wow. It's so beautiful!" Cassandra cried, taking in every detail as it faded and another one light the sky.

"Wow it's so cold." Jack said bitterly from the wall. Amazingly, probably something to do with the direction of the wind, they heard it. Cassandra shrugged.

"Yeah it's cold, but it's worth it!" She exclaimed breathlessly as she watched for the next one.

"Cassie come here, I'll keep you warm." Sam smiled as she pulled Cassie towards her. Cassie lent her back into Sam and Sam put her arms around Cassie's neck. Cassie snuggled closer then trying to look at her, without turning around asked

"But who's gonna keep you warm?"

"I'm fine, I haven't been complaining like some!" Sam said tickling Cassie making her giggle. "Now, not another question ok? Or I'll tickle some more."

Cassie grinned and repeated the question.

"Who's gonna keep you warm?"

"Alright that's it." Sam said tickling her again.

From the wall where Daniel and Jack sat, and Teal'c stood, they observed the giggling. The question Cassie kept repeating floated through the air towards them, followed by giggles.

Jack watched the scene with a small smile until Daniel prodded him.

"What?"

Daniel just gave him a look. Jack looked at Sam for a second then sighed, knowing what Daniel was suggesting. God knows, he'd been thinking about it. The cold November evening chill was starting to set in and the thought of Sam in his arms was almost too much to resist. With a further prod from Daniel Jack shifted himself off the wall and started walking towards Sam and Cassandra.

"Who's gonna keep you warm?" Cassandra giggled for what must've been the 10th time.

"I will." Jack said coming up behind them. Both Sam and Cassandra were surprised; they hadn't heard him come up besides them. Sam swallowed but before she had a chance to say or do anything, Jack had already but is arms around her, in the same way as she had Cassandra.

Sam closed her eyes and counted silently to 10 to control her breathing. He had to be able to hear her heart beating so fast, and yet, it felt so natural to be there. She felt so warm even though it was cold, and she doubted it had anything to do with the jacket she was wearing.

Cassie broke free, running to the nearby hill for a better look, and Sam watched her go, not daring to move from Jack's arms. Hell, not wanting to move from them. She could feel him so close to her, leaning freely into each other. All she had to do was turn round in his arms, look up into those warm chocolate eyes and...STOP! Stop right there Sam she scolded herself. Don't start thinking about that. Don't start thinking about the way it'd feel to...Oh for cryin' out loud.

As Sam sighed in his arms Jack rejoiced. The fact that she hadn't moved when Cassie had left meant that she didn't just stay because of Cassie, she stayed because she liked it. Or at least that's what he hoped. It felt so good with her in his arms like this. It felt so right, so natural that anyone who didn't know them would think it was normal. That they were a normal happy couple

"C'mon Cassie, time to go home!" Janet yelled to her daughter. Cassandra came jogging back, dumping her used sparklers in the bin. Reluctantly Sam and Jack broke apart as everyone began drifting back to their cars. They paused for a second, not touching but still so close, looking into each other eyes with soft looks. Their eyes saying everything they were feeling. How they both wanted so much more, but they had to be content with what they could get.

"See you tomorrow." Sam said finally with a gentle smile.

"Yeah." Jack sighed with a slight nod and she began to walk step away.

"I really enjoyed tonight." He added, before she had far. Sam smiled at him fondly.

"Me too."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Saz Ikal