Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Saviours 4: The Cure

by Sara B
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Saviors 4:The Cure

Saviors 4:The Cure

by Sara B

TITLE: Saviors 4:The Cure
AUTHOR: Sara B
EMAIL: sara.bell2@ntlworld.com
CATEGORY: Series, Hurt/Comfort
PAIRING: none
SPOILERS: Fair Game Cold Lazarous
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4; sequal to the rest in Saviuors series
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: Last in series, Will Jack and Sam's daughter live or die.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Last bit! Yay, finished! Hope you like it, What did you think of this series, really hoped you likede it. Hi to all my friends especially Lynsey and Wendy

Previously: After Sam and Jack save a planet from the Goa'uld the inhabitants want them to continue to save them from the Goa'uld, SG-1 refuse and decide to go home, but they'll send help for them. To stop them from leaving a child is made with Sam and Jack's DNA. Sam and Jack take the child, Rachel home but she gets ill and can't live on Earth, Janet believes she has a cure but it's risky and could kill her but Jack will do anything to save Rachel and let her stay on Earth, so he brings her back.

Jack took Rachel to the infirmary and Janet hooked her up the machines to check her vitals, as she knew Rachel would start to get ill in about half an hour as she did last time. Sam and Jod'rell entered the infirmary as they followed Jack back to Earth.

"Colonel, bring her back or shewilldie" Jod'rell told Jack

"Jack, I hate to say it but he's right and we have to take her back..." Sam looked over to Rachel lying in the bed in front of them "I don't want her to die."

"She won't" Jack said confidently "She's strong, she's a 'Carter'" Jack told her; flattery wouldn't get him anywhere not this time.

"Strong or not...she'll die" Sam told him.

"She's right, she'll die and itwill be your fault" Jod'rell told him.

"No! It'll be your fault! You made her with this disease!" Jack stared at Jod'rell hoping he would crack and admit she'd survive, as it would give Jack more confidence and hopefully the strength to see Rachel go through the pain he knew was ahead, as he wasn't sure he was strong enough to let her go through all that pain and risk losing her; but he had to do this 'cos he wanted her to have a good, long life on Earth rather than a short one on her planet, as it was bound to be a short life with the Goa'uld constantly attacking.

"Well don't say I didn't warn you" Jod'rell told him not giving away if she'd survive or not.

"I won't."

"Jack." Sam pleaded, he could see in her face she was desperate to get Rachel back

"Sam." he said, his tone told her everything she didn't want to hear, that he was standing firm and that he wouldn't take Rachel back.

"Mum, I'm fine" Rachel told her.

"Yeah, but you'll get ill again and I'm sorry sweetie but I don't want you to get ill." Sam explained.

"I know, I'll be fine, Dad said so"

Sam glared at Jack.

"I know I'll get ill, but he said I'll be OK"

Sam pulled Jack to the other side of the room "Jack" she hissed, "Why'd you lied to her?"

"Sam, trust me please."

"What, what do you know?" Sam could tell he knew something

Jack shook his head he couldn't tell her, she'd give it all away and she'd more that likely objected to it, as it's so dangerous.

A little later, everyone is still there and Rachel started to get pains in her cheat, they were quite shallow pains at first and there was a little bit of time between each one, but they've started to get stronger and closer together.

"Arghh!" Rachel shouted at the pain came again, Sam could barely look at her, she didn't want to see her daughter to be in pain, especially when she knew it could be stopped by just going off world. Jack winced at the pain, just the thought of his daughter slowly dying killed him, but he had to stay strong and keep her here.

"It's OK darlin'" Jack told her "you'll be fine"

She looked at Jack with her big brown, innocent eyes "I believe you" Jack smiled at her "ARghh!"

Jack's smile dropped. Sam turned to Jod'rell

"Stop this!" she pleaded with him, she had tears in her eye, but she did her best not to let it show.

"Take her back and it'll stop on it's own"

"Please! Jack won't take her back, stop it!"

Jod'rell didn't reply, he looked at Rachel; Sam could tell he knew how to cure her.

"Please! You have a cure I know it, make her better" Sam couldn't hide her tears any more and they slowly rolled down her face.

"ARRGHH!!" Rachel closed her eyes and tried to force the pain away. "ARRGHH!" They pains got closer and stronger. Jack squeezed her hand

"Come on Rachel, stay strong" he told her with tears in his own eyes now, he didn't want his second child to die as well, but he'd be damned if he'd take her back for a miserable life there.

Rachel opened her eyes "I want it to stop." she said her face red and wet with tears.

Jack looked helplessly at her "I know you do, so do I"

"Then take her back" Jod'rell ordered him

Jack glared at him the tears evident in his eyes "No." Jack turned back to Rachel and the tears softly rolled down his face.

"Jack, she's still getting worse" Janet informed him, Jack nodded

"How long?" he asked

"No more that 5 minutes"

"Come on," Jack pleaded. "You've got hold on for just a little while longer"

"ARRGHH! Dad, it's not stopping, make it stop"

Tears continued down his face. Jack looked at Janet, searching for a sign of hope, that she'll be OK; Janet looked at him and shook her head.

"ARRGHH! ARRGHH!"

Sam turned to Jod'rell "I know you have a cure, you have to..."

"ARRGHH!" Sam closed her eyes in hope to block out the sound and knowledge that her daughter was going to die because of a stupid race, and Jack's selfishness of not wanting to live off world and work of them.

"Take me, I'll work for you" Sam said desperately

"What?" Jod'rell replied

"ARRGHH!"

"You want a saviour, I'll be your saviour, just cure her...Please" Sam begged, her face red from the tears. Jod'rell paused to think about this, they'd have one of their saviours.

"How do I know you won't return once you know Rachel's fine?"

"I give you my word." Sam told him and looked over at Rachel

"ARRGHH! ARRGHH!"

" Please, I beg you, save her"

Jack looked over at her "Sam, no."

Sam turned back to him "Jack, you may be willing to kill our daughter but I'm not"

Jack didn't want to kill her but of course Sam didn't know about Janet's discovery.

"Sam, please you can't"

"ARRGHH!"

"Choose. Rachel, here on Earth or me not working for them." Sam made Jack's choice a simple decision of one or the other but he wanted both.

"Mummy," Rachel called to her "Don't leave me, stay"

"I'm only going to make you well"

"ARRGHH! No you've got to stay with me" Rachel wanted both her parents

"Jack?" Janet called over to Jack. Sam sat beside Rachel trying to convince her she was only going to leave for her sake.

"What is it?" Jack asked Janet.

"She beginning to stabilise, if we wait she should improve" she told him.

Jack breathed a sigh of relief. "Are you sure?"

"Yes" she said with a smile

"Good, get the guards ready to take him." Jack couldn't hide is happiness, he had the grin of a Cheshire cat spread across him face, he regained his composure.

"Sam could I have a word?" he called her over

"ARRGHH! Don't leave me."

"We won't, we're just over here and Auntie Janet's with you" Jack returned his attention back to Sam

"Sam, don't go please, she going to be fine."

"You said something about that earlier but she's gotten worse."

"I know"

"Well what's different now?"

"Arrghh!"

"Look Janet made a discovery earlier and Rachel's going to be fine she's stabilising now"

"Jack, look at her she in pain" Sam was still crying, Jack was still red in the face but no longer crying.

"I know, but she'll start to get better now"

"You better be right"

"I am" Jack assured her.

Jack goes back to Rachel bedside. Sam goes back to Jod'rell; she takes a deep breath "I'm sorry I'm staying here"

"Arrghh!" Rachel was still in pain but she was already getting better, it didn't hurt as much and the breaks between the pains got longer.

"What you're condemning her to death"

"Actually," Janet butted in, "she getting better"

"No, that's not possible"

"Yes it is." Jack told him "You knew you'd be in trouble if she died so you had a sort of safety built into her so she'd recover before she died."

"How did you know?"

"We may not be as advanced as you but we've got the best" Jack said and looked over to Janet.

"You knew we'd never let her get close enough to death to find out though" Sam told him. The guards came in and took him away.

"Sweetie, I'm sorry I said I'd leave, I'm not going anywhere." Sam told Rachel

"I'm getting better, aren't I?" she asked, know the answer

"Yes, yes you are" Jack told her with a smile spread across his face.

"Argh! Does that mean I can stay here with you?" Rachel asked them

The both smiled "Of course" they both answered together. Sam was still crying but this time it was because she was so happy.

(Epilogue)

Jod'rell was taken back to his planet and the authorities were informed of what he and Jenna did, the authorities were then left to do with them what they saw fit. The planet's co-ordinates where left in the computer with a warning telling anyone not to go back. Rachel was fine, it took her a while to recover but she did. Rachel now lives on the base while Sam and Jack are working and when they're on Earth or on leave she stays with one of them. Although Rachel didn't understand why her parent's didn't live together like she thought they we're supposed to, after all they obviously care and love each other.

The End

Please give feed back on what you thought about the series. I didn't mind constructive criticism.

Anyone want to beta read for me, I would like to hear from you as I'm rubbish at English, spelling and grammar.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Sara B