Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Major O'Neill and Colonel Carter

by Sara B, Miss Wendy
[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Major O'Neill & Colonel Carter

Major O'Neill & Colonel Carter

by Sara B & Miss Wendy

Title: Major O'Neill & Colonel Carter
Author: Sara B & Miss Wendy
Email: wendy.rhodes@ntlworld.com or sara.bell2@ntlworld.com
Category: Romance
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Spoilers: Holdiday, forever in a day and Singularity
Season: 4
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: none,
Challenge: Don't know which challenge
Summary: What if Jack and Sam swapped bodies.
Status: Completed
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
Author's Notes: It's not all as soppy as the beginning or as the end. It gets good. Hope you like it and please respond.

Major O'Neill and Colonel Carter

SG-1 (minus Teal'c as he was injured on their last mission and if recovering at the base) have come back off a mission, were they met a race, one of which said he could allow Daniel to see his love, Sha're, the man performed a ritual but nothing seem to have happened

Daniel is now at home and it's about 2200 hours



I wished that spell had worked, I've longed for the day I'd see her again, just to hold her in my arms, and see her smile at me just once. That smile used to make my heart leap and it still does every time I think of her. Anyway I guess I won't see her, not today at least, she maybe dead by I know in my heart I will see her again one day.

Daniel falls asleep in front of the TV, not watching it but thinking of Sha're. The next morning Daniel wakes up happy and refreshed from his dream.

Wow, what a dream, Sha're was...was alive. It was really her; she seemed so happy and full of peace. I can't believe how much I missed her. The spell actually worked. I can't believe I ever doubted it.

Daniel arrives at the SGC. "Morning Dr Jackson" said the guard at the front of Cheyenne Mountain. "Morning, Great day isn't it?" Daniel seemed happy than normal, as he entered the building with a leap in his step. Daniel gets in the lift and travels down to level 28 he is greeted by Hammond "Dr Jackson, report to the infirmary."

"Why? What's going on?"

"It's Colonel O'Neill and Major Carter." He said in a concerned tone "they seem to have swapped bodies."

"What?!, Why?"

"We're not sure why but it's possible that it has something to do with the ritual to see you wife."

"How?"

"Again, we're not sure, the ritual might of gone wrong or something"

"But the ritual didn't go wrong, I saw Sha're last night"

"Well something definitely happened" Hammond said leading the way to the infirmary.

Once at the infirmary Daniel sees, Sam (That is to say Jack) stood up pacing the floor trying to explain how he/she is the colonel. Jack (That is to say Sam) is in front of the computer trying to find something, anything to explain this. Daniel realises that there was definitely something had happened as Sam doesn't pace and shout orders while Jack doesn't know how to use a computer, to Daniel's knowledge.



Okay, I'm me but I'm not me. How do I prove it...

"I know" exclaimed Sam "Ask me anything about Astrophysics." The others realise that she's trying to prove she's Sam not Jack. "What is the speed of light?" asked Daniel, he asked this specific question, as he knew the answer to this one. "That's easy it's 2.998 x 108" replied Sam in Jack

"Even I know that one!" Said Jack

"OK," said Sam "What's Pi to 5 decimal places"

"Pie?"

"Used to calculate the area of a circle..." she tried to help him.

"Oh that Pi, it's 3 or something"

"3.14159" said Sam off the top of her head, well not exactly her head.

"Yeah, right."

They just want to make me look stupid, just 'cos I don't know the difference between apple pie and Pi it's not my fault, why couldn't they make Sam look stupid instead of me?

Jack (in Sam) turns to Hammond "If this does have something to do with that ritual thingy then shouldn't we go back?"

"I'm sorry, Major...Colonel I can't allow you off world like this, although I'll get a team on it." Hammond left the infirmary.

Great looks like I'm demoted to Major.I suppose things could be worse I could be Daniel or even Teal'c again.

SG-8 were sent out to try and solve SG-1's little problem. Jack (in Sam) turns up at General Hammond's office. He knocks and enters as usual "Sir, may I have a word"

"Yes, of course...Colonel" Hammond remembered he wasn't Sam.

"I have to do something! Get out of here, SWAP US BACK!"

"We're going to Colonel, as soon as we can. As for now, I was hoping I wouldn't have to mention this."

"What?" asked Jack, suspiciously

"Tomorrow is the day we're inspected to see if the money is well spent, and well we can't have them finding out about this little...incident."

"LITTLE?!"

"What I'm saying is Sam is giving a speech on Quantum Mechanics and you'll have to give the speech if we can't resolve this by tomorrow."

"Can't you postpone it?" Asked Jack

"Sorry, Jack I've delayed it one too many times already"

"So, What your saying is I have to learn quantum Mechanics by tomorrow morning?" asked Jack checking he'd got it right.

"Yes, colonel I am, oh and tomorrow you will have to get used to being addressed as Major Carter."

"Quantum Mechanics????"

"I'm sure Carter will help you."

QUANTUM MECHANICS!!!! HELP!!! Carter where's Carter. You can never find her when you need her. Ah there she is, nope that just a mirror. Sam Where are you?

"Daniel have you seen Sam?" Jack asked urgently

"Yeah, she's in her office"

Jack ran to Sam's office. "Carter I really need your help."

"With what sir?"

"Well for starters you may as well drop the sir."

"..."

"You are meant to be giving some speechy thing tomorrow right."

"Er yes."

"Well I'm doing it for you."

"But you don't know a thing about quantum mechanics, sir."

"Who are you supposed to be giving the speech to."

"Oh I see. But why drop the sir. Sir."

"Hammond says that I will have to be called Major Carter while you will be Colonel O'Neill for the day." he said through gritted teeth. "If of course we don't swap back by then."

"Well then, Major looks like you are going to need a copy of my speech then aren't you." She said picking up a folder that was placed neatly on her desk. He picks it up and begins to read the paper. He is half way through the first line when Sam has to interrupt as he is already pronouncing things wrong.



Oh god this is gonna be a loooooong day.

Later that afternoon "Here you are...Carter" Sam said trying to get used to the situation. Jack looks up and Sam hands him another paper "What's this?" he asked

"It's my speech."

"But I've already got a copy." He said waving the pieces of paper around that he was holding.

"This ones in phonetics sir...I mean Major."

"I'm not that stupid Sam."

"Yeah but you haven't got time to learn it and it's Colonel not Sam remember."

"How could I forget." He said sarcastically.

"What am I supposed to be doing tomorrow?"

"Your giving the grand tour of the facility. We'll have dinner and 'I'll go over it with you.' "

"Good impression of me but I don't need a tour."

"We'll see about that." They go off and have lunch, then Sam leads the grand tour.

"The room to your left is where the scientists are experimenting on a mineral we found on P58G23" she said

"That's not what I would have said."

"Then what. Major." She said getting into the hang of it.

"To your left is where a bunch of more scientists do loads more experiments."

"Oh I see."

"I know only a subtle change but it makes all the difference. Trust me."

Subtle!! Oh well I suppose I am the Colonel that sounds great Colonel Carter. Colonel Carter head of SG-1, I could get used to this, shame it's only for the day. ...Colonel Carter, cool.

"Sam! ... Sam!"

"Oh Yeah, sorry Sir." She replied coming back into reality.

"Was you paying any attention at all."

"I was trying to be you, Sir...Major" Jack looks at her "Colonel" she ventured, trying to get him on her side again.

"How's it going?" asked Daniel as he walked up the corridor.

Great I'm doing nothing- well nothing taxing, just relaxing being the Colonel



Awful have you seen what I need to learn by tomorrow!!!

"Fine" they both replied out loud.

That night they both go home, Jack goes to his house and spends most of the night memorising Sam's speech for tomorrow, he falls asleep at the kitchen table head on the presentation.

Sam goes to her apartment, the neighbours found it slightly strange when a man enters her apartment with his own set of keys as Sam's not married or dating anyone as far as they know. She settles down for a night in front of the telly as for once she had no work to do or no speech to learn. Sam falls asleep while watching a programme on space.

She wakes up that morning, realising it's the presentation today she heads for her bedroom to get ready



That was such a freaky dream, I'm glad I'm not really in the colonel, he would mess up my whole speech, but it would be nice to be the colonel, but as me not Jac...What!!!!

Sam just stepped in front of the mirror and she lost her train of thought "Oh god what do I do?....Jack, I phone Jack." Sam picks up the phone by her bed and uses speed dial to phone Jack.

Jack wakes up to hear the phone ringing. He sits up and peels the presentation off his forehead and heads to the phone. "Hello"

"Jack it's me" Jack had only just woken up so it took him awhile to figure out who it was. "Sam" he said

"Yeah." She said "What are we going to do?"

"Huh What?"

"Yesterday we swapped bodies"

"Oh yeah that, well I was going to get my uniform on and go to the SGC as always why?"

"Uniforms" she groaned realising she'll need Jack's uniform "Get down here now, and bring your uniform"

"Yes ma'am....Sir" Jack hung up got his uniform out as instructed, picked up his presentation and headed out to his car. He got in the car and had to adjust all of his perfectly set seating so that he could reach the pedals as Sam was slightly shorter that he was.

Jack arrives at Sam's apartment and knocks on the door. Her next-door neighbour was just leaving for work and she couldn't believe what she saw. Why would Sam knock on her own door for it to be answered by a strange bloke. As Sam opened the door to let him in she saw the woman looking confused. Sam gave her a quick smile and a wave before she closed the door.

"Have you got the uniform?" she asked

"Yeah." He replied. Sam hands him her uniform and sends him in the direction of the bathroom. After a few minutes Sam is ready.



This uniform is a hundred times better than mine. It's also more comfortable.

Jack interrupted her thoughts "Sam. I'm not wearing these." He said throwing the tights at her.

"You have to." she said picking them up of the floor. Sam couldn't help but smile on the inside. It was funny thinking of Jack in tights.

"No I don't and you can't make me."

"Yes you do , you have to."

"Why?"

"Cos...my legs need shaving. I don't think I'm letting you do that." She replied

"I'm still not wearing them." Sam glared at him. He got the message and retreated back to the bathroom with tights in hand.

Jack comes out of the bathroom, considering it was the Colonel he looked quite smart. (in both sense of the word). They both sit down to have breakfast as Jack didn't get the chance to eat anything before he came to Sam's. "Right so after breakfast I'm gonna teach you how to shave. As it looks like I need it."

"And I'm gonna teach you how brush to my hair. It looks a mess. What did you do, fall asleep at the table."

"Actually...."

"That explains it then." After breakfast and they are finally all set to go, Sam gives Jack a pair of shoes.



Heals?!

Jack doesn't complain it's uniform and the general will tell him off for being for being out of uniform if he didn't. "Ooops"

"What?" Sam asks

"I didn't bring my shoes I've just got these trainers."

"We'll have to stop at your house on the way to work" she said as she pulled on Jack's trainers.

They leave the building and head for the car, Jack getting in the drivers side and Sam in the passengers side, then Jack realises he can't drive in heals so he and Sam swap seats.

They arrive at Jack's and Jack goes in to find his shoes, then comes back to the car where Sam was waiting for him, Jack throws the shoes on the back seat, so Sam can change shoes once at work.



(Laughs) Jack really can't walk in a straight line in those heals can he? (Laughs) Shuffling down the street won't help.Sam advises him in her headOh god! We should've brought spare tights!(Jack falls over on the way back to the car)Ooops.

Sam couldn't contain her laughter anymore and just bursts out laughing as Jack enter the car "It's not funny" he said very seriously, which just made her laugh more

"I'm sorry Jack you just look so funny" she said tears now streaming down her face.

"Just remember it's you that everyone else finds so funny."

"But what makes it so funny is that I know it's you in there not me."

"Yeah, hilarious" Jack was not impressed.

Sam drove to the SGC once over her laughing fit, Jack refused to speak to her all the way; he was really taking his role as a female seriously.



Ok, now I get why it takes so long for women to get dressed they spend all the time trying to get the tights the right way around. (Jack had had a few problems getting the tights on that morning so Sam insisted on bring spare in case he laddered any)And these shoes, can't we get some special note saying I can wear NORMAL shoes, I swear they were first made as a torture device, or as a test to see if you were a witch, when people used to believe that non-sense. But Sam how dare she laugh I mean...how dare she?!

"Jack we're here" Sam said to him, getting out of the car to be greeted by General Hammond "Well?"

"What?" asked Sam

"Were you back to normal?"

"I was just going to ask you if SG-8 were back yet." Jack said ignoring Sam.

"No, Sir I'm still Sam," said Sam. "and he's Jack"

"Colonel...Major, are you OK?" Hammond asked Jack who didn't look to happy

"Fine, sir." He replied through gritted teeth "Every things just peachy."

"He's in a mood" Sam said trying not to laugh, when she thought back to what happened this morning. "He's having a bad day." The three of them enter the mountain, Sam is carrying Jack's shoes in her hands, which she changes into once at level 28. As they leave the lift Hammond said "I'll see if I can get you into some normal shoes Jack don't worry" They all walk down the corridor Sam not in shoes while Jack is refusing to where his and is carrying them instead. Jack goes to find Daniel or Teal'c as he's got nothing to do and isn't going to read that speech again until the presentation as it's really getting on his nerves now.

"Hey Danny" Jack was now a lot happier as he's now got normal shoes, and a medical note from Janet, saying he can't wear heals for some reason or another. "(wolf whistle), Looking good, Jack!" said Daniel.

"Don't, I'm not talking to Sam as it is"

"I've heard." He said trying not to smile. Sam walked in and said

"Hi Daniel."

"Hi."

"Now....Major. I've got to go. But please get that speech right. It's my ass on the line. Not yours." Jack looks behind him and down and then turned to her and said

"And what a nice ass it is too." Sam glared at him. "I'll do my best" Sam walked out of the room. Jack turned to Daniel. Daniel just shook his head.

"What?"

"Nothing." They both walked out of the room.

The inspector people arrived, General Hammond and Sam (Colonel O'Neill) where there to meeting them. "General" the first inspector said "nice to meet you I'm General Paterson and this is Lt Colonel Hunt. We are here to see how the money is being spent."

"I am General Hammond and this M....Colonel Jack O'Neill." He recovered from his mistake of nearly saying Major, quickly. No one seemed to notice "Shall we begin."

General Paterson nodded and Sam led the way.

Sam started by giving the officers a tour of the facility "...this is level 20 where we have even more scientists doing even more experiments." She said remembering what Jack had told her. "What experiments are they doing?" Asked Lt Col. Hunt.

"They are..." Hammond looked at her, she realised Jack wouldn't know the answer to this question, "...we'll ask one of the scientists shall we. As they will know better than any of us." She recovered.

"Good Idea." Hunt said and asked the scientists what they were doing. The tour was pretty much the same all the way around until they reached level 28, once here Sam continued to give a brief tour but this time explaining what things actually did, not with scientific knowledge but she did give them a basic description. Like she described the Stargate:

"This is the Stargate, we use this for intergalactic travelling."

"How does it work?" asked General Paterson

"You enter a six symbol address, a point of origin and you just step through." Sam said trying to use minimal scientific words. After they finished the tour they had dinner.



I've forgotten it, I don't remember any of the speech. What do I do? How did that speech start......... Nope, It's gone, I don't remember a word. Oh wait, yes I do it was...............Nope gone again. That's it 'Quantum Mechanics is a......' come on the rest of it what was the rest of it.

Jack went up to the table where she was eating with the General, General and Lt colonel. "Colonel could I have a word," Jack looked at the men at the table "in private."

"Sure," she said getting up "I'll just be a minute." She explained to the others.

"What is it ?" Sam asked after they left the room.

"I've forgotten the speech" he said urgently.

"Well I gave you two copies."

"I can't find them what do I do?"

"One. You calm down. Two. I have a spare and three it's on my computer just print it off."

"How?"

"Switch on the computer my user name is the same as your but with S Carter not J O'Neill and the password is Shrodinger, then you go to my documents and it's in the speech folder and it's called "Adapted speech for Jack" open the file and hit the print icon."

"Right, thanks" Jack ran of to Sam's office. He switches on the computer and it came up with user name and password, he entered them but it didn't work. "Hey you!" Jack shouted at the man passing the door "Why won't this work?" the cadet took one look at the screen and said "Your user name"

"What's wrong with it?"



Sam said its S Carter not J O'Neill what's wrong?

"Your user name is always 'SGC' then your name, then you team-you 'SG-1' not just your name" he stated "but you know that"

"Yeah, of course I know that, I just...forgot" he lied.



Stupid computers. Right switch on the computer on, enter user name and pass word, then...then...Oh yeah my documents, where's my documents, got that now...speech folder and then... what the speech called... 'Stargate and uses for time travel' nope not that... 'Quantum Mechanics speech'... that's it 'Adapted speech of Jack'...Now *print*

The computer started to print, there was an air of triumph in the room radiating from Jack as the printer printed out a copy of the speech.



Who said you can't teach old dogs new tricks.

He held up the speech and check to see if he'd printed the right one, he had.

Lunch past and Jack was going to give his speech, well Sam's speech. Jack was extremely confident after all he'd survived this long and if he could work a computer he could do anything. Then five minutes before he was called up for his presentation he panicked is the only word to describe it. He was sat at the table waiting to give the speech and he went a horrible shade of white/peach. Sam spotted him.



Jack please don't fail me now, You've faced the Goa'uld and a hundred thing worse than this, you can do it

Sam sent him positive vibes. Jack didn't get any better in fact he looked worse.



I'm gonna ruin her career; I don't want to be held responsible for that. She'll never talk to me again. What the hell does that mean

Jack looked down at his speech and realises he won't understand a word he is saying or know if he's got it right or not. Sam called a recess before he was called to give the speech.

"Jack, are you OK?" Sam asked while pulling him a side so no one could hear her call him Jack, not Sam as they believe it should be. "Yeah fine" he took in a couple of breaths and head back toward the room. "Sir, are you sure?" Everyone in the room heard this and looked at her, "I mean, Major"

"Yeah, fine" he lied convincingly to the others but Sam knew he wasn't fine"

Jack took the stand and started; a line into the speech and he read what Sam put in brackets, "Click for next slide, Do not read th...is...ooops"

Sam cringed at this luckily he recovered well and they all thought it was a joke, they only realised it was a joke after Daniel, Teal'c and Hammond laughed to try and cover up the colonel's mistakes. Sam also started to laugh but it was a very nervous laugh. The next big interruption was the Stargate opening, Sam almost jump two feet off the floor when the klaxon went off for the incoming travellers. Luckily no one noticed. The team coming through the gate was SG-8.



Please let them have the cure, Please! No offence to the Colonel but I want to be me again.

SG-8 look up and spot Sam near the window and give her the thumbs up



YES!!!!!!! Come on Jack just this speech and were normal again!!!

Jack sees Sam's immense grin on his face and knew that SG-8 were back with fantasic news



SG-8 are BACK! I've never been so glad to see another team in my life and that's a fact. YES!!!! YES!!

"Major...Major"



That's me!

"Oh yeah sorry, just got lost in scientific thought" said Jack



Jack just concentrate for the next 2 minutes and I'll never ask for anything from you again. Please Jack the speech.

Jack continues the speech with Sam telling him what to say in her head. They get to the end of the speech "..Does anyone have any questions?" asked Jack at the same time Sam was thinking



Last line Jack... 'Does anyone have any questions?' Please no questions, please Jack would ruin my life by answering questions.

"No questions, Major, I think you made it clear enough" said Hammond, knowing Jack couldn't answer any if they were asked. "Now Dr Jackson will speak on the cultural applications of the Stargate."

Daniel gets up to give his speech, "Sir," Jack leans over to Hammond "permission to be excused" asked Jack, Hammond nods and Sam and Jack discretely leave the debriefing room and they head towards the infirmary where SG-8 should be.

Jack and Sam get to the infirmary. "Well?" asked Jack not bothering with the whole question. "Nice to see you too?" said the head of SG-8. Jack looked at the Major, but his 'I'm not messing about' glare wasn't as effective in Sam's body but he found that the 'Don't you dare think about it' glare worked just as well, if not better. "We've brought the culprit back with us sir" the Major said revealing the guy that put the spell on Daniel so he could see his wife again. "What did you do?" said Jack impatiently.

"I don't understand what's the problem?"

"What's the PROBLEM, what's the PROBLEM, I'll tell you what the PROBLEM is THAT'S MY BODY!!!!!!!" Jack yelled pointing at Sam in himself

"and that's my body" Sam chimed in looking at Jack indicating that it was her body.

"OH...But I don't get what went wrong" he said confused

"Well FIGURE it out" said Jack

"Jack" Sam looked at him "Shouting at him is not the answer" Sam found it weird not looking up at him but looking down at him instead.

"I don't care."

"Jack?"

"...OK." he gave up he knew she was right, as always

"Right, what was the spell you did exactly" asked Sam

"It was a simple 'see your true love' spell" he replied

"SIMPLE! TRUE LOVE?!!!??"

"Jack" Sam used his 'I'm not messing about' glare and best commanding tone, which actually scared her, but how loud Jack could be. Jack shut up and let Sam continue.

"Could it have gone wrong?"

"I doubt it," he thinks over what he did that day. "No, I don't understand. I should have caused the person, in this case Daniel to see his true love, it shouldn't have affected you two at all as you haven't found your true loves"

"What you mean it would have effected us if we had found our true loves?" asked Sam curiously.

"Yeah, if you had found them but you haven't you said so." He replied.

Sam and Jack looked at each other, they both knew they had feelings for each other but it wasn't public knowledge, so they took the man to a more private room, to discuss this.



True love? So she likes me too, still got it hey old boy.

Jack figured out that if it has sometime to do with true loves and he and Sam swapped bodies they must be true loves, Jack couldn't help up be over the moon about this news and he couldn't hide his smile, well grin anyway. Sam although she wanted to be herself again and had to think of the task at hand she couldn't help but let her thought wander to Jack.



*mental Grin* I knew he had feelings but True Love, that's......... Fantastic, brilliant yet totally against regulations and we can't, it has to be something else we can't fall for each other,.........but...he's great, perfect, funny......... no! we can't regs remember.



Lets see I love SG-1 but I could retire again she is worth it, no regs then, or one of us could get a civilian pass and leave the air force, Sam could leave the air force and just be a scientist...but I can't ask her to do that and we don't know if that's why we swapped yet. Fingers crossed.

"What if we had found our true loves?" asked Sam deliberately not looking at Jack, as she knew she'd go bright red if she did.

"Well you'd visit them in your dreams as Daniel visited Sha're" he stated. Both Sam and Jack turn a deep shade of red and turned away from each other, so neither noticed.

"Oh" said the man catching on "That makes it more complicated."

"Complicated? How?" asked Jack recovering, now only with pink cheeks.

"Well...Since your both alive and were both present at the ritual, well...you'd........."

"What?" they both asked

"It's never been done, but I said that you become each other, well you did in a way, your now Sam and you now Jack" he said first looking at Jack then at Sam.

"How do you reverse it?" asked Sam

"Well you shouldn't have to reverse it, you should swap back naturally when you wake up"

"I don't know if you've noticed but WE ARE AWAKE"

"Well I don't know, I guess it can't be reversed."

"WHAT?!" said Sam

"NO this can't be happening" said Jack.

Jack leaves to go clear his head and figure out what he's going to do now his trapped for good. Sam goes after him, she doesn't catch up with him until they are on the surface. Jack get in his car, Sam jumps in next to him before he drives off. "Jack, it's not that bad?"

"How do you figure that one?"

"There's always Ma'chello's device"

"We'd never get permission to return to that planet"

"I'm sure Hammond would..."

"No, we can't"

"why?"

"Destroy the gate on the planet after removing the useful technology, the swapping bodies machine went up in smoke with it."

"Why wasn't I told"

"Don't know, never got round to it, I suppose"

They drove along in silence for a while, then Jack stopped the car, they got out

"Where are we?"

"Just a place I know, it nice, quiet, good for thinking" said Jack

"Thinking you?" Sam tried to lighten the mood

"I came here a lot after Charlie...you know"

They looked out at the view, in silence just thinking. Sam broke the silence.

"About the true love thing" she started "is it true...I mean do you...you know?"

"Love you." He said

"Yeah"

"Well yeah, I have ever since I first met you, I just knew we'd always be together, well we would if it wasn't for regs. Do you?" he asked

Sam looked down then away ashamed that she'd fallen for her CO, then realised it didn't matter. She looked into his eyes and replied "Yes" with all the emotions in her heart. At that moment time froze and they were returned to their original bodies. They looked at each other, then realised they were back. "We're back" stated Sam Jack looked down at himself, he was him again. They both stood up and they couldn't help but jump around "We're back, I can't believe we're back!" Jack picked up Sam and spun her around. "Er, Sir shouldn't we get back to the base?" Jack was pulled back into reality, all regulations applied and they were CO and 2IC again. They drove back to the base. Before they got out of the car they looked at each other once more "I do love you " Jack said

"I love you too, but regs" she said

"I know" he replied "I'm going to retire" he announced

"Jack you can't"

"Don't argue"

"No I mean I went for a job interview the other week I was hoping if I got the job..."

"You can't leave"

"It was a job at the base" she assured him

"But...." Jack was confused by this why leave SG-1.

"This way I work on the base but I'll be a scientist not an officer"

"Why?"

"what do you mean Why?"

"Why did you go for the job?"

"It meant, I could may be see you, as I knew I couldn't date you with the regs and everything and I couldn't break the regs."

"When will you know if you've got the job?"

"Either today or tomorrow"

(epilogue)

The man that performed the ritual went home, Sam got the job and about a year later Sam and Jack got married, Daniel was best man and Teal'c was best Jaffa. Cassandra was bridesmaid and Janet was the maid of honour. Jacob approved and Hammond was over the moon. FINALLY.

The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Sara B & Miss Wendy