Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

If I Would Tell You

by Sandra
[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
If I Would Tell You

If I Would Tell You

by Sandra

Title: If I Would Tell You
Author: Sandra
Email:MishaNova2000@aol.com
Status: Completed...but part of a series
Category: Teal'c and Janet
Spoilers: None really, this is just me projecting
Season/Sequel Info: Third Season, wouldn't you agree? Sequel to Maybe I'm Amazed...I know, I know, I have to stop with song fics...
Rating: G (Yay, my first G rated story *must resist smut, must resist...*)
Content Warning: Warning, eh? Well, aside from the complete and utter disregard for the facts and protocol (yeah, I *do* know about them; I just chose not to abide by them) no warning necessary.
Summary: Don't have one again...(and yes, it's still a direct result of not thinking up a plot before I start writing)...I'd call it a drabble, but I just *cannot* write anything under 100 words--the disclaimer alone is 75 words...
Disclaimer: Once again, I do not own *any* of the Stargate characters, they're the proud possession of Gekko and MGM. I am not making money on this, even though I could use some--summer's fast approaching, you know! I'm writing it for the sheer pleasure of frolicking in the Stargate Universe...and there's nothing on TV at the moment. Plus, if you sue me...I'll flee the country and leave you my cats. And they *bite*!!! Hard!
Author's Notes: I felt like writing--so sue me! Although I do promise I'll never (yeah, I know I said that the last time, too!) do another song fic. The song belongs to The Kelly Family. Who? Well, they were big in Germany while I still lived in Europe. I liked them...and it had nothing to do with the number of cute guys in it.

Teal'c felt a hand land on his shoulder. He was about to growl at the uninvited contact, but opened his eyes to be greeted by a pair of smiling brown eyes.

"Teal'c, glad to see I still have somebody to pick on! The space-monkey just hasn't been in a perky mood lately." O'Neill dragged a chair to sit closer to his bedside. Teal'c didn't respond and O'Neill frowned.

"You okay?"

Teal'c raised an eyebrow,

"I am well, O'Neill..."

O'Neill chuckled,

"You seem...grumpy."

"I am not!"

Jack fought the urge to laugh at the Jaffa and proceeded to hide a squished object underneath his fatigues. He smiled and pulled out a candy bar, waving it in front of Teal'c. Teal'c gave him an annoyed glance, focusing his attention elsewhere as he grabbed the dark candy.

"Figures...I knew there was something that would make you feel better." Jack chirped, following Teal'c's line of vision. Jack's eyes landed curiously on Dr. Frasier, who was fast closing the distance between them.

"Colonel O'Neill! I saw *that*!" she stopped when she reached the bed. Jack cleared his throat. He couldn't for the life of him figure out what was going on. One moment he's on his way to cheer up a friend, the next he has an irritated woman castigating him, and a *very* grumpy Teal'c staring at him. And then a little light bulb magically appeared above Jack's head.

'Wait...she never mothers me *that* way. Hmm, what do we have here?'Jack's lips curled into a very evil smile as he shot Janet a scheming look.

"What's the problem, Doc?" Jack put on his best innocent face. He was determined to have fun with this one.

"He's not allowed to have sweets...If you haven't noticed, he's still recuperating." Janet crossed her arms defensively.

"It's *only* chocolate, Doc." Jack raised his eyebrows, and regretted his remark immediately. Janet uncrossed her arms and placed them on her hips, preparing to launch into a medical rant. Jack closed his eyes and slumped in his chair.

"Do I have to point out that he is not to have solid food for at least a week? You want to have him off active duty longer than necessary? Need I remind you he's been fed intravenously for two weeks? Do you know how his anatomy will react to *only* chocolate, Colonel?" Janet was on a roll.

Jack lowered his head in half-defeat,

"It's his favorite." He offered as an explanation.

Janet sighed and shook her head.

Teal'c didn't find this nearly as amusing as the two nurses stationed near them did. One of them was grinning from ear to ear, and the other tried to inch her way closer to the spectacle.

Teal'c kept glancing from O'Neill to Dr. Frasier, fascinated by Janet's ability to harass the Colonel. One of the pesky nurses reached into her lab-coat where the completely unauthorized pocket radio rested on mute and pulled it out, returning it to her friend who was busy watching Dr. Frasier bicker with that cute SG-1 Colonel. The very nosy nurse grabbed the little plastic thing, not even registering what it was, green eyes glued to the scene intently. As her fingers wrapped around it, the mute button fell off, as it often happens with cheap gadgets and the thing blared off, filling the room with a guitar riff followed by a very idle male voice.

'If I would tell you

How much you mean to me

I think you wouldn't understand it...'

Janet froze and stopped her tormenting as Jack gave a grateful sigh, glancing from Janet to Teal'c like he was watching a ping pong game. He grinned, 'Oh, I bet *I* would understand it!' He glared as Dr. Frasier's cheeks became suspiciously pink and Teal'c pasted a detached expression on his face.

Teal'c frowned mentally, shaking his head with incredulity. This was indeed a strange day. This was the second time today that he had heard Earth music in the infirmary and the second time that it affected him rather acutely. Two for two, as O'Neill would say. Teal'c's jaw tightened as he finally comprehended why Tau'ri were so fond of this...music. It seemingly had a purpose to entertain, but for individuals, it became a source of...expression. And currently he was one of those individuals.

'So I'll wait, I'll wait

Until this day comes

And you will understand me...'

Teal'c glanced up at Dr. Frasier and bore his thoughtful brown into hers. 'She *would* understand...' he thought with confidence.

Janet Frasier averted her eyes from her patient and eyed her nurses angrily. Both of them had mortified expressions on their young faces and fumbled with the pocket radio, trying to find the volume knob. The song was so loud that Janet was pretty sure she was going to have a very irritated General knocking on her door imminently. She cringed as the racket continued, barely registering the static filled words.

'But I can't help myself

I can't stop myself

I am going crazy...'

Oh, she was going crazy alright! Who in gods' names wrote this thing? She had a feeling she should write something to that effect every 28 days or so, but then stopped herself as her 2IC dropped the radio to the floor and the melody immediately cleared of all static.

'And I can't stop myself

Can I control myself?

I am going crazy...'

Yes, yes...can't control myself. I'll kill those nurses! What were they thinking, bringing *that* into the infirmary?! She was going to let it pass the first time, but there was no chance in hell she was going to do that now. They crossed the line...and by that, she meant the line between her composed and very alarmed self. Did they really need to play all these love songs with *him* around?

'And I love you, I want you,

I wanna talk to you,

I wanna be with you...'

Apparently, yes. She quietly groaned and clutched her chart, turning her attention from the now very mortified nurses to her patient and the Colonel. She wished she had a nice, comfortable hole she could crawl into, preferably in a far, faraway galaxy as she noted the look on Jack O'Neill's face. He eyed her humorously, crossing his arms across his chest, eyebrows raising high on his forehead. Oh boy...she was going to be hearing seriously exaggerated rumors as soon as the Colonel left the infirmary. She had every intention on grabbing that radio and flinging it out the window if her nurses didn't get the volume down soon...the song was dangerously familiar to her present state of mind.

'I can not change it

I'm sure not making it...

One big hell of a fuss'

*Was* she just making an elephant out of an ant? She flinched as she started confusing her aphorisms the way her patient often did. This was seriously out of control and she was going to put a stop to it right now! She turned around and started walking toward the annoying little piece of plastic, but froze abruptly.

'I cannot turn my back

I've got to face the fact

Life without you is hazy...'

The words stopped her like a giant hand pulling her by her collar and she turned around, apprehensive as her chaotic and thoroughly irrational mind suggested she go back to her patient A.S.A.P disregarding the room full of potential gossip-oriented suspects. She slowly walked over to his bed and held onto the metal rail observing him intently, lips suddenly feeling dry.

'So I'll wait, I'll wait

Until this day comes

And you will understand me...'

One of the nurses finally found a way other then smashing the bloody thing to pieces to turn it off and the last lyrics trailed off quietly as Jack stirred in his chair. Somewhat startled by the sudden and total silence that ensued, Janet took a deep breath and composed herself,

"You were just about to leave, I am right, Colonel?" she eyed him, making sure he understood that that wasn't a question.

"Uh, of course Doc..." he looked at Teal'c and patted his shoulder.

Jack grinned to himself and exited the room with a nod, promising rumors already forming in his head.

Janet raised her eyebrows and gave him an awkward smile, signing off on his med chart.

"Okay, well...you seem to be doing better, so...I expect to have you up and running by...Friday..." she found it hard to look up from the chart and read through his statistics for the fiftieth time, committing them to memory.

"That it... satisfactory." He inclined his head watching her face, hoping she would look up.

She did.

She could actually feel the little pigments in her skin heat up and change color so she looked away again, straightening out the small wrinkled part of the bedding.

She gave him a strictly professional nod, slowly turned away and walked off to the nurses' station.

What she actually wanted to do was stay and...talk to him. While she listened to the song earlier, a few thoughts came to mind. She *could* tell him that she has developed some...hmm, no, it was just the *stupid* song.

'Couldn't they play some non-love songs...? Do those even exist?' she wondered and reached her desk. She carefully sat down, lowering the chart next to her computer and clicked the mouse, watching the screen saver disperse and Teal'c's file appear.

Teal'c involuntarily raised his eyebrow as he thought. Deciding that the proper way to handle this...situation was to ask Dr. Frasier to...well, he didn't know what he wanted to ask, but he just knew he should...and soon.

He untangled himself from the sheets and cautiously tested his legs against the cold tiles.

He nodded to himself and stood straight, trying not to think of the benefits his larval symbiote provided.

He quietly made his way to the her dim office and stopped at the door, leaning against the doorframe calmly. He watched her typing away at the computer and resisted the urge to clear his throat. He slowly approached the blissfully unsuspecting Dr. Frasier.

'What were the words of the song...?' he narrowed his eyes in thought, standing silently behind her back.

'So I'll wait, I'll wait

Until this day comes

And you will understand me...'

'It would seem the day has come,'he contemplated as his hand slipped gently to her shoulder.

*The End* (aren't I evil?)

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Sandra