Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Maybe I'm amazed

by Sandra
[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Maybe I'm Amazed

Maybe I'm Amazed

by Sandra

Title: Maybe I'm amazed
Author: Sandra
Email:MishaNova2000@aol.com
Status: Completed...but part of a series (I think)
Category: Teal'c and Janet
Spoilers: None really, this is just me projectingJ
Season/Sequel Info: Third Season, wouldn't you agree?
Rating: I'd like to leave it a surprise, but I heard ratings are underrated in the USA and quite necessary, so let's say PG
Content Warning: Ah...it's very addictive (to me, at least)
Summary: Don't have one yet (A direct result of not thinking up a plot before I start writing)
Disclaimer: Once again, I do not own any of the Stargate characters, they're the proud possession of Gekko and MGM. I am not making money on this...I'm writing it for the sheer pleasure of frolicking in the Stargate Universe. Plus, if you sue me...I'll flee the country and leave you my cats. That oughta teach you...
Author's Notes: The song at the beginning belongs to Paul McCartney. It hit me one day when we were doing karaoke (don't even bother asking, can't remember much of it) and didn't want to leave until I wrote it down on a napkin. For all the grammar and spelling stuff, please forgive me - I wrote this in a very short amount of time so all the plot inconsistencies (Plot? What Plot? That word presents quite an unfamiliar concept to me) are an edifice to *my* shame. Enjoy and you know what they say about feedback - Writers like it, fan fic writers need it badly!

'Maybe I'm amazed
At the way you love me all the time...'

Janet Frasier looked down at her patient and blushed slightly. Who in gods' name allowed music in the infirmary? The song rang out in her head as her intelligent brown eyes focused on the dark frame. She unconsciously smiled as the patient stirred. He was regaining his strength again. He had her so worried when she saw his motionless physique dragged through the Gate. Looking back at it now, she winced in embarrassment as her own 'over-reactions' resurfaced. She almost knocked down half the people in her path. At the time it seemed like a question of life and death, but later Sam laughed her, er, behind off, pointing out Janet's little speed of light rescue. It didn't take long for Sam to start cracking jokes at her expense. Janet closed her eyes and shook her head, grinning widely. Right now it didn't matter what Sam--or anybody else--thought. The only thing that mattered was Teal'c recovering. She knew he would, but the little pessimistic voice in her head kept scaring her with tales of pulmonary relapses and clumping arteries. The lyrics echoed through the sterile room, startling her into reality.

'Maybe I'm afraid of the way I love you...'

Teal'c didn't dare breathe. The room was too bright for his liking and the pain in his chest was still clearly present. However, that wasn't what kept him so inert. It was the sight of Janet Frasier--standing over him, her eyes closed, her head tilted ever so slightly as she enjoyed the soft earth music. Teal'c strained to decipher the melodic words.

'Maybe I'm amazed
At the way you pulled me out of time
And hung me on a line...'

Teal'c raised an eyebrow, acknowledging the lyrics. She has indeed 'pulled him out' yet again. He might have been deeply unconscious, but his symbiote provided a link to the reality. He recalled hearing her concerned voice as her hands instinctively landed on his forehead and wrist. Janet Frasier was truly a great master at her profession, and he wasn't afraid to admit that without her he might not be quite as alive as he was.

'Maybe I'm amazed
At the way I really need you...'

The music continued as Teal'c struggled to remain unmoving. He wasn't sure if he was fully conscious yet, but the words that resonated in the uncorrupted chamber affected him greatly.

'Maybe I'm a man and maybe I'm a lonely man
Who's in the middle of something,
That he doesn't really understand.'

Yes, that indeed sounded like his situation. He was alone. Alone in a still unfamiliar world that he had no chance of completely comprehending regardless of what his life span would be. And yet, whenever he observed Dr. Frasier, a spark of hope ran up his spine and provided him with a warm, comforting feeling. He had not explored why that was until this moment.

'Maybe I'm a man
And maybe you're the only woman
Who could ever help me
Baby, won't you help me understand?'

"Teal'c! You're awake." Dr. Frasier almost dropped his medical chart. One minute she's listening to the lovely melody and the next she opened her eyes to be greeted by a pair of deep brown eyes. Eyes that showed almost as much confusion as she felt.

"Yes, Dr. Frasier..." he inclined his head and she tilted hers inquiringly. She watched as he opened his full lips to say something, remained silent for a moment and then closed them, apparently changing his mind about speaking.

"Uh, well. How do you feel?" she thanked the gods her physician's skills still knew when to kick in.

He raised his eyebrows in that deliciously boyish manner and spoke,

"What is the expression O'Neill is so fond of?"

Janet chuckled,

"Feel like you were hit by a truck?"

Teal'c nodded and a comfortable silence ensued between them. One of the nurses decided to increase the volume on the stereo.

'Maybe I'm amazed
At the way you're with me all the time
Maybe I'm afraid of the way I leave you'

Janet cursed whichever nurse it was and glanced at her patient. He held her gaze, his eyes holding no emotion to a casual observer. However, Janet wasn't just anybody***she *knew* this man. She knew him inside and out, knew almost every inch of his body, knew his soft spots, knew his unspoken opinions. That's why she unknowingly grinned as the brown gazes locked in a moment of unpredicted repose.

'Maybe I'm amazed
At the way you help me sing my song
Right me when I'm wrong
Maybe I'm amazed
At the way I really need you'

*End for now *

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Sandra