Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Sooner or Later

by Sandra
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Sooner or Later

Sooner or Later

by Sandra

Title: Sooner or Later
Author: Sandra
Email:MishaNova2000@aol.com
Status: Completed
Category: Sam and Daniel
Spoilers: Yup, a nice one forForever in a Day
Season/Sequel Info: Set after third season (the one in my sick little mind, that is)
Rating: PG-13 or R (depends for whom you voted at the last elections)
Content Warning: Sexual situation, but nothing outrageously juicy
Summary: Since a few of my dear friends got hooked on this Sam/Daniel stuff, here's some more for you guys.
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the SG-1 characters (and no, the clonesdo notcount!), they belong to MGM and Gekko, I believe.
Author's Notes: Hey guys, I got some nice words of praise last two times (which may or may not be a good thing - now you only encouraged me) and I'll be ecstatic if you keep the feedback coming. It's quite addictive, you know.

When Sha're died, I found a thin necklace with a gold cross pendant on my desk. I didn't know at the time what it meant or who left it for me - I honestly didn't care about anything other than my pain. Time passed quickly, but the ache stayed. I still proceeded to go on missions off-world. Sam, Jack, Teal'c and Janet were careful around me, but soon started acting like nothing happened. I liked it that way, I must admit. It was easier to think Sha're had never existed, and that all that suffering was a bad dream. As I adjusted to my newly found freedom, I stumbled upon something in my desk drawer. I felt the cool, slender string of gold accommodate to my fingers. I pulled it out and observed the small symbol and was surprised to see there was a small black card lying next to it. I carefully opened it and read the white inscription, tears forming in my eyes.

'I believe, yes, that the imagination is better than knowledge. I believe that the myth is more powerful than history, and that dreams are more important than facts. I believe that hope always conquers experience, and that laughter is the only cure for sadness. And, yes, I believe that loveis stronger than death.'

I accepted that at that very moment my eyes welled up with something other than tears of grief. I put the gold thread around my neck, and stood up looking to thank the person who brought the first instant of alleviation to my miserable existence.

I didn't find her that day. She had gone off-world with Jack for a series of negotiations with an advanced tribe on Vij'ay, which left me with almost a week to do some serious thinking. That night I fell asleep with my friend's beautiful blue eyes stuck in my mind. The following night I drifted off to sleep with her voice softly whispering my name. By day three, my heart and mind were at war. The chaotic reality set in and I realized whom I was fantasying about. My best friend, my devoted anchor in painful times, my love.

She returned two days later. I watched her attractive physique step out of the Gate. She was smiling and searching the room for something. The General greeted them and she left for the locker room. I decided she should finish with all the pre-debriefing activities before I talked to her. I sighed realizing I wasafraidto talk to my friend. I didn't really know what I wanted to talk about, but I felt something close to a frantic need, and I needed to know why I couldn't fall asleep at night unless her vision filled my mind.

I entered the debriefing chamber and sat in my seat, waiting for Sam to appear. When she walked in I almost jumped out of my seat. She immediately glanced at me, feeling my eyes on her. She gave me an excited smile and scooted next to me. I'm afraid I stared at her full lips like nothing else existed as she spoke,

"We missed you on this mission, Daniel. You should have seen what their customs were like," she chuckled excitedly. She finally looked in my eyes and suddenly stopped talking. I thought she was either going to slap me or laugh at my love-struck expression. She did neither as our eyes locked in silent communication. For a moment it seemed like blue lightening bolts passed from my eyes to hers. Oh, I've never experienced such passion without actual physical contact. Hell, I don't remembereverexperiencing that kind of emotion. Every feeling in my life prior to this grew into love out of attachment, butthiswas sudden and electrifying. I wanted to speak of my revelations but other voices came into focus.

"Well, General, I don't know what to say. You see one alien planet, you've seen them all." Jack scratched his head.

"Right, Colonel," the General shook his head, "Major, I presumeyourreport will be a little more extensive?"

Sam nodded still deep in thought, tapping her lithe fingers on the delicate mahogany. I glanced at her and felt like grabbing her hands and kissing them infinitely. My eyes glided from her short blond locks and her angelic blue eyes to her soft, pearly neck. I had to stop myself and concentrate on General Hammond.

"Well, I guess this is just one of those days." He half murmured to no one in particular, "Your next mission is scheduled in three days..."

General continued but I once again left reality. I turned my face and was greeted by a pair of the most revealing blue eyes. My heart stopped for a short second. I remembered Sha're and realized it wasn't just her who changed; I changed, as well. I've grown. After she was taken for the first time, I felt there was nothing to sense anymore. Then I met Sam and she challenged me in every imaginable way - emotionally, physically, and scientifically. And I was sensing quite a lot right now.

I looked around. The room was empty and Sam sat next to me like a precious marble statue. I wanted to open my mouth and say something - anything - but she stood up.

"I have paperwork to finish." She whispered and started for the door.

"Sam!"

She gave me a frightened glance. I walked next to her and opened the doors. We stepped out in silence and walked to her lab without speaking a single word. She knew what happened to me while she was gone. It's that silent communication thing we do so well. She opened the doors and I went in, not waiting for an invitation. She walked over to her table and dropped a new file on top of some old ones. She turned to me, her expression one of total hesitation and apprehension. I leaned against the door, unsure of what to say or do first.

Pleasantly surprising, she took the first step and suddenly appeared in front of me with anxious tears in her eyes. She lifted her cool fingers and traced my lips, observing them with concentration. I couldn't move. I didn't know if this was one of my depraved dreams or reality. She pressed her supple lips to mine in a melodious kiss.

Oh, this was reality.

I placed one hand on her delicate shoulder and deepened the tender kiss. She nestled close to me and I started nuzzling on her creamy neck. She moaned softly, and I turned her around so she was pinned to the door under my body. She struggled in false decline, but relaxed under my touch. I enveloped her in a lustful embrace, sliding my cold hands under her cotton T-shirt. She dug her nails into my back and arched under my kisses.

This was not how I imagined our first time. I pictured it slow and tender, but realized I wanted her too much to restrain my hands from her burning body. She apparently felt the same as her hands started unbuckling my pants. Her shirt was the first to fly to the amazingly horizontal floor. I panted as her silky black bra made me stop and admire Sam's beauty. She kissed me, and I kissed back firmly, hungry for the taste of her lips.

I've never felt this degree of desire - it never felt like an emergency - and time was never a scarcity. I cursed the person who invented clothes as both of us practically wrestled with a carnality I was surprised to discover I possessed. I leaned into her face, leaving a trail of kisses down her cheek. She looked at my second layer of clothing, a childish pout on her face.

"Okay, I'm taking it off..." I started but she grabbed me by the black T-shirt into a short, lustful kiss. Impatiently, she pulled my T-shirt off and dragged her hands over my bare chest, lingering for a while near my heart. She observed the fast rhythm of my heart for a few painfully seductive moments.

I couldn't stand it any more.

"Sam..." I groaned, and she distractedly gazed into my eyes. She smiled mischievously and slid her hands down my abdomen, and into my pants. I returned the favor as her pants miraculously landed on the floor. I pushed them away with my foot, never leaving her more than a millimeter away from my body. I didn't let her out of my embrace as we settled on the floor. She smiled against my lips as the cold floor shocked her. She removed her right hand from my back and brought it to caress my cheek. I closed my eyes in pleasure, enjoying the tender moment but soon opened them in amazement as I felt her long legs close around my hips. She was staring at the dangling pendant around my neck with a happy smile. The little dimples in her cheeks drove me crazy and I pressed against her.

"Daniel, now." She whispered softly.

I obeyed and she extended her hand in the air at the sudden contact and accidentally knocked down a few files of her desk.

I soon forgot what day it was, where I was, and for that matter what my name was. There was one thing I did remembered, and it was her name. A name so innocent and yet so arousing, and so very mine.

"Sam!" I cried out as our worlds came together in a wave of bliss and understanding.

In that instant it dawned on me - I loved her more than I believed possible. She provided me with something so unbelievably essential to my existence - her love. There was no denying it as her blue eyes focused on my lips, reflecting what I hoped was apparent in my eyes. Evidently, it was. She panted underneath me and chuckled as I asked,

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I thought it would happen by itself sooner or later. All good things do." She exhaled, still recovering. I kissed her lovely lips, thinking how she was always right. All good things did happen sooner or later.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Sandra