Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Infirmary Confessions

by Rogue Solider
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Infirmary Confessions

Infirmary Confessions

by Rogue Solider

Title: Infirmary Confessions
Author: Rogue Solider
Email: imp007@hvc.rr.com
Category: Romance
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: adult themes
Summary: Nearly losing Carter prompts Jack to tell how he feels.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

"Dial now Daniel." Jack yelled as he returned fire at the Jaffa patrols. They began to signal the group's position with their horns. Teal'c provided cover as Daniel jumped up to push the glyphs. Jack turned and saw Jaffa reinforcements on the way.

"Everyone through the gate now" Jack yelled as the wormhole opened.

Daniel dove through, a staff weapon shot just missing him. A shot went by Jack's head, sending trees splintering through the air. He motioned for Carter to fall back as he loaded the last mag into his gun. He took cover from another staff weapon and crawled back to Carter and Teal'c.

"Teal'c, you and Carter go now. I'll cover ya." Jack said before standing and opening fire again. Teal'c stepped through the gate next, with Carter only a few feet behind him. Time seemed to be in slow motion as the serpent guard fired. He knew that it would hit Carter and jumped in front of her. All he could think of was what losing her would do to him; he had no concern for his own life. The force of the shot spun him around as he fell through the gate.

Landing roughly he tumbled down the ramp and heard General Hammond's voice calling a medical team. He wanted to speak, to ask if everyone was ok, but he just couldn't get the words out before everything went black.

"Your lucky Colonel, a few inches to the left and it'd be serious." Dr. Fraiser said as she wrote down his stats on the chart. He slowly opened his eyes; the room was blurry. He blinked a few times and his surroundings came into focus. He turned and looked around the infirmary.

"How's everyone doing Doc?" He asked as he tried to sit up.

"Easy there Colonel." Dr Fraiser said as she put a few pillows behind him.

The door swung open and he could smell the scent of flowers. He knew the smell well; it was Sam's soap. He lost himself in the thought of her arms around him. He knew there would have to be a mission report to the General; he hoped he could avoid answering questions. He couldn't say that he had jumped in front of Sam because he loved her. God, that would break so many of the regs he'd lived by since he was 18.

He watched her walk through the room, even in her fatigues she looked sexy to him. He looked into her eyes, deep blue oceans that he could lose himself in forever. He fought the urge to reach for her, reminding himself that she was his 2IC.

"Sir, good to see you're feeling better. " she smiled as she took a seat next to him.

"I'll be great once Doc stops sticking me with those damn needles" he replied.

Sam laughed at his remark, back to his old self already.

"Sir, thank you. Why did you risk yourself?" she noticed as he looked away for a moment and did not answer.

"Captain, see to it that the Colonel gets some rest, I'll be back later to check on you sir." Dr. Fraiser said as she pulled the door shut behind herself.

He wasn't sure if this was the time to admit his feelings to her, but he knew he had to answer her. He reached for her hand and looked into her eyes.

"I don't know how to tell you this. I couldn't bear the thought of losing you. My life was empty after Charlie's death. I have never been complete since then, but then you came into my life. I love you Sam. I need you. I don't care how many regs I'm breaking, I'll resign if I have to. I want to be with you."

He saw her eyes swell and a tear streak down her cheek. He hoped his words had not upset her. She turned to look at him. A smile formed on her lips. His eyes were some deep, so full of love.

"Jack, you're all I have wanted since the first time I saw you. I love you too." She saw the effect this had on him. The worry was gone from his face, he smiled for the first time in weeks.

He leaned in and kissed her, his lips softly brushing against hers. He broke the kiss and looked at her, memorizing her face. He smirked, thinking how he would have to write this one up for the general.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Rogue Solider