Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Monsoon

by Rain
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Monsoon

Monsoon

by Rain

Title: Monsoon
Author: Rain
Email: raven_guest@hotmail.com
Category: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance, Series
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/other
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: violence
Summary: Third in my Rain/Isis series, this one is actually two stories I couldn't seperate.It'll be easier to understand if you've read 'Isis' and 'Return of the Rain.'
Sequel to: 'Return of the Rain' and 'Isis'
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

SG-1

Episode; Monsoon.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate Tuesdays? I can't even remember why, I just do, drive me nuts, they just dont seem to end!!!Yes, it's Tuesday again. I feel like I'm having a month of Tuesdays, they just keep sneaking up on me. Oh well, that's life. I've been with the SGC for 6 months now. Jack's happy as he won the bet, I bet he would be sick of me in 6 months, I made the mistake of putting 50 bucks on it! I was only kidding! Thing is, I cant wiggle out of it as I was the stupid person to bring it up! So I'm 50 bucks poorer and Jack's been walking around with a big grin on his face, like the cat that got the proverbial dairy product!! sigh Note to self, never make a bet with Jack, and if you do, dont mention it so he forgets!! He's been teasing me all day. He's starting to give me a headache, but maybe that's not Jack, maybe I'm just tired. Haven't been sleeping enough recently, can't figure out why though, I'm not worried about anything, and I'm not ill or stressed, just an unintentional insomniac. The worst part is Jack's been feeling guilty about it, don't know why, and he's insisting upon sitting up with me until I drift off which means he's not sleeping either. I can go without sleep for much longer than he can so he's getting a little irritable with everyone, especially poor Daniel. But I guess Daniel's used to it by now...

'Man, I'm whacked.' Jack thinks to himself as he walks down the corridor to Daniel and Rain's office. He shakes his head to try and wake himself up, but it doesn't really work. He arrives at the office and knocks before entering. The scene he witnesses wakes him up instantly. 'What in the hell are you two doing?' Jack says, a little too loudly as he closes the door. 'Reading.' Daniel says, looking up from the book. He's lying on his couch with Rain lying on his chest with her eyes closed. 'But she's asleep.'
'I wish!' Rain opens one eye and smiles at Jack. 'How could you be reading if her eyes are closed.' 'She's reading it from my thoughts, she read to me earlier.' Daniel says innocently, neither of them seem to see why there is a problem. 'You read to each other?'
'Sure.' Rain says with a smile. 'We both wanted to read the same book and this prevented arguements.' She grinned brightly at him. 'Whatcha reading?' Jack asks, trying to hide his suspicion and frustration. 'Ancient Mythology.' Rain says, still smiling, although looking extremely tired. 'Gee, that sounds like fun! Is he trying to bore you to sleep?' Jack asks sarcastically. Rain giggles. 'No! You are so mean Jack. I love mythology, especially the bits about my friend Isis.' Jack raises an eyebrow and sinks into a seat. Rain gets up carefully from the couch, careful not the stand on Daniel, and walks over to him. 'You ok Jack?' she looks at him in concern. 'Yeah, sure, you betcha.'
'Jack.' she says in the kind of voice that reminds him of a mother scolding a child. 'What?'
'You can't lie to me mister so dont try!' 'I'm just tired.'
'Me too.' she rubs her eyes slightly and yawns. 'And it's only Tuesday!' 'I know.' he says dejectedly.

Two hours later they are in the briefing room, listening to the General talking about their next mission to planet pdx596. Where they came up for these names Jack would never know. Carter had tried to explain it to him once, but he could only follow up to the point where she said; 'it's like this sir..' and proceeded to technobabble. He asked for a translation from Rain, but she could only read it from Carter's head and couldn't put it in laymens terms. The mission they were about to embark upon was to collect naqueda samples from the planet to see how pure it was, if it was of any use to them. Jack hated these kind of missions, they were usually so dull he would rather nail his tongue to the table than go, but at least Rain was going to be there, she had a way of livening things up. Rain turned to look at him as he was thinking this and raised an eyebrow. 'You got any idea of what he's being saying for the last hour?' Jack asked her in his head. 'Actually yes. I listen solely for the purpose of bailing your ass out of trouble when the General asks you any questions.' she grinned. He was going to come back with a witty comment but he realised the General was looking at him, so thought better of it. '....any questions?' the General looked around the table. 'If that's the case, you are dismissed, you leave in one hour.' They all stood to leave and get ready for the mission. 'So Colonel, would you like me to debrief the debriefing for you?' Rain giggled. 'We're collecting naqueda, what else do we need to know?' 'Well there are the hazards...'
'What hazards?'
'You didn't listen to the part about the planets hazards?' she pretended to look surprised. He raised an eyebrow at her. She giggled. 'Well....there are the planet's women...' she said, her face deceptively devoid of emotion. 'What about them?' Jack asked a grin on his face. 'Well, the women are giants with huge clubs, similar to neolithic people that lived on earth millions of years ago. They hate men,, bludgeon them to death and drag them back to their caves.' she said innocently. 'Sure they do.' he said with a grin.
'Seriously Sir.' Carter added from behind them. 'Really?' Jack was starting to get a little worried now. Rain and Sam burst into laughter at his expression. 'Hey, that's not fair, that could count as insubordination!' he said, trying to sound serious. 'Bring it on.' Rain said smiling.
'I'll have you both courtmarshalled.'
By this time Rain and Carter had headed off to the ladies room and left him shouting after them in the corridor. He sighed. 'Women!'

An hour later, SG-1 were stood on the ramp waiting for the Stargate to dial up. Jack was thinking of ways to get Rain and Sam back, but then realised it was no use as Rain was always one step ahead of him, what with the mind reading thing. She smiled at him in a 'don't even think about it' kind of way which made him melt. She giggled before heading through the gate. 'Damn she looks good in those fatigues.' he thought as he stepped through after her. The planet they had just arrived at was...well....beautiful. Even Jack had to admit it. Lush green vegetation everywhere, beautiful flowers, huge blossoms in every colour, bird's singing from the branches of trees heavy with fruit. 'My god.' Jack breathed.
'This is how I always expected Eden to be.' Rain said with a smile. She looked in her element, Jack had noticed her apprecaition for everything alive. She adored nature, they always went on long walks, but never got very far as Rain had to apprecaite every tree and plant. She seemed to have a feeling for all living things, she could tell if a plant was dying, even if it looked healthy, she could read the thoughts of insects, everything. The Goa'ould homeworld was rather barren as far as life was concerned. She clearly flourished where she was surrounded by life. He knew the affect the base had upon her, being locked underground for long periods of time upset her, there weren't even windows for her to see trees and sky from. At that moment she was knee deep in thick, soft grass, smelling the flowers, humming to herself. He smiled, he couldn't help himself, she was like a child in her innocence he thought. She turned and looked at him and smiled. Daniel had joined her and the two of them were stroking the petels of a yellow flower the size of a dinner plate. The two of them were chatting to each other in Latin. He hated that. He hated it when Daniel insisted on speaking to her in a foreign language, he hated being excluded from her in any sense of the word. He could feel anger begining to surface, but he pushed it back down when Rain looked at him in surprise. He rolled his eyes, he knew she was going to tell him off. She just grinned and gestured for him to come look at the flowers. He sighed and walked down to them.
Carter had her instruments out, measuring atmospheric pressure and such like, clearly enjoying herself as much as Rain was. Teal'c stood on guard, always expecting the worst case scenerio. Rain ran over to him and dragged him over to look at the plants. Daniel had begun to sneeze, the pollen affecting his hayfever. Rain giggled and handed him a tissue. 'Sorry, I forgot about the hayfever.'
'Aaaaachooo! sniff. It's ok.' he said, his voice sounding bunged up. 'Come here silly creature.' she said. She put her hands either side of his head, closed her eyes and stood in silence for a moment. Daniel looked slightly scared, but just stood there. 'There you go.' she grinned.
Daniel tried to breathe and found his nose wasn't irritated anymore. 'Wow! Thanks.' He hugged her tightly.
Jack narrowed his eyes and tried to breathe. 'He is much too friendly with her.' he thought, getting a little angry. Rain tried to change the subject. 'The naqueda is.......'she took several big steps. 'riiiiiight here!.' she said with a grin. 'How did you know that? Carter asked, examining her many instruments. 'Just a feeling.' she giggled.
Jack walked back to the gate to collect their digging materials. Rain's eyes widened. 'You're gunna dig it up?' 'Well unless you can click your fingers and save us the trouble.' Jack retorted, still a little mad. 'Nu huh, no, you're not, you can't, there's a tree right over it.' 'Aaaaaannnnndddd?'
'You can't kill it!.'
He thought she was kidding, but she looked genuinely upset. 'You're kidding right?'
She stood, her hands on her hips in a 'do I look like I'm kidding?' stance. 'Rain, we have to get the naqueda, I'm sorry about the tree, but it has to be done.' She looked like she was going to cry, and Jack softened obviously. 'We can't get to it otherwise.'
'Ok' she said sadly. 'But can I stand over here and not watch.' she looked at them all pleadingly. 'Of course.' he said gently.
'Teal'c can you help me with this. Carter, you take readings for any other substances in the soil.' The three of them got to work, Teal'c and Jack began to dig about the trees roots. Daniel sat with Rain, which Jack noticed. He began to take it out on the soil and the trees roots. Rain sat clutching her head in pain.
'Oh my god. Are you ok Rain?'
'I can feel it.' she said loudly.
Jack looked over to her. 'You can feel what?' 'The tree! I can feel it, it hurts like hell!' He looked at her in sympathy. 'I can stop.' 'Too late, put the poor thing out of it's misery.' she said through clenched teeth. Jack and Teal'c tried to hurry it up, when they were done, the tree was leaning, half destroyed, looking very sorry for itself. Daniel had his arm around Rain's shoulders, comforting her. Jack began to growl deep in his throat. Teal'c looked at him in surprise. 'Are you unwell O'Neill?' he asked in concern. 'Oh I'm just peachy.' he said through clenched teeth. 'We're done Rain.' Jack shouted over to them. Daniel jumped and turned to look at Jack. When he saw the look on his face he let go of Rain's shoulders as though he had gotten an electric shock from her. They began to harvest the naqueda, collecting all they could, although it was not as much as they had hoped. When they were done Rain looked at the tree sadly. 'Stand back.' she said determinedly.
They all took a step backwards and looked at her in curiosity. 'What are you intending to do?' Teal'c asked. 'Isis says she can fix it.'
Rain grabbed the tree about the truck and pushed it upright again. She closed her eyes and put her palms upon the bark. 'Hopefully, that should do it.'
'How the hell.....?'
'How did you move that tree?' Sam stared at her. 'It wasn't heavy.' she said innocently. 'Teal'c and I couldn't move it!!!' Jack said in astonishment. She smiled and skipped off, shouting over her shoulder. 'I know where there's more naqueda that doesn't involve carnage of trees!' SG-1 trekked after her to higher ground. The plant life was very different here, the trees looked less lively and the plants less lush. Rain frowned and began to whisper under her breath. The plants seemed to pick up a little. 'The ground is no good for them.' she said sadly. 'Where's the naqueda?'
'Over here.' they followed her to the area she indicated.

An hour later they had collected all the naqueda they could carry and headed back to the gate. As they headed back through the lusher plants, many colours of pollen rubbed off upon their uniform. 'Well it brightens them up a little.' Daniel said with a grin. Jack frowned at him, still not happy about how he acted around Rain. 'Ow, do any of you have a headache?' Rain asked, clutching her head. 'Nope.'
'I do not.'
'Not since you stopped my hayfever.'
'Now that you mention it, I do.' Carter said thoughtfully. 'But nothing serious, well not yet anyway.' 'You ok Rain?' Daniel asked in concern. 'Yeah, I'm fine, it just doesn't feel like a normal headache, that's all.' 'I know what you mean, it's not really an ache, it's more discomfort, it stings on and off as well.' 'Yes, that's a better description.' Rain replied to Carter. 'And it's getting worse.' Carter said, begining to clutch her head. The closer to the gate they got, the worse the pain until Carter collapsed and Rain fell over her own feet. 'Carter!' Jack ran over to her and picked up her unconscious body, carrying her to the gate. He turned back and noticed Rain and fallen as well, although she was still conscious. 'Ow' she said trying to get to her feet. Daniel rushed over to help her. 'Lean on me.' he said, she grabbed his shoulder and they both stumbled to the gate. Jack was not a happy bunny.
'Teal'c, can you help Rain, she may lose consciousness.' Teal'c picked up Rain's wavering body as though she weighed no more than a feather, she seemed desperate to remain conscious, but seemed to be losing the battle. 'I'm fine.' she mumbled. 'Put me down!' 'You are not well Rain, allow me to assist you.' Teal'c said as she gave up strugling. Daniel looked at Jack in confusion. 'What was his problem?' Daniel thought.

They dialed home and walked through the gate, Rain and Carter being carried, unconscious. The General ran down from the control room. 'What happened?' he looked at Jack.
'We don't know.'
'Get them down to the infirmary'
Jack and Teal'c walked quickly to the infirmary, Daniel being held back by the General. 'What happened?'
'They were fine, then they began to complain of headaches, which got worse until they passed out.' 'Why didn't it affect the rest of you?' 'We don't know, none of us were seperated.' 'Ok, get down to the infirmary, we'll go see what caused this, you will need to be checked over too.' 'Yes Sir.'

In the infirmary, Rain had regained consciousness and was not happy at having been carried. 'I'm fine!!!' she protested.
'Oh really? So you usually ramdomly pass out do you?' Dr.Frasier asked while taking a blood sample. 'hmmmmmm.' Rain mumbled.
Jack and Teal'c looked at her in concern. 'What happened?'
'I don't know, the headache kept getting worse, until my legs kinda gave up.' she said with a weak smile. She hated feeling weak and vulnerable. She tried to get up. 'Where do you think you're going missy?' Jack said. 'I'm fine!!! Stop fussing!!! I just feeling tired and a little dizzy but I'm fine!!!' 'Lie back down.' Dr.Frasier said in a scolding tone. 'Yes ma'am.' Rain said glumly.
Carter began to regain consciousness.
'How are you feeling Sam?'
'A little dizzy, tired, but fine apart from that. What happened?' 'We were hoping you could tell us.'
'I know as much as you do, I had a headache, it got worse and then everything went black.' Jack noticed that Rain looked completely fascinated with Teal'c. She was just staring at him in a dreamy sort of way. Sam had also gotten a dreamy look in her eyes, but was looking at him. 'You ok ladies?'
They didn't answer, just stared.
'Rain!'
'Uh huh' she answered dreamily. Teal'c was begining to look a little uncomfortable. 'You ok?'
'Never better, I feel really really good.' 'So do I actually.' Sam quiped.
Dr.Frasier had begun to examine Rain's jacket, looking at the coloured pollen to take a sample for testing. Rain looked at Frasier.
'Jack, catch her.'
Jack looked to the Dr, who wobbled a little before passing out. Jack caught her just in time and lay her on Rain's bed. Rain didn't seem to notice, just kept staring at Teal'c. 'Rain could you give me a hand...' Jack asked distractedly. No response.
'Rain!'
'She's fine. She'll wake up in a minute.' Jack looked at her in surprise, but she had stood and was running her hands over Teal'c's jacket seductively. 'RAIN! What in the hell are you doing?' 'Nuthin.' she drawled.
Jack just stood dumbstruck until Sam stood and began to pay him serious attention. 'So, Colonel.....' she said in a husky voice, she didn't have the chance to get any further as Janet had woken up. 'You ok Doc?'
'I will be in a minute, everything's a little fuzzy' Jack tried to tend to her, while trying to stop Sam from pawing him. 'What in the hell is up with you two?'
'I'm feeling fine.' Rain said in a deep throaty voice. 'I'm much better now you're here Colonel.' Sam purred. 'Oh my god.' Jack breathed.
General Hammond and Daniel walked in, looks of disbelief on their faces seeing Janet and Sam fighting over Jack, while Rain was looking as though she was going to claw their eyes out as he was hers. 'What is going on in here!' The General shouted. 'It would appear that something in the planet has affected Rain, Major Carter and Dr.Frasier.' Teal'c said trying to sound calm while the ladies were blowing him kisses and winking at him. 'But Dr.Fraser didn't go' The General said as the Dr had begun to advance upon him. 'Hi General....how are you feeling today? Anything I can do to make you better?' The Doctor said seductivelly. 'Daniel!' Rain said and walked (slinked) towards him. He blushed as she spoke to him in his head. 'What do you say?' she purred, batting her eyelids. Daniel looked very flushed, praying someone would help him. 'There's no need to be afraid, I don't bite.....unless you would like me to.' Rain smiled at him mischieviously. Jack could not believe what he was seeing. Sam by this time had her fingers in his hair. Rain turned and looked straight at her. 'Get your claws out of him.' she hissed. 'You had Daniel.' Sam said casually.
Rain slit her eyes and growled.
Sam began to play with Jack's hair again. Rain began to shout at her in every language she knew so Sam didn't really know what she was saying, but she caught the idea. A full scale hissy fit ensued. 'Ladies please!' Jack yelled. They both stopped and looked at him, Sam batting her eye lashes, Rain putting sugestive images in his head while smiling in fained shyness. 'Oh my god' Jack yelled. 'Stop it both of you!' 'Normally I would be flattered, but you aren't acting yourselves, what is going on.' 'We've been freed from our inhibitions.' The Dr said over her shoulder as she began to massage the General's shoulders. 'I think you all need to take a cold shower.' Jack said calmly. 'Ok, wanna join me?' Sam said, a grin on her face. 'You little hussy.' Rain spat.
The fight began anew, this time, they began to hit and scratch each other. 'Ok, that's it ladies.' he said grabbing Sam around the waist and pulling her away. Teal'c did the same to Rain, knowing that he could seriously injure Carter without even meaning to. Rain frowned. 'I knew you always liked her better.' she screamed. Sam turned around and began to wrap her arms around the Colonel's neck. The General called for security. Six men came in and escourted the ladies from the room. 'Where are you taking us?' Rain screamed. They began to kick and strugle. They had to call in another five men to get control of Rain and it was only then she stopped struggling and began to flirt with the airmen. 'So....where we going your place or mine.' Rain asked giggling. Jack put his head in his hands. 'Oh my god.'

It took the eleven men 20 minutes to get the ladies to a confined room, as they kept stopping and propositioning the men, some of which weren't as disiplined as they should have been. The door was shut and locked as the ladies began to call through the door. The airmen looked at each other and sighed in relief, that was one of the hardest things they'd ever had to do. The three most attractive women on base were offering themselves to them and they had to lock them up! It was difficult being in the military.

Jack, Daniel, Teal'c, The General and a male doctor sat in the briefing room and discussed the situation. 'We have carried out several tests upon the pollen found upon their jackets and we have concluded it is that which is affecting them, it must only affect oestrogen, or cause a hormonal imbalance in women, which is why none of you have been affected.' The doctor said carefully, knowing about the Colonel's feelings towards Rain, being careful not to subconsciously insult her. 'What can be done about it?' The General asked. 'We have destroyed all the pollen, now we just have to wait for their hormons to balance themselves out, there is nothing we can give them that wont make it worse.' 'How long will it take?'
'We don't know.'
The General sighed. The base was in near chaos, airmen were going out of their way to walk past the room the ladies were locked in just to see if it was true. All walking away with big grins upon their faces, not realising Jack had been patrolling the area, worried about Rain. To put it politely, when he was done with them, there was no way they would be caught near the room again.

The meeting broke up, Jack, Daniel and Teal'c went back to check up on them, worried about how they were being treated, and that they may get ill from the hormonal imbalance. Daniel saw how anxious Jack was and prayed Rain didn't start to pursue him again. They got to the door of the room, thinking it was entirely too quiet, and looked through the window. The room was empty.
'Airman, have you checked upon the ladies recently?' Jack asked in a deceptively calm voice. 'No sir.'
'Don't you think it a little quiet?'
'Yes sir, they must be asleep.'
'Really? Could you take a look through that window for me please.' The poor airman looked through the window and nearly fainted when he saw they were gone. 'Open the door!' Jack shouted.
They rushed in and found a huge hole in one of the walls. 'How in the....?' Daniel asked.
'Rain.' Jack said before running down the corridor that lead from the hole. Daniel turned to the airman.
'You didn't hear any suspicious noises?' 'Yes sir, sounded as though they were kicking the wall, but they didn't sound as though they were hurting themselves. I thought they were...you know......frustrated.' 'Have you ever seen Rain kick a wall?'
'No sir.'
Daniel pointed at the hole.
'If I were you I wouldn't be here when Colonel O'Neill gets back.' Daniel said with a wicked grin. The airman looked worried as Teal'c and Daniel ran the way Jack had gone.

They heard them before they saw them. Men were running in all directions away from the caffeteria, apparently it wasn't quite so amusing when the ladies were after them. Jack grabbed the nearest airman attempting to flee from the room. 'What's going on?' He noticed the man was clutching his neck. 'They're going nuts in their, Rain bit me!' he said in shock, removing his hand so the Colonel could see the wound. 'Oh my god....go to the infirmary airman, get that checked out.' 'Yes sir.' he said flinching from the pain in his neck. Teal'c and Daniel came skidding down the corridor as the airman ran to the infirmary. 'What's going on?' Daniel asked.
'They're apparently hungry.' Jack said before walking through the doors. The sight he saw nearly made him faint. The ladies had some how gotten hold of other clothes, Dr.Frasier was chasing a poor airman in a corsette, Sam was wearing a negligee and Rain had on her Goa'ould clothing. They had several men tied to chairs, Rain was taunting them with what they were actually thinking. 'Don't try to fight it.' she purred. 'You know this is what you've always dreamed of.' she giggled, shaking her head, her hair spilling from it's bun into tendrils about her shoulders. 'I can be anything you want me to be...' she said seductively. Her head snapped to the direction of the doors. 'Hey ladies, guess who's come back for more.' she stood with her hands on her hips and an eyebrow raised. 'You're not going to run away from us again are you?' she pretended to look offended, pouting. Janet and Sam and begun to advance towards them, giggling at Daniel's blushing and Teal'c's apparent discomfort. 'Aw! You scared Daniel?' Sam purred. 'I can make you feel all better...' Daniel's eyes widened in fear. Teal'c pulled out his zat gun and pointed it at Sam. 'Come no closer or I will be forced to shoot.' Sam pouted. 'You not interested?' she giggled. 'You are not in control of yourselves, please allow us to help you.' 'It's no use Teal'c they don't appear to be listening.' Sam had lost interest in the new 'prey' and had returned to one of the tied up airmen. Rain clearly decided she liked a challenge and was walking towards Teal'c seductively. 'Aw....come on Teal'c let yourself go, just once.' He raised the gun and pointed it at her. 'Oh, that's how you wanna play?' she giggled. 'Go for it....' 'Come any closer and I will be forced to shoot.' She continued forward and Teal'c shot her in the stomach. She giggled hysterically. 'That tickled. You know those things don't work on me....' 'Come Rain, this has gone far enough.' Jack shouted from the doorway. 'Has it?' she batted her eyelids and walked over to Daniel and began to wrap her arms about his neck. Jack growled.
Daniel flushed furiously as Rain kissed him deeply upon the lips. Taunting Jack in his head. 'You not gunna stop me?' she whispered to him telepathically. 'She's just trying to make you jealous.' Jack said to himself as a mantra. 'Is it working?' she said in his head, never once looking at him, still kissing Daniel, his feeble attempts at stopping her weren't working. 'I'm not gunna rise to it Rain.' He yelled at her. 'I think you will.' she said pushing Daniel away. Teal'c still had the zat pointed at her, not really sure of what to do. She walked over to him, kicked the gun from his hands and began to kiss him, despite his strength, he just couldn't fight her off. The Dr was pawing over Daniel who still lay where Rain had pushed him. 'Come on Jack, fight for me....' she said throatily in his head. 'Not happening.' he growled.
'Fine.' she said huffily.
She walked over to Daniel, pushed Janet away and picked Daniel up, throwing him onto her shoulder. 'Where in the hell are you going?'Jack asked, attempting to sound calm, failing miserably. 'Back to my cave.' she whispered and ran from the room, Daniel looking at Jack pleadingly from over her shoulder. 'Oh dear god.' he said. 'What in the hell are we supposed to do now?' 'Come play...' Sam giggled.
'Actually......' Jack looked to Sam.
'What do you intend to do O'Neill?' Teal'c asked regaining his composure. 'You keep an eye on the doc. I'm gunna fight fire with fire.' He grabbed Sam's hand and lead her from the room. Teal'c raised an eyebrow, not wanting to even think about the type of plan Jack had concocted if any. He proceeded to untie the bound airmen and keep the Dr at bay.

Jack lead Sam in the direction Rain had gone, the whole while she was giggling and firing inuendos at him. 'If you could hear yourself, you'd be mortified.' Jack said to Sam, who giggled and continued. He walked to Daniel's office and banged upon the door. He could hear Daniel whimpering, but didn't really want to know why. 'RAIN!'
'What do you want....Colonel.' she sang through the door. 'Open the door.'
'Now why would I wanna do that?'
Jack concentrated hard, pretending to be thinking suggestive things about Sam, hoping in her current state Rain couldn't decifer truth from pretence. Sam continued suggesting things to Jack which he hoped would help get Rain to come out. He heard her scream furiously and the door was torn off its hinges and thrown over his head. He grinned mischieviously, although he was actually pretty scared, he wasn't sure what Rain was capable of in her current state of mind. She just stared at him, seething, had it been a cartoon steam would be coming out of her ears. He let go of Sam's wrist. She sat down giggling at Rain. 'Did it work?' he grinned.
She hissed, her eyes slits.
'What are you trying to do?' she hissed vemonously. He looked through the door to see poor Daniel bound and gagged to his chair, looking very scared. Jack couldn't help himself, he grinned. 'Jealous?'
Rain softened slightly, reading something from his head. Her eyes filled with tears and she slumped to the floor. 'Aw! Hunny, I'm sorry.' He sat next to her and put an arm about her shoulders. She just colapsed against him.
'I'm so sorry.' she sobbed.
'It's ok, you didn't know what you were doing.' 'That's no excuse.' she sobbed, heart broken. Sam was still giggling hysterically from the doorway. 'Can you fix her?' Jack asked.
'Sure, just zat her.' she said hiccuping. He held her closer for a moment, then helped her to her feet. They walked into Daniel's office, he began to scream into his gag as Rain got closer, his eyes widened, terrified. She looked at him sadly and untied him carefully. 'I'm really sorry Daniel.' she looked down at her bare feet. 'You better now?' He asked, still looking scared. 'Yes.' she said sadly. 'I'm gunna go clean up.' she said realising she had blood upon her hands. 'Who's blood is this?' she asked looking worried. 'Some airman's, you can't miss him, he has a chunk missing from his neck.' Jack said trying to make her smile. 'Oh god.' she sighed and walked from the room sadly. 'Poor little bird.' he breathed, watching her walk away. 'Poor little bird? That poor little bird had me tied up!' Daniel said exasperated. 'Did she do anything else to you?' Jack asked suspciously. 'No, she was waiting for you to come, she hit me a couple of times to get me to shout....' he grinned at Jack. 'She must really love you.' 'How do you mean?'
'Well, she could have had any man on base, but all she did was bite a man because he bad mouthed you, and hit me to get you to come to her.' 'She bit him because he bad mouthed me?' 'Yep, that's what she told me, she had him tied to a chair to get you to come to her, but he began to shout his mouth off because she wouldn't let him go, he insulted you and lost part of his neck for it.' Daniel grinned. 'Of all the men she picked you....why, I don't know, but she did.' He grinned. 'You want me to tie you up again?' he said grinning. 'It's no fun if it's not Rain.' he laughed. 'I guess not. Listen I'm sorry Daniel, I've been a jerk to you recently about her.' 'It's ok...'
'No, it isn't, it's just sometimes I can't understand why a woman like that would be with a man like me.' 'Possibly because she loves you?' Daniel said sarcastically. Jack grinned. 'Yeah, I guess she must.' 'Well if that's what she has to do to prove it to you...' Daniel grinned. Jack smiled. 'We should go round up the Doc and Sam.' Daniel sighed.
'Yeah, I guess we should. Where did you leave Janet?' 'In the commisary with Teal'c'
'Poor Teal'c.' Daniel grinned.
'He can handle her.' Jack said leaving the room. Sam was still sat there, giggling her head off. 'Come on Sam.' Jack held her wrist again. 'We going to your place now?'
Jack looked at her in sympathy. 'You have to be really desperate Major.' She giggled drunkenly.

They arrived at the commisary to find Janet looking very shaken and wearing Teal'c's jacket to hide the corsette. 'What happened Teal'c?'
'I was forced to shoot Dr.Frasier.' he said almost guiltily. 'You ok Doc?' Jack asked carefully.
'I guess.' she blushed. Sam was still giggling behind them. 'Can I borrow the zat Teal'c?'
'Of course O'Neill.'
'Forgive me for what I'm about to do Major.' he pointed the gun at her and shot her once. She fell to the floor, when she regained consciousness Jack gave her his jacket. 'Come on ladies, let's go find you some clothes.' 'Thank you Sir.' Sam said looking down at herself. 'What happened?' 'You don't want to know.' he said carefully.

Rain stood in the ladies restroom staring at herself in the mirror, tears running down her cheeks. She had washed the blood from her hands and gotten the taste of her mouth, it was just getting it out of her head. She splashed her face with water and sighed deeply. 'How the hell is anyone going to be able to look me in the eye after this? Everyone's going to be laughing at me behind my back.' She thought. Isis had been trying to calm her down for the last twenty minutes, but it wasn't working. She heard someone come in behind her, but she didn't move or look up. 'You ok Rain dancer?'
'Not really Jack.' she sighed. 'You could get in serious trouble for being in here.' 'I'll just say you dragged me in.' he grinned. 'That's not funny' she sighed.
'Yes it is. You couldn't help it. It's not your fault.' 'I bit a guy, and I hit Daniel.'
'Daniel told me why you bit the guy, had the situation been reversed and someone was bad mouthing you, I would have done the same thing, anyway, he's fine.' 'You went to see him?'
'Yep, I asked him what he did to make you mad, he lied, I kicked his ass....the usual.' 'You kicked his ass?'
'Not literally! Just scared him a bit. He told me what he said to you after that.' She sighed sadly.
'You know you aren't a hussy, or any of the other things he said.' 'Aren't I? I had men tied up! I bit and hit them!' she said, her voice getting higher so she sounded as though she might cry. 'Who's opinion means more to you? Mine or his?' 'Yours of course.'
'Well you know what I think of you and I can't lie or Isis would tell you.' 'You're just trying to make me feel better.' 'Is it working?' he looked at her with those incredible brown eyes and she grinned. 'I guess...'
'Come on missy, the ladies room is no place to spend your free time...' He lead her out, sending her thoughts of what he really thought of her. 'Could you perhaps take that Egyptian number home with you?' he grinned. She looked down. 'You like this?'
'How could I not?' he grinned mischieviously.

They arrived back at Daniel's office, Rain feeling very embarrased about what had happened. 'Feeling better missy?' Daniel asked looking up from his computer. 'Yes thank you.'
He stood up and wrapped his arms about her waist and kissed her cheek. 'Good.' Jack smiled. Rain just looked confused. 'Did I miss something?'
'Nope.' they both said in unison. 'Just glad to have you back.' 'Daniel...I'm really sorry...'
'Stop right there! No more, it's forgotten, never to be mentioned again.' he smiled warmly. 'Thank you.' she hugged back, checking it was ok with Jack. He grinned widely. 'The General has decided not to have a debriefing for the sake of you ladies, he's just going to talk to us all about it seperately.' 'Thank god.' Rain breathed softly, burying her face in Daniel's neck. 'Ok break it up people!' Jack said.
'Thought it was too good to last.' Daniel laughed. 'Oh by the way Rain...' 'uh huh.'
'Had to say, you are a damned good kisser.' Rain blushed and Jack's jaw dropped several inches, he clearly couldn't get the words out so just stood gawping like a fish. 'You too Daniel.' Rain said giggling.
'hmmmm.' Jack growled.
'I should go talk to Teal'c about that.' Rain said and left hurridly. 'Just because I know you don't feel that way about you still better watch your step Dr.Jackson.' Jack said with a grin. 'I'm just kidding.' he said returning to his desk. 'It's true though.' He was silenced by a book flying through the air at his head.

Rain arrived outsideTeal'c's quarters getting the feeling she was being followed. She stopped every few metres and looked over her shoulder but no one appeared to be there. 'You're going nuts Rain.' she said softly to herself. She knocked on the door, a little nervous, knowing how private a person Teal'c was and feeling as though she had violated that. He opened the door. 'Are you feeling better Rain and Isis?' 'We are thank you dear. Um...Teal'c I wanted to talk to you about earlier....' Teal'c grabbed her about the waist, dipped her backwards slightly and kissed her deeply upon the lips. He then stood her upright and smiled disarmingly. Rain was blushing the colour of a cooked lobster and realised she heard laughter behind her. She turned quickly to find Jack and Daniel hiding around the corner in convulsions of laughter. 'I do not understand, Colonel O'Neill said this would show I forgave you.' 'It's ok Teal'c, maybe I picked the wrong member of SG-1 as a partner.' she said, running her hands over his chest and purring deep in her throat. Jack was not laughing anymore.
Rain kissed Teal'c again and he kissed back deeply, passionately...... 'Oh my god....'Jack could not believe what he was seeing. Rain and Teal'c broke apart, Rain was grinning. 'Hey Colonel, don't mess with my friend's head, don't forget I'm always one step ahead of you....' 'You pre-aranged this?' Jack said still picking his jaw up off the floor. 'No, I read from Teal'c's head what you told him and asked him to do it again to get his own back on you.' She giggled. 'That means I've kissed all the members of SG-1 minus one.' she giggled again. Jack raised an eyebrow.
'JACK!!!!'
'What?'
'It's not gunna happen so don't get excited.' He grinned sheepishly. 'Well you never know.'

Rain couldn't have been more relieved to go home that evening, after talking to General Hammond about the day's events and having several health checks to make sure she wasn't about to take over the planet by suducing the nation's males. She had been so embarrassed about the whole thing, even though people were being exceptional kind about it, she still felt guilty. Jack had spent as much time as he could comforting her, trying to make her feel better about the whole thing, it wasn't really working. Rain sat slumped upon the couch looking sad. Jack nuzzled her neck. 'Come on, talk to me missy.'
'I'd really rather forget about it in truth.' she said, her blue eyes looking a little distant. 'Ok, but if you change your mind, you know where I am.' 'Right here, right?'
He smiled warmly. 'Always.'
She sighed. 'I'm gunna go take a walk ok?' 'Ok, but if you're not back in an hour, I'm sending out search parties.' 'I could leave the planet in less than an hour.' she smiled sadly. 'Don't even think about it.'
'I'm not, don't worry.'
She slipped out of the patio doors without a sound, her hair catching on the breeze, dancing behind her. He watched as she walked sadly out of the garden. In truth he didn't think he had ever seen her walk, she always skipped or danced, she had that unearthly quality about her.

Two hours later, Jack's still waiting, getting extremely aggitated and seriously considering his threat of the search parties. He picked up the phone and dialed Daniel's number, hoping she had managed to make her way there, it was over 10 miles away, but that was nuthin for Rain. No answer. Typical. He left a message, trying not to sound panicked, but failed miserably. He called Sam next. No answer. Where was everyone? He slumped back on the couch, head in his hands and waited.

Another hour.

Two.

Three.

Nothing. Jack had drifted off when the phone rang. 'Rain?'
'No, it's Daniel, I think you should come over, right now...' 'I can't I've got to wait for Rain she... 'She's here, just get here as soon as possible.'

Jack didn't believe he had ever moved so fast, he jumped in his truck and drove as fast as was humanly possible over to Daniel's. When he got there the door was open, he pushed it carefully and entered. 'Daniel? Rain?'
'Out here Jack.' Daniel's voice came from the balcony. 'Jack? Jack's here? You promised you wouldn't call him. Daniel you promised.' Rain screamed at him. Jack walked out to the balcony to find Rain the other side of the railings, standing on the tiny ledge, leaning outwards, looking to the world like the figure head of a ship. 'Rain? What are you doing hunny?' Jack asked carefully. 'Go home Jack.' she shook her head, her foot slipped and she fell a couple of inches before steadying herself. 'She's been here for over an hour, I can't talk her down, I tried to grab her but she threatened to let go.' 'Rain, talk to me.' Jack asked pleadingly. 'About what?' she yelled over the wind. 'Whatever is upsetting you, we'll fix it.' 'You wanna talk?'
'Yes, I do.'
'Ok then, let's talk. Let's talk about what it's like to be able to hear every single person's thoughts, every animal, every insect even. To hear every comment ever said about you, to feel the pain of every god damned tree and plant and living thing upon this earth.' 'Rain, I didn't realise I.....'
'No, you didn't realise, no one ever does. I try so damned hard. I just want to fit in, I just want to be normal, I want to help people. I want to stop hearing people talking about me.' 'Rain, you do help people, you helped me...' 'Did I? I'm a god damned plague on all of you.' 'Don't talk like that.'
'Why? Because it's true?'
He sighed and shook his head.
'Rain, how long have you been feeling like this?' 'Just today...'
'Didn't you think it could be that your hormones are still unbalanced? This isn't you talking, I know it isn't.' She turned around and looked at him, straight in the eye, she softened slightly. 'I never thought of that.' she admitted. 'Come on hunny, come here.'
She stood lost in thought, her heels the only part of her feet upon the ledge. 'Rain, please we need you, I can't concieve of my life without you, who am I gunna bitch about Jack to?' Daniel pleaded. 'What's wrong with me?' Rain looked a little scared. 'We don't know, we'll go see Dr.Frasier and get you checked out.' She looked down at the ground, hundreds of feet below. 'Nice view up here.' she said dejectedly. 'I remember as a child I always wished I could fly....' 'Rain....?'
'Maybe in another lifetime huh?' she sighed. The wind picked up, causing her long skirt to move like her hair. She turned around carefully and said by way of an excuse. 'I doubt that fall would have killed me anyway.' She stepped over the railings and Jack and Daniel wrapped their arms around her. 'God don't scare me like that again.'
'I'm so sorry.......Jack I don't want to die.' 'I know baby I know.' He turned to Daniel and mouthed 'Thank you.' 'Hey, I love her too you know, it was a completely selfish act.' 'Thank you anyway.' They smiled at each other warmly. Rain still had her face buried in Jack's leather jacket. 'So missy, you wanna go home?'
'Not yet....I want to stay with Daniel a while.' 'Oh.....ok....do you want me to go?'
'Of course not.' her eyes looked misty. 'Glad to hear it.'
They walked inside, shutting the balcony doors and sitting on the couch, Rain sat between them, Daniel with his head on her shoulder, Jack holding her hand tightly. They talked all night, right through to morning, Rain fell asleep in Jack's arms mid way through the night, much to Jack's relief, she hadn't slept in weeks. 'Man look at the time!' Jack exclaimed. 'We should get home, get ready for work.' 'Get ready here, there's no need to wake her.' 'Thank you.'
'It's no problem Jack.'
'No, I mean for everything, I know I'm not the easiest person to work with....' 'I wouldn't have it any other way.' Daniel grinned. Jack rocked Rain in his arms, smiling down at her as she dreamed. 'Wonder what she's dreaming about?'
'In truth, probably more mudane things than what actually happens to us on a daily basis.' Daniel smiled. 'Poor little bird goes up so high, then crashes and burns.' 'Got a damned lot to deal with though hasn't she?' 'Yeah.....she feels responsible for every life form on this planet you know.' 'Really?'
'Uh huh, she feels guilty when there are earthquakes or tornadoes, she thinks she could have helped.' 'Probably could, she is pretty incredible.' 'Yes, she is.' Her eyelids fluttered a little and she woke up, staring at them both. 'What? Do I snore?'
'No hunny you don't.'
'What then?'
'Nuthin.'
'hmmmmm.' she said suspiciously.
'So what can I get you both for breakfast?' Daniel asked, standing up. 'Breakfast? It's morning?'
'Yep.'
She rubbed her eyes and stretched. She hair was all tousled which Jack found adorable, though he would never use that word out loud. He brushed it out of her face gently. 'Feeling better?'
'Better than you could ever imagine. I think I exorcised a lot of demons last night.' Jack smiled. 'That's good.'
'I'm sorry I scared you both like that. I was all over the place.' 'No you weren't, had you gone over the rail you would have been.' Rain giggled.
'Jack!' Daniel said in surprise.
'She knows I'm kidding.'
'That's not the point.....' Daniel said exasperated. 'I'll make breakfast.' Rain volunteered. 'It's the least I can do.' 'I've heard about your cooking.' Daniel said with a smile. 'Is it bad?' Rain asked looking at Jack. 'I meant it as a compliment.'
'Oh! I see.......'she giggled while looking for a pan.

They arrived at work a little late, but the General didn't look mad, he actually looked concerned. 'Rain, how are you both feeling today?' ''We're fine General. Thank you.' she read him for a moment, her eyes widened. 'So it wasn't me losing my mind, it was my hormones?' 'Yes, why what happened?'
'Nearly threw myself off Daniel's balcony.' The General's eyes widened.
'I'm feeling fine now though.'
'Major Carter and Dr.Frasier also tried to take their own lives last night.' 'Really? Oh my god. Are they ok?'
'Yes,thank goodness they were both on base. They're in the infirmary, I think you should also go so we can check that this alien pollen isn't affecting you anymore.' 'Yes sir.' Rain walked to the Infirmary with Daniel. The General held Colonel O'Neill back. 'What happned?'
'She was depressed all evening and said she wanted to take a walk. She didn't come back for several hours and I got a call from Daniel telling me she was at his and I should come over as soon as possible. When I got there she was standing the other side of the railings of the balcony and saying she wanted to end it all.' 'We had similar things from Major Carter and Dr.Frasier, they were very depressed, but once we'd talked them out of it, they both began to appologise profusely, saying they didn't want to die. They were fine once they had calmed down.' 'We had the same with Rain. Thank god none of them were alone.'

The General and Jack made their way to the infirmary to find Rain embracing Sam tightly. They both had tears in their eyes, along with the doctor. 'God, I'm so glad you are both ok.'
'Me too.'
'I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Daniel and Jack.' Rain said as she sobbed into Sam's shoulder. 'I wouldn't if it weren't for that airman you bit.' Sam smiled through the tears. 'I wouldn't if Teal'c hadn't been in to check up on me, apparently 'Junior' sensed something was wrong.' All three of them held each other until the tears stopped. Rain turned and realised the General was watching them. 'Uh, sorry sir.'
'Why are you appologising? I'm tempted to join you.' He smiled warmly, the relief evident that they were all ok. Rain wiped her eyes with the back of her hand. 'Where is Teal'c?' Sam asked.
'I am here Major Carter.' Teal'c stood in the doorway, looking as relived as any of them that Rain was ok. Rain spoke to Teal'c in his native tongue, thanking him for all he had done and all he was. He blushed a little. She smiled warmly at him. 'I'm ordering you all to go home for the rest of the week. I think you all need to rest, you've all been through an awful lot in the last two days.' Rain smiled at him. Everybody filed out, getting ready to leave, apart from Rain who hung behind. 'I just want to talk to the General for a second, I'll be there in a minute.' 'Everything ok Rain?'
'I just wanted to do this...'
She grabbed him around the neck and hugged him tightly, before kissing him on the cheek and whispering 'Thank you.' in his ear. He blushed, completely speechless. 'I didn't want to get you in trouble.' she whispered as she headed out of the door. 'See you next week General.'
He stood in the doorway, watching her walk away, a smile crept onto his lips but he hid it as a group of airmen came around the corner.

'Teal'c, where are you going?'
'To my quarters Rain.'
'No! Come back with us, we're all going to Jack's' Teal'c looked at her, she smiled took his arm and lead him to the car park.

'Anyone want a drink? Anything to eat? Anything at all?' 'Rain, we're fine, come sit down missy.' Jack grabbed her and put her down on the couch and sat next to her. She giggled. Sam looked at them and was glad they didn't feel they had to hide their relationship from them anymore. Correction, Jack didn't feel he had to hide it anymore. Rain smiled at her warmly and mouthed 'I'm glad too!' They both giggled. 'Seriously, can I get anyone a drink?'
'I may be incuring the wrath of Jack here, but could I have a glass of water please?' Daniel asked, shooting Jack a sidelong glance, releaved he was grinning back. 'Jack's wrath?' Rain giggled. 'He's a pussy cat!' 'Oh really?'
'Uh huh, apart from at 3 in the morning, then he's like a bear with a sore head.' She ran into the kitchen before he could grab her. She came back in with the water and handed it to Daniel. Jack stared at her.
'What?'
'Nuthin.'
'Oh don't try that one, it's never nuthing with you.' she giggled. 'Anyone else?'
'Do you have any more iced tea?' Janet asked. 'Sure we do, somewhere....' Rain added, getting up and heading for the kitchen again. 'I will assist you.' Teal'c said stoically. 'Hey we can bitch about her while she's gone.' Jack said quietly. 'I heard that even before you said it.' yelled Rain from the kitchen. 'So are you two really feeling better now?' Jack asked Janet and Sam. 'If I get asked that again, I may not be.' Janet said with a grin. 'I feel fine, but I feel a lot closer to Rain and Janet.' Sam said. 'I know what you mean.' Janet added. 'Like I can read your thoughts or something, I can at least sense how you are feeling.' 'No, please, not another two mind readers, it's hard enough with Rain ruining all my jokes as it is.' Jack grinned. 'I can't really read thoughts, I just get deja vu when Sam and Rain talk.' 'I get that all the time.' Rain says coming out from the kitchen. 'Maybe you picked it up off me? Isis thinks it's possible.' 'Really?' Sam looked at her in surprise. 'Sure, why not.'
'I guess anything's possible where you are concerned, huh Rain?' Daniel grinned. She giggled.
'Do you have any idea of the extent of your powers?' Janet asked curiously. 'I can't fly, I can't knit and I can't sing.' 'I disagree with that last one.' Daniel added. 'What the singing one?'
'Yep.'
'I agree, Rain can sing.' Jack added.
'Well I don't think I can.'
'We discovered I couldn't fly last night.' Rain said looking over at Daniel. 'Can you make people do things they don't want to?' 'Sure, I just don't, it's really dangerous.' 'Really?' Jack asked eagerly. 'So you could make the General do the funky chicken?' 'Sure, if I knew what the funky chicken was.' she giggled. 'Can you move objects with your mind?' Daniel asked. 'I tried this one, as long as I know where the object is and I concentrate really hard, yes.' 'Really? You never told me about that one.' 'How do you think I get the newspaper in every morning?' she grinned. 'Could you do it now?'
'Sure, what with?'
'hmmmm....Take Daniel's glasses off his face.' Sam said excitedly. 'uh ok.'
She looked at Daniel and his glasses began to wobble slightly, then they rose a couple of inches from his nose and began to hover towards Jack, they turned themselves around and dropped onto his nose. Daniel laughed heartily, as did everyone, even Teal'c smiled. 'So why don't you use it all the time?' 'Two reasons, I don't want people to know or I'll be locked in a lab and cut into tiny pieces, the other reason is it gives me a serious headache if I do it too much.' she slumped back in her seat. 'You look cute with glasses Jack!'
'Ha ha ha.' he said sarcastically as Rain picked up the glasses and handed them back to Daniel. 'Can you heal?'
'Yep, depends upon the wound.'
'Could you do brain surgery.'
'Never tried, but I can undo brain damage, We've done it before.' 'Wow!' Janet looked at her in awe.
'Strictly speaking it isn't me doing it, it's Isis.' 'Jack?'
'Yes Daniel.'
'Can I ask a personal question?'
'You can ask, but I may not answer.'
'Knowing how you feel about the Tok'ra, do you get on with Isis?' Jack thought for a moment, teasing Rain. 'Rain can tell you if I'm lying, but I can honestly say I think Isis is great, we don't talk all that often, but she is extremely wise. First Tok'ra I've met where I like both parts of them.' 'You've spoken to Isis?'
'Sure, why wouldn't I? I live with her.' 'I've never spoken with Isis.' Daniel said, looking a little disappointed. 'She's a little shy Daniel.' Rain said with a smile. 'She's crazy about Jack though.'
'Really?' Jack said with interest.
'Sure she is.'
'Teal'c has spoken to her at great length. She loves Teal'c, can't stop them when they get going. They are old friends' Rain smiled warmly at her Jaffa friend. 'So why won't she talk to me?' Daniel looked offended. 'She talks to you through me, she's just shy Daniel.' 'I guess.' he said.
Rain closed her eyes, when they opened again, a deep throaty voice came from her mouth. 'Greetings Dr.Jackson.'
'Isis?'
'Of course.' She smiled.
'Wow, I have so much I want to ask you......' 'Please feel free...'
'um.....ok.......How old are you?'
'Daniel!' Jack yelped.
'What?'
'You never ask a woman her age or her weight!' 'Sorry, I didn't mean any disrespect.'
'I am not offeneded, living with Rain is making me learn to be more tollerant of humans.' she grinned. 'In answer to your question, I lost count of the years after I turned 6,000 I am one of the oldest Goa'ould.' she smiled warmly. 'You would never guess!' Jack said. 'You only look about 25' Isis laughed. 'Anything else Dr.Jackson?' 'Did you witness the building of the pyramids?' 'Yes, I did, that was a painful experience.' 'How do you mean?'
'Well, I am a mother goddess in Egyptian mythology, I love all life which Rain has apparently inherited from me, I could not bear to see the way the slaves were treated. One day I got very angry and freed them all.' She smiled. 'They were not happy.' Daniel smiled at her.
'Where you really married to Osiris?'
'Yes, he's still around isn't he? We parted on unpleasant terms.' 'Really?'
'Yes.'
'What happened if you don't mind me asking?' 'I do not, he was a little power obsessed, I was content to remain myth, he wanted all humans to worship him again.' 'Do any of the planets out there still have cults in your name?' 'Last time I checked there are seven planets devoted to worship of me, although I have tried many times to convince them that I am not a goddess, it doesn't work. It embarrasses Rain no end.' 'Ok, one more....what was Rain's name before you met her?' 'Ok mister that's enough!'
'Rain's back' Jack laughed.
'Why wont you tell us?'
'Because she is dead.'
Daniel laughed.
'So, what did you think?'
'She's as humble as you.'
'Not always.' she giggled.
'So you have planets of worshippers?' Jack asked in curiosity. 'Yes, unfortunately. It's really embarassing.' 'Why?'
'Because the second I walk through the gate they all drop to their knees and think I'm angry with them.' 'Why do they think that?'
'Because they have met other goa'ould.' 'I see, part of you must like it.'
'Nope, hate it with a passion. I have to go visit on certain days of the year, the planets are so beautiful, the people really look after them, plants, animals are all respected. It's wonderful, apart from the worshipping part.' she laughed. Janet smiled at her. 'So, maybe I might be calling upon you to help in the infirmary, could I?' 'Of course, I love to help.'
Janet smiled. 'As long as you don't put me out of a job.' 'I couldn't if I wanted to.'
'Wow, it clouded over fast.' Jack said looking outside. 'Is it raining?' Rain asked excitedly.
'I think it will, but it isn't yet.'
'Wrong!'
Rain jumped off the couch and ran outside as they heard a familiar tapping upon the window. 'She still does that?' Daniel asked grinning. 'Yep!'
'Does what?' Sam asked.
'Dances in the rain.' Jack smiled.
'She does?'
'Yep! Look!'
They all walked out onto the porch to watch. 'Come join me!!!!!!' Rain giggled.
'Aw! What the hell.' Sam ran over to her screaming as the cold rain ran down her back. Janet ran after them, giggling like a little girl. 'Women!' Jack sighed, but smiled in spite of himself. 'Actually, it kinda looks like fun.' Daniel said removing his glasses and running after them. 'Just you and me huh Teal'c.'
Rain ran up to the porch, dripping wet and grabbed Teal'c and threw him over one shoulder, then Jack over the other and carried them out to everyone else. Rain threw her arms around Jack's neck and they slow danced in the rain, all the while all he could think of was 'What will the neighbours think?' 'They'll think we're all drunk!!!' Rain giggled. 'That's what I'm worried about!'
'Aw! Jack! Let yourself go, have a little fun!' He grabbed her arm and spun her around. 'Aw what the hell, you only live once.' 'Unless you are a goa'ould, or me.'
'Well there is that.' he laughed.

One week later, they were all back at the base, feeling a lot better for the days they had off, but relived to be working again. 'How are you all feeling?' The General asked them all at the briefing that morning. 'Wonderful thank you sir.' Rain giggled. The General smiled at her. 'Glad to hear it Rain.' 'We recieved a message for you this morning Rain.' 'Really?'
'Yes, it was from a group of people from a planet they call Earth 2.' 'Oh no.' Rain dropped her head onto the table.' 'What's wrong?'
'They are a planet of Isis worshippers, they named their planet after Earth as that is where Isis found me, before it was called Jyacot.' 'What's the problem?'
'They want me to come for my annual visit.' 'Well I'm sure we can accomodate it, we could form an alliance.' 'That is true I suppose.' she said looking a little embarassed. 'Unfortunately they will do ANYTHING that I tell them to do. I've found that they do things that I joke about as well.' she shuddered. 'What do you mean?'
'Well I once told one of them not to count their chickens before they were hatched, they spent the rest of the week watching eggs until they hatched. It was so embarassing.' Jack grinned.
'Well, I think it would be useful to go, would you like to brief us upon their culture and way of life?' 'I guess.' Rain said standing.
'Well, the most important thing to know is that they worship all living things, they are vegan, do not eat any animal products or plants, they have found a way of sythesising all the nutrients that their bodies need without harming any living thing. They are very advanced as far as medical technology is concerned, but they do not use weapons as they will not harm anything, even in self defence. The only reason they have lived as long as they have is because they worship Isis and the Goa'ould know better than to upset her.' she stopped for breath with a smile. 'So if we do go, do not under any circumstances stand on any insects, eat any meat, accidently kill any plants or they will get very upset.' 'What will they do?'
'Remove your stomach.'
'Really?'
'Yes.'
'And they worship you?'
'No, Isis.'
'Couldn't you stop them from harming us?' 'Of course, but I'd rather that we didn't do anything that would upset them, they are lovely people, exceptionally skilled in the art of xenia.' 'Xenia?'
'It's Greek for hospitality.' Daniel informed Jack. 'Oh, I see.'
'They love all things from Earth, they are almost obsessed. Last time I visited, I wore ribbons in my hair, I made the mistake of giving them to one of the children, they are now seen as holy objects.' Jack surpressed a laugh. Rain shot him a look and giggled. 'Really?' The General asked.
'Yes. I must find gifts to take them.' she said looking a little worried. 'What is the plant life like? Anything like the plants on pdx596?' 'No, their plants do not bear fruit, that is why they do not eat them. I should take them some fruit, they would love that.' 'Would they eat it?'
'If I explained to them that it will not harm the plant in any way.' 'Any questions?' Rain looked about the table. 'I think you covered it all.' The General smiled at her. 'You leave in two hours.' 'Um...General Sir?'
'Yes Rain...Isis.'
'Could we get some fruit?'
He smiled at her. 'Of course. I'll get some airmen on it.' 'Thank you.'

Two hours later the team stood ready to depart, each member carrying a trunk of carefully packed fruit. Rain was dressed in her Egyptian dress for the sake of Isis's worshippers. The gate dialed up, the light shimmered and Rain stepped through. The first thing she saw when she arrived on the other side was that nothing had changed. The people dropped what they were doing and ran over to her, dropping at her feet singing her praises. She sighed sadly. Jack and the other's stepped through, carefully putting their burdens on the gate platform. The people looked afraid as SG-1 carried guns. 'It is ok, they are friends.' she took a gun from Jack and indicated to it. 'This is a gun, it is a weapon, but we brought them out of protocol, they will not be used against you.' Several children ran forward and threw themselves at Rain. She screamed and ran, hiding behind the gate, giggling. Jack raised an eyebrow. She turned and picked them all up hugging them all and chattering with them in their native language. 'Rain, do they speak English?'
'Yes dear. But this is their native tongue.' The children giggled as she tickled them. Their parents came up, appologising profusely. 'Don't be so silly!!!! I love the children!' The men of the planet walked forward with a throne they would carry. 'No, I'm sorry but no! I'm flattered but I have legs, I like walking among my people.' she giggled. 'I brought you some gifts.' She indicated to the trunks. 'What's in them missy Rain, missy Isis?' one of the children asked excitedly. 'Missy Rain?'
'Hey you call me that Jack.' she giggled. She picked up one of the trunks and opened it for the children. 'They are called fruit, our trees on earth bear these fruit for food, the plant is not harmed as it drops the fruit when they are ripe, there are seeds inside for the trees to disperse through the eating of the fruit.' she picked up an apple and handed it to the nearest child. 'Eat it, they are delicious and good for you. Please, everyone come eat.' She opened all the crates full of many different fruits from strawberries to mangos. The people looked at them skeptically, smelt them, stared at them , then realised the children were enjoying them and joined them. The people looked at them in surprise, they were not used to eating real food and they found they enjoyed it. The leader of the planet stepped forward and greeted Rain warmly. 'How are you my lady?'
'I am well, but you can stop that right now! It's Rain or Isis and you know it.' she giggled. He smiled at her warmly. 'Who are your friends?' 'They are from Earth.' everyone stood and stared when they heard this. 'This is Colonel Jack O'Neill, Major Sam Carter, Dr. Daniel Jackson and my dear friend Teal'c.' 'Teal'c!!!!!!!!!!!!!' One of the children ran forward and embraced Teal'c around the ankles as that was all she could reach. 'Teal'c has been before.' Rain explained. 'He accompanied me when I 'borrowed' him from Apophis.' 'You 'borrowed' him from Apophis.'
'Yes.' she giggled as the child tried to climb Teal'c's legs. He reached down and picked the child up carefully. 'She's crazy about him.'
'It is wonderful to see our lady's friend Teal'c again.' the elder said loudly. The people began to sing Teal'c's praises also. 'You are not eating?' Rain asked the elder. 'Are they from Earth?'
'Yes, they are perfectly safe, I eat them all the time.' 'We can not eat the food of the gods.' he said as though she had blasphemed. 'Please Jaramayal.' she held out a peach for him. 'They are soft and good for you.' He bit into it carefully as though he would burst into flame from having done so. His face lit up and he smiled.
'This is wonderful.' he smiled at her warmly. 'We do not deserve such gifts.'
'Of course you do, if you plant the stone in the middle a tree will grow.' 'Really?'
'Yes, it is how the tree spreads it's seeds.' 'They will grow here?'
'Yes, this planet is just like Earth, they should grow strong and healthy.' 'Thank you so much for this gift.'
'It's nothing really, they are plentiful on Earth.' She turned and smiled at Jack who looked a little worried. 'What's wrong?' 'Nothing. Really, just that these people really love you.' 'That we do Colonel, our lady is our savior, our protector, she makes our plants grow strong and our rivers full.' 'Really?' Jack said. 'Do you?'
'You doubt our lady's power?' The Elder narrowed his eyes. 'Not for a second.'
'Does she not do this on your planet?'
'No dear I don't.'
'You are not a goddess on your home?'
'No, afraid not.'
'Why?'
'People from Earth believe in many gods, but not ones like Isis, they used to but not anymore.' 'I am saddened to hear this.'
'Do not be, I'm just like everyone else on Earth.' 'Everyone on Earth are gods?'
'No, We are like you.' Jack said.
'Do you worship our lady?' The Elder asked Jack. 'In a way.' he grinned.
'I do not understand.'
'Jack is my partner, the one I have chosen to spend my time with. But we can not be public about it because of my job.' The Elder made an announcement to his people in their native tongue. 'Oh no!' Rain hid her head in her hands. 'What? What did he say?'
'You are going to love this Jack.'
The people ran towards Jack and began to fall at his feet, singing his praises. 'Sweet!' he laughed.
'He has a big enough head as it is, please do not do that!' she giggled. Within moments Jack had children clinging to him and people singing to him. He had a huge grin upon his face. 'Oh god!' Rain giggled.
'What's happening?' Sam asked.
'I made the mistake of telling them Jack is my other half.' 'Oh no!' Sam said smiling. 'He is going to love this.' 'Yep!'
Jack picked up the nearest child and proceeded to talk to her as more worshippers fell about his feet. Daniel walked over to Rain. 'What's going on?' 'I think I just created a monster.' Rain giggled.

Evening found the members of SG-1 seated around a large fire with the people of the planet. The seeds from the fruit had been planted and the people were contented to have their goddess back. 'Lady Isis?'
'Yes dear.'
'We have been wondering what you have been doing since your last visit.' 'Well, in truth an awful lot.' she giggled. 'It has been a bad time for you?'
'Yes and No. I was banished from the goa'ould homeworld and sentenced to death.' she smiled at the Elder. 'I do not understand, your people wanted you dead?' 'Yes.'
'Why?'
'Because I did not agree with the way they opporated, I gave information about them to the people of Earth so they could protect themselves. The goa'ould were not happy and tried to kill me. I managed to escape and got back to Earth where I now live and work.' 'What work do you do?'
'We explore, try to form alliances against the goa'ould, to protect ourselves.' 'So you are part of this SG-1?'
'Yes.'
'Do they treat you well?'
'Better than I could ever have imagined.' 'And that is how you met Colonel Jack?' 'Yes, but Colonel is his position in our hierachy, his name is Jack.' 'Do you love him?'
Rain looked at him thinking it was getting a little personal. 'More than I thought was possible.'
He smiled at her.
'Jaramayal, I am afraid that since I am no longer a goa'ould system lord, you may be at risk.' 'But you will protect us?'
'Jaramayal, there is only so much I can do, I can not protect you from goa'ould motherships, or an army of Jaffa.' 'Teal'c is Jaffa, he is kind and wise...' 'Teal'c is an exception, the other Jaffa worship their gods and will die for them.' 'As we would for you.'
'Then you must trust me.'
'Of course we do.'
'Jaramayal, you are going to have to learn how to defend yourselves.' 'Will it mean killing?'
'Possibly.' Rain looked at her bare feet and sighed. 'We can not fight, we have never fought.' 'I know, but you have to learn or they may destroy you.' He looked at the fire for a moment before answering. 'Whatever you ask of us we will do.' 'You know that if there were any other way....' 'I understand....'
'Jaramayal, look at me.'
He looked up at her.
'I don't want to change your way of life, but I will not let you die because you can not defend yourselves. It is my fault you may come under attack, I can not allow you to get hurt, I have to look after you.' 'Then do not leave, stay with us, you and Jack, we would make you very happy.' She smiled at him. 'I can not do that, I have other planets to look after and my job. Anyway, we couldn't protect you from a Jaffa army.' 'You could not?'
'No, I'm afraid not.'
'But you are a goddess!'
'I am just as you and the others, what makes me different is that Isis is inside me.' 'She can protect us?'
'Her powers are limited also.....Jaramayal you are my people, I love you dearly, I am not going to allow you to be harmed.' 'You are not a goddess?'
'You know I'm not, I've been telling you that for years now.' He stood slowly. 'I believed in you.' he said before walking away sadly. 'Oh god.' Rain put her head in her hands. A child ran over to her and sat on her lap. 'Missy Rain? Why you so sad?'
'I've upset my friend Jaramayal.'
'What did you do?'
'I told him the truth.'
'Is the truth not the best thing to tell?' 'Of course it is, but sometimes it hurts.' She held her close and kissed her head. 'Would you be mad with me if I told you I wasn't a goddess?' 'No, because you are, Jack said so.'
Rain smiled. 'Jack says that because he loves me.' 'Then you must be a goddess to us.'
'Why is that dear one?'
'Because we love you.'
She smiled and kissed her again.
'You are smiling again?'
'Of course, you have that affect upon me.' 'Missy Rain?'
'Yes princess?'
'If you are not a real goddess, does that mean you can not help us anymore?' 'I will do all I can for you all, you are my people, especially you little one, I'd do anything for you children.' Rain tickled the child's neck and they giggled together and watched the fire die down.

'Hey missy Rain.' Jack smiled as her walked over to her. 'Greetings Colonel Jack, betrothed of our lady.' she giggled. He looked at the child asleep in her lap. 'Did you get any sleep last night?'
'No....I had a lot of thinking to do.'
'Jaramayal called a meeting last night.' 'I thought he would have.' she sighed.
He pushed her hair behind her ear when it fell into her eyes. 'Come on missy Rain, talk to me.' 'Jaramayal is angry with me, he thinks I lied to him, I told him last night about the possibility of a goa'ould attack. He can not believe I can not protect them.' 'Look hunny, you'll always be a goddess to me.' he smiled. 'We just have to teach them how to defend themselves.' 'That would mean changing their whole lives, they are not fighters.' 'That is all you can do unless you.......no...Rain you can't.' 'Stay here?'
'Yes, you would leave the SGC, your friends......me?' 'Jack, these people depend upon me.'
'Rain, you are just human, you are just like them, they can not expect you to drop everything when they call.' 'It's my responsibilty.'
'No it isn't.'
'It is Jack.'
'What about........us?' he sighed sadly. 'If I were dead, would you stop loving me?' 'Never.'
'Then just pretend I have gone away for a while.' 'How long are we talking?' He looked into her eyes. 'Forever right?' She nodded.
'And I'm supposed to just let you go?'
'If you love me yes.'
'And you are happy about this?'
'What do you think?'
'God Rain, I've only just found you again.........' 'I know.'
'Isn't there another way?'
'Not that I can think of.'
He lay his head upon her shoulder.
'We have to go back today. You aren't going to come back with us?' 'I'm terrible at goodbyes, I couldn't.' 'So you are going to leave it up to me to explain to Hammond?' 'Jack, I shouldn't have left them at risk for this long.' 'And what if the goa'ould do come? What then? You think you can stop them?' He searched her face for a moment. 'You know you can't don't you? You're just going to die trying.' 'What would you have me do? These people are my responisiblity.' 'No, they aren't, they should be able to look after themselves, you have looked after them for far too long.' 'It's too late now.'
'We can give them weponry, teach them how to use it, let them look after themselves.' 'Have you ever been responsible for the lives of thousands of people?' 'No, or course not...'
'Then you do not know what it is like.' She picked up the child on her lap and walked away slowly. 'Isis, will you talk to her, tell her she's crazy.' he shouted after her. 'I'm doing this for Isis, it's about time I took responsibility for my people and my actions.'

Rain found Teal'c packing up their equptment near the stargate, the child who had welcomed him when he arrived had followed him around the whole time he had been upon the planet and was sat talking with him while he packed up. Rain approached, the sleeping child still cradled in her arms. 'Teal'c, are you busy?'
'You wish to talk?'
'Please.'
He sat upon the edge of the platform as she sank down next to him. 'No doubt you've heard what is happening.' 'I have.'
'From Jack?'
'From both Jaramayal and Colonel O'Neill.' 'Am I doing the right thing?'
'In what way do you mean?'
'By staying, by trying to protect these people....' she couldn't finish, her breathing was becoming ragged and harsh as though she may cry. 'I have know youself and Isis for many years and while I trust your judgement and know of Isis' wisdom, your descision is clouded somewhat.' 'By what?'
'You see these people as your children.' 'In essence they are...'
'They are not, they have been unable to grow as a culture due to the fact that Isis has bestowed all that they have upon them, they have not had to work for anything, they are unable to think for themselves.' 'But Teal'c...'
'Although it is painful, all parents must learn to let their children make their own mistakes, to learn to be independent and look after themselves.' 'But it is my fault they are like this.' 'And you intend to rectify the situation by staying here and solving all their problems for them?' 'But what else can I do?'
'What any good parent would do...'
'Let them go?'
'Teach them how to look after themselves and then, yes, let them go.' She sighed and looked up into his deep brown eyes, then at the child asleep in her lap. 'And if they can not defend themselves?' 'Then you must help them help themselves.' 'Oh god Teal'c, I don't know if I can just abandon them.' 'You will not be, you will be teaching them to be independent.' 'Was it difficult for you to let your son go?' 'Exceptionally.'
'So you know what I'm going through.'
'You have my sypathy and support.'
'What would I do without you Teal'c?'
He looked at her a little puzzled.
'Thank you, as always, your wisdom exceeds your years.' 'I thank you for your kindness.'
She stood, being careful of the child and kissed Teal'c on the forehead. 'My strength, the embodiment of reason.' she said to him in his native tongue. He smiled at her warmly and watched her walk away.

'Hey missy Rain.' Daniel yelled to her across the village. 'What's up doc?' she giggled.
'I just spoke to Jack, he's not a happy bunny, he said you were staying here.' 'No, I'm not.'
'You're not? Thank goodness.'
'I'm replacable.' she giggled.
'No, really you aren't. If you did stay here, not only would I miss you like hell, I would be left with Jack, who would be in the world's foulest moods.' He grinned. 'You love him really.' She kissed his forehead softly. He raised an eyebrow. 'You going to tell him?'
'Not yet, I have to go do something first.' 'What's that?'
'Let my children go.'

Rain called a meeting in the centre of the village, which everyone attended, with the exception of Jack who said he had to pack. The villagers looked at Rain with anger in their eyes. 'My people.' she said loudly. 'I know you have all heard what I told Jaramayal and I guess you are all wondering if it is true.' Many voices were raised saying that they were. 'It is true, I am not a goddess.' she paused for breath and listened to the thoughts of the villagers. Only the children were still supporting her. 'I have been trying to tell you for some time, but due to one thing or another the message was never really clear.' Her eyes began to mist over. 'I am sorry if you feel I have deceived you, I never meant that to happen, I still love you all deeply, you're well being is paramount to me, but I can not protect you forever. Due to my ostracism from the goa'ould system lords, they may not respect you any longer as I have no real power over them, they may decide to attack you, from which I can only offer you limited protection.' Tears began to run down her cheeks and her voice shook a little. 'God, you can not conceive of how difficult this is for me. Um....I will be leaving you tommorow.' Voices shouted their disaproval and Rain's bottom lip quivered. 'Please, let me finish. I know you all better than you know yourselves, and I know how strong you all are. We are going to provide you with weapons to defend yourselves with and teach you how to use them, but apart from that, I can not offer you much more. A very wise friend of mine told me that a good parent always knows when it is time for their children to make their own way in the world, even if it is agony to do so.' she stopped a moment and looked to Teal'c, drawing strength from him. 'I want you to know how much I love you all, even though I have failed you, I will still be keeping a watch over you, but I believe it is better that you are allowed to grow by yourselves into individuals that do not feel they must be constrained by their beliefs. I want to free you all, I want you to be strong. On Earth, we do not tend to our plants as we should, but still they grow and grow strongly, I am hoping that you, my children will do the same. I understand that you are all feeling betrayed but I am doing this for your own good.' The tears stung her eyes as she continued. 'Please forgive me.' She looked out over the people to find many of them were weeping also. Jaramayal stepped forwards and embraced her. 'I am afraid we have taken advantage of you, you are but a child yourself, such responsibilty we have placed upon your young shoulders, it was not fair of us to do such a thing. It is us that must be forgiven.' Rain smiled through the tears.
'I love you all, you are like my children, it is so hard to let you go.' 'You will come back and visit us from time to time.' 'If you will allow me?'
'Of course.' he smiled and embraced her again. The whole village voicing encouragements. The children clung to her skirts again, nothing had really changed, just that her children would have to find their own way from now on.

'Any room for a rejected goddess wanna-be?' Jack turned around slowly.
'Changed your mind?' he said a little bitterly. 'It's your animal magnetism.' she smiled sheepishly. 'What happened? Don't they want you anymore?' 'Jack, I'm sorry.'
'You were willing to stay, what made you change your mind.' 'A very wise Jaffa.'
'Teal'c?'
'Of course.'
'What did he say to change your mind?'
'A good parent has to know when to let their children go.' 'Children? You see them as your children?' She looked at her feet.
'Yes, in a way. I liked being a mommy.' she smiled sadly. 'I'm sorry I didn't realise.'
'I am tied to them in ways even I don't understand. Their blood is in my veins, they looked to me for protection and comfort so in a way they looked to me as a mother.' 'Not a goddess?'
'A god or goddess can only do so much, most are distant or unseen, a mother is never either of those things.' 'But you didn't want to come here before.' 'Only because once I get here, I hate to leave.' she smiled. 'Last time, I didn't leave for six months.' 'Really?'
'uh huh, the system lords were mad!' she smiled in reminiscence. Jack wrapped his arms about her waist and kissed her forehead. 'You gunna miss them?'
'Of course, I'll visit, but I liked being a mom.' she sad a little sadly. 'You can still be mom, just one who lets them learn to be themselves.' She sighed and buried her head in his jacket. He ran his hands through her hair softly.

It took a long time to say goodbye once they were finished teaching Rain's 'children' to defend themselves. Rain had managed to hold the tears in, even though the whole village were sobbing, until one of the children begged her not to leave. 'I have to hunny, I don't really want to, but I have to.' 'But why?' the child sobbed.
'Well, you see Jack?'
'uh huh.'
'Well, in truth I have to look after him, he isn't really allowed to be left on his own. But I know you can.' she smiled. 'You trust me more than Jack?'
Rain giggled and bent down to whisper in his ear 'Yes, but don't tell him I said that.' he giggled. 'You have to stay here and look after everyone while I'm gone, ok?' 'Yessum missy Rain.'
'I'll be back soon, I promise.'
'Ok.'
Rain wiped the tears from her eyes and waved goodbye before stepping through the gate.

After the debriefing session Jack and Rain left to go home. Once they had gotten through the door, Rain collapsed on the couch. 'I could sleep forever.' she murmered.
'Ok, you go to sleep hunny, I'm gunna go get something.' She was too tired to be curious.
'Ok..' she mumbled, but was asleep as soon as her head touched the couch.

Rain was awakened by a snuffling noise. She opened an eye curiously, not really wanting to know what was making that noise. A huge white box sat on the floor by her head, it had a huge red bow about it and had several holes in the box. 'Open it then!' Jack said, a grin on his face. 'What is it?'
'If I told you that, it wouldn't be a surprise would it.' She approached the box cautiously, aware that Jack was being very careful to shut off his thoughts to her. It wobbled and continued its snuffling. She carefully untied the ribbon and the lid began to move. She lifted it carefully to find two huge brown eyes staring at her. 'AW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' She lifted the little black puppy from the box and cuddled it, the whole time it was licking her hands excitedly. 'He's a Doberman, I remember you said you liked them.' 'Aw! Jack...he's beautiful!' she stood and hugged Jack, the puppy caught in between, licking Jack's hands and Rain's face. 'Whatcha gunna call him?'
'hmmm.... it's a bit if a contradiction but it'll have to be Anubis.' 'Anubis? The Egyptian death god?'
'Uh huh.'
'Why?'
'Cause he's soooooo lively.' She cuddled him again and kissed his head. 'You are so beautiful, yes you are!' she giggled. 'Thank you Jack, so much.'
'Well, he needs a mommy, so I thought...' he couldn't finish as Rain was kissing him, Anubis trying to climb up her arms.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Rain