Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Influence

by Rain
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Influence

Influence

by Rain

Title: Influence
Author: Rain
Email: raven_guest@hotmail.com
Category: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance, Series
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/other
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: minor language, violence
Summary: 6th in my Rain/Isis series, it would be easy to understand if you read the others, but is a complete story. Jack encounters another side of his team when an alien presence infests them.
Sequel to: Isis, Return of the Rain, Monsoon, Valentine, Visitor
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

SG-1

Episode; Influence.

Colonel O'Neill's personal log;

June 28th

Today we visited the planet p39x1, nothing unusual there, looked like just about every other planet we have encountered, trees, breathable air, the usual. The only real difference was the situation, the people attacked us on sight, the supposedly peaceful citizens came at us with pitchforks and various other farming impliments. Had we not been in danger it would have been funny, a serious cliche for hillybilly types. Anyway, we got out of that one with help from Rain, as usual. I really dont know what we'd do without her way with people. Daniel was always the one for talking to people on first contact, but Rain has a charisma that people seem unable to resist. And when she smiles... anyway. She talked them out of it and we managed to form an alliance with the people who were very hospitable when they were done trying to run us through with pitchforks. Major Carter spent the evening taking readings with various instruments and Daniel spent his time with Teal'c learning about the people's culture so I actually got to spend some time with Rain, which really doesn't happen as often as I would like, what with the professional attitude we have to adopt. We spent the evening around a 'camp' fire listening to the villagers singing folk songs and generally celebrating a new friendship between our peoples.

'You ok missy? You're very quiet.'
'And that's a bad thing, why?' Rain giggled watching the fire reflected in his eyes. 'It's not, I just want to check you are ok.' 'I'm fine, don't worry so much, I have a bit of a headache, but I'm ok.' She smiled. Jack looked around to make sure none of his team were around before rubbing Rain's shoulders. 'Thank you, are you sure you're not picking up the mind reading thing?' He grinned. 'No, you just looked tired.' 'I am a little but I'm ok.'
Daniel appeared looking excited about something, he noticed Jack was looking guilty. Rain smiled at him. 'I'm sorry, did I interupt something?'
'No, of course not, what makes you think that?' Jack stood defensively. Daniel smiled at Rain but hid it quickly. 'Nothing, anyway, I've been talking to the villages and guess what?' 'They worship Isis?' Jack said a little irritably. 'Not quite, up until recently they worshipped Hathor, until they discovered that she was a false god.' 'Really?' Rain said interested.
'Fascinating.' Jack said sarcastically. 'Yes, apparently she was found out when she failed to notice small things such as people being missing etc. Then they saw her cut herself and realised she was as much a mortal as they were.' Jack was staring at the fire intently. Rain nudged him slightly but he didn't seem to notice. One of the young ladies of the village had approached, who clearly had taken a shine to Daniel. 'Dr.Jackson, would you like to come dance with me?' she asked quietly. 'Uh....I'm not really a dancer...'
'Go on Daniel, I want to see you dance.' Rain teased. Daniel rolled his eyes. 'Uh...ok...I guess.' he said politely, she took his hand and lead him over to where the villagers were dancing. Rain smiled as she watched Daniel dancing awkwardly, slightly embarrased. 'He's a very good dancer once he gets over himself.' Rain said to Jack. 'I'm sure he is.'
'Jack.'
'What?'
'What's wrong?'
'Nothing.'
'Don't lie to me mister.'
He turned to look at her a frown on his face, but it faded when he looked her in the eyes. 'I hate it when you do that.'
'Do what?'
'You know full well there missy.'
She batted her eyelids in mock innocence. Then she cringed and clasped her head tightly. 'What is it?' Jack asked concerned.
'My head....I'm fine, it just hurts a little.' 'Don't lie to me.' he said with a grin. 'I'm fine.'

Daniel came back from his dance, his face a little red from the villagers praise, to find Jack leaning over Rain who was lying on the ground clutching her head. He ran over. 'What's wrong?'
'I don't know, she said she had a headache, but it seems to be getting worse.' 'We should get her back home.'
Jack picked up Rain while Daniel went to track down Sam and Teal'c and to explain what had happened to the villagers.

'We can't go home.' Sam said looking at her instruments. 'And why not?' Jack said, not meaning to snap, but worried about Rain. 'The villagers are able to predict solar flares from their sun, there is going to be one any moment now. We can not risk gate travel during a flare.' Jack sighed remembering the time they had been transported to 1969. 'Can you treat her Major?'
'Sir, it could be anything, I know next to nothing of Goa'ould physiology, we can not risk giving her any kind of medicine.' 'Ok, we'll take her back to the village, maybe they can help.' The rest of SG-1 followed behind Jack as he walked towards the village.

'Is there a doctor anywhere, I need help.' Several villagers rushed over and relived Jack of his precious burden. 'God I spend entirely too much time carrying her around.' Jack said sadly following the villagers into the village. 'She'll be ok Jack.' Daniel said comfortingly. 'I hope so.'

Inside one of the larger buildings, the villagers had laid Rain down to wait for the doctor. Jack was expecting a witch doctor of sorts and wasn't disapointed. The doctor walked in, a very tall man, well dressed and clearly well fed. His face was slightly grim when he saw his patient, he didn't even greet anyone he just set to work. The doctor knelt down next to Rain, who was by this time unconscious, and examined her closely, feeling her head and checking her pulse. 'What happened?' He turned to Jack.
'Nothing, she complained of a headache and then collapsed shortly after.' The doctor looked through the bag he had been carrying and pulled out several dries herbs. He turned to the owner of the house. 'Make an infusion with these and some hot water and bring it to me.' 'Is there anything I should know about? Any previous illnesses like this?' 'No, not like this.' Jack said looking at her in concern. 'She has a goa'ould inside her.' Daniel said quietly. Jack shot him a look but said nothing. The doctor's eyes widened for a moment before his face became a blank canvase once more. 'May I ask which one?'
'Isis.' Daniel said carefully, hoping this wouldn't turn into a witch hunt. 'I see.' he said, although what he meant Daniel wasn't sure. 'I can not treat the goa'ould but I may be able to do something for the host.' The infusion was brought over and drained, the herb put into a muslin bag and placed inside Rain's collar. 'We should allow her to sleep now, we shall see how she is when she awakes.' 'We should get her home..' Daniel began but was cut off by the doctor. 'Do not move her, allow her to wake naturally.' 'But..'
'But nothing, you should not move her until we can determine what is wrong with her.'And with that the doctor waltzed out without a word to anyone.

When Rain awoke, everybody else seemed to be asleep. She opened her eyes slowly and looked about her, not knowing where she was, but feeling better when she saw SG-1 sleeping on the floor around her. She yawned slightly and got up carefully so as not to stand on anyone, and walked outside quietly. The twin moons were full in the sky and their light fell softly on her skin causing her to smile, and shiver a little. She put her hand to her neck and picked up the muslin bag, eyeing it suspiciously. Rain stretched, her muscles aching slightly and decided to go for a walk, feeling very energetic all of a sudden, a little worried about how long she had been asleep.

She had been walking for several hours when she came to a beautiful lake, surrounded on all sides by trees that looked like willows. She climbed into the branches of the nearest one and dangled her feet into the water. Something caught her eye, a white bird gliding across the surface of the water silently. Rain smiled at it as it swam towards her, its dark eyes catching the moon light. She tried to speak to it and found that it was not thinking anything, not in the sense that other birds think, its mind was devoid of thought. She found it very curious so stretched out her hand when the bird swam underneath her feet, and stroked its pure white feathers. The bird's head fell to the side lifelessly as she realised it was dead. She retracted her hand quickly, the shock caused her to fall from the tree into the water. She hit her head hard on a rock, but didn't lose consciousness. She put her hand up to where a cut should have been to find blood, but no wound and no pain either. 'Isis what the hell just happened? I've cut my head but their is no cut.' 'I have healed it.'
'You healed it that quickly?'
Silence.
'Isis?'
'I don't understand how I achieved this but I have healed it.' Rain rinsed her hand in the lake, then decided to retrieve the poor bird's body. She held the soft white creature in her hands, not really sure of what to do with it. She carried it over to some soft ground and proceeded to dig a grave for it when Isis interupted her. 'Rain, wait a moment.'
'What for?'
'I wish to try something.'
Rain closed her eyes as Isis instructed her to do and felt a soft throbbing from the creature's chest. Rain opened her eyes to see the bird do the same thing. It looked at her in what could only be described as appreciation before stepping out of her arms and making its way back to the lake. 'Isis, please tell me you did that.'
'I think I did.' Isis sounded as surprised as Rain felt. 'How....?'
'I am unsure. I have never been able to resurect anything, or heal my hosts so quickly.' Rain held her head a moment, the pain returning briefly. When she opened her eyes she realised she could see for miles, not just the area around her, but through the trees, back to the village, she could even see inside the house where SG-1 still slept. 'Isis, you're scaring me.' Rain said, her voice shaking slightly. 'I do not wish to frighten you, but I am scaring myself.'

Jack awoke to find Rain sat on the edge of the bed watching him intently, she looked as though she were in a trance she was concentrating so hard. She seemed to snap out of it when she saw he was awake. 'Rain, are you both ok?' He said standing quickly and embracing her. 'We're.....fine. Actually, I have never felt so good.' 'Are you sure?' He looked up at her head. 'You're bleeding.' 'No, I'm not.'
He reached up into her hair to find a wound, but could not. 'How did you manage to cut yourself?'
'I went for a walk last night.'
'You what? Anything could have happened to you..' 'Jack, I have to show you something.' Her face was a little flushed and her eyes a little too bright, but she looked desperately at him. 'Ok, but I'm not letting you out of my sight.'

'Where are you taking me? The others will be waking up soon.' 'It's not far.' Rain said taking his hand and leading him over the rocky terrain. They arrived at the lake, Jack a little short of breath from the hike. 'It's a lake.' he said looking at her in curiosity. 'It's not the lake I have to show you.' Rain said letting go of his hand. 'Watch.' Rain turned to face the lake and closed her eyes. A moment passed...and then the water began to move, tendrils of water weaved their way skyward from the lake and entwined, ever moving. They seperated, entwined once more, the whole surface of the lake came alive, dacing to some silent music before it was still again. 'Did you, uh...do that?' Jack asked, searching her eyes. 'Yes.' she said, her eyes clear and still focused upon the lake. 'That is not all.' She closed her eyes once more and Jack watched as Rain's form began to change shape, her body seemed to close in on itself until in her place stood an elegant white swan. She closed her eyes again and returned to her original form. 'Oh my god............' Jack just stared at her, fear tinging his eyes. 'How did you.......how?.....' 'I don't know. I came down here last night while you all were sleeping. I felt really energetic, almost drunken with energy. I walked to the lake and sat in this tree, there was a dead bird and Isis resurected it, and I hit my head, but I felt no pain and there was no wound.' Rain looked a little frightened. 'She brought it back from the dead?' Jack said trying to comprehend. 'Yes, but even she doesn't know how she did it.' Rain was shaking slightly. Jack pulled her into his arms and held her until the shaking stopped. 'Her powers are growing Jack, but we don't know how. The Goa'ould's powers never grow, they remain the same from birth.' 'It's ok, we'll work out what is happening, maybe Dr.Frasier can help when we return.' Rain nodded her head and tried to smile. 'Why do you look so sad? This could be wonderful for you.' Jack said, trying to cheer her up. 'But where will it end?'
'I don't know little bird.' he said holding her again.

They were both silent on the way back to camp, both were lost in their own thoughts. Rain was talking to Isis about the issue, while Jack was lost in thoughts of her leaving him. 'What happens when she realises what she is and leaves?' he thought sadly. 'I would never.' Rain said loudly.
'Huh?'
'I would never leave you Jack.'
'I know...I just......'
'Jack, can I borrow your knife please.' 'Uh...sure.' Jack pulled the knife from it's sheath and handed it to her cafefully. Rain took it and ran the point of the blade across her palm, not flinching or cringing. As soon as the skin parted, it closed again, the wound healing itself almost instantaneously. 'Rain....how...'
She held the knife in both hands and stabbed it hard into her thigh. Arterial blood began to pump through the wound for a moment until it ceased and all that remained was the cut in her trousers. She cleaned the knife on the grass then handed it back to him. He just stared at her in shock and morbid fascination. She reached into his jacket and pulled out his hand gun. 'Rain, don't even think about...' Jack moved to stop her. She held the gun to her stomach and pulled the trigger, she flinched at the noise, but nothing more. Jack could see though the hole in her shirt that the flesh was pulling itself back together and a dull thud signalled the bullet being pushed from her body onto the ground by her feet. She picked it up and stared at it. 'No more.' Jack said, his throat a little taught. 'Jack, this is scaring me.'
'It's scaring me too.' he said, putting his arm about her shoulders and leading her back to the village.

As soon as they came through the trees, Daniel ran towards them looking relieved. 'Where were you? We were worried.'
'It's ok Daniel, we're fine.' Jack said, although he didn't sound convinced. 'Jack, she shouldn't have left the village, she's not well.' 'Hello? I'm stood right here you know.' Rain said a little irritably. 'I'm sorry, I just know how stubborn you are.' he said grinning, he face fell when he saw how worried they both looked. 'What's wrong?' 'Isis' powers are growing.' Jack said quietly. 'That's great!.....isn't it?'
'Isis is frightened.' Rain said, her legs looking as though they were about to give way beneath her. Jack grabbed her arm to steady her.
'I'm fine Jack, stop fussing.' she hissed. Jack looked at her in surprise. 'I'm sorry, I'm just really scared.' 'It's ok.' Jack said eyeing her cautiously. 'Don't look at me like that.' Rain said before storming off in the direction she had just come from. 'Rain! Rain come back.' Jack yelled after her. Daniel and Jack ran into the trees behind her to find she was gone, she had completely disappeared. 'How in the hell....?'
'She's just disappeared? That's not possible.' Daniel stuttered.

Back in the village Teal'c and Sam were looking for Jack, Daniel and Rain, without success. They began to question villagers to see if anyone had seen anything, but no one had. They had began to search the borders of the forest when Daniel appeared looking breathless. 'Daniel? What happened?' Sam rushed towards him in concern. 'I don't know, we were attacked, Jack has been captured.' 'Where is Rain?' Teal'c asked his voice hiding the concern he clearly felt. 'She ran into the trees, we were following her and we were attacked.' 'We should warn the villagers and then head out to search for them.' Sam said. 'Sam, you don't understand, Rain attacked us.' 'Rain attacked you? She captured Jack?' 'I think so, it all happened so quickly, I was knocked out.' Sam stared at him for a moment like he was crazy before picking up her gun and walking into the trees. 'Sam, you have to believe me, Rain attacked us.' 'We'll see Daniel.' she said, not turning to look at him as she headed further into the forest.

It was growing dark by the time they had found any signs of tracks, Teal'c being a skilled tracker was unable to find anything, not even at the site at which Daniel told them that they had been attacked. No broken twings, no disturbed foliage, no footprints, nothing. Until they came to the lake. 'How....?The lake, it was full earlier.' Daniel said gasping. Sam looked at him, unsure. 'I don't see how it could have been, the bed is bone dry, there are no dead fish or organisms.' Sam stepped down into the river bed, looking for any signs that Daniel was right. 'Are you sure it wasn't another lake?'
'No, it was definately this one, Rain brought us here, then when we headed back she attacked us where I showed you.' Daniel ran a hand over the dry bed, looking confused. 'I don't understand how this could have happened.' 'Daniel is correct Major Carter, there are several sets of footprints leading both to and from the lake side.' Teal'c said surveying the area. 'Any sign of where Rain went?' Sam asked looking concerned. Teal'c continued to search the area, he found several scratch marks along the side of one of the trees. 'Major Carter.'
Sam walked over to see what Teal'c had found. 'The tree bark is damaged, something heavy was dragged up this tree.' 'If Rain was travelling through the trees, it would explain why there are no tracks apart from here.' Daniel said thoughtfully. 'But what was she dragging?' Sam asked. 'Jack.' Daniel said cringing.

Several miles from where the rest of SG-1 were stood contemplating their next move, Rain was sat watching them. Her new visual acuity scared her slightly, but it seemed to be coming in useful. Jack lay near her feet, unconscious. Rain gathered some dry sticks and began to build them into a small tower several feet from where they sat. Once the pile was aranged see sat and stared at the pile, her eyes narrowed to slits. A spark appeared at the bottom of the pile and began to lick at the flames until a fire burned strongly. Jack began to stir as he felt the heat on his face. Rain tilted her head and watched him in fascination. Jack groaned, his muscles, bones, joints, everything ached, he felt as though he had been in a fight, and had the bruises to show for it. His eyes began to focus and he saw Rain watching him. 'Ow. Rain? What happened?'
She stared at him with eyes that looked through him, or at least past him, she did not even seem to acknowledge the fact that he had spoken. 'Rain?' He tried to get up, but realised his hands and feet were bound. 'Is this some kind of joke?' He looked at her, trying to get a reaction, but she continued to look past him. 'Damnit Rain, what's going on?'
Her eyes focused until she was actually looking at him now. She stood and made a move to walk into the trees, but Jack made a grab for her ankle. 'RAIN! What is going on?'
She kicked at his hands viciously before heading into the trees, moving in a similar way to the unas, her body stooped a little, her head ever moving, she seemed to smell the air and then was gone into the trees. Jack raised himself into a sitting position and looked around their 'camp.' It was a small clearing in the trees, the forrest on one side, a rock face on the other, with a fire several feet away. Jack eyed it with suspicion. 'How did Rain light that fire if she is such a pyrophobic?' he thought. He tried to think of what would cause Rain to act like this. Was it something in the atmosphere? Alien pollen like the last time? Why were Isis's powers growing? None of it made any sense to him. He managed to get to his feet and proceeded to search the rock face for a sharp rock to break the bonds upon his hands and feet. He found several sharp rocks and began to rub the harsh rope across then, hoping it would eventually snap.

Teal'c had managed to climb into the branches of one of the trees and was searching for signs of which direction they had travelled in. 'They appear to have travelled in this direction Major Carter.' Teal'c said climbing down from the tree. 'Ok, move out, we'll travel in this direction unless we find reason to change. Hopefully, they haven't had too much of a head start, there is only so long Rain can carry Colonel O'Neill for and they would have to stop for water.' 'Not nessasarily Sam, Isis's powers are growing, that could include her strength and stamina, it is like when we had the armbands on, we were able to perform much better for a lot longer.' Sam sighed audibly. 'Well we'll have to hope they stopped at some point, we have no other way of finding them.' Sam walked ahead further into the trees.

Jack had managed to free his arms, and was trying to free his legs when Rain returned. Jack hid the frayed ends of the rope, but she had already seen them. She walked towards him and struck out viciously at his face. His skin was torn open from the ring upon Rain's finger, a huge gash ran the length of his right cheek. Jack put his free hands to his face and stared at her in shock, not from the pain, but from the action. 'Rain?' he stared at her, trying to implore her to see what she was doing. 'Isis?' Rain tilted her head and closed her eyes. 'Colonel O'Neill?'
'Isis, is that you? What the hell is going on?' 'I have lost control of Rain, there is another entity inside her, I can not over power it, it is too strong. I am sorry for all it has done, Rain is heartbroken.' 'What does it want?'
'I do not know, it will not communicate with us, it has taken me this long just to be able to talk to you.' 'What can I do?'
'We do not know.......' her eyes closed and she growled deeply before striking Jack again. 'It's back.' Jack said falling to his knees. Rain had been strong before, thank goodness whatever was inside of her wasn't hitting him as hard as it was able. Jack was on his knees breathing heavily before she struck him again across the back of the head, he fell unconscious to the floor. She picked him up and carried him back into the forrest, extinguishing the fire before doing so.

'Major Carter.' Teal'c indicated that he had found something. They held their weapons infront of them before searching the area, it was deserted. 'This fire has been extinguished recently.' Teal'c said, the fire was still smoking. Daniel picked up a small shred of rope and handed it to Sam. 'Someone must have been bound and broke the bonds on the rocks.' Daniel said, finding more shreds upon the jutting rocks. 'We seem to be catching up, what direction did they go?' Teal'c followed the tracks into the forrest. 'They appear to have travelled in this direction, but there is only one set of foot prints.' 'She must have carried Jack.' Daniel offered. 'That appears to have been the case Daniel Jackson.' Teal'c said, raising his waepon and heading into the trees in the direction of the footprints.

Jack was wakened by his head bumping off Rain's back as he was being carried over her shoulder. He felt as though his head was about to explode, it was so painful he nearly lost consciousness again. Very carefully he raised his hand to his sheath and pulled out the knife. Whenever they got close enough to a tree he cut a notch into it to help SG-1 find them. 'God I hope this works.' he thought, then realised the creature may be able to read them. But she did not stop, the occasional branch whipping him in the face as they travelled surprisingly quickly considering she had been carrying him for, well he didn't know how long.

Some time later they came to what appeared to be their resting place for the night. Rain had followed the rock face around until they were the other side of it, she clearly knew where she was going. She left the fringe of the trees and headed towards the rocks. There was an opening in the face, it appeared to be a cave of some description. Jack was thrown from her shoulder at the entrance and his arms were tied again. 'Rain. Fight it, whatever it is, fight it.' He was rewarded with another hit, this time a hard punch to the shoulder. He heard a sickening noise and realised his arm had been dislocated. 'Ow! There was no need for that. Get the hell out of her body.' Jack was losing his temper, which given the situation was not the best thing to do. She raised her arm again and was about to strike his other arm when it froze midway. Her arm was shaking violently, her face a picture of surprise and anger. 'Rain? Rain, fight it. You can do it, fight it.' The arm swung back towards the body and punched itself in the jaw. The creature screamed in pain and anger, its eyes rolling back into her skull. 'Rain!' Jack continued to shout encouragements to her, clearly she couldn't take seeing him being harmed any more. The creature was thrown to the floor and began to roll around, occasionally beating itself in the head. Jack's eyes widened in fear, whichever one of them won, Rain was harming herself. 'STOP! Rain!'
The creature stopped and lay panting on the floor, unable to move from exhaustion. When it finally rose to its feet, it looked at Jack with contempt, but made no move to hit him again. She moved out of the cave to gather more wood, continually looking over her shoulder at Jack, if he moved she hissed at him vemonously and moved towards the cave again. Another fire was built, this time Jack noticed the creature flinched once it was lit, and her body shivered a little before ragaining its composure. 'Rain? I saw that.' he said with a slight smile, it hurt his face so he stopped, putting a hand up to stop the new flow of blood. The creature looked at him in curiosity before moving towards him. She put a hand to his face, touching the cut curiously. 'Ow! What are you doing?'
The creature growled and hit his hand away when he tried to stop her touching his face. She pulled a water flask from her pocket and poured a little into her hand, bathing the cut upon his face. He cringed, but made no move to stop her, he didn't wish to incur her wrath again. She made a noise in her throat which reminded Jack of the noise Anubis made when he was sad. Rain said it sounded like he was crying and always dropped whatever she was doing to comfort him. Jack looked at her in surprise.
'What?'
She touched the wound then made the noise again. 'Ow! I don't understand, you want Daniel, the lingust.' he said sarcastically. She nuzzled into his neck slightly which he assumed was an apology of sorts. 'It's ok, it doesn't hurt THAT much.' he said quietly. It closed its eyes for a moment, then continued to wash his wound, bathing a piece of material and cleaning it very carefully for him, its eyes watching him all the while. Whenever he flinched it made the crying noise again. She took his knife from its sheath and made a small incision in her palm, when the blood began to run through she held it against his cut. Jack flinched and whimpered quietly in pain. When she removed her hand, he put his over his cheek to find the cut was gone.

'How did you.....?' He looked at her, not sure of how to react, whether he should thank her or not. While he was debating this, she took his other arm and placed it by his side.
'What are you doing? That arm is kinda.....' he screamed as she kneed his arm near the shoulder.

'What in the hell are you doing? Trying to kill me?' She picked up his arm and massaged the shoulder. 'You fixed it?' He began to move the arm slowly and realised she had pushed it back into his socket, although the pain was worse now then when she had done it. The creature sat across from him and watched him intently as he moved his arm.

The rest of SG-1 were still in the forest, they had found the notches on the trees, but it was begining to get dark and more dificult to see them. 'We should make camp, we need to find a clearing.' Sam said, searching the area. They came to a small copse and began to make camp. 'We only have enough rations for tonight. We will need to find Colonel O'Neill tommorow, or we will have to head back and collect supplies as our water is also low. I'll take first watch, we should try to get some sleep and try again in the morning.'

Jack had curled up by the fire to try to get some sleep, he found it unerving the way she was staring at him. It was his Rain, but not, her eyes were different, a slight shine to them which he found creepy. He tried to talk to Rain mentally. 'We're going to get it out, just hold on. The rest of SG-1 will find us soon, we'll get home and we'll get it out of you.' It looked at him a little sadly before getting up and lying next to him. He edged away slightly but it made her make that heartbreaking noise again. 'I wish you wouldn't do that.' He said edging away again. She moved closer again and wrapped her arms about him, nuzzling into his neck again. 'Ah hell.' he said dejectedly.

Dawn came with her rosy fingers to find SG-1 waking from a restless night. The ground was hard, they were cold from the dew and various animal noises had kept them all from sleeping. Sam stretched, feeling worse than she had the night before. 'We should head out.'
They gathered their things and began to search for more trees with notches cut into them.

Jack turned over in his sleep, dreaming that he was in Rain's arms. He woke to find he was, but it wasn't Rain. The creature was still asleep, but had her arms wrapped so tightly around his neck he couldn't have escaped. He nudged her in the ribs, not being able to breathe properly as she had tightened her grip. She awoke with a jerk, her eyelids fluttering for a moment. She looked so like Rain did when she slept he softened slightly and brushed her hair out of her eyes. She smiled at him when she opened her eyes and purred deeply in her throat. 'Rain?'
It frowned when he said that and jumped to its feet. 'Or not.' he said a little sadly.
'Can you understand what I am saying?' It looked at him in confusion, it seemed to read body language more than it could understand the words. 'Well then....I will be leaving soon, my team are on their way right now and then we are going to take you back with us and get you the hell out of Rain.' It tilted its head and smiled as he did. 'You didn't get a word of that did you?' he smiled to confuse it. It smiled back. 'Could you let me speak to Rain or Isis again?' It's eyes narrowed, it seemed to understand their names if nothing else. It growled again. 'I'll take that as a no.' He smiled at her again, and she returned it, her body relaxed a little. 'So, what now? Going to take me to visit the inlaws?' He grinned, it grinned back. 'Are you copying me?' He stuck his tongue out at her and she giggled. 'You laughing at me?' Jack grinned again. She stuck her tongue out at him. 'Hey missy that could count as insubordination.' She stopped to listen. 'What?' She smiled. He stopped talking. She moved over to him and put her hand on his jaw. 'Whatcha doing?' She smiled again. He looked at her not knowing what she was doing. She put her hand on his jaw again and moved it up and down. 'What? You want me to talk?' She smiled and let go when he spoke again. 'Uh...ok....what do we talk about? How we are going to kick your ass when my team arrives? You find that one funny? Ok, well when my team arrives we're going to...' he continued to talk and she stared at him smiling, apparently liking the sound of his voice. He forced a laugh out to see what she would do. She stared at him in curiosity and began to gigle. 'You like that? Ok, well if it burns some time until my team arrives...' Jack laughed again, she giggled uncontrolably. 'How about you untie these ropes?' He held his arms up. She looked at him in confusion. He pulled at the ropes to show what he meant. She bared her teeth at him. 'Uh oh. What did I do?'
She lunged at him, pushing him onto his back and tore at the rope with her teeth. 'Uh....that has to hurt...'
She had bitten through the rope on his arms and used his knife on those about his feet. 'Thank you.' he said rubbing his wrists to get the circulation flowing again. She looked at the red marks on his wrists and took hold of his hands. She made that sad noise again, which made Jack want to throw his arms around her and hold her, but he reminded himself it wasn't Rain. She stared at his wrists and began to lick them softly with her tongue, the way and animal does when they have a cut. 'I'm ok, really.' he said pulling his arms away. She make the noise again and moved her hand forward slowly to take his hands again. 'Fine, if it'll stop you making that horrible noise.' He said grumpily. She took a moment where it seemed she was considering what he was saying, before she was down on all fours crawling closer to him. 'Whatcha doing? Rain?' He began to back up against the wall and found he was trapped.

'The notches seem to stop here.' Daniel said running his fingers over the slit bark. 'They must have stopped near here.' Sam said optomisitically. 'Or they didn't get close enough to any trees to mark them.' Daniel said. 'Fan out, we'll search the surrounding area for a clearing, do not shoot if you see them. If she makes any move to attack, zat her.' Daniel cringed slightly, the thought of shooting his best friend with a zat gun horrified him, but he reminded himself that it may not be her acting like this.

The creature had Jack pinned against the rocks, his back pushed uncomfortably against the rough surface. She began to nuzzle his neck again and breathe deeply. 'Ok, stop that, I have a girlfriend who may not appreciate you doing that...' Jack tried to fight her off, but she had his wrists in her hands. She seemed to be smelling him, taking in his scent or so he thought. She pulled away for a moment before baring her teeth and biting his neck. 'Ow! Is this your attempt at seduction, because it really sucks.' She began to growl and continued to bite him about the neck, not trying to break the skin, but attempting to initiate some type of response. When he began to struggle, she bit him harder, becoming more violent, forcing him further back against the rocks. 'Hey! Quit it!' He pushed her backwards, away from him. She got up slowly smiling at him. 'Oh I really shouldn't have done that, you think I'm joining in don't you? Oh god.' She grabbed his collar and dragged him over to her, pinning him to the ground, her arms and legs either side of him, holding him down. 'Rain? Rain, stop her, god please stop her.' She began to tear at his jacket and suceeded in removing it, tearing it from his arms while he resisted. Jack kicked her in the stomach, trying not to hurt her, but to give her the message he wasn't interested. She began to cough violently, before turning on him again. He tried to get up from the floor, but she pounced on him once again and he found he couldn't move. 'Rain! Isis!' Jack began to shout hoping one of them could stop this creature from tearing his throat out, which seemed to be some type of mating ritual. She began to tear at his shirt, ripping it, unable to get it over his head as he had his weight on it. 'I'm flattered, really I am, but I'm with someone and she really wouldn't.....' She stopped for a moment, her head raised in the direction of the entrance of the cave. She began to growl as three figures appeared from the trees. They were unable to see her yet, but she knew it was only a matter of time. She forced her hand over Jack mouth to prevent him making a sound and picked him up, cradling him in her arm, the other still covering his mouth. She proceeded to carry him further into the cave, Jack struggling in her arms.

They reached the back of the cave as SG-1 entered it. 'Someone has been here recently.' Teal'c said. 'There appears to have been a struggle.' 'Search the whole cave, there may be a back passage.' Sam said searching the area. The creature sat huddled against the back wall, Jack held close to her in an attempt to stop him from struggling. He hit her in the shoulder and pulled away from her, shouting loudly to his collegues. 'In here!'
The creature hissed at him and jumped at him, holding him to the ground. Teal'c came in quickly pointing a zat gun at her. 'Do not move or I will be forced to shoot.' 'She doesn't understand what you are saying.' Jack said while trying to fight her off. The creature leapt off Jack and began to move towards Teal'c, hissing viciously. She made a move to jump at him, but he shot her just before she made contact, she fell to the ground shuddering. Teal'c lifted the gun again and pointed it at Jack. 'Teal'c, what are you doing?'
The gun was discharged and Jack fell to the ground next to Rain.

'Teal'c what happened?' Daniel came running into the back of the cave, his gun held high, but he lowered it when he saw Rain was unconscious. Teal'c ignored him, picking up Jack's unconscious body and throwing it over his shoulder, before running from the cave. 'What the...? Sam! Stop Teal'c!'
Sam turned to face Teal'c, but he knocked her flying as he fled from the cave. Daniel ran over to help her up.
'Are you ok?'
'I think so, what happened?'
'I don't know. I think the creature is inside Teal'c now.' They heard a groan coming from the back of the cave and turned to see Rain attempting to get to her feet. Daniel raised his zat gun and pointed it at her. 'Whoah! Daniel, it's me. The creature is gone.' 'Yeah, it's in Teal'c.'
'Oh god.' Daniel moved over to help her to her feet. 'Are you ok?'
'God I hurt.' She grinned sheepishly.
'What happened?'
'Well, whatever that thing is, it's not going to be happy.' 'Why?'
'Because it entered me to reproduce, Jack was clearly the one it marked for a potential mate. When it discovers it is now in a male body.....' Rain smiled slightly. 'This could either be very funny, or very sick.' Sam sighed. 'So it is going to come back looking for a female.' 'Probably. I don't kow what gender it is though. It is similar to the Goa'ould in the sense that it is paracitical, I must have caught it from one of the villagers as it can not live outside of a host, but clearly it can also take posession of a body which has a Goa'ould inside it. Isis and I were practically powerless against it.' 'Why Jack?'
'Because he is the perfect exampple of a perfect human male.' Rain giggled. 'He was the first male it encountered when it was inside me.' 'I see.'
'Are you jealous Daniel?'
'No!' he said, but she wasn't convinced. 'I beat the hell out of him, I dislocated his shoulder and hit him.' 'Well I'm certainly not envious then.'
'Would it be any use tracking them?'
'I'll go, you two stay here, I'm hoping Isis may be able to do something to extract it without harmling Teal'c.' 'Be careful and don't let it get back inside you, take a zat.' 'Thanks, this hopefully wont take too long.' Rain ran from the cave following the tracks Teal'c had left behind, the creature clearly didn't care about being discrete anymore.

'Teal'c?............Teal'c?' Jack was once again having his head hit off Teal'c's back as he was being carried. He had lost his knife in the fight so was unable to put notches in the trees. He was hoping Rain was following them, when he saw her in the tree above them. She put her finger to her lips. They continued through the forest, Rain following silently in the trees above. It seemed they were heading back the way in which they had come, from the lake or the village. Rain had to think quickly as he was travelling exceptionally fast and the village would mean plenty of other hosts for the creature to jump into.

Two hours later they had arrived at the lake, the creature stopped for a rest and dropped Jack to the ground. 'Ow! Do you have to keep doing that?' It turned and smiled at him, again listening to the sound of hie voice, thinking it was safe from persuers. 'You keep grinning away, my other half is gunna kick your ass when she gets here.' Jack smiled at it. It began to giggle again, but it sounded creepy coming from Teal'c's throat. Rain dropped down into a nearby tree without a sound and signalled to Jack. 'You ok hun?' she asked him mentally.
'Yes, can it hear your thoughts?'
'No, it could only do that because I could.' She swung down from the tree effortlessly and closed her eyes for a moment. 'What are you doing?'
'Making it rain.'
'Why?'
'It hates water, that's why it drained the lake.' Thunder rumbled over head. The creature looked up to the heavens, its eyes wide with fear. It looked at Jack for reassurance, but he just shrugged his shoulders. The creaure ran over to him and hid its head in his lap, shaking uncontrollably. 'It's ok, it's just Rain coming to kick your ass, it wont hurt......much.' The creature looked up when he said the word Rain and spun around to look straight at her. She waved with a sarcastic grin.
'Hi again.'
It stood up straight, growling and snarling. Rain pulled out the zat gun and fired it at the creature. It fell to the ground. She then pointed it at Jack. 'I'm sorry for what I'm about to do, but I can't risk it.' She pulled the trigger and Jack fell backwards. She then radioed their location to Sam before shooting herself with the weapon.

Rain opened her eyes to find Jack stood over her. 'You ok?'
'Yes, you?'
'uh huh.' He helped her to her feet.
'Is it gone?'
'It seems to be I can't sense it, nor can Isis.' 'So it's dead?'
'I don't know, it may have found an animal or insect or something to occupy, as it wasn't really a physical being it could occupy anything.' Jack looked around and shivered.
'It's not around here Jack, it's gone.' 'We should go back to the village and warn the people.' Sam said picking up their equiptment. 'Yes we should.' Daniel said a little sullenly. 'What's wrong with him?' Jack asked Rain mentally. 'He's a little upset that it chose you and not him.' 'Does he have any idea of the whumping I took?' 'I told him....about that Jack, I'm really sorry.' 'It wasn't your fault, you managed to stop it.' 'I know, but I feel like I should have done more.' 'It was you that stopped it.'
He took her hand and pressed it to his lips. 'Had you not made it beat itself up, I would probably still be taking a beating.' he said with a grin. She smiled warmly at him.
'Oh Jack...?'
'Yep.'
'Nice look for you, we should incorporate it into the uniform.' Jack looked down and realised he still wasnt wearing a shirt. 'Uh, Rain, can I borrow your jacket?'
She giggled, taking it off and handing it to him. They walked back to the village hand in hand, happy that the creature would not bother them again.

As soon as SG-1 had explained what had happened to the villagers, they began to panic. 'I do not believe there are any more, it must have been a stowaway from another planet or suchlike.' Rain said attempting to calm them down. They took some convincing, but eventually they were calmer about the situation after Rain explained what they should do if they encounter one again. 'Homeward bound.' Jack said cheerfully. 'I'm not going to miss this planet.' Sam grinned at Rain and they both giggled. 'What?'
'Nothing sir.' Rain said stiffling a giggle.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Rain