Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Bad Day

by Angel
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Bad Day

Bad Day

by Angel

Summary: An ickle peice of fluff, please R&R
Category: Romance
Season: any Season
Pairing: Jack/Janet
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 07/05/03

A/N- Muchly thankies to Tricia, bestest beta. This fic probably makes more sense if you assume a Jack/Janet established relationship.

Janet sighed as she finally reached the quiet sanctuary of her office, this had fast turned into a really, really bad day. SG's 4 and 6 had both returned with minor injuries and that had kept her busy for most of the morning. Just as she was finishing up with them, SG-9 had came home, two of their number suffering massive injuries after a twenty foot drop off the side of a cliff. She hadn't had a chance to sit down and relax for almost ten hours. Just as soon as she had sat down and slipped her shoes off, Jack O'Neill appeared at her office door.

"Mind if I come in?" He asked.

She rubbed her temples, behind which a headache was building. "Sure." She waved her hand with slight encouragement.

"You ok?"

"Fine." She replied somewhat sharply.

He stood awkwardly in the space in front of her desk.

"Something I can do for you, Jack?" She asked, her tone far softer than before, as she exhaled deeply.

"Umm...I, uh, wanted to give you this." He stepped forward thrusting a small, wrapped package into her hands.

She frowned, "What is it?"

"A birthday present." He smiled coyly.

She looked up at him, her eyes wide, "I didn't think anyone had remembered."

"Oh, um, Carter just did. I would give her an hour or two on it though." He smiled.

She returned the smile.

"So are you gonna open it?" He asked.

She did so, carefully taking off the wrapping paper avoiding ripping the paper.

"You know I hate it when you do that." He said smiling at the careful way she removed the paper.

"Why do you think I do it?" She joked.

She finally finished unwrapping it, it was a small box, she opened that to reveal a dazzling diamond ring.

"Oh, my god, Jack, it's beautiful."

"I thought you'd like it." He smiled, "You're still the same ring size, right?" He asked panicking slightly.

She smiled, "Yes, I'm still the same ring size."

"Good." He moved closer to her, rounding the side of the desk and taking the box from her hand. He kneeled down in front of her, on one knee.

Janet's eyes widened as she realised just exactly why Jack had been so nervous.

"Umm...you know me well enough to know I'm no good at this kind of thing. So...I...umm." He paused. "Willyamarryme?" He rushed out in one breath.

She smiled at his nervousness. "Of course I'll marry you."

He face erupted into a huge grin, and he stood up sweeping her up with him, he kissed her for what seemed like an eternity. Her hands having no time to move but to cup his face holding his lips to hers. He finally put her down, still grinning like an idiot, he placed the ring on her finger, it was a perfect fit.

His grinned even wider, though Janet had not thought it possible. He turned his gaze back to her, looking her in the eye, and Janet realised that this really wasn't such a bad day after all.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Angel