Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Running - Prologue

by Angel
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Running - Prologue

Running - Prologue

by Angel

Summary: After the events of Meridian, two friends do something they really shouldn't.
Category: Angst
Episode Related: 521 Meridian
Season: Season 5
Pairing: Jack/Janet
Rating: PG
Warnings: sexual situations
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 04/24/03

Title: Prologue to Running

Author : Angel

Season : Set right after Meridian

Sequel/Series : A prologue to my story running, which will follow soon

Pairing : Jack/Janet, but will change later

Disclaimer: Don't own, I just thought I'd borrow then and mess wit their heads.

Jack sighed as he heard a timid knock on the door, it had been a long day and he wasn't in the mood for door to door salesmen. He was shocked when he opened the door to reveal Janet Fraiser, looking somewhat bewildered.

"Doc?" He asked,

"I...um.....I wanted to talk." She hesitated.

"Come in." He stepped back from the door, allowing her to enter. She went through to his living room, sitting down on the couch. "What's up?" She looked up, telling him that that was a dumb question without having to say a word. "Sorry."

"No......it's my fault, I shouldn't have come." She stood up to leave, but Jack grabbed her arm,

"Stay." He said resolutely, "I could do with the company." He smiled weakly. She nodded, sitting back down. Jack sat next to her. "I have a pretty good idea why you came." He said when they were both settled,

"You do?"

"Yeah." He paused, "It wasn't your fault." They fell into a companionable silence for a few minutes.

"You want a beer?" Jack asked as he stood up.

"Yeah, please." She answered. Jack emerged from the kitchen a few minutes later with two beers.

"Thanks." She said as she accepted one. Again they fell into a silence, this time it was Janet who broke it, "So where do you think he'll go?" She asked,

"I don't know." Jack admitted, "Niether did he."

"I'm going to miss him." She said quietly.

"Me too." Jack admitted. He looked over to Janet and saw a tear escape from her eye, he reached out and tenderly wiped it away. "Hey." He said soothingly, "It's ok. He'll be back you know, even if it's just to bug the hell outta me." Janet smiled sadly. "Come here." Jack said opening his arms to her, she gratefully accepted the invitation, burying her face in his shoulder. Jack held her tightly, the day's events filling him with a need for the comfort of holding someone. They sat like that for a long time. Eventually Janet pulled away from the embrace.

"Thanks." She said, her face mere inches from his, their eye contact unwavering. Suddenly their lips were touching, and both found themselves overcome by need, niether stopping to think about the consequences.

Janet woke up, slightly disorientated for the second it took for her to recognise where she was, she was in Jack's house, in Jack's living room, on Jack's couch, with her head resting on Jack's chest.

"Shit!" She whispered quietly as the memories came flooding back. She carefully got up, doing her best not to wake Jack, grabbed her clothes, got dressed and got out of the house as quickly as she could.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Angel