Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Something

by Angel
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Something

Something

by Ångel

TITLE: Something
AUTHOR: Ångel
EMAIL: Cornish_Angel@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack Romance
SPOILERS: Solitudes
SEASON / SEQUEL: 3rd season
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: None
SUMMARY: Jack and Sam realise their true feelings for each other.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and all related characters are the exclusive property of MGM/UA and Showtime inc. This story was not written for monetary purposes, and I make no profit from this. The story itself is mine.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This is my first piece of romance fanfic and was just something I thought up on the spur of the moment. It was inspired by all the romance fanfic out there.

Major Samantha Carter slid into her seat on the plane and stared thoughtfully out of the window as the pilot taxied the plane along the runway. She was running away. She knew that, but how could she have stayed? Seeing him everyday and knowing that he didn't love her. He was Colonel Jack O'Neill, her CO. She had had to remind herself of that constantly over the last year or so. She had always loved him and she always would, but she had always thought that deep down inside he loved her to. But he didn't. She knew that now.

The night before had been the night of General Hammond's birthday party. SG-1 had organised it and the hall they had hired looked wonderful. Sam and Janet had spent the whole day decorating and were very proud of the results. Sam had worn a ankle length, satin, black dress with a very low neck line and a split up to the middle of her thigh. Jack's jaw hit the floor as she and Janet walked through the door. Sam smiled to herself, it was nice to be noticed for a change, and not treated like just another member of the team. Half way through the party Janet had been called back to the base on an emergency. Janet had made Jack promise to give Sam a lift home and apologised several times for not being able to take her home. It was about 11:30pm by the time that Jack pulled up in front of her house and walked her to the door. And there in the moonlight, outside her door, they kissed. A long, deep, passionate kiss. But Jack pulled away suddenly, apologised and left. He left Sam standing on the door step wondering what had gone wrong. The next day Jack had asked to talk to her after briefing. He told her that what had happened the night before had meant nothing and that it would be better for both of their careers if they just forgot about it. So she had handed in her resignation and left.

She couldn't of stayed even if she had wanted to. She had never realised before how much she relied on the possibility that Jack loved her as much as she loved him. She stared out of the window thinking of all the things that they had done together. The plane took off, taking her away and leaving all her problems behind her. She would land in D.C in a few hours.

When she arrived she checked into a posh hotel near the airport. Her room was airy and clean, with large windows and thick cream carpets. She lay down on the soft double bed and pulled the silky white covers over herself and fell asleep. Even in her sleep she was thinking of him. Of the first time that they had met, and all that they had been through together. How she had sat by his beside after what had happened in Antarctica, where they had been stranded. How she had willed him to wake up, willed him to be okay again.

She woke up with a start and couldn't help but cry, she let the tears flow freely down her face. When she finally looked at the clock it was almost 9pm. She decided to go out, to try and take her mind off of Jack. A night on the town would probably do her good. She got up and looked at her red face in the mirror. She snorted in disgust. Her make-up was smudged and her eyes were all puffy.

"You see what you do to me?" She mutter under her breath, knowing that he couldn't hear her.

"Well if I'm going out. I may as well make myself look presentable," she said to herself. She looked down at he crumpled clothes and decided to change. She opened her suit case and pulled out a slightly creased, pale blue dress and a pair of matching high heeled shoes. Janet had made her buy the outfit, telling her that she looked stunning. She pulled the dress down over her head and looked in the mirror, Janet was right. The dress was short but not too short, it came to the middle of her thigh. Sam suddenly felt guilty, she had not said good bye to her friend, let alone told her why she was leaving. She needed to stop thinking about home, stop thinking about her friends. She would only upset herself again and then she would give in and go home. Of course she would go home eventually, but she couldn't go now. She needed to clear her head, give herself time to think. Think about what she would do when she got home, she had resigned from the SGC and even if she hadn't she couldn't go back, not after what had happened. She decided not to think about that, not now anyway. She washed her face, put on some make-up, slipped her feet into her shoes and left locking the door behind her.

She ended up in the bar at the hotel. She had been to a few night clubs that were in the area, but was not in the mood to stay at any of them for long. So she had returned to the hotel and ordered herself a drink. The bar was quiet and there were not many people there. The bar man explained that most of the guests preferred to go to the night clubs. She quietly sat, listening to the music and slowly drinking her drink.

She was on her second drink when she heard a familiar voice behind her.

"Sam?"

She turned around to see Jack standing behind her, a concerned look on his face. Half of her was happy to see him and flattered that he had come to find her, but the other half told her to walk away before she said something that she might regret. She decided to leave, she didn't want to talk to him, not after what he had said. And he was probably only there as her CO or ex-CO, rather than as anything else. So without a word she got up and headed for the door. But Jack gently touched her arm, asking her to stay and talk with him.

"Look Sam, I know that you probably don't want to talk to me. But I just want to ask you why you left?"

Sam laughed to herself. Why did he even need to ask that? Couldn't he see how much he had hurt her? How it pained her to remember the coldness in his voice when he had told her that there kiss had meant nothing to him? A tear trickled down her cheek.

"How could I stay? How could I stay knowing that I meant nothing to you except as a friend, When I love you so much? I couldn't stay and see you every day, after what you said to me. When we kissed it meant something to me. And it hurt when you told me that it didn't mean anything to you." Now the tears were flowing freely down her checks, and she just wanted the world to open up and swallow her. She was embarrassed at what she had just said. She had just poured out her feelings to him, and she could see the surprise on his face. But what did it matter anymore, he wasn't CO anymore.

"I love you, Jack."

Jack pulled her towards him and wrapped his arms around her as she cried freely into his chest. He began stroking her hair.

"I love you, Sam." he said.

She pulled away and looked into his eyes and she could see that he meant it.

"But....."

"I got scared, Sam. I realised for the first time how much I really cared for you and it scared me. I love you, Sam. And when we kissed it did mean something to me. It meant so much, that I didn't realise it at first. But when you left, I knew that I couldn't live without you. I need you, Sam. And I love you so much."

"I love you too, Jack."

"I want you to come back with me. Come back to the SGC, Sam. We all need you, and I don't want to be there without you."

"I'll go back with you, Jack."

She leaned forward and kissed him. Holding him so tight, she would never let him go again.

Comments, feedback, constructive criticism are all appreciated

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Ångel