Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Sunny California

by Angel
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Sunny California

Sunny California

by Angel

TITLE: Sunny California
AUTHOR: Angel
EMAIL: angel_530@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: Nemesis
SEASON / SEQUEL: Season 4
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: m/f
SUMMARY: Sam is in a bind and Jack is there to help.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

**Well here goes nothin, what am I going to tell Amy if the Colonel says he can't go?** Major Samantha Carter said as she raised her hand to knock on her CO's door.

"Enter!" she heard from inside. Sam stepped in side Jack's office and noticed that it was a cluttered as she expected it to be, paper work everywhere, a few coffee mugs on his desk, the usual.

"Sir, I was wondering, If you don... '²t have anything to do this week, cause we are on leave and all, well I am going to California for one of my best friends wedding and for the honeymoon she is having us bridesmaids along at a resort for a few days. Well to but it bluntly, would you like to come with me?" She asked, taking a large breath, she noticed that the corners of his mouth started to rise as he lit up the room smiling.

"Well Carter, I have nothing better to do, so Yea, sure I'd love to come. When do we leave?"

"Uhhh... oh ummm... Tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. Meet me at my house?" She said, kinda surprised that he said yes.

"Okay, sweet. I'll see you then." **WOO-HOO I have a date with Sam, oh well not date but a weekend thing and it might turn into a few dates.** Jack thought as Sam exited his office.

9 a.m. on the Plane.

"Sir, there is something you need to know about this trip, and it is to late to turn back now so your kinda stuck." Sam said, turning to face him.

"And what would that be Carter?"

"I told Amy we were engaged."

"WHAT?! WHY?!"

"Well she's got this hot romance and I just got a little carried away and told her that we were involved and that you proposed to me."

"Carter... This is against Regs."

"But we aren... '²t really engaged, I mean we are goin to be miles away from the SGC, and you once told me that you weren... '²t big on regs. Please sir??"

"Well I can't resist those baby blues now can I? Fine I'll do it."

"Thank you sir! Oh and please don't embarrass me." She threw her arms around him in a hug.

"Anytime, Sam, don't you think that you should call me Jack now that we are engaged." Jack said, obliviously loving this.

"Sir... " Sam said with a sigh.

"Jack."

"Fine then si-, Jack."

When they got off the plane they were greeted by Sam's friend and her Fianc... ée. "Sam!!" Sam said, running towards Sam and giving her a hug.

"Amy, It's great to see you again, this is Jack" Sam said pointing at her companion.

"Jack? Oh I have heard so much about you." Amy said giving Jack a smile.

"Really? Well Sam has mentioned you before, oh and congrats on the wedding." Jack said.

"Thanks! Our car is this way, come on, we'll take you to the hotel and you guys can un-pack."

When they reached the hotel Sam and Jack were shown to their rooms.

"Wow.. This is.. BIG!" Jack said as they entered the room.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Sam said as she went into the bathroom and came out carrying a dry cleaners bag. "Here is your Bridesmaid dress Sam, you can try it on and make sure it fits for tomorrow, and around 7 tonight Mark and I are goin out to dinner, You guys want to come?"

Jack looked at Sam, noting the discomfort in her eyes.

"Sure, we'll be there." Jack said, when Amy and Mark left he threw down his suit case with a sigh.

"Well I can say this is a better than the mountain."

"Colonel, Sir, Jack, whatever, are you sure it's safe for us to go out to dinner with them?" Sam said with uncertainty in her eyes as she started unpacking.

"Why not Carter? It'll be fun."

With a snort, Sam grabbed a hanger from inside her suitcase and went into the bathroom to change. While Jack waited for her he grabbed the clicker and flicked on the TV, channel surfing. When Sam exited, Jack turned around, dropping the clicker as he saw how wonderful she looked.

"What's wrong, Jack?" Sam said.

"Uhh nothing, it's just I have never seen you wear a dress like that." Her dress was short, about 4" from the knee and was sheer black, with thin straps.

"Well Jack, contrary to what you guys may think, I am a woman."

"Ya think?"

"I was thinking, where are you going to sleep, there isn't any couches in here." Sam said as she picked up her shawl.

"Oh I'm sure we'll think of something." Jack said as they exited the hotel room and were off to dinner.

As Sam and Jack stepped into the restaurant they were greeted by a waiter who quickly took them to the table with Amy and Mark.

"So, I was wondering, Sam never mentioned how you two realized that you were in love. Do tell.." Amy said once the group had ordered.

Jack looked over at Sam, he noticed that she was starting to blush a little.

"Well, I first realized that she was the one when I was away for about 3 months, I couldn't get her out of my mind and then I just knew." Jack said.

"Ohhh how sweet. So Sam, what about you, when did you first realize that you loved Jack?" Amy said, picking up a bread stick and munching on it.

"Well now this one is a hard one, I would have to say when we were trapped in a cave, He had a few broken bones and internal bleeding, well I took care of him and I just couldn't help but falling head over heals in love." Sam said, looking down at her plate, slightly embarrassed.

"I can see that you guys are going to have a great marriage, you two look perfect when you are together." Mark said as their meals arrived.

After the dinner they decided to go out line dancing.

"Why are we doing this? This is not a guy thing." Jack whined as they entered the club.

"This is totally a guy thing, stop complaining, Amy and I used to do this all the time when we were in college, it's fun you'll see." Sam said, taking Jack's hand and practically dragging him inside.

"Maybe we could do some karaoke " Amy said as she and Mark headed towards the bar for some drinks.

"Karaoke?? No way.." Jack mumbled.

"Come on.." Sam said, her tone indicated that she was getting impatient.

"Fine. Let's dance." Jack said, sweeping her up into his arms as the song 'Amazed' by Lonestar came on.

They just stood there, slightly swaying to the music, not saying anything for fear that conversation might ruin the mood. They moved perfectly together, as if they were 1 person.

When the song was over Sam lifted her head from Jack's shoulder, looking into his deep brown eyes. He noticed her baby blue eyes twinkled as he leaned down, his lips meeting hers. They didn't even notice how passionate the kiss had gotten until Amy came up behind Jack and tapped him on the back.

"You two are fogging up the windows, maybe you should go back to your room." Amy said with a smirk.

"Maybe we'll do that." Jack said, taking Sam's hand and leading her out of the bar.

When they reached their hotel room, Jack quickly opened the door pushed Sam in and quickly closing it, Just when the door was closed he turned back around grabbing Sam's waist and pushing her up against the wall.

"You have no idea how much I want this." Jack said, kissing Sam hard.

"Mmmm, I think I have a idea, I have wanted this as much as you.." Sam said breathing hard when the kiss was broken.

THE NEXT MORNING::

"Mmmmmmm" Sam mumbled rolling over to look at a sleeping Jack. "Hey sleeping beauty, time to wake up, don't want to be late for the wedding."

She trailed her finger up along his arm trying to wake him but all she got was a few moans.

"Well if you want to play dirty " Sam said, sitting up and dropping the sheet that covered her body, she quickly stood and walked over to his side of the bed, pouncing on him.

"WOAH!" Jack yelled as he felt Sam pounce on him and straddle his chest with her legs.

"I said, time to get up, but you are a very hard sleeper." Sam said leaning down kissing his neck. "Well, after a night like that what do you expect."

"We need to get up and get ready for the wedding." Sam said, getting off him.

"You sure we can't go again?" Jack said with mischief in his eyes.

"Isn't 6 times enough?" Sam said walking into the bathroom.

"Never for me " Jack said, finally giving into her and getting up.

The wedding was very beautiful, Floral garland everywhere. Amy and Mark lived happily ever after, until she found out that he was having an affair with the next door neighbor. They are now going through marriage counseling but it's not looking good.

Sam and Jack returned to the SGC two days after the wedding and had a secret relationship for a while until they were discovered in a supply closet one late night, Hammond granted Sam her own team so her and Jack could continue having a relationship. They were married a month afterwards. Sam and jack now have a beautiful baby girl, Katie Anne O'Neill.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Angel