Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Inevitable, The

by Angel
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Inevitable

The Inevitable

by Angel

TITLE: The Inevitable
AUTHOR: Angel
EMAIL: Angel_530@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: None listed
SEASON / SEQUEL: Future
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: m/f, language
SUMMARY: None given
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: The first song is from Ricky Martin and it's called Private Emotion. I just thought it suited Sam and Jack perfectly, and the second song is called She's all I ever had, by Ricky Martin. It suits Sam and Jack even more! What can I say, I was going through my CD collection today.

"Come on Carter, it'll be fun!" Colonel Jack O'Neill said to his 2IC, Major Samantha Carter.

"Oh yea... Snow.. cold.. that sure sounds like a whole lot of fun, sir." Sam said.

"Warm blankets, cuddling, the O'Neill family recipe of hot coco, log cabins, warm fires, skiing." Jack could go on and on forever.

"Okay! Fine I give. Daniel, who are you taking?"

"Me? Oh.. just someone."

"Janet?" Sam asked.

"Yea.. how did you know?"

"She told me that you asked her." Sam said.

"Well Carter, you'd better get packing, our leave is already scheduled for 2 weeks." Jack said pushing Sam out of the room.

3 Hours later.

"Ahhhhhh beautiful!!" Jack said stepping out of the rented SUV.

"Yea sir, it is." Sam said, getting out right behind him.

"Too bad Teal'c wanted to go see his family instead." Janet said.

"Yea, it is, well we'd better go check in to our rooms, we each have our own rooms, thanks to the government." Jack said, grabbing his duffle bag and heading inside.

When they were all situated and unpacked, the four decided to go out to dinner at the local restaurant.

"Sam, while we're here, why don't you call me Jack. I mean we are in a beautiful resort, having fun, possible exploring our relationship." Jack said, taking Sam's hand and leading her onto the dance floor.

"Okay Jack, ya know I would really like that, exploring our relationship thing." Sam said, wrapping her arms around his neck as the music started.

Every Endless night has a dawning day Every darkest sky has a shining ray And it shines on you baby Can't you see You're the only one who can Shine for me

Jack looked into Sam's eyes and thought `This sounds like our song.' As the song played on, they got lost in each other's eyes.

It's a private emotion that fills you tonight And a silence falls between us As the shadows steal the light And wherever you may find it Wherever it may lead Let your private emotion come to me Come to me

Sam leaned her head on Jack's shoulder and sighed contently.

When you soul is tired and your heart is weak Do you think of love as a One way street Well it runs both ways, Open up your eyes Can't you see me here, How can you deny

Jack slowly leaned down, and brought Sam's head up so they faced each other. Their lips met in a soft, light kiss.

Every endless night has a Dawning day Every darkest sky has a shining ray It takes a lot to laugh as your Tears go by But you can find me here till your tears run dry It's a private emotion that fills you tonight And the silence falls between us As the shadows steel the light And wherever it may lead Let your private emotion come to me.

When the kiss broke, both could see the passion in their eyes.

Daniel looked over at his two best friends and turned back to Janet.

"It was inevitable ya know." Daniel said

"Oh I know, I saw it a mile away." Janet looked up into Daniel's eyes as he leaned down to touched his lips to hers ever so lightly.

Sam stayed in Jack's arms even as the next song came on, He looked down at her once more, checking to see if it was alright to kiss her again. He got his answer as Sam pulled his head down and kissed him passionately.

Here I am Broken wings Quiet thoughts Unspoken dreams Here I am Alone again And I need her now To hold my hand

She's all I ever had She's the air I breathe She's all, she's all I ever had

It's the way she makes me feel It's the only think that's real It's the way she understands She's my lover she's my friend And when I look into her eyes It's the only way I feel inside Like the man I want to be She's all I ever need

So much time So much pain There's one thing That still remains The way she cared The love we shared And though it all She's always been there

She's all, she's all I ever had In a world so cold, so empty She's all, She's all I ever had

It's the way she makes me feel It's the only thing that's real It's the way she understands She's my lover, she's my friend And when I look into her eyes It's the way I feel inside Like the man I want to be She's all I'll ever need.

Jack took Sam's hand and led it to his room, neither looking back nor forward, just looking together.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Angel