Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

What Could've Been. .

by Angel
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
What Could've Been...

What could've been...

by Dr. Angel

TITLE: What could've been...
AUTHOR: Dr. Angel
EMAIL: angel_530@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack, AU
SPOILERS:
SEASON / SEQUEL:
RATING:
CONTENT WARNINGS:
SUMMARY: None given
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Dr. Lili O'Neill walked down the corridor of the SGC faculty in the deep Cheyenne mountain when she heard a loud alarm going off and then a voice over the intercom saying "Dr. O'Neill please come to the control room." "What now" she mumbles to herself. "what the hell is going on?" She says as she walks into the command center "No teams are out. Do they have a code airman?" She stares at the stargate as it engages. "yes ma'am I- it's a sg-1 code ma'am"

Lili looks down at the airman startled. "Airman, I'm the commanding officer of sg-1, Do you see me offworld?" "No ma'am, should I close the Iris?" the airman replies. "No leave is open and get Major Kawalsky down here." She says as she grabs a Zat gun and walks down to the embarkation room. "Ma'am maybe you shouldn't go down there" the airman calls after her, she just waves him off. Four people step out of the stargate and Lili walks up to them and almost drops the Zat gun.

"Ohmygod" is all she can say because standing right in front of her is Jack O'Neill, Samantha Carter, Danial Jackson, and Teal'c. "Dad?" She asks Jack. "Uh excuse me?" he replies. "Uh Col. I think we may be in a alternate reality. I mean think about it, not all Quantum Mirrors probably look the same." Sam says "I think you better come with me." Lili says breaking the conversation.

"Well I never expected this alternate reality version, I mean they are 20 years younger than our versions" Major Justin Kawalsky said. "oh for crying out loud, 20 years younger? And you still haven't told us your names, and why the hell did you call me dad?" Jack said fairly loud. "Well in this reality you are my father, my name is Dr. Lili O'Neill, and Sam Carter- O'Neill is my mother, and this is my fiancé Major Justin Kawalski." Lili informed them. Lili and Justin tried to hide their laughter as jack's jaw almost hit the ground.

"Daughter? Married? What kinda Alternet reality is this?" He asked still shell shocked. "Not just a daughter Sir, I have 3 brothers and a sister whom I am not on speaking grounds with" Sam speaks with a unusual calmness in her voice "Well sir, it is plausible"

"Plausible, yes, Insane, yes, Against regulations, yes, gonna happen ever? No, no offence Carter." Jack says. "Sir, in this world you're a general who is 65 years old, retired and living happily except for the fact that you don't want me to marry Justin" Lili replied.

"Wait, one more question, your last name is Kawalski right? Is your father Charles Kawalski? Is he alive?" Jack said.

"Oh yea more than alive, let me guess you live in another reality where my dad is dead? Taken over by a gou'ald again?" Justin replied.

"Uh yea, that's what happened 3 years ago." Jack replied sort-of in aw.

"Well hey, you wanna meet your alternet self? He's in his office right now..." Lili said cutting in. "Yea! I want to see Jack 20 years older, who wouldn't?" Danial said.

"okay, come this way, he might hafta keep you occupied while my team goes out on a mission, we have been prepping for Tollana for a week, so I think were ready, if everyone can keep their hands to themselves this time" Lili said glaring at Justin.

"What? That guy was making a pass at you, what am I suppose to do, just say, hey buddy that's my fiancé, but hell you can have her?" Justin replied exasperated.

As they walked down the long winding corridor, Lili stopped at her office door, looked inside and yelled "Jacob O'Neill get out here this instance!" when she heard no reply she went in, and came right back out holding a small toddler. "Gampa!!!!" he yelled running over to Jack. "Jake no! that's not grandpa, now go get your Auntie Cassie, okay? "she said, then she looked at Jack "I'm sorry, that's my son, he just thought you were my dad. "

"It's okay, Auntie Cassie? How'd Cas turn out here? Jack replied slightly smiling.

"Well Cassie is M.D.. Married to Eric Jackson, Danial's son." She said. "Son? With who?" Danial asked. "Uhh that would hafta be your wife Shar're." Lili replied, a little confused that he doesn't know who Shar're is. "Shar're is alive in this world? Because in our world she was. Umm.. Killed.." Danial replied.

"Dead? Well in our world after the first Abdoys mission she came back with you guys, and she didn't go back the second time." Lili said as they reached the Generals office. "Mom?" she said as she stepped in. "Shhh I'm on the phone with the president." General Samantha O'Neill said as her daughter and 5 other people walked in her office. "Ohmygod" Sam said quietly as she looked at her duplicate. "Who's the president?" Jack asked "Andrew Samuel's" Justin replied "No way!" Jack said and then quieted down as everyone said "Shhh" "yes sir, and thank you Mr. President" General O'Neill said and hung up the phone, looking up at her daughter. "Well your Uncle told me the story but I didn't totally believe it, Did they come through a Quantum mirror?"

"Yep mom it was a mirror, But it wasn't ours, They found it on P5C-J9er" And according to them it didn't look anything like a quantum mirror, if it did they wouldn't be here now. And besides the laws of physics never said that it wasn't possible for the Tollana to build different kinds of Quantum mirrors, I mean for all we know this one could send you back in time and to another dimension." Lili said

"Oh no, not another one..." Jack mumbled from behind Lili. "Well, well, well, Jack, it looks like in this reality I out rank you. So leave the sarcasm somewhere else, please" General O'Neill said, leaving everyone laughing except Jack.

"Okay, now back to business Lili, isn't Sg-1 due to visit Tollana in, oh about 10 minutes? She said turning back to her daughter. "20 minutes? Oh god, yea. Well I'm off, umm Sam could you please explain everything to my mother, I hafta depart in like 15 minutes." Lili said in a rush. She walked out of her office without any more words.

4 HOURS LATER: "Wormhole engaged: the Airman said as the stargate activated and our stepped Lili, Justin and the 2 other members of Sg-1. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SAID THAT TO HIM!" Lili was yelling as they descended down the ramp.

"Lili I'm sorry but his eyes kept wondering places that they shouldn't' be going!" Justin yelled back. "What the hell is going on?" General O'Neill said as she stepped in the embarkation room.

"I'm engaged to a dumb ass that's what" Lili replied walking into the Debriefing room. "They're already having problems and there're not even married yet!" Cassie said, Laughing as she followed Lili to the debriefing room.

Debriefing room: 1400 hours

Lili and Cassie are sitting at a large round table talking about the recent mission, Lili seems very exsaperperated and is trying to comely explain what happened.

"So he is flirting with me a little bit I suppose and Justin comes up and says ` hey man get your own fiancé and leave mine alone' well Marieen tries to tell him he has no interest in me and Justin goes `look you little fag, leave her alone'. Well that made Narim pissed so he sent us home" Lili explained.

"Ohmygod, Justin how could you be such a bastard? Thanks to you, our treaty will probably never happen now, I mean that was almost as bad as when Jack stole that technology from them!" Cassie said to Justin, who was sitting across the table playing with a Palm.

"Yea I know that Cas, it's not my fault that guy didn't' know how to keep his hands to himself! He should have gotten the clue the first time when I hit him." Justin said as he got up from the table and walked out of the room. "I am going to file my report before more people get mad at me." He mumbled as he exited the doorway.

"Good, I don't' think I can look at your face right now." Lili mumbled to herself when he was out of ear range. Just as she said that her mother walked in the room saying "well that's over with, The `outlanders' should be happily snug in their own real world beds right about now."

"Gone already? I was looking forward to their facial expressions when I told them who was Vice- President." Lili said with a giggle.

"Yep Gone forever, now are you going to explain to your mother why your father and I probably spent about a few hundred dollars on your wedding reception and you might not have it?" Sam said looking into her daughters eyes.

"Well the short version is, He overreacted, got the treaty dismembered, fought with the guys son of which dad hates, and thinks that he owns me" Lili said with a sigh.

"hmmm well, that sort-of reminds me of your father, I wonder if it's the fact that both or your fathers are best friends... Well your dad seems happy that you to are fighting, he never liked the idea of you marring a military guy anyway, but I think you guys are soul mates."

Level 36 Lili O'Neill's Office 1700 hours

Lili is sitting at her lab desk working on a reactor when Justin walks in. "hey" he says hesitan as he steps in her lab, "can we talk?" "sure, go ahead talk." Lili replies, not even looking up from her work.

"Well first I wanted to apologize for my earlier behavior. It was uncalled for and I shouldn't have called him a fag." Justin says looking at his feet. "Am I forgiven?" he continued.

Lili looked at him and smiled, "How can I stay mad at you? You are as my mom says `my soul mate'. And I suppose I do love you... even if you are stupid sometimes..." Lili said as she walked over to him and reached up and ruffled his hair.

"Mmmm, I love it when you do that..." he said as he leaned down and kissed her lightly which turned into a very passionate kiss. But then the mood was broken when they heard a sound behind them "ewwwwwwww, mommy and daddy made up Aunt Cassie!" Jake yelled.

"Well finally! God I was beginning to think that they were going to call off the wedding!" Cassie said as she stepped into Lili's office. "well not yet anyway, I mean the way they fight, they should already be divorced..."

"Like that is going to be happening any time soon!" Justin said with a laugh.

Prologue: Lili and Justin married 2 weeks later and about 10 months later, twins were born. Samantha Sophia Kawalsky, and Shawn Charlie Kawalsky.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dr Angel