Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

All Torn Down

by Allison West
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
All Torn Down

All Torn Down

by Allison West

TITLE: All Torn Down
AUTHOR: Allison West
EMAIL: awest@pcpostal.com
CATEGORY: Friendship, Hurt/Comfort
PAIRING: Sam/Jack
SPOILERS: Spoilers for Enemies, nothing too specific but you have to have watched Exodus/Enemies. It's set a few days after the team returns to Earth with a brainwashed Teal'c, but before Master Bra'tac arrives.
SEASON / SEQUEL: 5
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: none
SUMMARY: Teal'c's aggression is taking its toll on everyone, especially Sam...
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This came to me the other day when I was daydreaming.
DEDICTION: To Martin Wood who is the BEST Director in the whole wide World.

"I do not believe you. Apophis lives. He is a god, he is strong". Teal'c's booming voice echoed through the corridors of the SGC. It had been several days since SG-1 had arrived home safely. Jacob had dropped them back at Cheyeene Mountain before departing again to return to the Tok'Ra. They were all a little bruised and battered. Their ordeal with Apophis and the Replicators had left them tired and sore, but that was nothing compared to the pain each one of them was feeling in their hearts as they had watched Teal'c being locked up. Sure it was for his own protection and for theirs, but that didn't make it any easier to deal with. Jacob's words rang in their heads, 'You got his body back, getting his mind back won't be as easy'. Now Sam sat in a chair in his cell, facing him. He was restrained to the bed, his hands and feet cuffed. Their eyes were locked. She could see anger and hatred in those eyes. It scared her, the only thing she had ever seen from Teal'c was kindness.

"You're wrong, Teal'c. I saw him die. The ship cashed into the atmosphere of Delmak, killing everything aboard that ship, including Apophis.", she said. Her words were harsh, she had to make him understand.

"Lies, lies", he shook his head. "You are killing me, let me go.", he yelled.

"We can't do that Teal'c, and we won't. You're our friend. As much as you may dislike us at the moment, you have to understand that we love you and we're not giving up"

"Friend?", Teal'c spat insolently. "You were never my friend, MajorCarter. I despise you". His tone was icy, it shook Sam. "I want nothing more than to see Apophis kill you, to make you suffer more that you could ever imagine". His cold, hard eyes bore into hers. He was serious. Sam had to look away, the pain he was causing was too much. Although she knew it wasn't the real Teal'c talking it didn't make it any easier. It still hurt her so bad that she couldn't control her anger and hurt. She blinked trying to stop the tears from falling. She got up and walked briskly to the door, wanting to get away from the pain that he was causing deep in her heart. 'How can he say that?', she kept thinking over and over again. He was her team mate, her friend, her family, her protector. It was like all that she had ever know of him was lost. All the times that they had shared, fighting side by side, becoming close friends and nearly dieing for each other, were lost to him. She had to get away, there was only so much that she could stand before she started believing his words. She slammed the door behind her. She could hear him laughing at her from behind the wood and glass. He had succeeded in breaking her. Her hand covered her mouth to try and stop the tears from flooding out. She had to control herself. She walked down the corridor to the elevator where she punched in Level 25. She wanted to go to her quarters and get it all out of her system. She was no good in helping if she couldn't deal with the hurt that was brewing inside her. She stood in the elevator waiting for it to reach her floor. It had been over a week since they had come home and still there was no change in Teal'c's behaviour. They had all taken turns everyday trying to talk to him, to make him believe, to try and reach the Teal'c they knew. But today had been the last straw for her, it was just becoming too hard. The elevator opened and she got out and walked to her quarters. Letting herself in she closed to door behind her and slumped down on the bed. She lied there in the darkness for a moment crying to herself, her head buried in the pillows. All the emotion of the past week was pouring out of her like a waterfall. She heard the door handle turn slowly. She sat up to see who the hell was barging into her quarters without knocking. It was so dark she couldn't make out the figure across the room.

"Who's there?", she said, trying to control the emotion in her voice.

"It's just me, Carter", he said. It was the Colonel. She quickly tried to brush away the tears with her sleeve. She didn't want him to see her crying. He walked over to her and sat beside her on the bed.

"Colonel, I'm sorry. I was just a little tired so I came for a short nap and...", she rambled, trying to come up with an excuse as to why she was acting so unprofessional. Her voice was still very shaky.

"I saw what happened, Carter", he said gently. "I was watching on the security cameras."

"Oh....", she said quickly. "I'm sorry sir, I know I'm acting totally unprofessional. I'm sorry it won't happen again, I..."

"Sam", he interrupted her softly. "It's okay to cry. He hurt you. We know he doesn't mean it, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt".

"I know he doesn't, sir. But it's just so hard to sit there and see him like that and listen to the hate he has for us right now....he....he said that he despised me", she said slowly on the verge of tears again.

"That's rubbish. Hell, I was gonna be the host to Junior, for cryin' out loud", he tried to joke. She wasn't buying it this time. Instead she broke down, tears streaming down her face. He put his arm around her and pulled her towards him, burying her face in his chest. He rested his chin on her head. She wound her arms around his waist, holding on to him like her life depended on it. Her body trembled with pain, she sobbed. "Ssshhh, it's okay. Let it out", he rubbed her back, trying to soothe her. He held her for several minutes, letting her get it out of her system and return to the strong woman he had always known her to be. "He doesn't despise you Sam", he brushed her hair softly. "He's just going through something that's beyond his control at the moment."

"What if we can't help him?", she said softly.

"We will", he said dropping a kiss to her head. "Remember what I always say about not giving up, Sam. Don't you start to giving up on him now or we will lose him". She looked up at him, into his chocolate eyes. "It's gonna be okay", he told her. She trusted him. He could tell her anything and he would always be right. As long as he believed it she believed it too. He never gave up hope.

"I hope so", she sniffed.

"Bra'tac arrives tomorrow, he'll help him.", he said. He sat there for a while with her in his arms. She had stopped crying long ago, but she still needed the comfort of his arms around her, the warmth of his body. When she had calmed down. He released her and they sat there on the bed.

"Thankyou, sir", she said quietly. Taking his hand in hers she squeezed it gently. "I appreciate it". She smiled at him. He smiled at her.

"Anytime, Major"

The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Allison West