Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Language Barriers

by Kate
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Language Barriers

Language Barriers

by Kate

Title: Language Barriers
Author: Kate
Email: sorsha16@hotmail.com
Category: Missing Scene/Epilogue, Angst, Hurt/Comfort, Romance, Smarm
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Spoilers: The Fifth Race - missing scene
Season: 2
Rating: PG-13
Content Warnings: adult themes
Status: Completed
Summary: Sam tries to help Jack deal with the tension after he can no longer speak English.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
Author's notes: Man...if this isn't sappy...I dunno what is. I can't believe I wrote this. I actually wrote it on paper after seeing the show...but I'd never had the time to transcribe it. So here it is...a little late.

He was discouraged and angry. Emotions flickered through his eyes and spoke a language all their own. Sam looked to him over the lab table. He'd lost the ability to speak in any other language than the one shoved into his head awhile before.

"I'm gonna go talk to Janet for a few minutes." Jackson glanced to her from his computer.

"Daniel, get something to eat too," she offered with care, "see if Janet's hungry."

Jackson flashed her and incredulous look, "Stop playing matchmaker Sam." He stepped from the computer to the doorway.

"She's been working all day," she said gently in defense, "She's probably hungry."

The archeologist smiled, "All right."

After to left she stepped quickly to the door and locked it, turning to O'Neill and approaching him carefully. He turned on the stool to face her.

"Hey," she touched his face as he pulled her to him; "It's okay."

She caught his discouraged grunt and her hand swept through his hair. Jack pressed his face to her stomach in comfort as he slouched on the stool. He moaned in discouragement and pulled her closer.

"De done', nappa me'."

Sam pulled his face up and he rose to stand before her. Carter slowly shook her head in confusion, not understanding the foreign tongue.

"I'm sorry Jack."

He closed his eyes and growled low in his throat. A sound that faded quickly to a heavy sigh. Both actions caused an arch through her back. She held his face with both hands.

"We'll fix this Jack," she kissed him gently. O'Neill watched her for a moment.

"De donne', nappa me'."

Quickly he pulled her face to his and devoured her mouth hungrily. Sam lost her breath to him as he crushed her into his embrace. He skimmed her lips with his tongue as she let forth a soft moan of happiness. Jack smiled against her lips. She felt his grin as they pulled apart.

It was a smile he needed.

She found his deep brown eyes latched to hers, emotion full and open. What she saw there...she recognized.

"Kasha ne' ma."

Her eyes stung as she touched his lips carefully with her fingertips. "I love you too." Her murmur soft.

He smiled again. No matter what language. Coming from him, that was a sentence she knew well. She moved to step away, but his hands stopped her. His gaze deepened as he pulled her back to him. His eyes searched her face and for a moment she felt stripped by his pure emotion. She stared back as he dropped his head to nuzzle her neck. His groin pushed into hers and a sensation, purely erotic in design, flashed through her. His hands slipped under her shirt and up the arch of her back, pulling her closer to him. Sam twined her fingers in his hair as he trapped her against the lab table. Shuddering at the warm breath and soft kisses on hers skin.

"Jack." Her fingers melted into his skin, hot but gentle.

"De donne'," his breath fluttered on her skin, "nappa me'."

He ground his hips against her and kissed her neck. His hands trailing down her thighs, pulling at her hips.

"I..." she sucked in a breath, "I get the point Jack."

He abruptly lifted her up to sit on the table and grinned to her.

"De donne' nappa me'." His eyes sparkled and he waggled his finger under her nose.

"That's what you were doing?" she asked, "Showing me what you were saying?"

He nodded quickly and she smiled at the game he was playing. She should have realized what he was doing to her. It had been easy enough for him.

"So what exactly did you say?"

He grinned widely and let his hands run up her thighs. Her eyes slipped closed as he leaned in and said it again. She recognized the tone and inflections of his voice.

"Make love to me?" she murmured, questioningly.

Jack smiled and squeezed her leg tightly.

"Is that a request or are we learning to communicate?" Sam smirked. She laughed lightly when he shrugged and grinned, his face open.

"Now what was 'I love you' again?" she spoke softly and trailed her fingers along his temple. Reveling in the dizzy glaze in his eyes as she swirled his hair.

"Kasha ne' ma." Jack's eyes sparkled.

"Kasha ne' ma." She repeated and kissed his forehead softly.

"Taresh ne' donal." He said.

She squinted in scrutinization, "Hint?"

His brow furrowed then he reached forward to brush her thin lips with his fingers.

"My mouth?" she murmured in confusion.

He gave her a curt shake of the head and a harsh look. After a second he leaned in and pressed his lips to hers.

"A kiss? What about a kiss?" She teased, swinging her feet as he settled warm hands on her waist.

"Donal." He said the word and lifted a finger.

"One? One kiss?"

Jack smiled. "Taresh ne' donal."

Sam thought on it a moment, all the while keeping her gaze on her companion. His smirk was knowing. Then her eyes sparkled.

"One more kiss?"

First he nodded then shrugged and placed a chaste kiss to her lips. Sam laughed easily. Watching each other for a few moments of silence. Their languages so far away.

"Dash karay."

She watched as he pointed to her, "Dash." His hand caught her shoulder and nudged slightly.

"Me? Or you?" she bit her lower lip in discouragement. O'Neill motioned for her to continue her search for the right word.

"You, me, we, your - "

He held up a quick hand.

"You're...you are?" her voice was soft and he nodded in return.

"I am what?"

He swept a hand across her cheekbone to tuck a stray hair behind her ear. His eyes roved her body and he grinned, a hungry gleam lighting his browns.

"Karay." He smiled and touched her waist.

"Am I sure I wanna know this?" she smiled.

"Karay." He held her face lightly.

"Beautiful?" she murmured. Usually it was his comment in the late evening, before bed. Or when they parted each other's company. Or he'd write it on his notebook during a briefing as it sat crooked in his lap. He knew she would read it as she sat next to him.

~You're beautiful.~

His voice and the comment rang through her ears. Bringing the sting of tears with it. She missed his words. O'Neill smiled at her and kissed her cheek softly.

"Dash karay."

Sam caught his hands, "Thank you?' She queried. Brow arched and questioning lighting her voice. Her understood and translated quickly.

"Teme' dal." His eyes darkened.

Sam held him, "Teme' dal."

"Dobar." And obvious 'you're welcome'.

They sat quietly for a few moments just watching each other. Finally he took a breath and caught her gaze.

"Teme' dal." His voice sincere.

"For what Jack?" she bit her lip again, "I haven't done anything."

His fingers stopped her lips and he held her gaze. "Kasha."

Her mind raced over all she'd learned in such a short time. If 'kasha ne' ma' had been 'I love you', then 'kasha' had to be 'love'.

The emotion in his eyes was pure as he whispered it for her again. Soft as a breath the word caressed her. With a tight squeeze she smiled to him, her eyes sparkling in humor.

"De donne' nappa me'."

Make love to me.

He laughed out loud and nodded. Sam laughed softly with him and hopped down of the thick lab table. He held her tight in his arms.

"We'll fix this." She looked up and smiled.

He nodded, "Kasha ne' ma."

I love you.

"Dobar."

Thanks.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Kate