Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Intrusion

by JollySam
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Intrusion

Intrusion

by JollySam

Title: Intrusion
Author: JollySam
Email: billiebox@hotmail.com
Category: Drama
Season: Season 6
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG
Warnings: minor language
Summary: A very powerful Goa'uld arrives at the SGC, and only Carter can stop him.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Intrusion

"Incoming traveller!" Sergeant Davis called.

"Close the iris, then," said Colonel O'Neill, nonchalantly - confident in its ability to withstand bombardment from the enemy.

"Oh my God!" Davis gasped, in shock.

"What the hell is going on?" Hammond shouted, as he ran down the stairs into the control room.

"The iris is losing integrity, sir!" Carter shouted in response, so as to be heard above the clamor that had erupted around her. In her gut she knew that everyone was expecting her to come up with the goods - to fix anything that went wrong - but she couldn't. She didn't have the technical knowledge to stop a phase-shifting device, which is what she knew was causing the problems now. But surely, she reasoned, this is a Tollan method of gaining entry to Earth's stargate - so its not enemy hostiles. But their world was destroyed! - another part of her brain shouted, in distress.

"Well, Major?" the General continued, "what are you going to do about it?" Oh God, she thought - they have such overwhelming confidence in me.

"Sir, I recommend security teams be put on alert in the gate room, but....there's nothing I can do." She could feel the disappointment emanating from the General and the Colonel, as her suggestion was carried out. The iris wavered once more, and a figure stepped through. A very fancily dressed figure. A Goa'uld. Guns were raised in the gate room, as the airmen stood waiting for an order from their commanding officer.

"I am General Hammond. Who are you?" Hammond announced through the microphone. The 'guest' looked up into the control room, and smiled.

Carter felt a shudder of recognition run through her, as Jolinar's memories took over - robbing her of the ability to breathe. Without any thought to her senior officers, she pushed her chair back from the console and ran to the lab where the Goa'uld hand and healing devices were kept. She had to hurry, she had to...

"I am Talmak. Tauri, you will bow to your god!" The voice of Goa'uld made everyone within hearing distance shiver.

"Oh yeah?" O'Neill shouted in reply. "You don't look so powerful to me - where are all your Jaffa? No one would follow you, then?" He turned to Teal'c. "You ever heard of him, buddy?" Teal'c bowed his head.

"I have not, O'Neill - at least, not a real Goa'uld called Talmak."

"What do you mean, a real..." O'Neill was interrupted as his 2IC barged past him to the microphone.

"Security teams, clear the gate room. CLEAR THE ROOM!" she shouted into the mic. The presence of a hand device wrapped around her wrist and hand stunned the colonel utterly, and he stepped back from her.

"Major Carter?" Hammond stuttered.

Not waiting for his command, the urgency of Carter's words jolting them into motion, the airmen wasted no time in leaving the room, as she desperately tried to fight the flow of people to get into the gate room.

The Goa'uld watched all of this with amusement. He began to raise his hand device, which looked slightly different to all of the others they had ever seen. It began to glow, and everyone in the control room backed up, although they were fairly sure they could not be harmed by it, because of the glass.

Carter bolted into the room and slid along the floor, as she screamed: "Dial Cimmeria!!" She stopped in front of Talmak, just as he released the energy from his hand device.

The world slowed down, or so it seemed to her. As if from far away, she could hear the gate beginning to dial, using the accelerated dialing sequence, and she could see Talmak's evilly glowing eyes staring at her. The air around her shifted as the shock wave moved towards her, and she raised her own hand device in response, feeling it come to life. It occurred to her in the millisecond before impact, that she no longer possessed Jolinar, and that might weaken her abilities in this scenario. Oh well. She had known, the minute she saw his face, that this Goa'uld had a hand device that was capable of mass destruction - on a scale far beyond any of the people of the SGC, and most of the Tok'ra, had ever seen. But Jolinar knew. She had seen. She had defeated him before, and she would do it again - well, Sam would anyway. She hoped.

The energy from her own hand device drew the energy from his like a magnet, just like she knew it would. She just needed to repel it back at him, which was the hard part. It was like shoving a 10 tonne truck back from you when it hit you at 80 miles an hour, using your mind.

She could do this. She could.

As the shock wave closed in, she summoned every emotion she had. Every bad memory; all of her sadness, and especially all of her anger. Her anger at the air force for stopping her and Jack O'Neill from being together, he anger at Jonas Quinn's race for allowing Daniel to die, her anger at Daniel for wanting to die, her anger at the Colonel for being her CO, her mother's death, her father's isolation during her childhood, her brother's childishness when she told him she was joining the air force, her anger at her ex-fiancee Jonas for all that he was, her anger at Jolinar for taking her against her will, her hatred for the Ashrak that killed Jolinar, and her anger at the Goa'uld for killing so many people, and for forcing her to kill Martouf. Then she released them into the device, and its power swelled as she felt the impact of Talmak's weapon wash over her. She pushed with her mind, and saw the shock wave reverse and ripple back towards the unsuspecting Talmak, who was unprepared to repel it again.

Carter knew that she must be flying backwards, because she had absorbed a substantial amount of energy, but didn't feel it. She saw the combined energy of both of their hand devices hit him, but it was as if she was looking down a tunnel. Her entire being was focused on one point: Talmak. She watched with satisfaction as he was propelled backwards into the now open event horizon, before she felt her back and head connect with the wall, and knew no more.

O'Neill exhaled slowly, surveying the mess in front of him. The gate room was in ruins. The walls had huge gashs in them, the floor was in tatters, and all of the lights had blown. Everything was lit by the eerie blue light of the event horizon, and in the next second, that shut off too. The glass that had formed a barrier between the control room and the gate room was shattered and now lay all over the computers and the people who were sat in front of them.

"Teal'c," he whispered, "have you ever seen a hand device do that?"

"I have not, O'Neill."

"Nah, thought not."

Then, suddenly, he snapped back into reality. Where was Carter? Grabbing the side, where the window used to be, he leant over to look down into the room.

"Carter!" he shouted into the darkness. There was no reply, but as his eyes adjusted to the darkness, he could see blonde hair. He stepped back and grabbed the phone. "Medical team to the gate room, stat!"

"Colonel? What the hell went on in here? Teal'c?" the General looked incredibly confused and worried.

"General Hammond, I believe that Major Carter succeeded in sending Talmak to Cimmeria, where he will be captured by Thor's Hammer," Teal'c answered, as the noise of Fraiser and her team could be heard entering the gate room. O'Neill itched to join them, but the General was demanding his full attention.

"Right, Teal'c, what was it that you were saying to Colonel O'Neill before this incident?" Hammond continued.

"I did not believe that Talmak was truly a Goa'uld. He was a myth, used to scare Jaffa when they are but small."

"Like the Unas on Cimmeria?!" O'Neill spluttered, surprised that the Jaffa would make the same mistake twice.

"I am sorry O'Neill, I honestly did not think that this particular Goa'uld could exist." Teal'c bowed his head in apology.

"Why not?" Hammond asked.

"Because he was supposed to possess the power to destroy worlds with his hand, and I did not believe that this could be true. It appears however, that Talmak did indeed have a very powerful hand device. If Major Carter had not acted as she did, we would all be dead, and the entire SGC would have been destroyed, judging by the amount of energy that was released by him."

Terror tore at O'Neill. Enough power to destroy the entire SGC, maybe more, and Carter got in the way?

Teal'c continued:
"Major Carter reflected the power back towards Talmak himself, sending him through the stargate. It must have taken a great deal of strength and skill, especially because she does not any longer possess a symbiote."

"How did she know that he would do something like this in the first place?" O'Neill asked his friend.

"Jolinar probably confronted him at one time." Was the short, concise answer.

"General Hamond, Colonel O'Neill, Teal'c!" Jonas's excited shout preceded him, as he skidded into the control room. They turned to look at him.

"Yes, Jonas?" asked the General.

"Doctor Fraiser says....she says..." he answered, panting.

"Yes?!" O'Neill prompted, resisting the urge to shake the man by the shoulders.

"She says that Major Carter will recover. The impact against the wall was pretty hard, but apart from a few broken ribs and lots of bruising, Sam should be ok!" Jonas finally gasped, drawing in a breath.

"Sir, permission to..."

"Go on Colonel, I'll deal with this," Hammond answered, gesturing to the mess.

As Teal'c and O'Neill left the room, they could hear him already efficiently giving out orders.

The three men ran towards the infirmary, trepidation in every step. As they rushed inside, Dr Frasier stopped them from barreling into Carter's bed.

"Woah! I should've known to expect you guys. She's going to be fine, physically, but I don't know about mentally," she said, calmly.

"What do you mean, Doc?" O'Neill queried, instantly.

"Well....the way Sam explained it to me, the hand device requires a varying amount of mental strength, depending on what the user wants to do with it. For what Jonas has told me she had to do today, I'm sure that she had to use a hell of a lot. And she doesn't have a symbiote!"

"What are you saying, Dr Fraiser?" Teal'c asked, his eyebrow beginning to rise.

"Well, Teal'c, she's in a coma, and I don't know whether she will come out of it or not."

The Colonel grabbed Jonas by the collar. "You...you...you told us that the doc said Carter was gonna be fine!" he shouted in the younger man's face.

"I...she did!" was the plaintive reply.

"Colonel O'Neill!" Dr Fraiser exclaimed loudly. "I did tell Jonas that Sam was going to be fine, physically! It isn't his fault that he was so excited about that he left to tell you before he had a chance to hear the rest of what I had to say!!"

O'Neill growled in response.

"I believe, Dr Fraiser, that indeed that was Jonas Quinn's fault," Teal'c stated, literal as always.

"Oh, Teaaaaal'c...." Jonas whined, as O'Neill stifled a chuckle, and Fraiser turned away from them, shaking with mirth. A muffled giggle startled her, and she moved to Sam's bedside.

"Was that you, Sam?" she asked, quietly, so as to not alert the worried men.

"Sam?" There had been no need to put a tube down Sam's throat, because she had continued to breathe normally, but had been totally unresponsive to all stimuli. Now Janet was glad of that, as she saw her friend lick her lips.

"Tired..." the word was almost a breath of air.

"I know honey, I know. You did well," the doctor answered. Sam struggled to speak once more.

"Everyone?..."

"Everyone's fine. You saved them, Sam."

"That's....good...." the patient managed, before drifting off to sleep again.

Approaching footsteps alerted Janet to Sam's team mates.

"Doc?" O'Neill spoke up first, as always. He was staring at Carter's face.

"She just managed a few words. It's promising, and means that we're pretty much out of the woods!" Fraiser replied, grinning.

The Colonel's expression was a picture. Relief flooded his face and he moved towards his 2IC's prone body. Her eyes flickered again, as she sensed his prescence.

"Sir?..."

"Hey, Carter! You are sooo gonna have to explain this one to me...in English, though, remember?" he replied, his smile wrinkling the skin around his eyes. His heart bursting with all of the things that he desperately wanted to say, but couldn't. She knew how he felt, he was sure of it.

"Anytime, sir...oh, and sir?"

"Yeah, Carter?"

"Sorry about the mess."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to JollySam