Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Aaberva Ivy 3: Jack Explains

by Jolinar Carter
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Aaberva Ivy 3: Jack Explains

Aaberva Ivy 3: Jack Explains

by Jolinar@Carter

TITLE: Aaberva Ivy 3: Jack Explains
AUTHOR: Jolinar@Carter
EMAIL: shellywebster@sg1fans.net
CATEGORY: Crossover (Voyager (Before Neelix Left)), Drama
PAIRING: Sam/Jack, other pairing
SPOILERS: none
SEASON / SEQUEL: 4; In the Aaberva Ivy series
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: crossover, language, male/female relationship
SUMMARY: Part 3: Jack thinks back to when Sam's ilness began and tells Neelix. Meanwhile, can Anika (aka Seven) save Sam with her nano-bots?
STATUS: Unfinished
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: This one's for all of Mostly Autumn! You guys really rock! (Mostly Autumn are the best band in the world and I know them!!!) They've given me so much enjoyment, like I hope I have you!

"Oh my god! You're right!" The Doctor agreed.

"Nano-bots will not work in her. Her system has a Goa'uld trace in it. It will take longer than we have to modify them. Perhaps with Lieutenant Paris's help, I can work more efficiently and make the adjustments in twenty four hours." Anika suggested.

"Do it. I'll try and find out as much as I can about the symbiote and it's marker to help you." The Doctor agreed. So they both set to work...

"So what do you have to eat around here then?" Jack asked, as he sat at a table in the empty mess hall.

"Well, I've been looking at our data base of human foods, and in your time period, I believe America's favourite food was burger and fries or pizza."

"You got that right Neel. Can I call you Neel?" Jack asked

"Sure. So, what would you like?"

"For her to be well." O'Neill replied.

"She will get better. How about some pizza and fries?"

"Yeah. Thanks. Got any coffee?"

"Yeah. You know, if you want to talk, I want to help." Neelix told him.

"Thanks. It's just all so...horrible! I mean, we noticed her health slowly going. She was clumsy and everything, and it was coming. We couldn't detect any organism or anything, but we were sure she was ill. I think that planet helped it grow some how." O'Neill recalled the first time he had noticed it...

..."Jack, I am telling you there is!" Daniel argued.

"Isn't!"

"Is!"

"Isn't!"

"Is!"

"Isn't!"

"OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WILL YOU GUYSPLEASE...JUST SHUT UP!" Sam yelled, sick of her friends arguing. "The Colonel is right. There is no similarity between Homer Simpson and you, Daniel!"

"Sam, are you OK?" Daniel asked.

"YES!" She replied angrily. "I'm fine. Let's carry on going." The four team members walked for an hour before they stopped. Sam had not said one word since she had shouted at Daniel.

The guys were worried. Very worried. They had only stopped because they had realised how pale and ill Sam looked, and how wobbly she was. 'No wonder she's snappy today. She looks very ill.' Jack thought.

"Sam, are you sure you're okay?" Jack asked again, worriedly.

"Yes, I'm fine!" Sam answered.

"If you're sure. We can go back you know." O'Neill told her.

"I'm okay. Really." Sam assured him. They could all see how shaky she was.

"OK. Let's have something to eat shall we campers?" O'Neill started unpacking the food. (If you could call it that!) "Perhaps some sugar'll do those hands of yours some good eh? Probably like that from all the do-hickeys you've been using!" O'Neill smiled, handing her a snack bar.

"Hmm." Sam said, taking a small bite.

"Why don't we camp here guys?" O'Neill suggested half an hour later, knowing that his second in command was not any better than she had been before she ate.

"OK Jack." Daniel nodded and he and Teal'C began to set things up.

"Sam, what's going on?" O'Neill asked, sitting next to her on the log by the fire.

"Nothing." Sam replied.

"A pretty big nothing. You know you can talk to me." O'Neill rested his arm on her shoulders. "I don't mind you know. I want to know what's wrong. And I want to help. I really do need to know though. I am your CO."

"I...I don't know! I've just been feeling like this for a couple of weeks. I haven't told Janet because every test she's ran since it started has been fine. There isn't anything wrong with me according to the machines." Sam was almost crying.

"Feel lousy hey?" O'Neill asked.

"How'd you know?" Carter looked up at him.

"I can tell. You want to go home? I don't mind you know. This is a lame planet anyway." O'Neill inquired.

"I don't know. I'm not sure if I'm really unfit for duty." Sam said, almost in a whisper.

"You know what? I think you are. Pack up your stuff. I'll go get the guys and tell them to pack everything else up." O'Neill decided....

"She will get better Jack." Neelix assured him.

"I hope so Neel. I hope so."

TO BE CONTINUED...

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Jolinar@Carter