Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Swinging on a Star

by Jolinar Carter
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Swinging On A Star

Swinging On A Star

by Jolinar@Carter

Title: Swinging On A Star
Author: Jolinar@Carter
Email: samanthacarter_1800@hotmail.com
Category: Crossovers, Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Series
Pairing: Sam/Jack, other pairing
Season: 5
Series: The "Out Of This Universe" Series
Crossover: 80's show "Out Of This World"
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: xover, mfrelationship,
Status: Unfinished
Summary: Troy of Antarius and his friends help out SG-1 when one of their team is dying, and they help him find his daughter Evie, who is on Earth...
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
Author's notes: I love Out Of This World! I am currently looking for someone to help me with some pages for my site including The X Files, Out Of This World and Angel. Credited.

"Swinging On A Star"

"Hey mom!" Evie Garland greeted her mom cheerily, closing the front door behind her as she made her way to the kitchen where her mom usually sat. She didn't need to go in to the kitchen though, her mom was sat in the lounge staring at a glass cube-type-thing.

"Hi Evie. Call your dad. I have some important news." Donna suggested.

"Okay. Dad?" She called in to the glass object. Usually, it would have lit up and opened, and her dad's voice would be heard. But not today. There was nothing. "Dad?" Nothing. "Dad?"

The cube lit up and opened. "Hi you've reached my answering machine. Please leave your name, number and planet and I'll get back to you as soon as I can." The answering machine cut in.

"He must be on another planet or something." Evie thought.

"Yeah." Donna nodded.

You see, Troy was an alien who had come to Earth to study us, and fell in love with Donna. They had got married, and Donna had Evie. But Troy had had to leave. Evie had inherited special powers from her father. Such as the power to stop time!

0o0

"Alpha One to Alpha Control, Alpha One to Alpha Control!" A man's voice shouted into his head set.

"Okay, T, you're okay to proceed, but take Alpha 2-8 with you in to the cave. We know there are four aliens in there. Human, from Earth. A woman, a man, another geeky looking man and a Jaffa. They seem to be peaceful but the woman's signal is weak. I think she's badly hurt!" The Alpha Controller informed Alpha Leader (Alpha 1.)

"Okay. We're going in. Come on guys!" Alpha One decided, walking in to the cave.

"They're near the back. I think they were probably attacked by the Hunddaaarri and they took shelter in there because the beasts are too large to get in." Alpha Controller explained.

0o0

"Danny, how's she doing?" Jack asked, as he sat back down next to the moss blanketed walls of the dark, dim and creepy cave.

"Not so good. Jack, I know I know the most about medicine and that kind of stuff of us guys on the team, but I don't know about wild alien animal bites!" He snapped. "Sorry. I'm just worried!" He apologised. "I'm not that kind of Doctor."

"I feel useless!" Jack stood up, kicking the wall.

"As do I!" Teal'C said.

"A wild animal from another planet clawed her to death Marc!" O'Neill imagined having to explain her death to her older brother Marc, who knew nothing about the Stargate Program. He shook his head. "She'll be okay." He told himself.

"I believe that she will." Teal'C agreed.

"Hmmm!" There was a moan from next to where Daniel sat. All three men were at her side in an instant.

"Hey Sam. Don't move. That's an order." Jack commanded.

"What...what happened?" She asked in a croaky voice.

"You got in to a fight with a large wild thing Carter. And I don't mean Teal'C! You won! Good job!" O'Neill congratulated her.

"Oh. Barely won huh?" Carter asked.

"Yeah." O'Neill replied.

"How am I looking Doc?" Daniel looked at the floor. Jack decided someone had to tell her. And she deserved to know the truth.

"Not too good Sam. You've been out for hours. You have a bite on the stomach, on the back and both arms and legs. As well as some big honkin scratches that are bleeding. We were too far away from the gate to take you back as we weren't sure if you'd make it so we came in here. The thing was too big to get in the door." O'Neill explained.

"Oh." Sam said simply. She was in pain, they could all tell.

"Do you want something?" Jack asked, opening the med kit.

"I'm...I'm...Okay!" She replied.

"No you're not Sam. Let me give you something for the pain!" O'Neill ordered.

"Yes sir."

"Good." He gave her something and she passed out again. Teal'C stood up, suddenly, grabbing his staff weapon. Daniel and Jack grabbed their guns and looked where Teal'C was looking.

"Eight men are in this cave. I can hear them." His Jaffa training came in handy sometimes.

"You're right." A tall man with brown hair told them, stepping forward. "Who are you?" He asked.

"I'm Doctor Daniel Jackson, this is Teal'C, Colonel Jack O'Neill and she's Major Doctor Sam Carter," Daniel pointed behind him. "We come in peace." He added.

"We know that." The alien said. "You're from Earth."

"Yes! How did you know?" Daniel inquired.

"They probably heard about one of our battles. Who are you guys?" O'Neill still wasn't sure if he should trust these guys.

"I am Troy of Antarius. This is Zian, Borronja, Tevv, Nerran, Gyon, Kerraq, and Ty." Troy introduced them all.

"Oh. Hi!" O'Neill said.

"Your wife is hurt Colonel?" Troy asked.

"Oh Sam? She's not my wife." Jack shook his head.

"Sorry!" Troy apologised.

"It's okay. Don't tell her, but I wish she was. We do get it a lot!" O'Neill smiled.

"Oh!"

"Can you guys help her?" Daniel asked.

"I don't know. Err, she's hurt pretty bad. Our doctor is not with us. We do have a few on our home world, Antarius, but I don't think they could do much. Our medicine is not very advanced. Our technology is what makes us as powerful as we are." Troy explained. He told them to bring her and follow them. They did. Teal'C carried her.

An hour later they stopped for a break. Jack took his sleeping bag from his pack and set it on the ground. He opened it and Teal'C laid Carter inside. Jack zipped it up so that she wouldn't get cold. The main reason for the sleeping bag was so she wouldn't get dirty.

"We'll have a ten minute break." Jack decided.

"Fine with me." Troy nodded.

Ten minutes later they all headed back to the Stargate. An hour later they reached it.

"Okay Teal'C, dial it up. Troy, how's she doing back there?" Jack asked walking back to them.

"Not so good I'm afraid." Troy replied seriously.

"I would like it very much if you would come back with us." Daniel told them. "I love to learn about other races!"

"We would love to. We love Earth. Perhaps I will get to see my wife and daughter while we're there?" Troy asked.

"Of course. We'll help you find them." Jack agreed.

"No, I know where they are."

"Okay, I've sent the code. Let's go." Jack ordered.

"Okay."

0o0

"Oh my god! Okay let's get her to the o.r!" Janet shouted as Sam was wheeled out of the gate room on a trolley.

"Will she be okay?" O'Neill asked.

"I think so." Janet replied, running after her team.

0o0

"There is poision in her and she's lost a lot of blood. She's dying and I don't have a cure. We're going to have to find one." Janet announced one hour later.

"Sam's gonna die?" Jack was almost crying.

"No sir. Not if I can help it!" Janet was almost crying too.

0o0

"I'll get it mom!" Evie shouted, running to answer the door. She opened it to find a tall dark haired man standing there.

"Hi honey. I'm home!" Troy announced.

"DAD!" She jumped up in to his arms. Donna ran downstairs to see what all the noise was about.

"TROY!"

0o0

"Oh god! She's started bleeding again!" Janet yelled. "She won't survive much longer!"

0o0

TBC

0o0

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Jolinar@Carter