Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Soft Spot

by Joey
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Soft Spot

Soft Spot

by Joey

Title: Soft Spot
Author: Joey
Email: joeyfrog14@hotmail.com
Category: Hurt/Comfort, Smarm
Season: any Season
Pairing: Daniel/Sam, Sam/Jack
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Summary: this is my first fanfic, so be nice. plus, im only 15, so be even nicer!
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Soft spot

"Get Doctor Frasier in here immediately!" Hammond called.

SG1 stumbled through the gate, O Neill yelling "Close the iris!"

The General took a look at the team. Colonel O Neill appeared to have a wound in his arm, Teal'c was covered in cuts and was leaning uncomfortably. Carter appeared unscathed with the exception of a cut on her forehead, but in her arms she was cradling the lifeless body of Daniel Jackson. He was by far the most injured, covered in blood, from a gaping wound in his chest, battered and bruised. "My God, Colonel, what the hell happened?" he questioned on their way to the infirmary.

"It's a long story, General."
"Fine. Debriefing will be re-scheduled until you are all well. Take some downtime in the meantime."
"Yes, Sir."

After Janet had looked them over sufficiently and provided them with the necessary bandaging, she looked over her shoulder to Sam who sat by Daniel's bedside, tears rolling down her face.

"How's she doing, Doc?"
"No superficial injuries, but I think there may be some sort of psychological damage done. She won't talk to anyone, and hasn't moved away from Dr Jackson since you came through the gate this morning, Sir."
"Yeah, I was afraid of that. Would you give us a minute?"
"I have to keep giving Dr Jackson regular morphine injections, so I'll be back in about ten minutes. He's very lucky to be alive, Colonel. Whatever happened out there, he had a close call." And with that she left him alone with Sam and Daniel.
"Hey Carter." He said quietly. No reaction. "How's he doing?" She looked at him, but made no effort to answer his question. He stood there watching her for a few moments, and he was thinking of something to say when she finally spoke,
"how's Teal'c?"
"Teal'c's ok. Think he's catching up on some Kel-no-reem right now. He was gonna come in and say hi but thought it best to leave you alone. He sends his regards."

Jack thought he saw a hint of a smile creep onto her lips, but only for a second. He noticed she had her hand clasped around Daniel's.

"Doc says Danny boy here had a close call."
"Yeah. Several broken ribs, fractured knee. Punctured lung. Possible brain damage." Her voice trailed off. Jack pulled up a chair next to her, but still keeping a fair distance. After Janet had returned to give Daniel more medicine, Jack knew he had to say something, but finding the right words to say was the real problem. 'What ever I say it's not like I can help her. Poor kid..."
"Why?" She eventually mumbled.
"Why, Jack?"
"I don't know, Carter. I don't think we really got on well with those guys back there did we..."
"Not what I meant."
"Well, then, what?"
"It's just...it should have been me."
"Carter, you can't possibly blame yourself for this?!"
"Those guys wanted me, Jack!"
"There's no way we would have let them take you."
"But, Daniel...he's like this because of me. If he hadn't have tried to save me, he wouldn't be like this right now, would he?!" She was almost shouting, as tears streamed down her face. "I just can't stop thinking things like 'What if I had kicked that guy first?' 'What if I had tried to get away?' What if I hadn't of stopped to take that soil sample earlier?' It's all my fault."
"It's nobody's fault, Carter! It was an accident!"
"Leave me alone, please."
"I'm staying here."
"Jack!"
"Carter! I am not going to leave you here to blame yourself like this"
He was going to continue his argument but didn't after he saw her brake down in tears. He had never seen her like this before.
"Carter...Sam, I'm sorry."
He put his arms round her, holding her close, enveloping her in a hug. She smiled weakly.
"Thankyou, Sir."
"That's alright, Carter. Now go and get something to eat, you haven't eaten in days.I'll stay with Danny for you."
"Yes, Colonel." She started to leave the room.
"And, Carter?"
"Yes, Sir?"
"Don't let anyone know I hugged you. I don't want to gather a reputation as a soft-spot."

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Joey