Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Aftermath, The

by JeanA
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Aftermath

The Aftermath

by JeanA

Title: The Aftermath
Author: JeanA
Email: gmajca@fsmail.net
Category: Romance
Season: Season 5
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Summary: Will the Colonel, The Major and SG-1 get back to their routine.A long way ahead I think
Sequel to: The Rescue
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

The Aftermath

Colonel Jack O'Niell was asleep in the sun lounger in the Garden, floating somewhere between consciousness and unconsciousness.

He had been at home for 3 weeks following his near fatal encounter on PX3 978. In reality it had been 5 weeks since the incident, 5 long weeks. His wife , Major Samantha Carter, his wife of 6 weeks, was at the SGC doing what was primarily his job, a job that he didn't know if he would ever return to.

He had never felt so unfit and useless in his entire life . If he walked to the local shop for a newspaper he was out of breath and if he tried to cut the grass in the garden , he was out of breath , he wasn't allowed to drive and his married life with Sam hadn't exactly been fireworks over the past few weeks,-------- what was is she said when they eventually got together ?

" Better not be a damp squib " ------- Well close enough at the moment.

He was really beginning to wallow in self pity and was moving into a depressive state that he didn't like but couldn't help.

He attended the SGC every 2 days to be checked by Doctor Fraiser and she hummed and hawed , and tutted and , did all the annoying little things that Doctors do , but she was still unhappy about his progress . That was obvious by the way she didn't say anything , and we had all these conversations about , ' At least he was alive etc..'

He thought about how he was feeling .

I was getting to the silent screaming stage !!

Sam was brilliant , I mean how lucky can a guy get ! She loved me and she married me . Mind you at the time she didn't think that she was lumbering herself with a virtual cripple; an old worn out soldier . At least she kept me sane , gave me something to smile about , ---it was bearable when she was here , but when she wasn't ............

Back at the SGC , Major Carter was heading towards the Infirmary to speak to Doctor Fraiser.

" Hi Sam , come in I've been expecting you . How's the Colonel today then? "

" I don't know , you tell me "

" What's that supposed to mean "

" Well Janet , you see him every 2 days , you do tests on him , you don't actually tell any of us if there is progress, improvement or if he is getting worse . He's at home just now , heading for depression , he thinks he's finished, I think he's finished , I'm doing his job , I know he hates that at the moment . We just got married after so many stupid years . He hardly makes love to me . I'm scared I break him. He gets thinner by the day . He's terrified to go for a walk in case he gets breathless. He doesn't talk about the incident , he won't read the mission report , he's in denial . There is a bloody barrier there that he won't let me through.

I think it's about time for some truths here Janet , don't you ? So , You tell me , I can take it , and I'll tell him 'cause he won't take it from you , OK?? "

" Good God Sam !! Are you quite finished ?? "

" For now , so come on . Let's hear it.! "

" Well actually Sam , I was going to ask you both to come in to see me tomorrow . "

" Just tell me now that he will never be fully fit and that he will be getting a medical discharge , just tell me now so that I can prepare him , please ! ."

" What's this about medical discharge ? Whose medical discharge ? " It was the voice of General Hammond.

" No-ones' Sir , we have a few crossed wires here and a little mis-understanding. I'll sort it out Sir and catch up with you later "

" Sam , Jacks OK ! ------ Remember when I operated on him I said that the artery to his heart was operating at 75%
* well last Monday it had increased to 87%, and yesterday it was up to 93%. "

" Ok, so , what should it be 100% ??" said Sam rather sarcastically

" You're spending too much time with the Colonel Sam . Actually Jacks' normal capacity was between 97% and 99%, but for active service it needs to be above 92%. I actually think that once we get him back on base and onto some light exercise program it will be back to normal in no time.

His punctured lung has completely repaired itself and he is doing exceptionally well.. Also no residual neurological damage "

" But Janet , this doesn't make sense . He is constantly tired and breathless and you still won't let him drive . How can he be that well and yet so unfit, I don't understand Janet."

" Sam it's the medication that's keeping him down. I have been giving him a muscle relaxant all these weeks and a very mild sedative . I didn't want either of you to know as I couldn't have him feeling too well too soon or the damage wouldn't have healed. He'd have demanded to come back to work far too early . As it is I'm totally satisfied that he is ready to come off the medication. I couldn't allow him to drive as the medication was affecting his reflexes also. Give him the next week , coming of the medication and I will sign him back for light duty and an exercise program. It will be a while before he can get out there and kick some 'Goa'uld Ass , I don't want all my hard work and patience going to waste , OK ??"

" Janet , I don't know if I'm pleased or angry . I think he might just go Ape Shit over this you know "

" Ape Shit over what Major??"

" Jack ! What are you doing here ?! " Sam was surprised.

" Don't panic , both of you , I didn't drive , I sent for a staff car .It was either that or I cut my wrists with the garden shears . So Sam , I said ,Why am I going to go Ape Shit ."

" It wasn't you we were talking about "

" I don't believe you , " the Colonel had put on his kind of singing, mocking voice.

" Well I've decided , either somethings' seriously wrong with me that nobody is telling me , and if that's the case just tell me and I'll resign and get on with what I can outside the Airforce . On the other hand , in general I feel physically stronger , no aches and pains , no pain when I breathe etc therefore maybe it will just take time and I'll be OK with some patience.

Whatever is going on , I want to know now and I want to know what the plan is , and what timescales , I can't sit about all day getting a sore butt and a sun tan , Got it Doctor ?? "

" Colonel , sit down . I was just telling the Major here , you are actually doing very well . I have deliberately put you on medication to keep you slow and lethargic to give you proper time to heal. If you'd felt stronger 2 weeks ago , you'd have come back to work and I couldn't allow that , and before you go to the General , he was in on it "

" Yea well , you're too late . I already know what you've been up to . After I pulled myself out of my mega depression this morning . I went to take my pills and I had a little look at the names on the bottle. The local chemist was very helpful in telling me what they were used for so , Doctor that's why I'm here , get me off them NOW , and that's an order. "

" I outrank you in medical matters Colonel , but fine you can come off them, I want you to have another week at home and then I will sign you back to light duties ,"

" Right Doctor , thank you . So Major , I'll just take the staff car back home and I'll see you when you get there . "

At that he got up and walked out the room , straight to the lifts and he was gone.

Sam looked a bit bewildered. It wasn't like him to totally dismiss her like that , and he did seem to be pretty angry .

He got home at 4pm and threw the bottles of pills down the sink and went for a walk, he realised that part of his problem was that he was terrified to go out in case something happened , and he was constantly tense because he thought it was going to hurt. He walked calmly but quite brisk .

Sam got home and Jack wasn't there . This had been the first time that she had got home from work and he wasn't there , it was weird. She felt a bit uneasy , where could he be ? His car was still in the drive so he couldn't be far , oh , she thought why can't life just get back to normal now . She felt that they both had had enough now.

It was past 8pm and he still hadn't returned . She phoned his mobile , it went to answer service , she didn't leave a message .

8:30pm. The door opened and in he walked , looking a bit pale but OK.

" Where have you been ?

" Why ?"

" I was worried "

" Oh right , worried ??? You didn't send out a search party then ?........... I'm going for a shower , You can stop the cotton wool routine now , Thank You , I think I've had quite enough"

" What do you mean ? How dare you talk to me like tha........"

Suddenly Sam realised that Jack thought that she was part of this . It was understandable , I mean she was sitting there in Fraisers' office . Caught red handed , so to speak .She would sort it out when he came out of the shower.

'Oh Well First Fight , and not even a fair one at that '. She thought.

An hour went bye and Jack hadn't come in from the bedroom.

When Sam went through , he was in bed sound asleep, she felt a big lump in her throat , he really was angry and wasn't talking to her . She watched some brain dead T.V. and then went to bed herself . Jack lay with his back to her and when she moved up against him, she felt him recoil slightly -away from her . She hardly slept all night and was out of bed first in the morning.

Jack was awake , he heard her on the telephone.

" No , I won't be on the base this morning ! I don't care if it's the President who is coming , Major Davies will just have to wait until I get there.

With respect General . I have a situation at home , which you created , and I am not leaving this house until I sort it out . No, the Colonel hasn't put me up to this ,he's still asleep at the moment.

Well I'm sorry General , if you are unhappy with my explanation of why I can't be at work today , when I'm telling you the truth then how does this sound.

I'm sorry I can't be at work today but I think I have the flu and I've been up all night sick ?

I'm not being funny , -------- I will see you later General and that's that!"

Jack got up and came through to the lounge .

" Why aren't you on your way to the base ? you're late ! "

" Good morning to you too Jack . Sleep well , last night , did you , well I didn't .-------- OK , fly-boy , I'm not at work because you and I have to talk."

" Don't be ridiculous , you have to go to work. You don't stay away from work because we've had a falling out. "

" You've had a falling out , not me , You! "

" Oh for crying out loud, Sam . What do you expect . Being together means no secrets , no lies . You know how miserable I've been the past few weeks . You could have told me . I trust you , I'm not on my own any more . If you'd told me what was going on I'd have still abided by the rules.

Sam , I know this wasn't just your every day , bruising from a mission , I knew I couldn't just bounce back. I knew I had almost died and I knew that you had saved my life , in more that one way. I'm disappointed you didn't tell me what was going on , that's all, I'll get over it . Now . You get to work !. and that's an order Major."

His voice had really softened towards the end of the sentence..

" Sorry . I don't take orders from you Sir! My C.O. at the moment is General Hammond as my real CO. is on sick leave. OK, I'll go to the base ."

Sam got dressed and ready to leave for work.. Jack walked her to the door and grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him ,

" What , no good bye kiss Major ? "

She moved close to him , but instead of kissing him , she put her lips to his ear.......

" See you tonight , and by the way ....... If I'd known , I would have told you , I didn't know. Janet only told me minutes before you appeared as I had gone in to give her a piece of my mind. So think about that while I'm out smart ass ! "

She pulled away from him , no kiss , and strutted to the car, and was off .

Jack , watched all the way down the street.----------He had one of these , confused , quizzical looks and shook his head and went indoors.

It was 2pm on base and the Major was engrossed in the analysis of the Tollan information she brought back with her.

Something distracted her in the corner of her eye.

From the side of the office door .

A White Flag on a stick !!

Next, A bunch of red roses and a hand !!

Next, A familiar face round the door!!

" Forgive Me ????????" came the Colonels soft and heart melting voice.

The Major , just broke into that smile . From ear to ear, with the large ,bright ,dancing eyes. Her head went down in her almost shy look .

" How can I refuse that , " she said as they came together in a hug , that meant more that anything else in the world.

" I'm sorry Sam , I've just been a bit cranky , I shouldn't have taken it out on you . "

" I understand , Jack it's not easy for you at the moment , but we'll get through this , you know we will ."

" Hm Hmmm Is this a private party or can anyone else join in " It was Major Davies

" Hi Colonel . It's good to see you up and about . how are you ?"

" Getting there Major , Sorry for the interruption . Ehm ---- At ease Major Carter, see you later "

" Where are you going Colonel ?"

" To see Buffy the Vampire Doctor , she wants more blood , apparently she needs to find out just how much crap is still in it before she can assess timescales etc ..." " Right , come back and see me when she's done with you !"

" Sure will . ---------- Major Davis, Major ,,..........Bye "

" He doesn't look too good , does he ? Lost a bit of weight , has he ? "

" He nearly lost a lot more that that and frankly, I think he looks quite good "

" So , how's the marriage thing going? Can't say I was surprised, "

" Well it hasn't been the best start but we're together and that's the main thing..... Now can we get back down to some work here Major "

" Yes certainly , Major "

It was now a week since Doctor Fraiser took the blood from the Colonel . He was due on base to have it re-tested and hopefully signed back to active service all be it light duties.

Colonel O'Neill was subjected to a full medical . It had been a long time since he'd suffered that pleasure. He did struggle with the physical exercises but it was to be expected . The Doctor had to put together a suitablle program for him. He felt miles better since he stopped the medication and awaited the Doctors full report.

"Colonel ! the results are good so don't look so worried. The residue of medication in your blood is negligible and your blood count is back to normal . You can now drive.

Your valve output is up to 95% so that's still progressing and I'm delighted about that. Your chest scar is looking good and now that your chest hair is starting to grow in it's barely noticeable, so you'll be glad about that . Your weight has gone up 5lbs since last Monday . Good. A bit weak about the reflexes etc but , you'll crack that in no time . All in all Colonel you look in good health, and I have to say , I'm delighted about that.

There you are ."

" What's that ."

" It's your return to duty papers ! "

The Colonel grabbed them and moving quicker that he had done for weeks ran to the Majors lab. She wasn't there.

He then made his way to General Hammonds' Office.

" Ah, Come in Colonel , is that you signing on papers ? Come in and join us , you should hear what I've got to discuss with the Major.."

The Colonel , still in civvies took a seat next to his wife. She smiled , thankful that there was a bit of a sparkle back in his eyes.

" As you know ,The Major brought back detailed information regarding the Tollan technology. Well I need her to go to Washington , to work with Pentagon Staff to update their systems and work out a way to build the defense satellite system . I estimate that she will need to be there for between 10 to 14 days. "

" Oh Great , you know General , Sam and I spent more time together before we were married that we have done since we were married. Ok so when does she leave . "

" A jet is waiting for her right now Colonel "

" Well come on Major, I'll walk you to your plane , mustn't keep the Pentagon waiting."

Sam and Jack , walked to the air base . Jack filled her in on what Doctor Fraiser had told him and they were both relieved that he was back on base for real. She promised to phone him every day , to check up on him . He just laughed 'cause he knew she would too !.
He pulled her into the tightest embrace he could and they kissed affectionately , and then with reluctance partied , in order that she could board her flight.

" I love you Mrs O'Neill "

" I love you too Colonel O'Neill "

He stood on the runway and watched the plane disappear into the distance.

Next morning , back at the SGC.

COLONEL O'NEILL TO GENERAL HAMMONDS OFFICE < COLONEL O'NEILL PLEASE !!

The Colonel was in the locker room , not too happy that his fatigues were about 2 sizes too big. Never mind things have been worse he thought.

" General Hammond Sir ! " The Colonel saluted .

" At ease Colonel ! Well I think the first item on the agenda is to provide you with an exercise program that will assist you to fit your uniform "

" Very funny " Quirked the Colonel.

" It's great to have you back on base Jack and I must say you do look pretty well. For the next few weeks you will be assigned to on -base duties only.
Mission briefings, de-briefings, strategy meetings , mission discussions. I would like you to update yourself with SG-1 mission reports over the last 2 months and I am quite happy that you have time with the team to get back into some of the day to day on-base routines.

It's important that you follow the exercise plan that has been put together for you and Doctor Fraiser will continue to monitor your progress. I will take her lead on when you are ready for Stargate travel, but I want you back to your normal duties as soon as is possible because quite frankly Colonel we've missed you and we need you. So , get out there and get on with it "

" Certainly Sir , thank you Sir. ........ Is SG-1 on base today "

" No, they are all off-world . Lieutenant Hayley and Dr Quinn are out with SG-8. Teal'c is with SG-3, but both teams are due back this afternoon.Any questions Colonel ??"

" No Sir , "

" Dismissed Colonel ! "

" Thank you Sir "

It was 2 weeks now since the Colonel had returned to the base. The Major was still in Washington and he didn't know when she would be back -things weren't going quite as planned.

COLONEL O'NEILL TO THE BRIEFING ROOM< COLONEL O'NEILL PLEASE !

The Colonel ran upstairs without any effort at all , he really was feeling 100% better . Not only that his uniform was fitting better and Doctor Fraiser hadn't stuck needles in him for about a week now. His fitness had improved and he was looking sharp and eager.

"Colonel , we have a serious situation and I need your input ".

SG-8 have been Off World for almost a week now and should have reported in yesterday. They haven't. We've sent communication through the gate and they have not responded. "

" I'd say search and rescue General, I don't see any other option "

" Yes Colonel I realise that but all other teams on duty are also Off World "

" OK. Send out the U.A.V. Lets check out the situation from that and then get a team together to go get them Sir! " The Colonel was very animated and keen to get moving on any assistance he could offer. "

" Colonel , Go to the Gate Room and assist in the setting up of the U.A.V. "

" Yes Sir! "

The General picked up the phone .

" Doctor Fraiser , I need him back on full duty . What is the situation ? Right , I' ll send him down to you."

COLONEL O'NEILL TO THE INFIRMARY IMMEDIATELY , COLONEL O'NEILL PLEASE !!!

" Oh God , What now , Sargent get that U'A'V out there as quickly as possible , I'll be right back.

OK . Doc , What's the problem."

" No problem Colonel , I need to give you a quick check up ,"

" What the hell for , you've done nothing but check up on me the whole time I've been back on base. Cut me some slack here ! "

" How much slack would you like ? Colonel . Is active Stargate Duty enough slack "

" YOU SERIOUS ???? DOC "

" Yep, Report to General Hammond when I'm finished with you ."

She completed what was a routine examination, Eyes mouth, ears , throat , heart rate , temperature , all the stuff that happens to everyone going out on a mission . He actually enjoyed the familiarity.

" Colonel , You said Search and rescue , well search and rescue it is , go Gear Up please and be prepared for hostile activity ."

"Sir , Yes Sir ! " and off he went to get into battle gear . It was good to put on his 'stuff'----- collect his P90 Zat gun , C4 , watch , all the little things that one takes for granted. He was calm , relaxed and contented , if slightly apprehensive , but he knew it was like riding a bike. Once he got into the Gate Room , the past 2 months would be forgotten.
Meanwhile SG-1 was in the briefing room with General Hammond.

" And , since Major Carter is still away on special duty, are we going alone or is someone taking command Sir " said Dr Quinn.

" Good Question Dr Quinn , No you are not going alone , I have assigned to you a C.O for this mission.Come in Colonel!!"

At that Colonel O'Neill walked into the room.

" Morning Kids !! "

They all jumped out of their seats and saluted the Colonel with a pride that was quite overwhelming.

" At ease team ! ---- Are we geared up and ready to go then ???"

" Yes SIR ! "

" Ok SG-1 , Move out and let's bring SG-8 home."

He walked into the Gate Room .

KAWOOSH-------------

He looked at the wormhole with shear amazement , he hadn't been in the Gate Room for months, he took a deep breath, placed his familiar cap onto his head, and SG-1 proceeded up the ramp. At the top of the ramp he stopped , turned and saluted up to the General in the Control Room.

"SG-1 you have 12 hours to respond , if not your GDO code will be locked out, understood. ???"

" Understood " said the Colonel

" Good luck SG-1 and bring them home ! "

They disappeared through the wormhole. The General gave a smile of such satisfaction . His best officer was back.

SG-1 had been in touch with the SGC. They'd found SG-8 but it was going to be quite difficult getting them out as they were guests of a Jaffa Patrol . It was a small patrol but a Jaffa patrol none the less.

It was 10 am the next day.

SUDDENLY LOUD EMERGENCY CLAXON SOUNDS !!

OFF WORLD ACTIVATION , GENERAL.

The General made his way to the Control Room. On his way he bumped into Major Carter , still dressed in her Dress Blues..( Skirt,smart shoes,blouse etc) as she had just this minute arrived back from the Pentagon.

She ran with him to the Control Room.

It's SG-8s IDC General.

" Open the Iris "

As he opened the Iris the Gate Room began to take Heavy fire , Staff weapon fire.

" Close the Blast Doors and get the Medical team in here now !!"

He made his way down to the Gate Room himself,-----the Major followed him. She figured that if SG-8 needed assistance she'd better wait and help rather that rush to see Jack in his office . Another couple of minutes wasn't going to kill her. She did think to herself that it was strange that he wasn't here with the General but she knew Janet, and he'd probably been banned from the Stargate area or something.

She stood next to the General away from the fire and waited in anticipation.

One by one the members of SG-8 started to stagger through the Gate , pretty shaken but they didn't appear to be hurt. The last one came through and she went to turn away and realised that everyone was still standing there and the General

hadn't given the order to lock up the Iris. Lieutenant Hayley ran onto the ramp backward still in firing position, next came Jonas tumbling through the gate , obviously under fire at the time of entry and then Teal'c calmy marched through backwards with his staff weapon pointing outwards. Still no order to close the Iris. Everyone waited and stared at the Gate with eyes as wide as they could go. It seemed to take forever , Sam was a bit agitated as she hadn't a clue as to what was going on. The General looked more concerned that she could remember.

" He General , what's going on , why aren't you closing the Iris , we're taking on fire-------------- General "

He didn't answer.

Suddenly there was a loud blast , again from a staff weapon and Colonel O'Neill burst through the Gate , flying horizontal . He hit the ramp with such force that he rolled , head over heels down to the bottom of the ramp.

" Close the Iris , " he bellowed.

Sam couldn't believe her eyes. The medical team immediately ran over to him.

" Beat it Fraiser , see to these others first, they need to be checked out . I'm fine , now go leave me alone. "

Doctor Fraiser smiled with relief and went to assist the SG-8 team members who were looking totally disorientated.

The Colonel was still on the deck . He rolled over and found himself at the feet of the Major.

" OH, hey , Nice pair of legs Major , you didn't need to dress on my behalf " he said with his cheeky grin and sarcastic manner.

She stepped away instinctively before he had a chance to look up her skirt.

" Well , you can't blame a guy for trying . Here help me up ,Oh, Ah ,Ouch "

" What is Jack ? Are you alright ? Doctor , over here quick ! "

" Hold it , I don't need the Doctor , it's just my shoulder , It's this bloody ramp . General , isn't it about time you lined this ramp with some foam or something ?"

" What's the matter Colonel , getting soft in you old age ??"

The Colonel just drew him a look and headed for the showers. See you in 5 Major .

" Yes Sir ! " the Major saluted

" At ease Major " Jack returned the salute.

The Colonel was immediately called to the briefing room to de-brief the General as to what he found on the mission. It was obvious that the work on the planet was not finished and a strategy would need to be worked out to return. It was late and the General dismissed the team. As they were leaving,

" Jack !.,, Good work , It's good to have you back, How do you feel "

" Good Sir, I feel Good ! -- I had to tell Lieutenant Haley to slow down a few times but that's normal , she's a ball of energy. She's really shaping up well Sir, the Majors' done a good job while I've been away "

" Speaking of the Major, Colonel , have you had a chance to speak to her since you got back ? "

" How could I Sir , I've been here with you the whole time ."

" In that case DISMISSED Colonel . I order you to spend some time with your wife. "

" Not possible Sir , I'm on Night Duty, --Duty Officer until 6am ! You know Sir , sometimes Life sucks !!!"

The Colonel went looking for Major Carter , 1.------to say Hello and 2.---to break the news to her about Night Duty.

She was sitting in his office waiting for him, out of dress uniform and into her fatigues.

" Hey you! I think you'll find this is my office Major ! "

She got out of his chair and stood to attention.

"Sir ! Yes Sir ! Sorry Sir ! " she stood rigidly facing him with a right sarcastic grin on her face. Her eyes were bright and clear .

He went over to her and circled her as if inspecting the troops. When he got behind her , he breathed on her neck --- she shivered . He then kissed her gently on the neck, she could hardly hold herself up by now. He then put his arms round her waist and snuggled right into her neck kissing her vigorously . that was it , she just went limp, into total submission and turned towards him . He kicked the office door shut and they kissed pasionately. They suddenly found themselves being sucked down onto the floor with a passion that they thought had disappeared with Osiris>

" Oh God Sam ! I've missed you , but get a grip , not here ! On the office floor ! How unprofessional can we get. "

" O'Neill, I've seen your rota , I know you're on Night Duty so What chance have I got. "

COLONEL O'NEILL TO THE OFFICERS QUARTERS IMMEDIATELY.

"Doh !!!!---------- Saved by the Intercom , Officers quarters? That's a new one . I hope it's not somebody drunk, dancing and generally enjoying themselves "

When he got to the Officers Corridor , the duty Sargent pointed him to one of the room doors . he took a deep breath and pushed the door open with slight anticipation.

General Hammond was standing in the room with a bottle of champagne . What was going on . this was surreal . He looked around him. Large Double bed, small sitting area, small kitchen area, en-suite bathroom.

He looked at the General with that What this all about look ???

" Colonel , It seemed to me that you and Major Carter should have married quarters. We've had this little final surprise set up for you both since you left for PX3 978 , but with one thing or another we've never had the opportunity to present them to you. The General picked up the phone.

" Hello Major , Do you think you could come and join the Colonel in the Officers Quarters, "

" Certainly General "

She arrived looking rather bewildered.

" Our new ON-BASE home Major , What do you think ??"

She just looked at those dark eyes , calm , sincere , and loving dark eyes , said nothing and just snuggled into his arms >

" Well I don't know what the Major thinks , because she's speachless " said the General , but I know what I think and it's that you two should have some time alone Colonel . I'll be on base to cover this evening, you and the Major get some ---------- REST !!!! "

The Colonel closed the door behind the General , locked it and he and the Major did what they were ordered to do and had some-------------REST !!!

REST???????? All night long.

End of Series.....The way Forward...........( I think )

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to JeanA