Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Summer Ball, The

by JeanA
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Summer Ball

The Summer Ball

by JeanA

Title: The Summer Ball
Author: JeanA
Email: gmajca@fsmail.net
Category: Romance
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: adult themes
Summary: Will Sg-1 be On World this year at the Summer Ball and if so .Who will attend ??
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

12th August 2002

Summer Ball ??

Loud Claxon Sounds

OFF WORLD ACTIVATION

CLOSE THE IRIS

SG-1 IDC

OPEN THE IRIS

All eyes were on the Stable Wormhole

First through was Teal'c, then Jonas, then Major Carter and Finally ..bringing up the rear as usual Colonel O'Neill.. .The all staggered to the bottom of the ramp and collapsed seperately in a tired heep ..... " Colonel ..Report !!..Are you injured..?" " No Sir just tired ..It's been a long haul ....Remind me never to go out on 3 Back to Back Missions again..I'm getting

too old for this......"
" By the look of the rest of your team Colonel ..Age has nothing to do with it.....Go get checked out with the Doctor...
.Shower and meet me in the Briefing Room in an hour..If you're not up to de-briefing I'll re-arrange but I do want to
see you are all OK......"

" Yes..Sir."

"You look better Colonel .."
" Yes it's amazing what a shower and a shave can do .......Let's get this de-brief over Sir , then we can get home and get some rest...."
The De-Brief took an hour...Jonas was dozing off and the Major was having difficulty stringing two words together..... They were all dismissed...

As the Colonel made for home he noticed the light on in the Majors Lab.....He went in to find her with her face to her
microscope.....He went up and leaned on her work bench ....

" Carter....I thought you were told to go home.." "Yes Sir..I know ..but I just noticed the results are back from some tests I was running before we went Off World...." " For Crying out Loud Carter ....Look at you ..You're almost dead on your feet .....Get up ....Come.On....Now! Carter and that's an order...."
There was a knock on the door..It was an SF.... " What ?"
Shouted the Colonel rather abruptly ....

" Sorry Sirs..I just wanted to check if you are both going to the Summer Ball in two weeks time.....? I need to give
the caterers the final numbers and you both haven't replied to the memo......"

" OH..My ...I never get the memos about these things ..." The Colonel was being very sarcastic..and lifted his eyes to the ceiling. " I won't be going Lieutenant...How about you Major...?." " No ..I'm not going either Lieutenant...." " Thank you Sirs...Sorry to interrupt..." " Right Carter ....Home..!....Now...!"
" What is it to you whether I go home now or not ....?"

" I worry about you .....I think you work too hard and don't play enough ....You're going to burn out if you're not
careful ..believe me I know...You know you should go to that Ball.....I'm sure some Officer would be delighted to
escort you ....."

" I'm not really interested Sir..."
" Well you should be...Come on I'll walk you to your car..." " Sure you don't want to see me right to my door Sir..?" " Watch it ..I just might if you don't watch your step ...." The Colonel and the Major had worked together now for over 6 years ..They had been through some very good times and some very bad times.....Coincidentally or not...SG-1 had never made any Big Base Functions in all these years ...They were always ..Off World.....
The Major and the Colonel were great friends and had a deep respect for each other....They were as close as a couple could be without the romance and the intimacy .....mainly due to the Regulations that governed their positions as Officers in the Airforce.....
"I'm sorry Colonel ..I'm not authorising SG-1 for Off World Activity for the next two weeks...You have all been on too many Missions ..too close together..There are another 19 SG Teams and I'm afraid they will have to do without you and your team for the next two weeks while you all get back to peak condition...You said yourself you felt jaded and lethargic on the last mission......
" I should learn to keep my mouth shut.." " I wouldn't have authorised you Off World anyway Colonel ..It's my job to see that you are not at any physical disadvantage and right now..You , the Major and Jonas are tired and jaded....it's as simple as that...." " What about my mental health ..I'll be bored out my brain stuck on base for the next two weeks..." " Tough.."
" Charming Doctor......."
It was the Friday of the Summer Ball....3 days away from their return to Active Off World Duty...The Colonel went for his usual wander to wind up his 2IC...He leaned against her work bench as normal .....

" I'm so bored Carter....."
" Yes Sir....I never thought I'd say this but I'm beginning to get that way myself......."

" You know ..In all my years in the Airforce I've never been so up to date with my paperwork ..I wish I could write up some advance reports..You know ..Get a head start...." " Know what you mean but unfortunately not possible..." The Colonel was fiddling with items on her work bench....He always fidgeted. " Any way ...Are you going to the Ball tonight....?" " No Sir....!"
" Why not....?....We're not Off World ...You should go ..." " I'm not going Sir....."
" So...No Date ..or No dress...??"
He was smiling that cheeky smile.
" If you must know......BOTH...."
" Aw Come on Major ..Surely there's some dashing YOUNG Officer on the base asked you out to the Ball...." " Fraid not Sir..and I wouldn't have accepted if they had....I'm not interested in any of the YOUNG ,as you put it , Officers on the base....I like to keep my private life to myself....SIR !..!" "Oh !..Was that a dig ..Major..?"
He clutched at his heart....
" If that's the way you saw it ..then you can take it that way if you like..." " So Major...Would you accompany an OLD Officer if he asked you ...." " Like who Sir. ?."
" Like Me !..Major..."
" I thought you weren't going....?"
" I wasn't until Hammond got me in his office this morning and ordered me to go ......" " Are you asking me to go with you Sir...or ..ORDERING me ...?" " Asking..."
" What as your DATE..Sir?"
" No ..Not exactly ...As my .....partner..I'm asking you to join me as my partner...Nothing wrong in that ..Is there ..Major..?"
" I suppose not......I could see if there is something in my wardrobe that would be acceptable ....." " Is that a Yes....I will accompany you ..?"

" Yes....."
" Fine... I'll pick you up at 7pm......OK?"
" OK!....Ehm ..Sir ..Can I have the afternoon off to ehm get organised...."
" Yes..Of course.....I'll see you at 7pm...Oh and Major.......Can we drop the Colonel and the Sir..for the evening....

.try Jack ....??"
" Only if you drop the Major ..and call me Sam ..." " Deal ...!"
" Deal....!"

The Major managed to get a hair appointment in her village...She also knew that she had the very dress already hanging her in wardrobe ...She'd bought it ...just in case....of such an occasion....A beautiful flowing powder blue dress... ..with little shoestring straps . It fitted precisely over her lithe and toned body ........

She was ready at 6:45 and waited for the arrival of the Colonel ...She noticed a base Staff Car drawing up ...She got a surprise as she had expected the Colonels Jeep ....Her breath was taken from her when the Colonel got out of the car dressed in his Tuxedo and Bow Tie....he looked different ...suddenly ...strikingly handsome..She felt her stomach starting to quiver ...The door knocked ..She opened it..... "Wow.....Good God..Where have you been hiding her...Sam !....You look gorgeous...here ..ehm ....ahem...This is for you ..."
He took a single rose from behind his back ... " Oh....Jack ....How sweet.."
" Yep ..That's' me..Sweet....!....Ready to go ..?" " Yes I am ..and thank you ....A rose ??? ..Isn't that a bit romantic????" " Not if it was the only flower left in the shop.....!" He laughed and Sam drew him a look of disgust.... " Now.....Jack ..Can we please dispense with the sarcasm tonight if possible.?..." " I can't promise but I will try ....OK?" " OK..!"
He ran to open the door for the Major... " Thank you kind gentleman ....."
" Yep....That's me ..An Officer and a Gentleman ....Richard Gere has nothing on me Sam ..." " Ehm........Not tonight he hasn't.."
She mumbled..
" Excuse me??"
" I was just thinking how smart you look in your Tux...Same hair colour..Richard Gere.Ahem.." "Thank you ....You know ..When I get back to the base on Monday I'm going to order all the men on the base to have a psych evaluation with Mckenzie.."
" What on earth for..?"
" To get their heads looked for none of them asking you out to this Ball .....Not that I'm complaining of course . .Their loss is my good fortune..."

" Jack ..You do realise that when we enter together it is going to cause a bit of a stir.....regulations and all .."
" Oh ..Sam ...We're going to a Base Ball .....where everyone can see us ..Hardly a clandestine meeting of two people
about to break Airforce Regulations..Get that out of your head....besides ..If anyone did take it that way ..I don't
give a damn any more ..35 years Service ...They can just try to Court Martial me.....JUST TRY IT...."
Sam looked at him.......There was no joke ..He was serious......
" You're right Jack .....The only thing I'm interested in is that I'm going to have a lovely night out with the most

dashing Officer at the ball..."
" And I with the most dazling young woman ..." She kissed his cheek ..
" Thanks for the rose ..It was thoughtful..." " You're welcome....Oh ..Looks like we've arrived....Deep breath now..Head up..!" They entered the Main Hall ....
"COLONEL O'NEILL and MAJOR CARTER...."

They both stood together as their names were called.......
General Hammond was standing with General Ryan , Chief of Staff and General Vidrine of the Joint Chiefs.......
" Interesting pairing George.......I didn't think your Colonel O'Neill socialised at such events....."

" He does when I order him to..."
" So ..Did he order his 2IC to join him...."

" That's' a possibility but knowing the Major ..not likely........I would say she is here because she wants to be......"
A buzz went round the room as they entered the hall........
" Well Sam ..I think you can safetly say ....we're the food for the gossips this evening..."
" Without a doubt Jack ....Oh !Oh !.....Do you see who is in the corner with The General..."
" Oh ...Right ..Great ..Top Brass....Well if your going to risk Court martial ..might as well do it in style ..that's
what I say .....Major ..Would you care to dance.......?"
" Yes Colonel ..."
They made their way to the dance floor.....It was as though the Red Sea parted..People stepped aside as they walked
through........They cut quite a dash on the dance floor..They made a stunning couple..There wasn't a head in the room

that didn't turn as they spun round the floor.... They left the dance floor and made their way towards The Generals Party... "General ....!"
" Colonel....!"
"General ....!"
" Colonel....!"
"General ....!"
" Colonel....!"
"Major....!"
" General ..!"
"Major....!"
" General ..!"
"Major....!"
" General ..!"

All five looked at each other and burst out laughing ....as if in the middle of a TV comedy sketch ...... General Vidrine was first to speak ..
" Colonel ..Good of you to join us this evening.....You and the Major enjoying yourselves.." " So far General ..Yes we are ..Aren't we ..Sam .?" " Yes..Jack ..I would say that we are..." They walked away and made their way over to join the rest of

SG-1...The Generals just looked at each other...There was a distinct hint of defiance in the Colonels tone.......
...General Hammond just smiled....After all he'd watched these two play games for more that six years........Janet
was looking intensely at Sam ..and signalled her to speak to her .....
"Excuse me Jack ....I've been summoned by the Doctor....."

" May-be she'll tell you you're not fit for DANCING DUTY...." Sam almost choked laughing.
" OK ..Sam ..Spill it..."
" What ?"
" What's with you and the Colonel .."

" Nothing ...We're partners for the evening....He was ordered to come and I didn't have a date etc ....etc....."
" Oh sure....Poor soul ..No date....."

" It's true ...Nobody asked me..It's alright for you ....Colin Davis asked you ...I never get asked to these things.. ..."
" Well ..You know why.....Don't you ?"
" NO...!....??"
" Because ....It is a well known fact that you are associated with the Colonel ....No-one would dare to go behind his back and ask you out on this base......" " But that is ridiculous ....I've never ...He's never....We've never ....You know If everyone THINKS we're together and we're not ..It makes a mockery of these damned rules...Here we are ....avoiding each other for years and everyone else THINKS different ....You know Janet ..That's sick ...Just wait 'till he hears this.....I'm quite appalled you know..."

Janet stood with a look of disbelief on her face.......
As Janet was having her chat with Sam .....General Hammond approached the Colonel
" Jack ...A word...?"
" Oh..Here it comes.......Yes Sir..?"

" You and the Major having fun ...Jack ..?" " Yes..for a change ..we're having fun....together...here with everyone watching..." "Is that all it is Jack ..Fun...?"
" Yes!....Well No !..I don't know Sir !..What are you asking....?" " Seems to me Jack that you have exercised a great deal of self control over the years ...You seem to be handling things differently tonight...."
" Really General ??.Well..... You told me to come here.... Sam wasn't coming ..I asked her to join me..and you know what

General ......I liked coming through that door with her....I mean look at her ..She's gorgeous.....I have loved her
from afar for so long ......"
" Not so far away tonight Jack ......"
" No Sir ..Not so far.......Yet......Well you know...I'm not about to put her career at risk .......Now ..My own ...Sir.
.I couldn't care two hoots right now......."
" I can see that Jack ....I don't want you risking either of your careers....."
" George...Sorry ..Can I call you George...??"
" Yes...Jack ....."
" George.......6 years is a long time.....You know ..I've had
it !....LTS.....I don't want to live with this size of regret for the rest of my life when I eventually run out of
luck ....I love Sam and have done for many years ......If it happens ..it happens ..If not ..So be it ...But ...Take
this as your warning.......If it does...I won't be Court Martialled .....I'll be out of here at the slightest hint of
charges....and that's a promise...."
" Let me make a promise to you Jack .....I promise you it will not come to that ..."
" What does that mean Sir..?"
" You work it out for yourself....Jack ....Enjoy the rest of your evening ....with Sam .......Jack .."
"Yes..Sir ...Thank you Sir.....I think ..."

Sam marched up to Jack with a stern serious look on her face..... " That look Sam ..Have you just detected a Goau'ld in the room or something...?.."

" No Goau'ld !!!........I think that would be easier to deal with........."
She took him aside and explained to him what Janet had said......he was visibly angry at the insinuations........
He then through his anger looked into Sams eyes ....There was a look of anger and sadness ....
" Why so sad Sam .....??"
" OH..I was really enjoying being with you tonight Jack ..I even managed to for a while pretend that we weren't who we
are ..Just two people who want to be together ....It's just so frustrating and unfair .....You know what I said about
not getting involved with any YOUNG Officer on the base.....?"

" Yes..."
" I could never do that because my whole soul and emotions are totally tied up with wanting to be with you and not being able to ....being with you tonight . dancing with you ...feeling your arms around me...the rose ... The Car ...You ...It's a bit like a fairytale and yet it will turn into a nightmare with us both being up on charges.....

.because ......
" Shhhhhhh...Sam .....Quiet ......"
He looked into her eyes and lifted her face towards him.......
He then kissed her ever so gently and tentatively.......A spark ran through both of them .......
" OH ..Jack ..You shouldn't have done......that.......oh ..God ...Do it again......"
Jack smiled this time as he gently kissed her again ........His smile broadened as he felt her kiss him back ......
.That was it !.....What followed was the most sensual passionate embrace and kiss that either had experienced for a
long long time ..if ever........
" General Hammond....Do you see what I see......??"
" Yes General Ryan .......Tell me General ..Are you going to bring the Colonel up on charges....????.."
" Certainly not ......After 35 years and an unblemished record ....I think the Airforce can certainly make a necessary
exception.......I'd hate to separate your best Officers and your Flagship Team .......Put it in a memo to me General
and I'll sign it ...."
" Yes. Sir....Thank You Sir......."
Jack and Sam eventually came up for air ..and they just looked at each other........There just was nothing to say ...
Jack pulled her into a comforting hug and she nuzzled into his neck ......It felt so good and so natural for both of
them ........Sam spoke first ...
" What ..No wise cracks or sarcasm .......??"
" No .....Sam ....No wise cracks or sarcasm ......How about .....I'm in love with you and have been for as long as I
can remember .... "
" I like that .......I love you too Jack ......but ..I think we might have just stepped over that line at the WRONG
time ....in the WRONG place .."
" Depends what way you look at it......The General had a word and said he promised I would not be brought up on charges
.....I have to trust him ...either that or I'll simply resign....For good this time.........I'm not losing what we have
...Not this time.....!"

" Me ..neither ..Whatever it takes this time Jack ..I don't care anymore...." " Good girl ...Now let's get onto that dance floor and show them how it's done...." They danced together most of the night...Sam went to the ladies closely followed by Janet

" Excuse me Sam but am I missing something or are you running a temperature?.....Here !...In front of The Chief of
Staff....Are you nuts.....Last time I looked Jack O'Neill was still your CO..I wasn't aware that anything had changed
in that department.......??"
" He is still my CO .....but you're wrong....We've changed....We're not fooling Janet .....This was bound to happen
sooner or later...Actually it should have happened sooner , much sooner.....Janet ..I've loved the man for such a long
time ...I can't tell you how it feels tonight to be finally with him, finally feel his arms around me....When we
kissed Janet...??I've felt nothing like it before......Don't lecture me......We are both prepared to face whatever
consequences are thrown at us......There comes a point Janet where we're right and the Airforce is wrong.....What
better a time to do it but when all who have the power are watching...May-be they'll take us seriously..I'll tell
you in your language Janet ..Jack is as serious as a heart attack......It's not going to change now.....He's already
said he'll resign before he goes through a Court Martial ..so you tell me ..Who has something to lose ...Us ...or .
.the SGC.......I would say the SGC Janet ....."
" Oh Sam .. Honey ..I fear for you ...."
" Don't ..I'm a big girl ...I know what I am doing and you know what ...I should have done it years ago ....."
Jack was standing day dreaming when he recognised General Ryans' voice behind him.....
" Colonel O'Neill...That was some date you arrived with tonight .....Major Carter ..Your 2IC I understand...?"

" That's right General Ryan ..."
" Not afraid of the Fraternisation Rules then Colonel ..." " Not anymore Sir...."
" And why would that be Colonel ....??."

" General ...I'm 52 years of age ....I've been in the United States Airforce for 35years .....Most of my life.....I've
given the Airforce my un-ending loyalty and total commitment .....and still will given the chance.....I've also put the
rest of my life on hold for a number of years now due to these rules......I have loved the Major for a number of years

and have fought to keep our relationship purely professional ....Believe it or not I'm tired of it , and I want a life outside the SGC....I'm not going to be able to do this job for ever and I'm not going to end up a washed out bitter ,

lonely old soldier.....Sure it's awkward , difficult .....etc..but ....I didn't choose to love the lady ..It just
happened and for both of us Thank God.......I don't know your take on it General but I would ask that if you value
anything I've done over the years either in Special Ops or as CO of SG-1 .....please don't embarrass me by charging me
with some misguided offence..It's hardly a mis-use of my power as her CO and it's not going to interfere with our work
....quite the contrary ..If we are disciplined..I believe that would be detrimental to our work .........I didn't mean
to go through this with you Sir....You simply handed me the opportunity by being here and coming over to talk to me..."
" Ok...Colonel ..My take .....I have spoken with General Hammond who does not wish either of you to bear any
consequences of tonights actions.....Are you saying to me that this is a long term proposition that you and the Major
intend to pursue......likely to end in marriage Colonel ...?"
" Difficult question to answer General considering I haven't asked her ....We just kissed for the first time tonight
for crying out loud...but.....Yes...Sir...That would be my intention....."
" Not just a fling then Colonel ??"
" NO Sir..Certainly not...and not something that has been entered into lightly Sir....I know the stakes......We know
the stakes.....Quite frankly Sir.....If you don't allow it then I'll write my resignation out now......"
" That won't be necessary .....Colonel ...In my position as Chief of Staff I have the authorioty to make whatever

exceptions I see fit to the rule that govern our situation....The SGC is clearly a unique Command and I believe that SG-1 is even more unique considering we have two unauthorised aliens on the team who technically don't exist in Military terms.....I am clear that you are not mis-using your position as CO and with that fact in mind I remove both you and the Major from the confines of these rules that govern Fraternisation Rules and Chain of Command....I will write directly to you both detailing this as soon as I get back to Washington...Now Colonel..I trust you will both enjoy what is left of your evening..?" " I will Sir..and ...Thank you for your support and understanding..."

" No Colonel ..Thank you for ..What was it ....??......Your un-ending loyalty and total commitment which constantly
goes far beyond the call of duty........"

The Colonel went looking for the Major..She was with SG-1 , Janet and Major Davis.... " Hi there....Miss me??"
" Sure....What did General Ryan want ......" " Well if you must know Janet...We were comparing diaries to see when I would be available to go to Washington to answer charges pending Court Martial ........." He grabbed Sams hand and whispered to her ... " Come on you ...Let's get out of here...We got some talking to do .." " Don't know if I like the sound of this Jack ....What exactly did the General say ..I mean ..I'll go speak to him.. ...How dare he..?"
" Shhhh..Will you ...Calm down ....Don't blow a fuse .......He didn't say that but it'll sure keep them busy thinking he did...."
He called for his Car ......
" So ..What did he say ...."

" Shhhh..I'll tell you when we get out of here....."
" Jack ..Sometimes you are incorrigible......."
" I know....But wait ..It'll be worth it ....I promise.....Stop worrying.........Oh..Driver....Major Carters House
first...".
They got into the car and Jack lifted his arm for Sam to lean into him.......It was so natural ..so right ......Both
of them sunk into each other....
" Oh...Sam ..I like being able to hold you ......You have no idea how good this feels ..to be near you and be able to
touch you ......"
" Jack ..I think I have a very good idea of how it feels..It's the same for me .....Now ....Put me out of my misery .
...What was General Ryan talking to you about ..It seemed an intense discussion"
" It was......He wanted to know if my date was for one night only or longer term ....."
" Is that what he said .??"
" Well not so bluntly but that's what he meant ....."
" What did you tell him....."
" Everything ....about how long we'd loved each other..years of avoidence...years of struggling to stay apart and yes
we intended this relationship to be long term ........"

" And ??"
" He asked if I intended to marry you ..." " And ....??"
" Told him ..that was none of his business......" " And do you ..?"
" Do I what ..?"
" Do you intend to marry me...??."
" Not so fast Sam.......but....Yes .!.I do......! I wasn't going to ask you just yet .....but I know one thing ..That kiss tonight ...I know I've never felt that way before after kissing anyone in my life ...."

" Not even Sara......??"
" Not Sara Sam ....Not anyone..........Ahem....Any chance of a replay ..just to make sure......."

" I thought you'd never ask....!"
This time they were alone in the confines of the Staff Car ....The most intimate situation they'd ever been in together

.......It felt so special ..The feelings flowing through them both were overwhelming....
" Jack ......I feel ....God ..I feel dizzy ....."
" Me too ...My head doesn't feel as if it's connected to my body anymore....."
The car stopped....
" Oh ..Ehm..Sirs......We're here ..Major Carters House........"
" What..?...Right .....Thanks ....."
The Driver opened the door and Jack helped Sam out of the Car......
" Jack ....Come in for coffee........"
" OK....."

" Sir ... Would you like me to wait for you ..??" Sam leaned into the Drivers window..... " No Driver ..That won't be necessary .....We'll call a cab when the Colonels ready ...Be on your way ....." " Sorry Major but I can only take orders from the Colonel ...."

" DO as she says Lieutenant........."
"Yes Sir....Have a nice evening .....!"
The Colonels Driver couldn't hide his smile as he drove away ......
As soon as they entered Sams bungalow.....She put the coffee on and went to sit with Jack on the sofa.......
" You haven't finished telling me about General Ryan ......What's going to happen ..I mean we did kind of push it
......right in front of him ..didn't we..?"

" Yes..we did....He has said that due to the uniqueness of this Command and our Team situation that he will remove us from the confines of the Fraternisation Regs and Chain of Command Rules....He agrees that I am not mis-using my position as Co over you and that to enforce these rules would be detrimental to the programme ..so ..We're in the clear Sam . .It's over .....We don't need to worry and we don't need to hide anything ..anymore....Well not that we have been 'cause up to now nothing has happened ..but ..Oh...You know what I mean...."

" Shhhh....Yes I know what you mean......"
She immediately pressed her lips against his and he responded ......Their kiss deepened .....In the privacy of Sams
home .......they were able to truly explore each others mouths fully intimately and with a sensual passion either had

only imagined before.....
Sam removed Jacks jacket ....loosened his tie and started unbuttoning his shirt.. " Sa-am ?"
He tried to talk without pulling away from their kiss..... " If you carry on with this ..I'm going to lose it and probably abuse that positon as CO ....." " So Colonel ...What are you waiting for ..I'm not exactly fighting you off.... .." " You sure about this ..."

" Never surer.......Now shut up and tell me you love me......."
" I love you Sam ......."
" Good ..Now ..Show me you love me......."
At that Jack pulled away ..Looked deep into Sams eyes.......
" OK..Lets' do this properly ....."
He reached for her hand and she put her hand in his and they moved to the bedroom.........Once there .....Sam lit a
few candles by her bed and put on some soft music......Jack pulled her to him and they began to dance slowly and
sensually to the music.......Slowly ..Bit by bit they undressed each other ..The atmosphere was charged ..almost at
fever pitch ......
" You know Sam ..You are one beautiful woman .....I don't know how I've managed to resist you all this time..."
" Yes well ..You're not so bad yourself Jack ........"
They both slid under the sheet on Sams bad and met in a most loving and intimate embrace......This was a moment both
had dreamed of , longed for , fantasised about , wanted ..for longer than they could think ...They explored each other
until they had intimate knowledge of every crevice , every blemish......Just as Jack was about to make love to her ..he
loked into those vibrant blue eyes full of desire......
" You really want this don't you Sam ....."
" Yes Jack ...More than you know ...I love you Jack O'Neill ...."
" And I love you too Samantha Carter......"
They made the most exciting and satisfying...love......It wasn't just sex..It was the joining of two souls ...Two
souls that had all but joined until now.....Both were overcome with emotion......They fell into each otehrs arms and
Jack could feel Sam sobbing.....It disturbed him....
" Sam ..You Ok..?....What's wrong..??......Did I hurt you ..I'm sorry ....."
" No .....No..Nothings wrong ...Everything is just ......so ..right .....I had hoped that it would be special if /when
we eventually got together but I never imagined how I'd really feel ...."
" And .....???"
" I can't put it into words .......I don't ever want to be without you Jack ....I always want to know that I can feel
like that ...I can only do that with you .......I need you Jack ........This long term question...??...As far as I'm
concerned it's settled ..I don't want to be alone again......"
" You won't be ..I promise.....Now ......Shhhhh........It's Saturday tommorrow .....well this morning I suppose.......
..Lets sleep , and we can talk in the morning......Sort a few things out .....OK..?"
" OK.......!"
Jack stroked Sams cheek ..She leaned into his touch ..He gently kissed her lips and pulled her into his side as close
as they could get...They were soon both asleep in each others arms........

Jack and Sam spent the next two days together talking through the future and their plans..It was decided that they'd pussyfooted around enough ..Sam would move into Jacks House and close her own ....they would marry but leave it until they'd had a chance to speak to Sams Dad , Jacob. Plans at work ..No change ..Carry on as normal ....It would be a bonus to be able to go home and spend their time off

together.....A totally focussed professional attitude at work would re-enforce that the decision to allow them to be
together was right......

Monday morning ..They arrived together and proceeded to security to sign in.... " Good morning Colonel....I have word here for both you and Major Carter to go immediately to the Generals Office.." " Oh....Thank you ......"
" What do you think this is about Jack...?" " Don't know ....It'll be something about Friday night I would guess..let's just get it over with and we can get on with our duties...."
" Morning General ....Came straight away ..What's the emergency?" " Is the Major with you ,,?"
" Yes..Sir..right here..."
" Morning General ."

" Morning Major...Come in ...Both of you .....Go take a look at the Gate Room...."
The Colonel couldn't believe his eyes....the Gate Room was full of SG personell.....The Gate was sealed off with some
tape or other and there was a banner strung across it that read......
"NO COLONEL ..........NO GATE TRAVEL..........!!"
SG-1 to SG-20 were all lined up .....Doctor Fraser, all the technicians...maintenance crews.....etc....All lined up in

the gate Room.....
" Sorry General ...I don't understand...."

" No Colonel ..Nor do I ...I came in here at six this morning and the Room was as it is now......Doctor Fraser has
informed that The SGC is on strike until the charges against the Colonel for Court martial are dropped....."

" What ??"
" Jack ..You did say to Janet..."

" OH ..For Crying out Loud.......Sir..I'm sorry ..I think this is my fault..."
" Too damn right Colonel ..It certainly isn't mine.....Please Explain...?"
" Sir....Friday night .....As usual Janet was poking her nose in just a little too far and I told her that General
Ryan and I were arranging my date for going up to Washington to be brought up on charges...I was joking ..and well .
..then we left Sir.........I guess she took it seriously ......"
" Well Colonel ....This is your doing ...Undo it and that's an order......Oh and Colonel ...I would get into uniform
first........"
" Yes Sir......."

" Major ..A word?"
The Colonel made his way to his locker and got changed..

" Sam I didn't get a chance to speak to you properly on Friday ......Are you OK..?....I mean are things Ok with you
and Jack ......"
" Yes Sir..They're better than Ok......"
" Is it something your Dad should be aware of ....."

" Yes it is Sir..I've closed up the house and moved in with Jack ..and we are planning to marry ..I want my Dad involved of course ...and Jack won't marry until he's had a chance to talk to my Dad....I'll try to contact him when

things settle down abit....We certainly weren't expecting this this morning........Jack'll straighten it out Sir.."
" I know he will Major....Still It must be nice to see the level of support you both have on this base.....?"
" Yes it is Sir.....a bit overwhelming ....anyway ..I should get changed into my uniform Sir.....SG-1 briefing still
at the usual time....."

" Yes Major ..If they turn up ...They're in the Gate Room you know...." " Yes. Sir...."
The Colonel entered the Control Room and took control of the microphone. " Good Morning Squadron......!"
"MORNING COLONEL "....was the loud reply.

"There's been a slight mis-understanding.....First of all it's very touching to think you all care and support the
Major and myself.....On Friday night I did have a discussion with General Ryan ...but ..I lied......I know it's not
like me....I told Doctor Fraiser I was to be Court Martialled for my involvement with Major Carter......."
The Major entered the Control Room and joined Jack at the mic....
" Oh Hi there ..Nice of you to join me.....What kept you ...?...."
She just smiled silently..
" As I was saying.......To cut a long story short...I'm not to be Court Martialled...the rules are being adjusted to

accommodate our unique situation..so there is no need for you all to go on strike on our behalf ..I'm sorry for your trouble but if you don't mind..I need you all to get back to your duties immediately....You can take it up with me later if you like ..I know you will Doctor.......But Come on Team let's get this show back on the road......" Ther was a buzz around the Gate Room as people smiled and cheered ..all except Janet Fraiser Of course....Boy was

HE going to get it........
" SG-1 stay in the Gate Room I'm coming down......"
Jack joined his team in the gate Room and went to work freeing up the Stargate so that they could all get back to work
.There was a light hearted air about the base........A voice came through the Control Room mic.....
" Sg-1 briefing at 10:30 hours Coolonel ....Don't be late..!"
The Colonel saluted up to the General and the two men smiled at each other......Back to normal ......

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to JeanA