Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Stargazers Stargaters Parts 11-15

by Jane
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Stargazers Stargaters Parts 11-15

Stargazers Stargaters Parts 11-15

by jane

Summary: Liz Parker and Alex Whitman (from Roswell) are recruited into the SGC.
Category: Crossovers, Drama, Future Story, Mystery, Romance
Crossover: Roswell
Season: Season 2
Pairing: Daniel/Share, Jack/Sam
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: adult themes, minor language
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 05/24/03

Part 11

"Off-world activation." An airman in the SGC's control room called out and General Hammond came quickly from his office. "Receiving SG-1's GDO code, sir." The airman informed his superior.

'Open the iris." The General ordered and the airman complied.

"Opening iris, sir."

"They were supposed to be fighting a Goa'uld mother-ship; the battle can't be over yet. I just hope the destruction to that planet wasn't too great, or SG-1's wounds too serious that they had to retreat." General Hammond said, worried.

"Chevron seven, locked." Another airman called out and the Stargate erupted vertically.

"Should I call Medical for back-up, sir?" The first airman asked.

General Hammond was just about to say yes, when five figures stepped through the Stargate. All of them were smiling and every one of them looked fit and whole.

"Who's that woman with Dr. Jackson?" The General murmured, almost to himself and then replied. "It doesn't look as though they need any medical assistance, airman." The General commented, shaking his head in wonder.

"No sir." The airman agreed happily, but he General had already headed for the stairway down to the Gateroom.

When he reached his premiere team, General Hammond looked them over again, closely and saw the burn-mark on Captain Carter's shirt.

"Welcome home, SG-1. Captain Carter, do you require medical attention?" He asked, concerned.

"No, sir; I'm fine, thank you." Carter answered.

"We have quite a tale to tell you, sir." Colonel O'Neill told his superior, before he could start asking questions. "Suffice it to say that P3X-777 is safe and so are its people. Apophis got away, but we did blow up his mother-ship...and his queen Amonette, was killed...General Hammond, may I present Sha're Jackson, whole and free of the Goa'uld, Amonette."

"This is your wife, Dr. Jackson?" The General asked, stunned that the young archeologist had finally gotten his beloved wife back, after two years of searching for her.

"Yes, General, this is Sha're." Daniel said with a tender voice, still gazing down into Sha're's love-filled eyes.

"Very nice to finally meet you, ma'am." The General said formally, with his charming smile, as he shook her hand. "Your husband is only the first among all of us who are happy to see you whole and well!"

"Thank you." Shar're said softly and shyly to the kind older man, whom Daniel had explained to her was the chief of their tribe here.

Sha're looked at the large, alien-looking room around her with huge eyes. She did not really like it, but Daniel had explained that he did not live here, he only worked her. Sha're knew that there was so much she would need to learn if her husband was going to continue living here and not return to Abydos, but right now it was all too much to take in.

"SG-1 and Mrs. Jackson, report to the Infirmary for your post-mission physicals. We will debrief after you've had a chance to shower and change." General Hammond ordered.

"Yes, sir." Colonel O'Neill said before shepherding his team out of the Gateroom and down the hall to the Infirmary.

They walked into Medical and Dr. Janet Fraser was there to greet them. She looked them over for herself, gasped when she saw the burn-mark on Sam's shirt and rushed forward.

"Sam, you've been wounded! Why didn't anyone inform me of this as soon as you came through the gate?" Janet cried out as she gently peeled Sam's collar back to reveal...whole, healthy skin, marked only by...a silver handprint. "What's this? What's going on here?"

"I was wounded during the battle, but King Zan healed me!" Sam exclaimed.

"You submitted to some alien healing device, Sam? How could you do that? You don't know what kind of affect something like that would have on you!" Janet reproved as she gently palpated the skin where the handprint was.

"Doctor, it wasn't any alien-device, that healed Captain Carter." Colonel O'Neill clarified. "The King himself has the power to heal all manner of wounds. And...he had already safely healed Sha're after the Goa'uld, Amonette left her and was killed."

"Really! How'd he heal you, Sam? What did he do?" Janet asked cautiously.

"Janet...All King Zan did was tell me to look into his eyes...no hardship there...oh man he has the most gorgeous amber eyes...uh...and then he placed his hand over my wound and in a matter of seconds the pain disappeared and the wound was totally healed! Zan said that the handprint would disappear in a few days." Sam reassured the doctor.

"Well never the less, I'm going to order an MRI as well as the usual blood-work for both you and Sha're." Janet said, before she walked off to give her orders to the nurses and technicians.

"Hey Carter, you know that an MRI is nothing to worry about." Jack reassured his 2IC; Sam's eyes had grown huge and her mouth had dropped open.

"What, sir? Uh, no I wasn't thinking about the MRI. I was thinking about the handprint." She motioned for her four friends to move in closer to her. "Remember when Liz Parker told us about how her alien-friend healed her?" Sam whispered since no one besides General Hammond, SG-1, Alex and Liz knew what had really happened during their disastrous mission on'599. "Liz said that he left behind a silver handprint where her gun shot wound had been...what if Max was an Antarian, like Zan or Rath?"

"Let's take your theory to the next step, Sam." Daniel said. "Remember that Liz told us that her Max was the leader of his people...and Mergle told us that the Royal Four had been sent to another planet, on which they were supposed to safely grow up, but then their enemies found them there. Zan and the others defeated those enemies and returned to Antar when their people begged them for their help!"

"Oh man...Zan and Max are the same person?" Sam cried out, but then slapped her hand over her mouth and looked around the Infirmary to see if anyone had heard her; no one had.

"Oh for crying out loud, we don't know that!" Jack exclaimed, irritably.

"SG-1, I have your beds all ready for you." Janet called out before anyone could reply to the Colonel.

All four of them gave each other significant glances and Daniel put his finger in front of his lips as he faced Sha're, asking her not to say anything about what she had just heard.

"Daniel, I'm going to take Sha're for her MRI while you have your physical." Janet said.

Daniel saw how frightened his wife was, at being separated from him and insisted on staying with her. Janet tried to argue, but Daniel stood firm and eventually everyone received their physicals, blood was drawn and MRIs were taken.

"I'll have the first test results in a while, but everything looks good so far." Janet said, releasing them to go to their debriefing.

"Thanks, Janet." Daniel and Sam said to their friend, before they left the Infirmary; Sha're's hand gently but firmly held in Daniel's.

After showering and changing...Sam helping Sha're...the five of them were walking down the hallway when they ran into Liz and Alex.

"Welcome back, guys; we heard that you kicked some Goa'uld butts off of that planet!" Alex grinned.

"Yeah, we're so glad that none of you were hurt." Liz said. While SG-1 exchanged some more significant glances, Liz took a long look at Sha're and asked. "Daniel...is this your wife, Sha're?" Liz asked, smiling with hope for her friend.

"Yes, this is Sha're!" Daniel answered, grinning. "Sha're, I'd like you to meet two of my friends; Liz Parker and Alex Whitman."

"You are...friends...with my Dan'yel?" Sha're asked a little jealously, looking mostly at Liz.

"Yes, Sha're, Daniel is a very good Friend..." Liz emphasized the word. "...to Alex and I and we are both so happy that he's finally found you. Daniel has been so worried about you; it is obvious that he loves you very much." Liz finished sincerely, but with a knowing look in her eyes.

"Ahhh." Sha're said, the jealous-look leaving her lovely face as she gazed up at her tall husband and ran a hand down the side of his face. "I have been most worried about you all this time as well, my Dan'yel." She said softly, almost shyly.

"Sha're, I'm so sorry about everything that's happened to you...I wish I had taken you with us, to the address chamber, as you had wanted to...then you wouldn't have been captured. Believe me; I'm not going to be letting you out of my sight for quite some time!" Daniel promised, kissing Sha're on her brow.

"Okay kids, the General is waiting for us so we'd better get going." Jack said before Sha're could pull Daniel into a lo-ong, passionate kiss...again!

"We'll have to invite all of you over for dinner sometime soon." Liz promised, before their friends continued on down the hallway.

"That would be great; thanks, Liz!" Daniel called back as he and Sha're walked down the hall, their arms around each other.

When they reached the conference room, General Hammond was indeed waiting for them.

"Have a seat, SG-1." He ordered. "And Mrs. Jackson." He said more gently as an afterthought.

Daniel pulled out a chair for Sha're and then took the one next to hers as the rest of his team took their seats. Sha're was glad to sit down and remain quiet; she tried to pay attention to what Daniel and the others were saying, but this day had been such a long one; filled with so much stress and worry. Coming to Daniel's world; so different and alien, was the straw that broke her camel's back and as she sat in the comfortable leather chair, their voices and words blended together and washed over her, as she more or less fell asleep with her eyes open.

"So Colonel, why don't you start telling me that long story you mentioned earlier." General Hammond ordered.

"Yes, sir." Jack replied and told his tale.

He told of the Antarian's ancient history with the Stargate and how it had been rediscovered. How Amonette and her Jaffa had come through and been defeated, the Goa'uld killed and Sha're saved. He told a little bit about SG-1's encounter with the Royal Four, before the mother-ship was detected; the Antarian civil war and the rebuilding of their cities, including the fact that King Zan had turned the Royal Palace into a children's hospital.

"And now Antar has a treaty with the other four planets in that region of space?" General Hammond asked.

"Yes, sir; it sounds like Khivar, who usurped King Zan's thrown and Kathanna, the leader of one of the other planets, were the ones who really kept the hostilities going. The other three planets mostly just tried to defend themselves. Zan and the others returned to Antar; got rid of Khivar and Kathanna and then were able to negotiate a mutual-defense treaty."

"When Apophis' mother-ship was detected by one of the planets furthest away from Antar, King Zan was able to ask the planetary leaders for help and all four of them sent ships to tail Apophis and when the time was right, destroy the ship, sir." Captain Carter added.

"Tell me about the battle, I couldn't believe it was over so soon, when the five of you returned." The General ordered.

SG-1 detailed their part in the battle; getting aboard the mother-ship, placing C4 in strategic places, destroying many of the death-gliders and escaping the ship. Jack, Sam and Teal'c gave what information they could about the Antarian fighter-craft, anti-aircraft guns and the four-squares.

"Let me get this straight, these people have...psychic powers?" The General asked, incredulously.

"Yes, sir." Jack confirmed. "We saw the four-squares in action...it was very impressive."

"General, Sam was wounded and King Zan healed her with just the touch of his hand!" Daniel exclaimed.

"That burn-mark on your clothing..." Hammond remembered. "And you are truly healed, Captain?" He asked.

"Truly, sir; I feel great! Dr. Fraser checked me over quite thoroughly." Sam said.

"I don't suppose you had time to discuss the exchange of information; our scientists traveling there to study their culture and technology." The General mused.

"We did that too, sir." Jack said smugly. "Or at least Daniel made a good start."

"I think our helping them battle Apophis really broke the ice, General." Daniel said glaring at Jack, who looked anywhere but at his teammates. "They have a lot of advanced technology, including faster-than-light space-craft, but a great deal of their technology...anything fast enough to make the enormously-long journey to Earth, were destroyed during their civil war. King Zan seemed willing to negotiate a sharing of our Goa'uld technology for theirs, and/or a partnership consisting of our resources; both materials and personnel and their technical know-how." Daniel explained. "There is one hitch for the immediate future, however. King Zan has requested two to three week's time to clean up the new mess, created by the battle with Apophis and to get his people settled down and things back to normal, a little."

"That sounds reasonable." The General agreed. "After that period you would be allowed to continue your negotiations, Dr. Jackson?"

"Yes, sir." Daniel confirmed.

"Well then..." The General started to say, but Sam started to speak at the same time.

"There's one more thing, General." Sam said.

"Carter." O'Neill groaned.

"It's pretty important, sir." Sam said to both the Colonel and to the General.

"What is it, Captain?" General Hammond asked, glancing at his 2IC, who was shaking his head.

"Well, sir; it's something we're piecing together..." Sam started. "Something we didn't mention before was the language...thing."

"What?" General Hammond asked, confused.

"At first, the Antarians claimed that the only mutual language we shared was that of the Ancients. Daniel and the Antarian interpreter, Mergle, had to translate everything out of one native tongue, into the Ancient's language and then into the language of the other person."

"Yes, I remember you telling me that, that was the situation before you left." General Hammond said.

"Well, sir...they were sort of...lying." Sam admitted.

"Lying? Explain, Captain." Hammond ordered.

"After we agreed to help them fight Apophis, King Zan showed his thanks by admitting that he and a few others could speak English." Sam said.

"What? How? Why did they pretend that they didn't understand English?" The General asked.

"It seems that Antarians have visited earth in the past and brought at least one of our languages back with them, sir." O'Neill answered. "Hey Daniel, we'll have to find out if they know any other Earth languages."

"The answer to your third question, GeneralHammond, is that they did not trust us and wished to gain intelligence as to our true motives and plans for their planet. Basic strategic planning; use every advantage you have." Teal'c noted.

Both O'Neill and Hammond harrumphed at that; the first grudgingly, the second; in agreement.

"But Daniel and I think that there's more to their story and a totally different reason that they knew English." Sam piped up.

"Carter." Jack warned again.

"Go ahead, Captain." General Hammond said, giving Jack a warning glance of his own.

"I think that Zan, Rath, Valondra and Ava were the ones who visited Earth, not just some of their anthropologists or someone like that. Mergle told us that the Royal Four; that's what Zan and his three friends are called, sir...had been hidden away on another planet, so that they could grow up safely and then return to fight Khivar and save their people. General, do you remember what Liz Parker told us about her alien-friend...Max? He was sent to Earth, to hide from his enemies and grow up in safety until he was ready to return to his people and save them. And I think that Max wasn't the only alien that Liz knew; I think that there must have been others with him." Sam said excitedly.

"You think Max had three other friends like himself, Captain?" The General asked, seeing where her mind was going.

"Yes, sir; and I think that Max and Zan are the same person!" Sam finished.

"Oh for crying out loud!" Jack exclaimed, but no one paid any attention to him.

"I must admit that there are quite a few similarities between Max and King Zan's stories, but how can you be sure that these two men are the same person? And what makes you think that there were other aliens here with Max, besides that Nascedo-fellow?" Hammond asked.

"Liz was totally protective of Max, sir. I mean she wouldn't even tell us his real name. But she had to tell us about him to explain how she got her own powers; there was no need for her to include the others in her explanation because they were not the ones who made her develop her powers. They were all her friends and Liz wanted to protect them, even from us." Sam said.

"Another point in my argument is how could two aliens, one human girl with iffy-developing powers and one human boy with no powers, fight a whole bunch of enemy aliens...and survive, sir? Liz mentioned that they tried many times to kill or capture 'them'." Sam wiggled two fingers on each side of her face, to put quotes around the word. "Not only survive, but Liz also said that Max defeated his enemies after Nascedo had been killed...all on his lonesome?" Sam made it a question.

"Good point, Captain." General Hammond agreed.

"I have one more to make, sir." Sam said. "Liz said that when Max healed her, he left behind a silver handprint."

"Yes, Captain." Hammond agreed.

Sam did not say anything; she only pulled back her shirt collar and showed the skin beneath.

"Captain Carter! What is that?" General Hammond asked pointing at the shiny color of her skin. Sam pulled her collar away some more.

"It's the silver handprint that Zan left behind, after he healed me, sir." Sam said.

The General's stiff posture just gave out and he slumped back against his leather chair in shock.

"King Zan assured me that the handprint would disappear in a few days...just like Liz said hers did, sir." Sam added.

"Alright, Captain...you've almost convinced me. If Max and Zan are the same man...what are you going to do with that information?" The General asked, after a few silent moments. Sam looked uncertain.

"Uh, well, sir...I guess we could...bring the two of them together and see what happens. We wouldn't say anything to either of them, so if I'm wrong and King Zan isn't Max, there would be no harm done." Sam suggested.

"Well that's the first thing you've said that I agree with, Carter." Jack put in. The General frowned at Jack.

"How do you propose we set up this meeting, Captain?" Hammond asked.

"Well, sir; it could be as easy as having Liz travel through the Stargate to Antar when we have our exchange of scientists." Sam suggested.

"Or, we could invite King Zan here for a celebration; one that all of our people would attend, including Liz Parker." Daniel piped up.

"All right...those are both good suggestions, Captain Carter, Dr. Jackson, but before we start playing matchmaker, perhaps you need to consider what will happen if this goes badly; if Dr. Parker doesn't want to be reunited with this man; where will our negotiations be then?"

"But General, Liz was so protective of Max when she told us her story." Sam argued. "I don't think she's moved on, sir."

"What if Max/Zan has?" O'Neill put in. "What if he doesn't want to renew his relationship with the 'little Earth-girl'?" Everyone was silent for a few minutes.

"These are all points we will need to consider before we can move forward with any plan." General Hammond said. "Now, is there any other business, points of view, or questions?" No one said anything. "Then you are all dismissed."

Everyone arose from their seats.

"What must we do now, Dan'yel?" Sha're asked her husband quietly, her hand still holding tightly to his larger, warm one.

Daniel looked down at her and saw that she was exhausted and overwhelmed.

"General, may I take my wife home?" Daniel asked, not lifting his gaze from that of Sha're's. He did not think that there would be a problem with her leaving the base, but Daniel though it best to ask.

"Of course, Dr. Jackson. Go home and get some...rest." Hammond winked at Daniel. "SG-1 is on stand-down for the next five days."

"Thank you, sir." Daniel replied, looking up with a smile.

He had missed the wink, but had heard the hesitation before the General had said 'rest'. Daniel looked back down to Sha're.

"All we need to do now is pick up the pack of clothes that Princess Valondra gave you and then I'll take you to my...our home. I know that all of this is overwhelming for you. I'll introduce you to the luxury of bubble-baths, feed you some dinner and then tuck you into bed, so that you can get a good night's rest." Daniel said and Sha're nodded gratefully.

Daniel put his arm around Sha're's delicate shoulders and her arm gripped him around his lean waist as they walked out of the conference room. The rest of SG-1 and the General watched them go, before they too left the room. General Hammond; to return to his office, Teal'c; to his on-base quarters and Sam and Jack; to collect a few of their own things before going to their own homes as well.

Part 12

Sha're was quiet as Daniel drove them both to his apartment, but her head kept swiveling from side to side and back to front; looking out the car's windows as scenery rushed by. Daniel had switched languages so that they were both speaking Abydonian, Sha're's native tongue; trying to put her at ease.

When they reached the apartment, Daniel showed her inside; as the door was closed, Sha're found her voice and started rattling off questions until Daniel had to waive his hands in the air to get her to stop, so he could answer some of them. While he covered the forest covered mountains of Colorado, how elevators worked, the underground facility which was the SGC and road-kill; especially skunks, Daniel noticed that even though Sha're was wearing a long skirt, long sleeved blouse and a wooly sweater, her arms were wrapped around her middle. He turned up the thermostat and drew Sha're through his bedroom and into the bathroom where he turned the water on in the tub.

"Sha're, you're cold, why don't I draw you a nice hot bubble-bath that you can sink into and get all nice and warm and then I'll go fix us some dinner, how does that sound?" Daniel asked while he gently rubbed his hands up and down her arms, to warm her.

"To feel warm would be wonderful; my Dan'yel...but what is a...bubble-bath?" Sha're asked.

"Um...it's this tub filled with hot water and some bubble-bath poured into it...that makes lots of...um...bubbles." Daniel tried to explain.

Then his eyes opened wide when he realized that he didn't have any bubble-bath; why would he? After all, he'd never brought a woman home with him...well except for Sam, for a movie-night, but that didn't count...Sam was...Sam; she was like a sister to him and she was not the bubble-bath-type...at least he did not think she was. Whatever...how was he going to create a bubble-bath for Sha're? The water had grown hot and Daniel put the plug into the drain so that it would start to fill the tub.

"I'll be right back...why don't you get undressed and put this robe on until the tub fills up, alright?" Daniel instructed.

"All right, Dan'yel." Sha're agreed, immediately starting to unbutton her sweater.

Daniel made a hasty retreat; closing the bathroom door behind him.

'Get a grip, Jackson.' Daniel told himself sternly, but silently. 'Tonight is not about making love with your long-lost, beautiful...sensual...sexy wife. Cut that out! You just got her back after being apart for two years...this is a totally alien world to her; she's hungry, exhausted and completely overwhelmed. The last thing she needs is you drooling all over her right now! Be thoughtful, be gentle and do Not think about her all naked and wet in that bathtub! Bathtub...bubble-bath...what can I use for a bubble-bath?'

Daniel ran into the kitchen and looked around; he checked under the sink; at all of his cleaning supplies and his gazed zeroed in on the dish detergent.

'The commercials say that this stuff leaves your hands silky-soft.' Daniel thought as he unscrewed the squeeze-top off and smelled the liquid. 'Nice...the label calls it Spring-Scent and it always make a lot of bubbles for when I wash the dishes...I guess this will have to do.'

Daniel hurried back to the bathroom and knocked on the door.

"Sha're, do you have the robe on?" He called.

"Yes, Dan'yel." Sha're called back.

Daniel opened the door to see that actually, Sha're was only just drawing the robe up her bare back. He watched as the blue terrycloth slid from her slender waist, up along her straight spine to her shoulders and then she pulled the robe around her and tied the belt in front. Sha're turned and saw her handsome husband staring at her and a satisfied expression came over her expression. Daniel cleared his throat and held up the detergent bottle.

"Bubble-bath." He said and then stepped over to the bathtub and poured a whole bunch into the hot water. Bubbles started to multiply and spread across the water's surface. Sha're gasped in delight and Daniel chuckled and dipped his hand into the water; just right, hot but not too hot. He drew his hand through the thick bubbles and picked some up in his hand.

"See; bubbles." Daniel showed Sha're and then he blew on them and many of the bubbles floated up into the air.

"Oh Dan'yel, they are so beautiful!" Sha're put out a finger to touch one and it burst. "Dan'yel!" She cried out, afraid that she had done something wrong; breaking such a beautiful thing.

"It's alright, Sha're; it was just a bubble, no harm done. They are beautiful but they never last for long, but..." He scooped up some more in his hand. "You can always make more!" He showed her.

Sha're dipped her hand into the foam and brought up a handful which she blew at and then watched as the bubbles floated through the air, her eyes huge with wonder.

"Sha're, the tub is almost full; why don't you get in and soak and...uh...wash...get warm." Daniel went to a cupboard. "Here's a wash-cloth and a couple of towels to dry off with. The bar of soap there is what you can use to...um...get clean. I'll go get some soup warming up and some coffee brewing and then I'll come back to see how you're doing, all right?"

"All right, Dan'yel." Sha're said and then with a teasing smile she quickly untied the belt and shed her robe. Daniel started to back towards the door, but could not help running his eyes up and down the gorgeous body of his wife. Then he gave himself a mental slap and quickly left the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

Sha're got into the tub and sunk down, feeling a little confused. Did not Daniel want her anymore? Was it because she had been with Apophis? Or was it because he was trying to be noble? Sha're remembered back to when she had first met Daniel...when she had been Given to him by her father. Daniel had refused to take her then too, as she had been taught to expect of her future-husband. Instead, he had worked to learn her language and the ways of her people. It was only later that Sha're had explained to him that her people believed them to be married. When Daniel had realized that Sha're thought herself rejected by her own husband, he finally professed his love and...need...for her and they had consummated their love...and need...that night.

'If my Dan'yel is trying to be noble again...thinks me too overwhelmed by all of this, I will just have to set him straight!' She thought, as she washed herself and soaked to her heart's content. 'Doesn't the fool understand that in all of this strangeness, he is the one person I know, the one thing I understand and need?'

A short time later, Daniel knocked on the door and then peeked inside.

"How are you doing? Is the water still hot?" Daniel slowly side-stepped his way closer to the tub.

"The water feels wonderful, my Dan'yel." Sha're said. "But I will need help washing my hair...will you help me please...as you used to, on Abydos?"

"Um, sure." Daniel said, coming over to kneel beside the tub. "Would you hand me that bottle? That's shampoo; it's what you use to wash your hair." He explained. "It's gentler to your hair than bar soap."

"I see. Don't you think that you should take your shirt off, so that it does not get wet, my husband?" Sha're suggested meekly.

Daniel groaned, but pulled the black T-shirt over his head and Sha're looked her fill from under lowered eye-lashes. Daniel guided Sha're's head back, until her hair was mostly under water. Then he had her sit back up. He poured some shampoo into the palm of his hand and started to massage it into Sha're's gorgeous long, curly hair. As he lathered, rinsed and repeated the steps, Daniel manfully tried to ignore the fact that his lovely wife was completely naked under the disappearing bubbles.

He kept 'Begentle,bekind,begentle,bethoughtful,bekind.' Running through his mind like a mantra and concentrated on breathing slowly and deeply in hopes of calming his hormones down some. The bubbles were rapidly disappearing and he quickly stood up, turned away and picked up a towel.

"Time to get out of the water, before it turns cold, Love. Here, why don't you dry off with this, while I go find you something to wear?" Daniel suggested.

"Princess Valondra gave me a nightgown." Sha're said, a little disappointed that Daniel did not dry her himself...as he used to.

"Okay, I'll be right back." Daniel said, disappearing through the door again.

When he came back with the sleeveless silky-soft gown, with a plunging neckline, Sha're was out of the tub, dried off, had a towel wrapped around her and was looking demurely at her feet. Daniel came to stand behind her and helped to drape the gown over her head and let it fall down the length of her body. At some point, the towel slipped and fell to the floor. Daniel settled the wide silk straps over Sha're's shoulders and glanced up at her reflection in the mirror. He stared for a moment and then made himself reach for his robe and a second towel. For her part, Sha're noticed that Daniel had put on a new black T-shirt, which outlined all the muscles in his chest and arms.

"Let's wrap you up so you stay warm." Daniel said helping her on with the robe. "Here, let me dry your hair a little." Daniel all but threw the towel over Sha're's head and started drying her hair with it. When he was through and pulled the towel away, Sha're's hair was a mess; sticking out every which way.

"Dan'yel, look what you've done to my hair!" Sha're cried.

"Don't worry, it'll comb out." Daniel assured her as he pulled a hairdryer out of a drawer.

"What's that?" Sha're asked.

"It's a hairdryer." Daniel explained and turned the device on.

Sha're winced at the loud noise it made, but then groaned when she felt the hot air blowing over her cold hair and scalp. Daniel had found a brush in Sha're's small pack of clothes and after her hair was mostly dried, he started to gently brush out her curls. This was one of Daniel's favorite things to do, brushing Sha're's hair and running his fingers through it. He remembered too late that it was also one of the most sensual things to do. He swallowed hard again.

"There you go; as gorgeous as ever!" Daniel put the brush down and caught Sha're's gaze in the mirror.

"Thank you, my Dan'yel." Sha're said softly, shyly. Daniel bit back a groan.

"Hey are you hungry? Let's go get something to eat and then pop you into bed so you can get some rest." Daniel said briskly.

He took her hand and drew her out to the livingroom. Daniel had lit some candles, which he had placed around the room and on the dining table. The smell of hot soup, warm bread and freshly brewed coffee scented the air. Daniel pulled out a chair for Sha're and went into the kitchen to get their food. He came back moments later with large bowls of thick lentil soup, a basket of heat-and-serve-rolls, some butter and jelly and two cups of coffee. He placed everything on the table, serving Sha're her soup first and then sat down across from her. When he looked up and saw her sitting across from him, at his table, in his apartment, he couldn't believe his good fortune.

"Sha're, you can have no idea how happy I am to finally have you back, safe and sound and sitting across my table from me, eating soup!" Daniel exclaimed in his gentle voice, his hand reaching across to grasp hers.

"I am very happy as well to finally be with you again, my Dan'yel!" Sha're smiled back at him and squeezed his hand with her own.

They enjoyed their dinner together; Sha're continuing her questions about Daniel's world. The apartment felt warmer to her now and hot food was helping to keep her warm on the inside. She had lived her entire life in a desert environment and she had not been aware of hot and cold while the demon, Amonette had control of her; she was not used to the cooler climate here in Colorado. After a while though, she started to feel cold again and admitted to herself that she was feeling tired. Daniel noticed as soon as she started to hunch over so that she could press her cold hands between her knees.

"You're cold, Sha're? And you look pretty tired too. Let's get you tucked into bed and you'll get warm in no time." Daniel said.

He helped her up from the table and drew her into his bedroom. Daniel pulled back his green, blue and rust-colored comforter and the sheet back and had Sha're sit down on the side of the bed while he searched through his dresser for socks to keep her feet warm. Sha're pressed her hand against the firm mattress. It felt so different from the fur pallets on which she had slept on Abydos.

"Here, these will keep your feet warm." Daniel came back and knelt before her so he could help her pull them on. "Now, shed the robe and burrow under the comforter. I'll go brew you some nice hot tea; once you drink that you'll be warm on the inside and the comforter will keep you that way."

Sha're did not say anything before Daniel left the room again. Outside, while the water boiled and the tea steeped, Daniel quickly cleaned up the bathroom and the dinner dishes. When he came back with a mug of fragrant tea, Sha're knew what she wanted to say to him.

"My husband, aren't you going to join me in our bed?" Sha're poured on the marital guilt and Daniel stood there blushing.

"Um, I was going to sleep on the couch tonight...Sha're I know that you're tired and overwhelmed, I wanted to...give you some space; some time to adjust." Daniel explained.

"And deny me the comfort of your presence." Sha're countered. "Dan'yel...yes this world of yours is strange...you and your warm arms are the only things here that I do know, understand and...need. Please, my husband, I do not need...space and I have spent more than enough time away from you."

Sha're lifted her arm out from beneath the warm comforter, beckoning him to her. With those words and that gesture, Daniel's noble ideals flew out the window. He shed his shoes, pants and socks and got into bed wearing only his T-shirt and boxers.

"How did I ever think that I was going to be comfortable...or get any sleep out on that sofa...with you in here in my bed?" Daniel asked as he drew Sha're into his arms, her chin resting on his shoulder and tucked in under his chin.

"You are sometimes rather stupid as well as stubborn, my husband. But I see that those little-boy qualities you had, which I love so much about you, have not changed." Sha're said sweetly with a twinkle in her eyes.

"You...little...scamp!" Daniel exclaimed grinning. "Talk about nothing changing...it's like the last two years never happened as far as your personality goes! And you know what that means..." Daniel warned a second before he started to tickle Sha're.

"No, no, Dan'yel...DAN'YEL Stop tickling me!" Sha're cried out as she tried to tickle him back.

The two of them wiggled back and forth so much that the sheets became untucked from the bed. They had also tried hitting each other with the pillows, but both had ended up on the floor. Daniel got a good hold on Sha're and was tickling away when he overbalanced backwards and fell out of the bed. Sha're's legs were tangled up in the sheets and comforter and she and the bedding were pulled off of the bed as well!

Sha're took the opportunity to straddle Daniel's hips and catch his wrists, pushing them up, to rest on each side of his head. In truth, Sha're knew that she could only get away with this because her big, strong, sexy husband allowed it. If he wanted her on her back, it would have been no trouble at all for him to flip her over, she knew.

As soon as Daniel realized the position he was in, he stilled as did his gorgeous wife above him. Only their chests moved as they gasped for air. The silliness left them and they saw in each other the passion which was building up within themselves. Sha're bent down, putting her weight on her hands, which still held his captive and touched her lips to Daniel's brow, then his strong jaw and his nose. Her lips closed each eyelid as they caressed each one and finally she found his lips with her own and leaned in more for a deep, passionate kiss.

Sha're did not allow the kiss to linger for long before she backed away and sat up straight, releasing Daniel's hands. He left them on each side of his head though, as he watched her raise her hands up to the wide straps of her nightgown...and pushed them off of her shoulders. The gown was so low-cut that once it was no longer supported by the straps, it ever so slowly slid down her torso to her waist.

"Oh my love...you are...so beautiful!" Daniel murmured in wonder.

"Oh Dan'yel..." Sha're whispered.

Sha're leaned in to kiss Daniel again and that was the last rational thought either of them had before their passion took over....

Back on Antar; as soon as SG-1 and Sha're stepped through the Stargate, Isabel Evans aka Princess Valondra, turned to her brother, Max, aka King Zan.

"Zan, can the four of us talk?" Valondra asked and her brother sighed.

"Yeah, sure." Zan agreed; he knew what his sister and his other two friends would want to talk about.

The four of them walked out of the Ring-Chamber and got into a hover-craft, which took them down the hill and up to the front walk of their home. Zan thanked the driver and then walked inside, behind his family. Ava brought some drinks into the living room and they all sat down.

"What did you want to talk about, Valondra?" Zan asked his sister.

"Hmph, as if you don't know!" Valondra exclaimed, but when Zan only lifted one eyebrow, she calmed down and explained. "Do you think that Colonel O'Neill and his superiors will allow us to travel through the Ring, to Earth and...then allow us to go searching for Alex, Liz, Maria and Kyle?"

"We tried to find them two years ago, after the treaty was signed. Brody searched Roswell for three days and couldn't find any of them. Even our parents, the Parkers, Jim Valenti, Amy DeLuca or Mr. Whitman were nowhere to be found!" Zan reminded them.

It would have taken any space-craft, which had survived the war, months or even years to travel from Antar to Earth. Instead the friends had used another technique known to their people. By combining the psychic energies of dozens of volunteers, Zan had been able to send his consciousness across space to temporarily and safely take over the mind of a former friend of his on Earth; Brody Davis. Brody had been used this way before, by Chancellor Larek, when the planetary leader had needed to contact Zan/Max Evens on Earth. Brody never remembered what had happened to him after these episodes and in thanks for the use of his body; Larek had cured him of his terminal bone cancer.

"As we fought the war and negotiated the treaty, we were all counting the days until we could contact Liz and the others; to tell them that we were alright." Zan reminded them. "Six years had gone by and we finally defeated Khivar and Kathanna. Another year and the treaty was signed. We thought...seven years isn't that long; for us looking back, they had flown by. But when Brody couldn't find anyone at home, he checked out the newspapers and found out that not seven, but nine years had gone by on Earth! We knew that our days here on Antar are thirty hours long, rather than the twenty-four they are on Earth, but we never thought about what those extra six hours a day added up to over the months and the years. Nine years was too long to believe that nothing had changed back home." Zan said.

"And now it's been eleven Earth-years." Rath said, depressed.

Zan had been devastated when he was unable to find Liz or any of his friends and family. Along with being totally exhausted, Zan had slipped into a depression, which had taken months and the urgent need of his people, to overcome. All of the volunteers, who had lent their energies, had been physically wiped out for days as well. After that unsuccessful attempt, the need to rebuild their world took precedence and a second try was out of the question. Even now, Zan was so afraid of failure that he did not want to discuss it, but he knew that his sister would not allow him to hide behind his fear, now that another chance to make contact had been placed before them.

"Yeah, but we Have To Try!" Valondra cried out. "Even if to just find out that They are okay! We have to at least ask the SGC, Zan." And Ava nodded with large eyes.

"We're so close to a real chance at contacting Kyle and the others to stop now." Ava said, hopefully.

"If not right away, maybe after our people start working together, they'll let us search for Maria and the others." Rath said, trying to keep his voice dispassionate, but his eyes were sparkling. Zan nodded his agreement.

"Okay, okay' we'll try adding that to the negotiations." He said and with those words, a tiny spark of hope ignited itself inside Zan's aching heart.

Part 13

In the Jackson's bedroom the next morning, Daniel was drawn out of his deep, contented sleep by a noise. Thinking that it was his alarm clock, he reached out blindly and tried to turn it off. When that did not stop the incessant noise, one eye cracked open and he realized that it was the phone ringing, instead. Daniel tried to stretch, to reach the phone, but could not because something soft and warm was laying half on top of him, weighing him down. He glanced over; it was Sha're, her body half lying on top of him, the other half plastered to his side.

'Not a dream; she's really here!' Daniel thought as he gazed down at his beloved wife. But the phone continued to ring. 'Why hasn't the answering machine picked up yet?' Daniel wondered as he finally got hold of the cord and pulled the phone towards him.

"H'lo?" He mumbled, still half asleep.

"Is this the Jackson Honeymoon Suite?" A sarcastic voice asked.

"What? Who is...Jack?" Daniel asked. "What time is it?"

"For crying out loud, Danny; it's one o'clock in the afternoon!" Jack exclaimed.

"What? Afternoon? I guess I should be grateful that you aren't here, knocking on my door, then." Daniel said.

"I was going to, but Carter said that she would risk a court-martial and kill me if I did that...But I would have if your phone had wrung two more times, Danny." Jack said.

"Oh, sorry Jack...we didn't get to...sleep until a little while ago." Daniel said.

"Ohhh? And pray-tell what were you two kids up to 'til all hours, Daniel?" Jack asked.

"JACK!" Daniel exclaimed.

He heard Sam's voice on the other end of the phone, berating her commanding officer. There was a scuffling sound and then Sam came on the line. Daniel was embarrassed because what Jack was implying, with his smug question, was actually what he and Sha're had been up to. After their first rush of mind-numbing passion, they had spent most of the night slowly and gently reacquainting themselves with each other's bodies, after their two year separation.

"Hi, Daniel." Sam came on the line. "I kept the Colonel from driving over to your place, but I really thought that it would be safe to call you at this time of day. Sorry that we woke you."

"That's okay, Sam." Daniel said. "What's up?"

"Liz Parker called this morning about scheduling a welcome-home party for Sha're. She suggested tonight or tomorrow. I told Liz that tonight would probably be too soon. What do you think?" Sam asked.

"Um, yeah...today would be too soon. I was hoping to spend the day with Sha're, just showing her around and letting us get caught up with each other."

"I know that Princess Valondra gave Sha're some of her clothes to wear and bring home, but Liz also suggested that she and I take Sha're shopping." Sam said.

"Oh yeah...clothes...Sha're will need more of all that stuff, won't she? It would be great if you and Liz would be willing to take her shopping...although I guess I could, but I don't know anything about what you modern women need these days."

"That's what we thought." Sam agreed smiling.

"Uh...Sam, did you use Valondra's name when you spoke to Liz? What was her reaction?" Daniel asked.

"Actually, I purposely only called her the king's sister or just 'Princess'. I didn't want to take the chance of tipping Liz off...although she may only know the Earth-names, the four of them used while they were here." Sam assured Daniel.

"Good thinking, Sam." Daniel said. "Um, why don't you give us today to get our bearings, then you three ladies can go shopping tomorrow, if Sha're agrees. Then, if Liz and Alex want to, they could throw the party for her on Monday evening, the day after tomorrow." Daniel suggested.

"That sounds like a plan." Sam said. "I'll bounce it off of Liz and get back to you later."

"Great; thanks, Sam." Daniel said, before they both hung up the phone.

Daniel curled back into his wife, drawing her to him some more and lay thinking for a little while, until he drifted off to sleep. When they both woke up, over an hour later, Daniel started the task of teaching Sha're about his world. He was thankful that she was as intelligent as she was beautiful, as Sha're quickly learned about things, such as telephones, microwaves and TVs. The people on Abydos were a desert-people, without any modern technology at all and the Goa'uld devices which she might have used while under Amonette's control were so different that they could give no helpful references to Earth's tools of daily living.

The next day, Liz and Sam came to pick up Sha're, to take her shopping. When they realized that she did not yet have an identity in this world; General Hammond was working on getting her identity set up, and therefore could not use Daniel's credit card, Liz and Sam both agreed to use theirs and submit a bill to Daniel afterwards. Daniel almost winced when he thought about what the grand total would be.

Sam and Liz took their new friend to some carefully chosen shops; small and relatively quiet on a Sunday afternoon, so as not to overwhelm Sha're on her first day out. They bought her everything she would need from the inside out; casual, dressy, comfortable and sexy. As she searched through the racks, Sha're was thrilled by all of the different types of cloth and the range of colors that the clothes were made of; from silk to denim, basic-blacks and warm earth-tones, to vibrant reds and yellows.

Next, the three ladies took a break at a nearby patisserie and then tackled buying shoes and getting Sha're a make-over, keeping her look natural; she needed very little since her skin was flawless, her eyes were huge and her face was already lovely. But Sha're oohed and ahhed over the many colors of nail polish, eye shadow and lipstick, which were on display in the boutique. When they dragged themselves back to the Jackson's apartment, all three women were loaded down with bags. Daniel brewed coffee and brought it into the living room where the three friends had flopped themselves in chairs or onto the sofa.

"You tired, sweetheart?" Daniel asked, handing a mug of coffee to her and she nodded with a faint smile. "Here, just lean your head back; drink your coffee and rest." He said.

Then he sat down on an ottoman in front of her chair and removed her shoes and socks. Sha're let out a moan of pleasure as Daniel began to massage her feet for her. Sam and Liz glanced at each other.

"Uh...maybe we'd better be going." Sam said.

"It was great spending the day with you, Sha're." Liz said.

"'Bye." They both said to the unnoticing couple who had moved closer and were now kissing, as they let themselves out.

The next night found many of their friends slipping back and forth between Liz and Alex's apartments. Luckily for them, Liz lived across the hall from her life-long friend. Liz had the buffet set up in her home and Alex had the bar in his, plus they needed the seating offered by both apartments to accommodate all of their friends. Sha're enjoyed meeting all of these kind people her husband and his friends worked with, even though she feared that she would never remember all of their names.

One of the things she loved about Daniel's, Liz's and Alex's apartments were the shelves filled with books. And Daniel had told there that there were large places called libraries, which had thousands of books, which she would be able to borrow! As slaves of the Goa'uld named Ra; before SG-1 had come to Abydos and killed him, her people had been forbidden to teach their children, or themselves, how to read. Sha're's father, Kasuf had taken the chance of being discovered and taught his children how to read anyway. And thus, Sha're had been able to teach Daniel how to read the Goa'uld hieroglyphics, which were similar but different to those of the Egyptians. As she stood in Liz's apartment, she was in awe of all of the books these three friends owned...the wealth of knowledge they held between their pages...And she could hardly wait to read them all!

So, during a lull in the party, while Daniel had left her to go get them some more food from the buffet, Sha're wandered over to Liz's bookshelves and started reading the spines of the books. Liz also had some interesting mementoes on her shelves and Sha're froze when she saw one picture, which Daniel called a phot-o-graph, in particular. Four people who looked just like King Zan, Princess Valondra, Lord Rath and Lady Ava, were in this photograph, along with Liz, Alex and two others she did not recognize.

"Here, honey; I picked up some more of those fried-cheese-sticks that you like." Daniel came up beside Sha're.

"Thank you, Dan'yel." Sha're took the plate and picked up one of the cheese-sticks, but used it to point to the picture. "How is it that Liz has this picture?"

"What do you...mean?" Daniel asked, but he froze when he took a good look at the photograph.

"This is a picture of my saviors from Antar, is it not? But they look so much younger than they do now." Sha're said.

"Oh...man! You are right, Sha're...that IS a photo of King Zan and Liz, Princess Valondra and Alex, Rath and Ava. But I don't know who the other two people are or why they're wearing those costumes." Daniel said.

"Daniel, did you have to take all of the cheese-sticks which were left?" Janet Fraser came up with one fist placed on her hip and an empty plate in her other hand. "Oh, I see..." She said, understanding; as she watched Sha're eat one of the breaded and fried mozzarella sticks. "You know, Sha're, as your physician, I have to warn you...eating so much fried cheese isn't good for you." Janet said, as she snuck a stick off of the other woman's plate and took a bite.

"Is this correct, my Dan'yel?" Sha're asked looking down at her plate.

"Well, yes, but only if you eat things like that all of the time. Every once in a while is okay; right Doc? Moderation is the key." Daniel reassured his wife. "Besides, why would the good doctor be sneaking a second fried cheese-stick for herself if they were so unhealthy?"

"Okay, I'm sorry, Sha're. Mostly, I was just teasing you...so I could mooch off of your plate! Daniel is correct, moderation is the key. You will have a lot of food choices here on Earth, but I can teach you what you need to know about healthy eating and then perhaps you can watch out for what Daniel eats." Janet said with a smug smile.

"Yes, thank you; I want to make sure that my Dan'yel stays healthy." Sha're said smiling up at her husband with determination in her eyes.

"Gee, thanks, Doc." Daniel mumbled and Janet chuckled.

"So, Sha're, were you checking out Liz's library?" Janet asked, changing the subject.

"Oh yes! I hope Liz will allow me to borrow from her collection." Sha're said and then briefly glanced up at Daniel before continuing. "But then I saw this picture of Liz, Alex and some other people and I was asking Daniel about the strange costumes Liz and the blond-girl are wearing. Are those...outfits worn for special celebrations here on Earth? After all, Liz is wearing a head-dress..." Sha're asked confused.

Janet burst into laughter; Sha're's assumption of why Liz and Maria were dressed up, tickled her funny-bone. Janet saw that Daniel was trying hard not to laugh as well.

"I'm sorry, Sha're, I didn't mean to laugh at you! Those costumes are funny-looking aren't they? But actually, Liz told me that they were the uniform she had to wear when she waitressed in her parents' caf. The other people in the picture are good friends of hers. That dark-haired hunk, holding her was her boyfriend, Max." Janet explained.

Sha're and Daniel exchanged another significant glance and Daniel's eyes grew huge as he realized the importance of the boy's name...Max!

"What is 'waitressing' and what is a 'caf'?" Sha're asked.

"Those are Uniforms they Had to wear?" Daniel asked right after Sha're, but then he answered her question himself. "Oh, uh, a caf is a place where people can go to eat outside of their own homes. Such places can also be called restaurants, but cafes are usually small and casual. In a caf or restaurant you sit at a table and a waitress, like Liz, will serve you your food, which a person called a cook has prepared for you." Sha're nodded and then glanced over to Janet.

"Yes, they had to wear those uniforms!" Janet chuckled again. "Liz grew up in Roswell and her parents owned that caf and needless to say, it had an alien-theme to it." Daniel nodded in understanding but Sha're still looked confused, so Janet tried to explain. "Roswell, New Mexico is a small desert town which is famous for a supposed UFO crash back in the 1940s...a UFO is an unidentified-flying-object...a space-ship from another planet. This UFO crash outside of Roswell was 'officially' explained away as being a weather-balloon, but there has always been a lot of controversy about a government cover-up of the truth...and Roswell has used that notoriety to become a famous tourist town. Everything is alien-themed."

"Ah, I see..." Sha're nodded and smiled. "But since the Royal Four were in Roswell, the story is true, yes?" As soon as the words left her mouth, Sha're slapped her hand over her lips and looked up at Daniel; her huge eyes stricken with shame at revealing something secret.

"It's...okay...Sha're, just make sure that you don't say that in front of Liz or Alex, all right?" Daniel said and Sha're nodded.

"What's going on, guys?" Janet asked, looking from one to the other.

"Uh...Janet...I think we'd better go somewhere private before we discuss this. Will you go find Jack and Teal'c; Sha're, will you go and find Sam and ...casually...ask them to come to our apartment? I'll take this..." Daniel took down the photograph..."and go open up our front door." Sha're nodded.

"Uh, okay, Daniel." Janet said still uncertain.

Daniel held his arm down by his side, the picture held in his hand and no one noticed it as he casually made his way through the crowd and out into the hall. He walked to his own front door; saw no one around...and slipped inside. A few moments later, Sha're and Sam slipped inside and then Janet, Teal'c and Jack came a minute later.

"What's going on, Daniel?" Jack asked warily. "Janet said that there was something you needed to show us?"

"Yeah and we can't stay here long or we'll all be missed from the party, but this is what you all need to see." Daniel said and held up the photo in front of him. Everyone crowded around to look at it.

"Oh...man! That's Zan, Valondra, Rath and Ava...with Liz and Alex!" Sam exclaimed.

"What is going on here?" Janet asked. "What are these names you're using? These are Liz's friends, Max Evans, his sister, Isabel, Michael G-something, uh...and Tess, Maria, Kyle and of course Liz and Alex. They were all really good friends back when they were in high school, but right after their graduation, the four...uh, Max, Isabel, Michael and Tess disappeared. Liz is still very upset about it; she never heard from them after that."

"Max?" Jack raised his eyebrows. "His name really was Max? Liz made us believe that, that was just an alias she made up to protect him."

"Guys..." Janet piped up again.

"Okay, let's all take a seat and put all of our cards on the table." Daniel suggested and everyone sat down; a very confused Sha're close beside her husband.

"Okay, Janet, you say that all of these people were good friends of Liz and Alex as they grew up in Roswell, right?" Sam asked and Janet nodded. Sam looked to her CO and received a nod of permission to continue. "But the day before yesterday, when we went to P3X-777...we met these four." Sam pointed them out in the photo. "It was the same four; I'm sure of it, only older and not as innocent. They are the 'Royal-Four'; the rulers of '777...the planet, Antar."

"But surely that's just a coincidence." Janet argued.

"I don't know, Janet; the pieces all fit. Liz says that her friends disappeared eleven years ago; that's when the Royal-Four, as they're called, returned to Antar, to help stop a civil war which had been blazing for over fifty years...sound familiar?...the 1947 crash?" Sam prompted.

"Oh come on now!" Janet exclaimed and the others glanced at each other.

"Uh, Janet, there's something you need to know about Liz and her friend, Max." Jack said.

They all took turns bringing Janet into the picture with a promise from her that she would keep everything she heard a secret from everyone else at the SGC. They explained what really happened during that fateful mission to P3X-599, where they had been attacked by Jaffa; including how Liz had saved them in the end...with her powers. They told Janet what Liz had told them during the debriefing; about how she had received those powers of hers. Sam told her what little Liz had passed on about her friends; Maria, Kyle and Jim Valenti. And finally, they briefly told Janet what they had learned during their mission to Antar; especially how King Zan had healed Sam, leaving behind the silver handprint...just as he had left one on Liz, after he had healed her of her gun-shot wound.

"I...can hardly...take all of this...in." Janet said, stunned.

"You and me both." Jack agreed.

"So...uh...you guys want to...bring the eight of them together because you think that they're all still in love with each other?" Janet asked, skeptically.

"Yes!" Sam exclaimed, excitedly.

"Well, we're not so sure about That!" Jack said emphatically, at the same time.

"We really only have an idea about how Liz feels." Daniel said. "We really don't know what any of the others feel, after all of this time."

"But Dan'yel, why would Princess Valondra and the others each have the same picture on display in their bedrooms?" Sha're piped up to ask innocently.

"WHAT?" Jack exclaimed loudly. "You knew that those guys had pictures of Liz and Alex in their bedrooms, on Antar and this is the first time you've thought to mention it?" Sha're shrunk back. "Didn't you recognize Drs. Parker and Whitman from those pictures when you first met them at the SGC?"

"Jack!" Daniel exclaimed, glaring at his friend.

"I am sorry, Colonel O'Neill." Sha're said quietly. "But when I saw those pictures in my hosts' home on Antar, I did not understand what they were. I had no idea that they had been 'Taken' of real live people, as Dan'yel has explained to me. And only now, have I put the two things together; the real people here and photographs of those people on another planet. I only saw Princess Valondra's up close once, when she was helping me choose something to wear from her closet. There was also another, smaller...phot-o-graph...of just Alex on her nightstand. In their house, they leave the doors open, to let light and air flow from one room to another. As I passed each bedroom...I...glanced in and looked around a little...Only from the doorway, though!" Sha're promised. "Each of them had that picture somewhere in their room and also a smaller picture of their...love."

"Oh man!" Daniel exclaimed, grinning. "This makes everything so much clearer! It was never just Max and Liz and that guy, Nascedo...and maybe Alex; it was all of them. The Royal Four were all sent to Earth for safe-keeping. They grew up in Roswell; the alien capital of the world, for Pete's sake. They grew up; Max saved Liz and soon after that their best friends found out the truth too...that the Roswell-aliens were real and living among them! They fell in love and somehow fought off Max's alien enemies. But then...disaster struck. The Royal Four were begged to return to Antar...and they did...leaving four humans behind...In Liz and Alex's case, at least, to just go through the motions of living; they haven't moved on, not really."

"Oh for crying out loud!" Jack exclaimed. "Daniel..."

"DoctorJackson's theory sound most plausible, O'Neill." Teal'c broke in.

"I think so too, sir." Sam said.

"Me too...sir." Janet added.

"Oooh so do you think we can really bring them all back together, as they brought Dan'yel and I together again?" Sha're asked, hopefully.

"Well, I don't know about doing that..." Jack said oppressively.

"We could work something out." Sam and Janet said at the same time, grinning.

"We Cannot tell these Maria and Kyle...people about the Stargate!" Jack countered.

"We wouldn't have to, sir. We'd just throw a party...at your house...and invite them to come. We invite the Royal Four, Alex and Liz and...see what happens!" Sam said.

"And how would be get the Antarians to my house...wait a minute...MY House?" Jack exclaimed.

"You have a great back yard; just right for holding a barbeque, Jack." Daniel said.

"And the President would allow this, why?" Jack asked.

"I've read that the President is reported to be something of a romantic, sir. Surely if we explain things to him...After all, Max and the others lived on Earth for years. I'm sure we could trust them long enough to reunite them with their true-loves!"

Jack O'Neill made a sound of disbelief.

"I have observed that you are not a romantic person, O'Neill." Teal'c stated.

"And you are?" Jack asked, sarcastically, but as usual he received only a calm, mater-of-fact reply from the former Jaffa.

"Indeed, O'Neill; a Jaffa's life can be very difficult and dangerous. Therefore, he finds joy in sharing...'romance'...with his mate as often as possible."

"Uh huh." Was all Jack could say.

"You know, I'm wondering about something." Daniel broke in. "We're pretty sure of what Liz, Zan, Valondra, Rath and Ava feel for their...uh...respective loves, but does anyone know what Alex's thoughts or feeling are? I've been in his apartment many times, but I've never seen any pictures of his old friends."

"Neither have I." Jack said and then all three men turned to look at Sam and Janet.

"What're you guys looking at?" Sam asked. "You think Janet or I have seen something you guys haven't...maybe in a room you haven't been in?"

"Like Alex's bedroom?" Janet added.

"Well we haven't!" The two women said emphatically.

"Okay, ladies, we were only thinking that you might have Noticed something that we hadn't." Jack said. "We were in no way implying that either of you had ever stepped inside Alex's bedroom, much less done any snooping around inside there."

"Colonel, of course we haven't!" Sam exclaimed half outraged, half laughing.

"But just because we haven't done it before doesn't mean that we uh...wouldn't do it now...all in the name of helping out our friends, of course!" Janet tried to say straight-faced, but then she broke out in a grin.

"When?" Daniel asked.

"What better time than now?" Janet said, glancing over at Sam, who nodded.

"If we're found in his bedroom we can just say that we wanted to use his restroom." Sam said.

"Hey guys, we'd better get back to the party or we'll be missed." Daniel warned, now that they had a plan.

Everyone got up and slipped out of the apartment and went back to the party. Janet and Sam entered Alex's apartment and casually made their way to his bedroom. The room was dimly lit and it seemed that someone else was actually using the bathroom.

"Good, now we can say that we're just waiting to use the facilities, should anyone ask." Sam said and Janet nodded.

It took them all of two seconds to find what they were looking for, once they started to look around. There on the bedside table were two pictures; the group-picture which everyone else seemed to have a copy of and a smaller photo which must have been taken at Alex's Senior Prom. Valondra had her arms around Alex's neck and he had his around her slim waist. Alex looked sharp in his suit and she looked lovely in a red sheath-dress.

"Well, that answers our question; let's get out of here." Sam said happily and the two friends slipped out of the bedroom, muttering about bathroom-hogs and how they would to try Liz's restroom.

Sam and Janet motioned Daniel and Sha're to follow them as they walked across the hall to Liz's apartment, where Jack and Teal'c were waiting for them. Jack raised his eyebrows in question as the four walked up to him.

"He has two photos on his nightstand, sir." Sam reported quietly.

"Since you seem to be in charge of this, Captain, what do you plan to do next?" Jack asked with light sarcasm.

"I have an idea, sir..." Sam answered. "...but we shouldn't discuss it here. Why don't you all come to my place tomorrow and we can make some plans then?"

Everyone agreed and the group broke up to go and have some fun.

Part 14

The day after Sha're's welcome-party, SG-1, Janet and Sha're gathered at Sam Carter's home to discuss how they could bring the two groups of...friends...together.

"All I'm going to say about this ridiculous idea is that we can Not bring civilians through the Stargate or into the SGC." Jack said emphatically.

"Yes, Colonel, I already figured out that this was not going to be as simple as adding Maria DeLuca and Kyle Valenti to our group of scientists, which would include Liz and Alex, being exchanged with their Antarian counterparts." Sam said.

"So we were discussing bringing...what do you call them, the Royal Four...through the Stargate? What could we tell them, to make them agree to visit us? Especially right now when they have so much clean-up work to do?" Janet asked.

"And how do we request DoctorsWhitman and Parker to invite their two friends here on Earth, to a party which is supposed to remain top-secret?" Teal'c added.

"As far as Maria and Kyle go..." Daniel said thoughtfully. "...I think I can talk Liz and Alex into inviting them up for a weekend. I don't think that they have come to see their friends' new homes, her in Colorado Springs, yet; I'll use that excuse."

"Good idea, Daniel." Sam said but after that there was silence as everyone tried to think of a plausible excuse to give the Royal Four.

"Dan'yel..." Sha're asked hesitantly. "You were telling me about these...celebrations, which your people hold for each other...you called them birthdays and you said that my birthday was coming up soon? I think that King Zan and the others would wish to attend something like that for me...if you explained it to him." Everyone just stared at her for a moment in shock.

Wow, that's a great idea, Sha're!" Sam exclaimed.

"Why didn't I think of that?" Daniel asked.

"That should indeed work, Sha're." Teal'c agreed.

"Great idea, Sha're!" Janet said and then everyone turned to look at Jack, who sighed in disgust.

"And you want to hold this shindig at My house, huh? Oh All Right! For crying out loud! If you can get the President's okay for this...and the General's...I'll go along with it...even though I think it's all going to blow up in our faces." Jack complained.

"Oh you of small beliefs." Teal'c intoned gravely.

"I think you mean 'oh you of little faith', Teal'c." Daniel corrected before they got down to discussing details.

The next day, SG-1 returned to work and headed towards the General's office. Daniel brought Sha're with him; partly because he did not want to leave her alone and partly because he wanted to see if she could help him translate artifacts with Goa'uld writing on them.

As they walked down the halls of the SGC, hand in hand, Daniel was gratified by how many base personnel greeted him and Sha're or offered their congratulations on the return of "Dr. J's" beloved wife.

"You are much loved by all of these people; even the warriors." Sha're said proudly, after yet another group of Marines had stopped to say hello to them and then moved off down the hall.

"Yeah, everyone's been great these last two years. We've gone through a lot together and we're all pretty close." Daniel said modestly.

"I think they like you because you really care about them." Sha're said. "Just by your comments to them, I can tell that you have spent time getting to know them and their families; just as you did back on Abydos...and people can tell how much you care...and they love your for that, my husband." Sha're said proudly as she stroked his cheek with her fingertips. Daniel could only blush in embarrassment and look down at his shoes.

The group entered the General's office and came to stand before his desk.

"You wanted to see us, General?" Jack asked.

"Yes; I just got off the phone with the President." General Hammond said. "Given our urgent need for advanced technology and to show that he has a sense of humor as well as being a romantic; he has given the go-ahead for Operation Match-Maker to proceed. He does want the Royal Four to have a Marine escort for security reasons, but other than that, it's a go, if Dr. Jackson can convince them to come."

"They'll come for Sha're's sake if nothing else." Daniel said confidently.

"I have a question, General." Jack said. "What are we going to tell Ms. DeLuca and Mr. Valenti, after they meet their old friends? "They knew that they were aliens and that they were returning to their planet...what are Zan and the others going to tell them when they are asked how they came back to Earth?"

"I discussed that concern with the President as well, Colonel." General Hammond answered. "He agreed that such persons who already know about King Zan's true...nature and origins should be told the truth about the Stargate...discreetly...and that they should sign an oath of secrecy, as all SGC personnel are required to do. Whether such people will be allowed to ever see the Stargate or know of its location has yet to be determined."

"What about such people who knew them as just high school kids who disappeared eleven years ago?" Jack asked.

"We will cross that bridge if necessary, Colonel." The General answered.

"Yes, sir." Jack said.

"No other questions? Very well then; you're all dismissed." The General said and they all left his office to start their day.

Daniel took Sha're to his office and got her settled in with some artifacts for her to look over, before going to find Liz and carrying out the first part of their plan. He grinned at his good fortune, when he arrived at Liz's office and found Alex in there already.

"Hey, you two." Daniel greeted them.

"Hey, Daniel." Alex replied, grinning.

"Hi, Daniel; how's Sha're?" Liz asked.

"She's doing fine; I left her in my office translating some Goa'uld artifacts. I think she might be of great help to us here and Sha're's thinking about joining us...the only thing is, I'm afraid that she'll insist on redecorating the base; she hates how dark and utilitarian everything is down here!" Daniel chuckled and so did his friends. "I just wanted to thank you for everything you've both done for her lately; you two have been such great friends!" Daniel said sincerely.

"Hey I love to shop!" Liz grinned.

"And the party was fun!" Alex added.

"Yeah it was...it just reminds me how lucky I am to have so many good friends." Daniel said thoughtfully and then paused for a moment before continuing. "Thinking how lucky I am makes me worry about the two of you, a little though."

"What?" Alex asked.

"What do you mean, Daniel?" Liz asked.

"Well...maybe this is none of my business..." Daniel hesitated.

"Go ahead, Daniel." Alex encouraged.

"Well...it's just that Liz told me shortly after she started working here, that the two of you were having some serious difficulties with some of your best friends. You know, the need to keep the SGC secret...and your friends not understanding...and in realizing how lucky I am to have such good friends, I've been worrying about the two of you losing yours...and I know that this really isn't any of my business but...since neither of you has said anything further...uh...to me...I'm hoping that you two are back together with your friends." Daniel said.

"Oh yeah, Daniel; I'm sorry I never came to you, to tell you how that worked out...especially after you gave me such good advice." Liz apologized, feeling bad, but Daniel waved it off.

"Don't worry about it, Liz...I was just concerned...that's all." Daniel said.

"Thanks for that." Liz said. "Yeah, that weekend, Alex and I flew home and visited with our parents; they were worried about us too, especially my parents. But we told them stories about you guys...and a little, tiny bit about our work here and now I think they've accepted our new jobs."

"As to Maria and Kyle..." Alex continued. "...we managed to talk them into meeting with us and we did the same thing we did with our parents; told them embarrassing stories about you guys and what we could about our work and eventually they accepted that it wasn't because we didn't Want to tell them everything, but because we Couldn't tell them..."

"We've e-mailed each other a couple of times and Maria and I call each other almost every week." Liz said.

"Hey that's great! I'm really happy that the SGC didn't break you guys up." Daniel said. "Have they come up to visit? Sha're and I would love to meet your friends the next time they do."

"That would be great, Daniel, but actually we haven't found the time to get together up here, since I moved...between our busy schedules...and everything...I've been meaning to put some pressure on Maria, but...you know..." Liz said.

"I don't want to sound sexist or anything, Liz, but I would have thought that your friend, Maria's feminine curiosity would have compelled her to fly up here and see your new home; how you've decorated it and stuff..." Daniel said.

"Hey, I'll try that argument on her, the next time we talk!" Liz chuckled.

"Good; and if they come up next week, they could attend Sha're's birthday party, the more the merrier!" Daniel said and then he grimaced. "Oh man...that was the real reason I came by in the first place and I almost forgot to tell you...I did some calculating between Earth's and Abydos' calendars and figured out that Sha're's birthday is on the Saturday after this one. Abydonians don't celebrate their birthdays, like we do, but I figured we should celebrate it here, don't you?"

"Absolutely; I'm always ready to party!" Alex laughed.

"That sounds like fun!" Liz agreed.

"Yeah and the weather's still pretty nice, so Jack's invited us to have the party at his house; show my lovely wife what an authentic American barbeque is all about. Abydonians cook their meat over open flame every day, but they've never heard of barbeque sauce." Daniel explained.

"Can I bake the cake? What kind would Sha're like; do you have any idea?" Liz asked.

"She went into ecstasies when I gave her a chocolate bar yesterday...but then she also seams to love strawberries, so what do you think?" Daniel asked.

"Well one of my all-time favorite desserts is chocolate-covered strawberries, so how about a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, but a layer of cut strawberries in between and halved strawberries on top?" Liz suggested.

"Wow, Liz that sounds fantastic! My mouth's watering already!" Daniel exclaimed. "Oh man, if you could bake that for Sha're, I'd be really grateful!"

"Not a problem; you've really energized me to call Maria and Kyle and get them up here next weekend!" Liz exclaimed with a determined light in her eyes.

"Great; let me know if you're successful so I can tell Jack how much food to order, okay?" Daniel asked.

Liz and Alex nodded happily and then the three friends broke up to go back to work. A couple days later, Liz saw Daniel in the hallway and told him that Maria and Kyle would indeed be attending Sha're's birthday party and thanked him again for including them in on the invitation. Daniel smiled happily and then went to tell his teammates the good news, before starting work on the second part of their plan.

"Are you ready to depart, Dr. Jackson?" General Hammond asked the next day.

"Yes, sir; if King Zan will allow me to come through their Stargate." Daniel answered.

"Very well; start dialing P3X-777, airman." The General ordered.

"Yes, sir." The airman complied and the inner ring of the Gate started to turn.

"Chevron one...locked." A second airman called out.

"Do you think that they will have their security measures in place already, Dr. Jackson?" Hammond asked.

"I believe so, General; after all, it has been five days and King Zan was determined to get something installed as soon as possible, to protect his people from any unwanted visitors coming through the Gate." Daniel answered.

"You have our code to send, once we have finished dialing, airman?" The General asked.

"Yes, sir; Captain Carter input the code into the computer the day before yesterday." The airman replied.

"Chevron seven...locked." The second airman called out and the energy surge whooshed through the great ring and then returned to ripple brightly within the confines of the Stargate.

"Sending the code now, sir." The airman said.

"Let's hope they're willing to have visitors." Daniel murmured as they waited for a response.

"Receiving a return signal, sir; it has video imaging as well as sound." The airman announced, surprised.

"Here, let me..." Sam said, leaning over the keyboard to tap in a command. "Here comes the image, sir."

Lord Rath stood in front of a camera of some sort.

"We didn't leave the MALP behind, did we?" General Hammond asked.

"No, sir; this must be something they set up." Sam replied. "Impressive work after just a few days. Daniel, stand in front of that camera on top of screen number three and I'll turn it on, so that the two of you may speak face to face." Sam instructed.

"Thanks, Sam." Daniel said before turning to face the small lens, perched atop the computer screen.

"That should do it." Sam said.

"Oh, hello, Dr. Jackson. We are receiving your visual signal now. What can we do for you?" Rath asked.

"Good morning, Lord Rath." Daniel replied. "I was hoping to come through the Stargate, to deliver an invitation to you, King Zan, Princess Valondra and Lady Ava." Rath hesitated for a moment before answering.

"Very well, Doctor; I'll send Mergle up to meet you and bring you down to our home. When do you wish to come?" Rath asked.

"Well...whatever time would be convenient, but as soon as possible, please." Daniel replied politely.

"Come right now, then." Rath invited.

"Okay, here I come; thank you, Lord Rath." Daniel said before they both disconnected and Daniel turned to General Hammond. "General, I'll return as soon as I can."

"Very well, Dr. Jackson; good luck."

"Good luck, Daniel." Sam said.

"Thanks." Daniel said before he turned to Sha're and kissed her lightly on the lips. "I'll return as quickly as I can. Thank you again for allowing us to use your birthday this way."

"Anything I can do to repay King Zan and his family, by making them happy...I am willing to do." Sha're replied and then kissed him again, before pushing him towards the stairway, down to the Gateroom. "Go; do not keep Lord Rath waiting."

"Yes, ma'am!" Daniel smiled at his wife once more, before running down the stairs and then up the ramp, in the room below, to the Stargate and stepped through it.

Daniel's Antarian counterpart, Mergle was just arriving at the Gate-chamber, when Daniel stepped through the Stargate. They greeted each other in the language of the Ancients and then hopped into the waiting hover-craft and were driven down to the manor-house, where the Royal Four were waiting for him. King Zan thanked Mergle for meeting Daniel and then gently dismissed him back to his duties.

"How is Sha're settling in? I hope that she has suffered no ill effects from everything which has happened to her recently?" Zan enquired politely in English, once the five of them had sat down and been served refreshments by the housekeeper.

"Sha're's doing fine, Your Highness, thank you. I'll be sure to tell her that you were asking after her." Daniel replied. "She was rather overwhelmed for the first few days, but Captain Carter took her shopping for clothes, so that she could have a controlled and positive experience with getting out and seeing a little bit of our world and she is settling down some now. Right now, she's back at the base helping me translate some Goa'uld artifacts. It looks as though you have made great progress in cleaning up after the attack; how are your people doing?"

"Yes, most everything which was damaged or destroyed during the attack has been repaired and our people are calming down some, but this latest attack was quite a shock. After fighting the civil war for so long, they thought that such hostilities were behind them." King Zan remarked.

"Of course." Daniel said understandingly.

"Well...Dr. Jackson...what can we do for you?" Rath asked, getting to the point.

"I am here to invite the four of you to a party; Sha're's birthday party to be exact. Among my people, we celebrate the anniversary of our birth and this will be the first time I have been able to do this for Sha're, as Abydonians do not celebrate such anniversaries. Sha're thinks so highly of the four of you; as do I and the rest of SG-1, that she would very much like you to attend if possible." Daniel explained.

"When would this celebration take place?" Valondra asked.

Daniel told her the date, based on the Antarian calendar.

"A week and a half from today." Daniel said.

"Would this be a formal occasion? Where would it be held?" Ava asked.

"Well, some parties can be very formal, but others are very informal; it usually depends on the person for whom the party is being given. In Sha're's case, her party will be quite informal; Colonel O'Neill is having it at his home and it will be what we call a barbeque...that is when meat is cooked outside on an open grill and spicy sauces are used to tenderize and flavor it as it cooks. With luck, we will be able to eat outside in Jack's back yard. It should be a casual and fun time for all." Daniel explained.

"That does sound like fun." Zan agreed. "We enjoy outdoor parties here on Antar and we also have what we call cook-outs. Tell me, please, is anything required of the guests to such parties? Is there anything we should bring; food, gifts?"

"Well, usually I would say 'yes' to gifts, but all four of you have already given Sha're the greatest gift of all; her very life back and you kept her safe until we could be reunited..." Daniel said.

"Perhaps something small then; for her to remember us by." Ava suggested.

"If you would like to...that would be very generous of you and I know that Sha're will treasure anything you wish to give her, thank you." Daniel said.

"Good!" Ava exclaimed, excitedly and the others smiled along with her.

Daniel had noticed a great deal of significant eye-contact going on between the four royals, the entire time he had been sitting there, speaking to them and his curiosity would not allow him to just leave without trying to find out what was going on.

"Before I leave, was there...anything else you wanted to talk to me about?" Daniel looked around at the four of them. "You know, it may be none of my business, but there seems to be quite a bit of tension between the four of you...but if there is any way I can help you, I hope you'll let me know..."

"Actually, Daniel there may be something you can help us with, but there is something we need to discuss amongst ourselves first." Zan said. "Would you excuse us for just a few minutes while we speak in our own language?"

"Uh, sure." Daniel agreed.

The four royals started an animated discussion which became heated at times when Rath objected to whatever Zan was saying. But the two women seemed to be on their king's side of the argument and it sounded to Daniel as though Rath was finally made to agree, if reluctantly, to what they wanted.

"Uh...Daniel...we have something we need to tell you..." Zan started to say a moment later.

"What's that?" Daniel asked.

The four friends glanced to each other once more and then started to tell him their story; about their being sent to Earth and that they were the actual aliens from the 1947 Roswell crash. The Earth-names they had been given. How they had grown up, hiding their developing powers from everyone, even from the Evens, Max and Isabel's loving parents. They told Daniel briefly of how Max had loved a girl named Liz and how he had healed her one day, after she had been shot. They continued on, telling about how three other teenagers and a Sheriff found out the truth about them, became their friends and how four aliens eventually fell in love with four humans. And finally they told him about fighting their enemies on Earth and then being contacted by their people, here on Antar and begged to return to their home planet.

"...It broke our hearts, but we all decided that only the four of us should return and we had to leave the others...our loves...behind." Valondra said sadly.

"And so we came here, fought the war and saved our people, but afterwards, we had no way to return to Earth..." Rath said.

"...Until now." Daniel said nodding in understanding as he tried to hide his excitement at what he had been told. "And now you want to return to Earth and find your friends? What if they don't want to be found...or what if you can't find them?" He asked.

"I don't see why we shouldn't be able to find them." Rath said.

"But if they...don't want to see us..." Zan said with pain in his expression and in every tense muscle in his body. "...then we will have to accept that; and at least we would know that they are okay and...have moved on with their lives...and maybe...we can too." He said with anguish in his voice.

"And if they do want to see you?" Daniel asked.

"Well then we would like to find a way for us to be together. We can't permanently move back to Earth, but maybe they could come to live here or we could commute between our two planets..." Valondra said as her brother was still caught up in his worst-case-scenario-worries.

"I see...well, I think it would be great if the eight of you could get back together again, but I'll have to put your request before my superiors, to be discussed during our negotiations. You understand that the Stargate is top-secret and we have to be very careful about whom we tell about it." Daniel felt really rotten as he saw all four sets of shoulders droop a little, but he lessened his guilty feelings by reminding himself that these four good people would be getting their wish in just over one week. "Look on the positive side; the President is allowing you to come to Earth for the party, that's reason enough to believe that he will approve your request to be able to search for your friends." Daniel tried to give them some hope.

"And we appreciate being able to do even that much. We look forward to attending Sha're's birthday barbeque!" Zan said a little heartened by Daniel's words.

"Then I'll leave you for now and look forward to seeing you again in just over a week!" Daniel said, getting up to leave, after giving them a few details about exactly when to come and how to send the GDO code, before stepping through the Stargate.

Part 15

The morning for Sha're's birthday party dawned brightly with the promise of beautiful weather; unusual for November in Colorado, but perfect for the barbeque and Janet and Sam went over to help Jack set everything up at his home that morning. They had both been hyper all week, especially since Daniel had returned from Antar with the news that the Royal Four had admitted to being on Earth in the past and that they wished to make contact with their...loves...Liz Parker, Alex Whitman, Maria DeLuca and Kyle Valenti!

"Did you remind Daniel to bring his video camera, Sam? I saw yours on the kitchen counter and I've brought mine, but I don't want to miss anything that's going to happen." Janet said.

"Yes I did and I saw the Colonel checking his camera earlier, too." Sam said. "You know, despite all of his grumbling, I think he's starting to get a little bit excited about all of this!"

"Will wonders never cease?" Janet chuckled.

Ever since she had followed her husband back to Earth, Sha're had wanted to return to her home-planet of Abydos; to see her father, Kasuf...and her baby boy, hidden there among her people. But the Abydonian Stargate was still inaccessible, covered again by a heavy, stone seal, for the next two months. After Daniel's last visit to Abydos, on the anniversary of Sha're's abduction, he had ordered his friends to cover up the Stargate again with the stone seal they had used before; and to keep it covered for yet another year, when on that one day, they would uncover the Gate and Daniel would again return to Abydos, this time hopefully with Sha're beside him. So, Kasuf could not attend her birthday party, but she would return to Abydos, with Daniel beside her, but not for another two months.

Because of what they were hoping would happen when the Royal Four saw their human loves, some special plans had been made for the party. Since they wanted to keep everything low-key, the reunion relatively private and the identity of who Antarians really were, secret; only a few carefully selected people would be at Jack's house when they arrived. The rest of the party guests were scheduled to come an hour later. SG-1, Sha're, General Hammond, Janet Fraser and her daughter Cassie would be there, of course; along with Major Lou Ferretti and his team, SG-2 and Sam's father; Jacob Carter, host to the Tok'ra-symbiote, Selmac. Colonel O'Neill and General Hammond both figured that they would need more help if the Earth-Antar treaty went through and so they wanted the SGC's best team...after SG-1, to be present at the reunion and to meet their special guests. The two COs also wanted King Zan to meet one of the highest ranking Tok'ra, Selmac, who could also be of great help to the Antarians.

So, later that day; at the appointed time, the Stargate was activated from off-world and the Royal Four stepped through. It had been decided that at least part of SG-1 should be on hand to greet their royal guests and so Sam Carter and Teal'c, as well as General Hammond were standing at the bottom of the ramp when Zan and the others arrived. Jack was at his home, playing host and Daniel and Sha're were there as well, waiting to receive the party-goers.

"Welcome to Earth, Your Highness. I am General George Hammond, Commanding Officer of this facility." George said greeting each of the four visitors.

"Thank you, General; it is an honor to meet the commanding officer of such an outstanding group of people as SG-1." Zan replied.

"The honor is mine to lead them." The General replied.

"Hello again, Captain Carter, Teal'c." Zan greeted them as well.

"It's very nice to see you all again, Your Highness." Carter said, smiling and Teal'c bowed formally to the group.

"Well, I'd be happy to give you a tour of the SGC, but I understand that there is a birthday party to go to." General Hammond said. "Perhaps afterwards..."

"That would be great, thank you." Rath replied and the General nodded.

"Then if you will follow me, we'll be on our way." General Hammond said.

As they rode up in the first of two elevators, Sam took the opportunity to look over what their guests were wearing. She had helped Daniel send pictures from several fashion magazines...at Valondra's and Ava's request, through the Stargate to Antar. None of them wanted to look as though they had just stepped off of a spaceship; Sam smiled as she remembered Ava's remark.

All four of them were wearing casual slacks and shirts or blouses and light jackets as well as carrying small overnight bags and Sam would have sworn that the clothes had been bought at one of the malls in town. But they all looked great: especially King Zan, Sam sighed as she furtively checked him out...too bad he belonged to Liz Parker...and vice versa, she thought with another sigh.

When they reached the parking deck, the General guided them over to where a sparkling-clean van sat, along with two non-descript SUVs.

"I apologize that we could not furnish a limousine for you, but we were afraid that that would attract two much attention." The General said.

"Of course, General; thanks for thinking of that." Rath replied, looking around.

They had decided not to bring a guard of their own, counting on the strength of their four-square to keep them safe, should anything go wrong. Better to not call attention to themselves this trip, Rath had reasoned.

"Teal'c, would you mind riding up in the front SUV and Carter, if you'll do the driving, I'll ride shot-gun." The General ordered and everyone took their places.

Once everyone was seated the first SUV took off, followed by the van, which was followed in turn by the second SUV; both carrying the Marine-guard ordered by the President.

Shortly before they had been told that the party was set to begin, Liz and Alex drove up to Jack's house with their friends, Maria and Kyle. Liz took her cake, which she had baked and which Maria had been holding for her in the back seat and they all walked up to the front door. After one knock on the door, they were greeted by Daniel and Sha're and invited inside. Liz and Alex had told Maria and Kyle the true story of Daniel and Sha're, but then also had given them the cover-story, which had been worked out, to explain Sha're's sudden appearance in Daniel's life...and home. The SGC had stuck as close to the truth as possible. The young couple had been on vacation in South America, when Sha're had been kidnapped. Daniel had feared for his young wife's life these last two years as he searched for her and miraculously she had only just been found and rescued, two weeks before. And poor Sha're remembered very little of her captivity, giving her an excuse so that no one would ask her for any details...and she would not have to lie.

"Hi, Daniel...Sha're; happy birthday!" Liz exclaimed as they entered into the house and she hugged them both. "These are my best friends, Maria DeLuca and Kyle Valenti. Guys, these are two of my newest friends and co-workers, Dr. Daniel Jackson and his wife Sha're."

"Welcome all of you, the more the merrier!" Daniel replied.

"Thank you for coming to my party; it's wonderful to meet any friends of Liz or Alex." Sha're added.

"Where can I put the cake, Daniel?" Liz asked.

"Oh...I'll take it and put it in the kitchen." Daniel offered.

"Right...sure you will, Daniel. I don't trust your husband, Sha're!" Liz whispered teasingly to her new friend.

"You are a wise woman, Liz. My Dan'yel is not to be trusted with chocolate!" Sha're chuckled. "Come, I will show you where you can put it and Dan'yel will show your friends outside and introduce them to Colonel Jack and the others."

Daniel saluted his wife and lead Alex, Kyle and Maria out to Jack's back patio where the Colonel was trying to get his charcoal to burn and introduced them to the members of SG-2, Janet and Cassie; Jacob Carter had not yet arrived. Back up in the kitchen, Sha're showed Liz where she could put the cake.

"It is so kind of you to bake this for my party." Sha're told her new friend.

"I was glad to do it, Sha're. I'm so happy that the two of you found each other again. There's been such a change in Daniel since you've come back into his life. He's so much happier than and not as exhausted as he always used to be." Liz said.

"You've been a good friend to him, thank you, Liz." Sha're said sincerely.

"Daniel is...easy to like...he's an extraordinary man." Liz said.

"Yes...he is." Sha're said proudly. Then the two women shared a smile and leaned in for a hug.

"Now...how many candles do I put on your cake?" Liz asked briskly a moment later...

Several minutes later, Liz and Sha're came outside and looked around at the group of friends who had already gathered in the back yard. Sha're was wished a happy birthday by everyone she passed and Liz was greeted as well.

"Daniel, where are Sam and 'Murray'?" Liz asked, using Teal'c's alias.

"Oh they should be here soon; they're coming with the General." Daniel said. "Isn't this weather great? For us to be able to have an outside barbeque in Colorado, in November is almost unheard of. It should be freezing by now, but it's 65 degrees and sunny! We really lucked out for Sha're's party!

Liz nodded her agreement and went to see what her friends were up to. She found Kyle talking mechanics with Lou Ferretti and Alex and Maria were discussing old school friends and what some of them were up to now. But as she stood by Maria and Alex, Liz began to feel a strange sensation run through her body; one that she could not place what it was or what it meant, but which still felt eerily familiar to her. She started looking around and noticed that Maria, Kyle and Alex were doing the same thing. All four of them were tense as if waiting for something to happen. Daniel, Sha're and Jack had been keeping an eye on the four friends and noticed their tension.

"What's up with them?" Jack asked Daniel.

"I...don't...know, Jack." Daniel said confused.

"Could they be sensing their friends; as a Goa'uld can sense another Goa'uld?" Sha're asked.

"Good idea, Sweetheart, I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but let's go over and talk to them." Daniel suggested.

Jack stayed at his grill, but the happy couple walked over to speak to Liz and her friends. Daniel purposely circled around them so that the four friends would have to turn their backs to the house, as they answered his get-to-know-you questions.

In the van, a similar sensation was coming over the Royal Four as they drew closer to Jack O'Neill's house. They started glancing out of the van windows with sharp eyes, looking for anything untoward, but saw nothing.

"Is everything alright, Your Highness?" Sam asked, as she noticed their tension, reflected in the rear-view mirror.

"I...don't know...all four of us are sensing...something...but we can't figure out what it is we're feeling." Zan said.

"Who knew that we were coming?" Rath asked.

"Only SG-1, Sha're Jackson and myself knew before-hand. We were very careful about that." General Hammond answered and then thought to himself. 'But not for the reasons you're probably thinking of.'

"Should I call the escort, sir?" Sam asked.

"I'll do that, Captain; you keep your eyes on the road and both hands on the wheel." The General ordered.

"Yes, sir." Sam said as the General picked up the mike for the radio.

"Escorts Alpha and Bravo; this is Hammond. Are you seeing anything that might be of any concern to us?"

"No, sir; everything looks clear up ahead of us, is there anything in particular we should be looking for?" Alpha-team asked.

"No, just keep an eye out." Hammond ordered.

"Yes, sir." Alpha-team replied.

"Sir, everything is clear at your six as well, but we'll keep an extra eye out, General." Bravo-team reported in.

"Very well." The General replied and hung up the mike.

"Thank you, General." Rath replied as he kept looking out the window of the van...this sensation felt so familiar, but he could not put his finger on what it meant.

"Uh, General; since we're trying to keep a low profile, perhaps you should call us by our Earth-names. I am Max Evans, Valondra is my sister, Isabel, Rath is Michael Guerin and Ava is Tess Harding." Zan suggested.

"Very well, Mr. Evans." General Hammond agreed.

"Max, Isabel, Michael and Tess." Sam said memorizing the names.

"While we're discussing aliases, Teal'c's is 'Murray' whenever he goes out in public." The General told them.

"Good idea and I like the Chicago Cubs cap he's wearing." Michael grinned.

"That was one of mine, I does do a good job of covering up that gold tattoo he has on his forehead." George said.

As the van pulled up in front of Jack's house, Sam saw that her passengers were almost antsy with tension and she pulled out her cell-phone and punched the speed-dial for Colonel O'Neill's phone.

"Sir, it's Carter...is everything okay at your location? Our guests are sensing something." Sam asked.

"Nothing is wrong Carter, but Liz Parker and her friends are also antsy. Are you almost here?" Jack asked.

"We've just pulled up out front, sir." Sam said.

"I think it would be best if you just bring everyone back to the yard, ASAP. Use the side gate and have your escort check out the perimeter." Jack ordered.

"Yes, sir." Sam said and hung up her cell. "Colonel O'Neill says that everything is okay, inside, but that if we are concerned, we should get into the back yard as quickly as possible and have the escort check the perimeter." She told the General.

"Very well." General Hammond replied and picked up the radio's mike to give the escort their orders. "All right, Your Highnesses, if you will quickly exit the van and move towards the gate to the back yard, we will surround you on the way."

Max and the others got out quickly and stayed close to each other as they moved towards the back yard gate to Jack's property. General Hammond and Sam walked in front of them, while the four Marines and Murray/Teal'c encircled them.

In the back yard, Daniel saw Jack talking on his cell-phone and then the signal he gave, to indicate that their special guests had arrived and were coming in through the side gate. The gate opened just then and Daniel saw the General, Sam and Teal'c walking in front and blocking the view of the Royal Four.

The group had not taken ten steps into the yard when Alex and Kyle, who had been joking back and forth, stopped laughing. The eyes of all four friends became huge and then they turned as one and faced the people who were walking up behind them.

As soon as Sam saw Liz and the others turn around, she, the General and Teal'c pealed away to open up the line-of-sight between the two groups of long-separated friends. All of the SGC personnel watched and then started to grin; reaching for their cameras and video recorders, to capture every angle of the action to come.

Liz saw Sam, Teal'c and General Hammond come in through the gate and gave her friends a little wave, but then her hand dropped to her side, as though it were made of cement, when the three stepped aside and she saw who had been walking behind them.

'Oh man! No wonder I was feeling those sensations tingle their way through my body. How could I have forgotten what it feels like when Max is nearby?' Liz asked herself.

The two of them had developed a strong, almost psychic connection from when Max had healed Liz; they were able to sense when the other was nearby and sometimes pick up on the emotional state of their soul-mate as well. Isabel and Alex, Michael and Maria and Kyle and Tess had developed a similar, if not so strong connection with their loves, after each couple had made love together for the first time.

Max...is that really you?' Liz's thoughts sped through her mind as their eyes locked on each other.

"Isabel?"

"ALEX!"

"Kyle?"

"TESS!"

"L-Liz?" Max called out, uncertain.

Liz's face showed clearly all of the emotions she was feeling: shock, confusion, joy and even grief. She could not quite believe that it was happening. Her head tilted a little and tears started to pool in her eyes as she opened her mouth to speak.

"MAX!" Liz cried out at the same time as her other friends did and then they were running across the grass to each other.

As the others cried out to the other-halves of themselves, Maria stood stock-still. Shock had actually rendered her speechless. Michael stood across from her and felt the panic rise inside of him. Why was blabber-mouth-Maria silent? Why was she just staring at him, as if he was a ghost?

"Oh man...she doesn't want to see me...she's moved on and found someone else...' Michael thought silently as his shocked excitement at seeing his Maria plummeted into despair. His shoulders slumped and he started to turn away; his head bowed in anguish.

'Where is Michael going?' Maria silently asked herself. 'Can't he tell that I'm in shock? Damn-stupid Space-boy...still doesn't have a clue!'

"FREEZE Guerin! Where the H-E-double-hockey-sticks do you think you're going? Get your butt over here!" Maria yelled, finally finding her voice.

Neither one of them noticed the cheers and the clapping of the group around them, as they ran into each other's arms.

Meanwhile, Alex and Isabel; Kyle and Tess were all in tight embraces with their special someone, as they asked questions and declared their love, in between kisses.

"Are you really here? Oh man, it's been so long!"

"You're still so beautiful!"

"Is the war over?"

"I love you!"

"Is Khivar dead; are you safe?"

"Oh, how I love to feel your touch!"

"How did you get here? I haven't heard anything about another UFO."

"Your kisses still taste so sweet!"

"How did we all end up at this party?"

"How do you know these people?"

"It's so incredible to see you again...I love you!"

Maria and Michael were asking some of the same questions, but Maria was also trying to explain her reaction at seeing Michael.

"It was just such a shock, Michael; seeing you there, all of a sudden. It's been so long and I didn't know if you were alive or dead..."

"I know, Pixy-girl...this was all a surprise for us too. We knew that we would have to try and find the four of you, now that we've made contact with Earth again, but we also knew that it had been eleven years...I was so scared that you had moved on...found someone...else. You...haven't...have you?" Michael begged.

"No, no...I tried to...but no one can compare to you." Maria soothed.

Then finally, the three couples calmed down a little and became aware of where they were and who was watching. They looked around and saw a circle of grinning faces; before they could react to all of those strangers though, they all glanced over to where Max and Liz were standing.

When they had first reached each other, coming together in the middle of the yard, they had held on to each other for dear-life. But soon after that, Max and Liz both drew back a little and spent several moments just staring into each other's eyes and then looking over the other's face; rememorizing every line and curve; and comparing how they looked now to their memory of how they had appeared, years before. They needed no words to communicate; their glances and touches said everything they needed to say. Gentle fingers caressed over cheekbones and jaws, brushing away bangs or tracing over gracefully arched eyebrows, but finally they each ran an index finger over the other's lips, which opened to allow a tongue to peek out and taste the pad of the caressing digit.

Caresses and intense glances could only go so far, though and finally they moved in closer to allow lips to brush, nibble and taste...a temple, a freckle, a high brow and the corner of the other's lips. Soon they were nuzzling each others necks, finding the pulse-point, which throbbed with excitement, reacquainting themselves with each other's scent.

"Kissme,kissme,kissme."

Neither Liz, nor Max could tell which one of them murmured the words, or whether it was both of them sighing out their need, but finally their lips brushed and then clung together, drinking deeply, in between gasps for air. Max's hands, which had been simply holding Liz at her slim waist, started to wander. They slid up her spine and into her long, silky hair, to stroke and sooth.

"Oh Liz; I'm so glad that you didn't cut your hair, I always loved running my fingers through it." Max whispered in between deep, drugging kisses.

"And you're even stronger than you were before; I always loved feeling the muscles of your shoulders and back ripple and bunch as you held me...touched me..." Liz whispered back.

Their six friends had gathered into a tight group; hugging and kissing each other as they kept an eye on Max and Liz...who were still going strong.

"Hey, look; there are some lawn chairs over there." Michael pointed out. "We might as well get comfortable while we wait for them to...uh...finish saying hello."

Everyone giggled, but then Maria gasped.

"Oh NO! Look! Max is making Liz glow!"

The six friends looked over and then quickly converged on the two reunited lovers. Even back in high school, whenever Max and Liz became emotionally charged, while they were touching or kissing, Max would start to leave a light-trail behind on Liz, wherever his hands had touched her.

"Oh man, it's been eleven years, but get those two together for just two minutes and they start to glow!" Kyle groused.

"Liz...Lizzy...you have to stop. You. Are. Glow-ing!" Maria spoke into her friend's ear.

"Hey Max...chill!" Michael spoke into his king's ear.

"Hmmm...wh-what?" Max mumbled as their kisses slowed down and then stopped.

"Chill, you two have an audience." Michael said again.

It took a moment for their eyes to un-cloud and their brains to focus and see the grinning faces which encircled them. As they all looked around their little group, all eight friends began to realize that "Something" was going on. None of the SGC personnel looked surprised. They only looked...pleased with themselves.

"Uh...what's going on here...General Hammond?" Liz asked uncertain.

"Did all of you Plan this?" Michael asked almost accusatory.

"Don't worry, Dr. Parker...and yes, Lord Rath...uh...Mr. Guerin, we did plan this...or mostly Captain Carter, Dr. Fraser, Dr. and Mrs. Jackson planned this...and the rest of us just came along to enjoy the show!" The General's eyes sparkled. "I haven't had this much fun since we planned the surprise birthday party for my granddaughter!" But then he became the CO again; serious and all business. "Perhaps we could go inside and talk in private. The rest of the party-guests will be arriving soon."

"That sounds like a good idea." Max said, glancing down at Liz, who was tucked in close to him; her arm around his lean waist and his wrapped around her delicate shoulders.

"Hey, Ferretti; take over watching the grill, will ya?" Jack ordered before he moved to lead the group into his living room.

TBC

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to jane