Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

The Dance

by Katerina17
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The Dance

The Dance

by Katerina17

Summary: Under the moons and stars of Abydos, Daniel Jackson learned to dance.
Category: Romance
Episode Related: Stargate - The Movie
Season: pre-series
Pairing: Daniel/Sha're
Rating: GEN
Warnings: adult themes
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).
Archived on: 2005-02-13

And now

Glad I didn't know

The way it all would end

The way it all would go

Our lives are better left to chance

I could have missed the pain

But I'd have had to miss

The dance

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sha're was laughing, her dark eyes sparkling and her wild curly hair windblown. In her drab tan robes, she was the most beautiful woman Daniel had ever seen.

"We are here!" She spun in a wide circle, throwing her arms out like a child. She seemed so young sometimes, this fiery and passionate woman given to him by the fates, perhaps to make up for all the pain he'd suffered in his life.

"Is it not beautiful?" Sha're was continuing, too exuberant to notice that her husband was being unusually quiet. "My own parents would come here long ago, when they were first married, to ... " She paused suggestively.

Daniel's cheeks began to redden.

Sha're laughed, taking her husband's hand and dragging him across the rocks, which were worn smooth by the feet of thousands of couples down through the millennia. When the spring came into sight, Daniel would have stopped and stared if not for his wife's grip on his hand. Sha're was right -- such a place on arid Abydos was rare and beautiful.

"Before my mother died, she told me this was a magical place," Sha're said, sitting down on a polished red stone and pulling her husband down next to her. "Both Skaara and I were born after she and my father came here." Leaning her shoulder against Daniel's chest and raising her face to his, she whispered, "Perhaps the magic is still here ... "

Sha're of Abydos then proceeded to kiss her husband, one of those intense kisses that left him speechless and generally confused for at least fifteen minutes afterward. It wasn't fair, really; every time Sha're wanted something, all she had to do was lay on one of those kisses, and he'd agree to the most outrageous of requests.

"Wow," Daniel said, when he could breathe again. "That -- that was -- "

Unable to suppress a smile at her husband's open-mouthed, round-eyed expression, Sha're looked up at the sky. The sun was setting, its red light showering across her beautiful dark-skinned face and highlighting her thick black hair with shades of scarlet.

"Look!" She pointed to where one of the moons was appearing, a thumbnail-like sliver in the evening sky. "Come, Danyel." Without further ado, she pulled her husband out onto a wide, flat rock.

"Now," she said happily, "we will dance."

"Dance?" Daniel sputtered. "Oh, oh no Sha're, I don't dance. I, I, really, I can't dance at all. I'm really terrible at -- "

"Then I will teach you," Sha're replied patiently, ignoring his protests. "It is a tradition, Danyel. Under the moons and the stars, we dance, and then the magic will come to us." She raised her eyebrows a little, prompting what could possibly have been another blush.

"Sha're, really, I, I can't -- "

"Yes, Danyel, you can," Sha're replied serenely. "You put your foot here, and I put my foot here, and then ... "

And so, under the moons and the stars of Abydos, with the melody of a bubbling spring providing the only music, Daniel Jackson learned to dance.

He'd never been able to dance before, not once in his life, until now. Maybe this dance was different, easier somehow, or maybe it was just that, for the first time, he was dancing with someone who belonged to him. Someone to whom he belonged as well. Their rhythm was perfect, and the magic flowed around them like syrup, surrounding and enveloping them.

And Daniel Jackson realized that, for the first time in his life, he was truly and completely happy.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Yes, my life

Is better left to chance

I could have missed the pain

But I'd have had to miss ...

The dance

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Katerina17