Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Oh crap, not again

by honeyloco
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Oh crap, not again

Oh crap, not again

by honeyloco

Title: Oh crap, not again
Author: honeyloco
Email: jynx_is@hotmail.com
Category: AlternateUniverse
Episode related: 602 Redemption 2
Season: Season 6
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG
Warnings: character death
Summary: Sg1 get sent to an alternate reality and Sam is made to consider having the gao'uld Joliner within her again. And if jack will stop her and daniel makes a guest appearence because life without daniel is pointless
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

Challenge #86
In an alternate reality Jolinar is still alive, with Sam (alternate) as her host, an accident causes Jolinar's alternate Sam to be killed, finds a new host. She stumbles into this reality and is hell bent on getting this Sam to be a host. Submitted by Lynsey
Summary - I tried to keep to the chanlange, Sg1 get transported to an alternate reality and is needed as host. `S, g, one Sg1 you have a go,'
`Move out kids,'
SG1 stepped through the stargate, and remerged. `O crap. I hate it when this happens,' O'Neill muttered to the team. They had stepped through the gate only to arrive back at the SGC. `SG1?'
Jack looked up at the General
`How much time did we lose this time sir?' `Stay right there,' Hammond moved from the control room, Jonas turned to O'Neill, `Is this like your mission to..?'
`The one with Urgo, sir,' Carter told the bewildered colonel `Ah.' His face raised then dropped at the thought of Urgo, `God forbid, please not him again,' `That's impossible, we didn't gate to his planet,' Teal'c said with a slight hint of creeping despair, O'Neill turned slightly to see his Jaffa's friend face and looked a t carter who shrugged, General Hammond strode towards them,
`Your early Sg1, what happened?'
`Dunno, sir,'
`Jack?'
`We stepped through and we arrived, here, sir,' The general looked a t the other team member's, `We'll debrief in 1 hour, go see Doctor Frasier, now colonel, that's an order,' The gate reactivated, the lights flashed an the extra's came running in with guns pointing at the gate. SG1 and the general moved off the ramp. The general turned to the control room with a questionable look,' `No ones supposed to be back, what is it today?' `Err, general, its SG1's signal, code red, sir' The general looked at SG1 next to him, and without taking his eyes off Sg1 he commanded `Open the iris,'
`Is that wise, sir?' Carter asked stepping forward. Before the general had time to answer 4 people scrambled through the iris and they were SG1. O'Neill was had Carter in his arms and he laid her on the ramp as the wormhole disconnected. He did not seem to notice the first SG1 team as he started to stroke Carter's face, `Medical team!' yelled Jonas, as he approached the general, he and teal'c suddenly noticed the first SG1 team, `What is happening General Hammond?' Asked teal'c. Jonas decided Sam was more important at the moment,' `She got by a staff weapon, badly, I don't think, I, Joliner said she'd try, but I dunno, sir,' His gaze set on himself, the first SG1 Jonas O'Neill stepped forward, `Joliner?'
The general turned t other first and second SG1 team, `All of you are officially under guard, neither will try and allude your guards as this will be considered hostile towards this base and appropriate action will be taken. All of you report to the infirmary.' HE indicated to various Airmen to go with the 2 SG1 teams. `2 jacks, god help us,' The two SG1 teams sat at opposite rooms. Carter 2 was lying in a medical bed with her SG team sitting around her, glancing at Sg1 1 occasionally. Carter grabbed hold of Janet's arm as she passed to check up on Sam 2, `How is she?'
`She's dying, I think ill have to take the symbiot out,' Janet then went forward to the 2nd Sg1 Carter 1 turned to her colonel in despair and confusion, `Sir? What's happened?'
`Your asking me carter, I don't know. Alternate reality? Are we... wrong? Is it us?' `I do not believe so O'Neill,'
`We can't be sure of that though can we? You had robots made like you and they couldn't tell,'' `Why is it that you know more of our missions Jonas, than me and are saying I'm a robot? Because I don't feel like one,' `it is us though, isn't it sir, these people are sure that I have Joliner still in me. Like she didn't die,' `So in this world, you have a snake in you and .... We are real, though we could be robots?' The general came into the Infirmary and Janet greeted him, `Sir,'
`Doctor?'
`Our Sam is dying sir, I can't save her and Joliner is trying, but I believe she's too weak, we'll have to remove her,' `Our Sam'
`Well, that Sam, sir, knows me like I know Sam and... I think we have an alternate reality case,' `Did they say anything about the quantum mirror?' `No, but I can't think of anything else it can be, they aren't robots, they are human and SG1 that we know, except....' `What doctor?'
`Sam hasn't got Joliner. She said when the goa'uld tortured the symbiot it died, sacrificed itself to save her,' `But they aren't a danger?'
`I don't believe so sir, guards should stay with them, but I think our main concern is Joliner, she'll need a host now, I can take the symbiot out, but not for long, not long enough to find the Tok'ra and get them find a new host,' `Our options Doctor,' Janet looked at sg1 1 , `Maybe we should tell them the problem,' `You mean?'
`It's worth a try,'
`Jack will object, our jack would anyway,' `And I believe this one will too, but it's Sam choice,' The general nodded and the pair walked to Sg1 1, Jack stood up,
`Sir?'
`Sit down jack, the good doctor here believe your from an alternate reality, but with out the quantum mirror,' `The colonel was right?' Jonas seemed stunned, Sam leaned and muttered `Remember, I explained in the canteen,' `Right,'
`He's actually very smart, you don't get to colonel just for fighting. He acts dumb because its his way. A good disguise to make the enemy under estimate you,' `He does it very well,' Jonas said with such innocence that it made Carter smile, `You'll see, he'll try to disguise it, give you a blank look, like he doesn't understand what your saying, but I think he gets it,' Jonas shrugs, `Explained what major?'
`Nothing, sir,' teal'c raised one eyebrow, as he does, `Our Sam is dieing.' Janet interrupted, Jack's head dropped and then he glanced at himself across the room, and he looked so tired, worn out, sad. `What can we do?' He asked softly. Carter was slightly shocked that his feeling still stayed strong for her, and was touched, she would have blushed if she wasn't dieing on the opposite side of the room, `Nothing, sir, Jack.' Janet turned to Sam and look into her eyes, `But,' `Joliner needs a host,' Carter finished, `Right.' The general placed a hand on Sam's arm, `Understand major, this isn't compulsory, and we believe it could be only temporally, because of faise shifts, but she needs a host now. But I'm sure we could find her a new host given time, the few hours you could give... Before affects of a different reality begin she'll be out. We'll give you time to think about it, and we understand if you say no.' `General! Jack 1 stood up, `You can't seriously ask her to take the snake,' Carter who was standing now sat on O'Neill's chair, her face going pale, and her gaze set on the other Carter who looked already dead. Jack 2 stood up violently and strode to Jack 1, `Don't' you understand?! Saving her sn... symbiot means that a part of Sam will still live!' The Jack's faces were only inches apart, `I understand that but mine has lost her Joliner, and she... it.... She can't do that again, I won't let her, or you, you're the one being naive, stop to think about yourself,' `My carter's dieing! I think I have a right at this moment to think about myself,' `And mine is still alive! I know that! But I will also lose my Carter if you make her have another snake, one that she has mourned the death for...' `I'll do it,'
`What?' `Really?' both Jack's turned to her, `You said you couldn't go through that again, having another one,' `This is getting Joliner back, sir, it's different' `Only for her to be taken away again Sam, We can't stay in this reality,' `She should be the one making the discussion,' Jack 1 glared at Jonas, he was annoyingly like Daniel at times, `Shouldn't you be smiling or something? First time in an alternate reality.' `I was just saying that...'
`I know what you were just saying,' Jack 1 looked at Carter, `I wont be there when they do it, nor be there if anything goes wrong, I, I can't. ` `Please sir, I need to.'
`No carter you don't.' Jack left the infirmary followed by his designated guard. Sam turned to Janet and nodded, She stood up. Teal'c also stood and gave Sam a hug for comfort. The colonel went started to walk to the cafeteria and ordered cake. He dug in furiously, he paused and took the cake to Sam's lab. Sam was getting worried where jack was, but she was a bit too busy to go anywhere, everything was being set up for transference, it made her feel better that teal'c and Jonas were there, but she wanted Daniel. Jack sat alone in Sam's office, staring at his hand, `Not you again,'
`Nice to see you too Jack,' jack raised his head, `Daniel.'
`Hey,'
`Shouldn't you be with Sam? Your Sam anyway,' `She said she didn't want to, at least until she knew Joliner was alright. Then, who knows?' `So. What's up,'
`Was going to ask you the same thing,'
`She was so depressed last time, when she lost Joliner, you remember?' `Actually no, but I can guess,'
`Right, sorry, alternate reality stuff.' `Jack, it is her choice, Jonas was right,' `He's annoyingly like you, you seen that?' Daniel sighed, `I would spend your time looking for a way to get the team home' `Yeah, but isn't that Sam area, oh no wait, she too busy getting a snake,' `Jack, just because you had to go through something no person should, doesn't mean she will,' `You know something you never got, Daniel, is that it is my job to protect; that includes not letting people get shot, or hurt, something you seemed to seemed oblivious to. And not letting them get any snakes put in them. `I didn't attentionly get hurt,'
`Didn't stop you,'
`But this `snake' is different, she has helped Sam, even you more than you can know,' `That doesn't mean I want my Sam to have her,' `The thing you never got about my job Jack, something you should learn, is to see other's views and a view other than military,' `O, I understand, I just leave that up to Jonas now, he seems so happy doing it,' `And you leave the science to Sam,'
`Well, I have no choice there,'
`Really? Well I suppose you do know about the sky quite well, giving the telescope thing, so I would go look at some super-nova's if I was you,' `Was that a hint, isn't that the against the rules?' `You aren't supposed to be here Jack, and, well, your upsetting natural balance, and we like balance, so go, find, I'll look after your Sam,' The general, teal'c, teal'c, Jonas, Jonas and Jack 2 were surrounding the bed with Sam on. `Everything's set,' said Janet, and she direct Sam to the two medical beds brought together. Sam lay down, and Sam 1 kissed Sam 2 just like her father had done but nothing happened, Sam sat up and looked at Janet, who looked worried, Sam 2 eye's glowed and Joliner spoke, `I can not take her as a host.' Everyone's head bowed, not sure what actually went wrong, `Alternate reality stuff, I expect.' Everyone's head turned at the sound of Jack's voice `Sir?' Sam asked as she slowly got off the bed, `Colonel, any progress on finding a way to get you home?' `With the help of some of Sam's, or rather your Sam's, helpers I've managed to figure out what went wrong. I reckon that out wormhole went through a super nova star and it messed the whole thing up, and as this Sg1 team were travelling at that precise moment the wormhole sent us where they had come from. We've done some calculations and adjustment's. We'll be departing in 1 hour and 34 seconds, if the general permits,' `I suppose I do Colonel, and well done' The general left the room. Janet put Sam 2 in a more comfortable position, took some reading then went to get a nurse to sort out getting Joliner out of Sam. `What of Joliner?' Asked teal'c 2
`Well we have found somebody to be host, the person I believe has half a heart, born with it, a condition you can get, she'll be here in a few hour's,' answered Jonas 2. `Sg1... 1 we depart in less than 1 hour, get sorted and be ready to embark 10 minutes before,' The Sg1 1 and 2 scattered to various parts of the base, followed by a guard, Sam was making her way to the embarkation room when the other Jack was running behind her, `Sam, wait up,' Sam turned looking concerned, `Sir?'
`Jack will do, technically I'm not your sir.' `Oh, right.'
`I wanted to say... well I need to say this, and I can't anymore, I love you Sam, snake or no snake, what ever happens in your reality or mine, if you go off with another man, I will always love you and so will he.' Sam felt her body tingle all over, `Sir...'
`I can say this cause I'm not him, or your him,' Sam looked into his brown eyes, it couldn't hurt could it? `I love you too jack, no matter what. And I know she does, she would want me to say this, She loves you.' She lent in and kissed Jack 2, it wasn't anything passionate, but something needed, Sam with drew and smiled, `Goodbye sir,' Sam and took a step forward but crashed into someone, she went to apologise piously only to be faced with her own Jack; her face went redder than it ever had been in her whole life. `Sorry sir, I didn't relieze you were there.' Her jack gave the other jack a sharp look, `That's alright Major I'll meet you by the gate,'

After SG1 had debriefed the very worried General Hammond they were given a week stand down time. Teal'c had gone to see his son and Jonas had gone with him to get to know the rebelled Jaffa better. So Jac went and knocked on Carter's door, `Come in,'
Jack entered the room to expect Carter to be working on some project but instead she looked like she was about to leave the base, `You actually leaving Carter?'
`That's what stand down time's for, sir,' `Yes it is carter. Well done. Where you going?' `'Well, I have a lot to think about actually sir, thought this week I'd be unhealthy eating time and sad movie's or something,' `Or you could come with me,'
`Sir?'
`Don't worry I think I'll give up on getting you to the cabin. I was thinking I could take you out to dinner, or something, you know. Then I dunno, we could go visit your dad? I ask the general and he checked and he's not on a mission or anything,' `Even if there's a risk about seeing Frayor?' `I was thinking he could come over here, we could take him someplace, ycause you know, he ain't been to earth much, Take him to the carribean's or something,' `Caribbean's!'
`I pulled some strings,'
`Sir, that's really nice of you...'
`Well then,'
`But, I would like some me time, I don't think you understand,' `Daniel filled me in, I can help, I know I can, ` `Daniel,'
`Never mind, ages ago, I promise fun all the way,' `if you say so sir'
`And I do,' Jack looked so hopeful at Sam, he did his puppy eyes that brought a smile to her face, `Ok,'
`What? Really, you serious,'
`never turn down a few meal,'
`What even if it's with me?' The colonel stood stunned as Carter walked past him and headed towards the door, `yep,'
`Wasn't expecting that,'
`If you not up to it sir,'
He smiled and turned,
`Let the fun begin,'

If you enjoyed this story,please send feedback to honeyloco