Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

This Time Maybe Not

by Helen
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
This time maybe not

This time maybe not

by Helen

This time maybe not
AUTHOR: Helen
EMAIL: helljackson85@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Hurt/Comfort, Drabble
PAIRING: Daniel/Sam
SPOILERS: none given
SEASON / SEQUEL: 5
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: sexual situations, minor character death
SUMMARY: Daniel has on many times gone into a coma and was brought back. this time jack is froced to think about that this time he may not come back.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: i give up, i really do. i hate the people who invited a brain. i know, i know

"Ah come on Daniel think about it" Colonel Jack O'Neill bleated before doctor Daniel Jackson looked at his best friend for his seat next to jack "keep your eyes on the road jack" Daniel ordered before jack grinned and swerved the car on the empty road "jack" Daniel cried out as jack grinned more "don't be a baby, you should drive more" jack told Daniel not looking from the road "jack" Daniel whined before he looked away and smiled "you know, maybe I could teach you, to drive like a real man" jack stated as Daniel grinned at him "thanks dad" Daniel joked as jack laughed before they swung around a corner "watch out for that barrier" Daniel stated before jack went to say something but there was a bright light and jack disappeared.

Jack took only a moment to realise he was no longer talking to Daniel, he looked around and found that he was on his backside staring at one of the members of the Asgard "howdy" jack greeted before he stood and smiled, then froze. He had been driving, Daniel was still in the car that had no driver and was aimed the cliff "send me back, now" jack yelled before the Asgard passed what could be called a frown "send me back damnit" jack yelled before there was a bright light. Jack chocked back the groan when he saw the road was empty, he rushed forward and saw a large hole in the barrier and something that made jack's heart flip, angry brake light. Jack rushed over to the cliff and saw his car smashed and leaning against a large slab, the wheels spinning on their own accord the front lights glaring, jack shook his head before he grabbed his mobile and dialled a number "Doctor Frasier" a female voice stated before jack looked at how far the car was "there's been an accident" jack mumbled before he slowly lowered himself down "what kind" Janet seemed worried now "a car, Daniel went over the side of the cliff in the car, I don't know what kind of shape he's in, the car doesn't seem so bad, so he couldn't of taken much of a fall" jack stated before he reached the car and leaned over the car and peered through the window, Daniel was slumped against the drivers door, a large red gash across his white forehead, his glasses somewhere else. His jaw was cut slightly and his lip was split "where are you" Janet asked as jack looked around "not far from base, ten minute drive, you can't miss us" jack stated before he heard Janet motioning to people "hang tight jack" Janet told him before she hanged up as did jack who stumbled back when the slab rocked. He was thrown backwards as the slab titled forward causing the car to tumble down hill, smashing and rolling along the way. Jack smacked his head against a rock and his shoulder came into contact with something solid and hard.

Janet hit the driver who just happened to be major Davies and pointed to a barrier "there" she told him before he nodded and slowed down as did the three other vans behind him. Janet cursed when she saw the large gap in the barrier. She heard Davies shout to her as she jumped out and he stopped as did the other three vans, Janet looked over the cliff and saw jack laying against some solid rocks "move it" she yelled before she leaned over further and saw the car on it's side angry with the many starches and cuts it sustained.

Major Samantha Carter and Major Lou Ferrite smiled when the walked through the SGC "god I needed a good nights sleep in my own bed" Lou stated as Sam smiled at him "glad you took my advice and left the base" Sam stated as Lou nodded "thanks carter, once I saw the colonel and Daniel off the thought of my bed and wife waiting for me became to appealing, what about you" Lou asked as they stepped into the elevator and Lou hit a button "I went home and fell a sleep watching a wonderful life" Sam stated as Lou smiled "bet you jack had Daniel up half the night playing poker" Lou stated as Sam nodded "if we know the colonel" Sam stated as the elevator stopped and the doors open.

Sam was surprised to see that Daniel wasn't in his office, he was there before she was, granted that most nights he never left, but when he did he was still there before her. so she went to his room and didn't find him there, she then tried Teal'c's room and found neither of them. Sam was surprised, now Teal'c preferred his room. Maybe they went for breakfast, Sam thought becoming worried now. Sam took a deep breath before she knocked on general Hammonds door, he was going to think her mad for asking him where her team was, but she didn't know where else to look, the mystery only got deeper when she went looking in the infirmary she found neither jack nor Daniel nor Teal'c nor Janet. The general summoned her and she walked in "sir, sorry but have you seen the rest of SG-1 or Janet for that matter" Sam asked before the general, who looked shattered and too pale looked at her "you haven't heard" general Hammond asked as Sam shook her head "you best sit down major" general Hammond stated, Sam noticed that something was wrong "there was an accident last night, involving Daniel and jack" general Hammond told her before she slumped back and stared at him. her own breakfast threaten to return "what kind" Sam asked her voice shaking and weaving "a car accident, it seems that while jack was driving the Asgard transported him on to their ship" general Hammond was cut off when Sam snapped back up "but if jack was taken Dan-" Sam stopped that train of thought as she stared wide eye "what happen" she asked after swallowing "jack bumped his head and dislocated his shoulder but he's fine" general Hammond told her, she took it in but her eyes got bigger "Daniel" she whispered before general Hammond looked down at his interlocked fingers before he looked at her and his eyebrows frowning "he's still in surgery, he broke his arm, leg, his spleen ruptured and his back and neck were fractured. As for his head, well during the night his brain began to swell, but they sorted that out, their still working on his back and spleen, his organs took a major beaten" general Hammond told her before she withdrew "what...what chance did they say he have" Sam asked as general Hammond shrugged "I just got off the phone with doctor Frasier, she told me everything you just heard, the doctors are still working on him" general Hammond stated before Sam jumped up "I have go see him" Sam spluttered out as general Hammond nodded "thought you might, major Davies is driving back from the hospital to pick you up, and some fresh clothes for colonel O'Neill, he'll be here soon" general Hammond stated as Sam nodded before she let it all sink in, but still played tough major "I'll go get stuff for Janet and Daniel" Sam stated before she turned and walked out as general Hammond sighed and then stared at the phone.

Major Davies glanced over at Sam when they passed the break in the barrier, Sam stiffened at that "is that were they" Sam didn't finish before she slumped back into her own world "he's going to be fine, he always is" Davies stated but Sam didn't respond she just stared at the view. Jack looked up when Davies walked back into the waiting room with a bag and Sam in tow, she had two bags and a flat, lifeless expression plastered across her face "some clothes for Janet and Daniel" she said before Janet walked over to her and placed a hand against her shoulder, Teal'c raised an eyebrow under the military hat he was wearing "any word" Davies asked before he handed the bag to jack "none, the doctors are still working" jack stated before he looked at Sam who was guided to a chair by Janet "should be soon" Janet offered as she sat next to her friend "carter" jack called softly before Sam looked up, her blue eyes watering and large "sir" she stated before she chewed her lip and jack stood and walked out of the room, Teal'c went to go after him but Sam stood "no, I'll get him" Sam stated as Teal'c nodded, knowing it had something to do with the human code.

Jack stared out the military window at the green park "sir" Sam called as she walked over to him "what is it carter" jack asked as Sam looked down "are you ok" Sam asked as jack looked down "nope, head hurts, shoulder burning, but hey it's much better then what Danny feels" jack spat out before Sam took a deep breath "it was nobodies fault" Sam offered before jack spun round "oh it is, and you know who the hell I'm talking about" jack stated before Sam looked down "they didn't know" Sam stated fighting the doubt in her voice "don't, I will kill those bastrad's if he dies" jack warned but wished he didn't when he saw Sam's face "he won't, he can't" Sam stated her face getting ready to cry "of course he isn't" jack stated as he went to hold her but Davies walked over to him "the doctors are done" he stated before Sam rushed towards the waiting room just like jack.

"The operation was a success, we fixed nearly all of the damage done, all we have to do is wait and see if there's any brain damage" the doctor stated as Sam held her self "how long" jack asked as the doctor shoved his hands into his pockets "depends, your friend took a bad blow from the accident I'm surprised he's lived this long, it may be a matter of hours to days. We'll see how bad the head trauma is" the doctor told them before he smiled a tight smile "when can we see him" Sam asked as the doctor sighed "well, I don't want everyone around him straight away, leave him to rest, so only one at a time for only five minutes" the doctor ordered before everyone nodded.

Jack stared down at his friend. Being nominated to go first he didn't have anything to say, so he decided to say the first thing that came into his mind "I'm sorry Danny" jack stated. That was all that was needed for him to start to cry "god damnit, if only you whined a little bit more, I would of left you on the base and none of this would of happen" jack mumbled before he watched his best friends chest raise and fall "just wake up, please" jack requested before he rubbed his head then stared back at his friend "I'm not going to leave you alone till you do" jack stated, one part of him knew that Daniel was in a coma but there was one part that expected Daniel to groan then wake up saying that he couldn't stand that sort of punishment but Daniel didn't he still laid there, a tube coming from his mouth, wires connecting to all different machines "wake up" jack murmured before there was a knock on the door.

Daniel twisted in his sleep, the bedcovers wrapping themselves around him, he heard jack's voice, pleading with him. that dream was over and then Teal'c was asking him something, to wake up. Great, Daniel thought, even in dream world he was nuts, then Janet spoke to him, promising no more penlights or medicals if he woke up. Now that was a dream Daniel liked, then for some strange reason major Davies was asking Daniel to wake up. Maybe he overslept, they did have a mission, and Sam's voice was the finial one before everything became hazy.

Daniel groaned when the covers were whipped from him "Daniel" a sweet voice called before warm hands traced over his chest, he grinned "I'm sleeping" he stated with a pout before a body was lowered on to him, wet and big lips trailing a path to his neck "then you won't mind me doing this" the voice stated before hands slipped towards his sweatpants, he groaned before he grabbed the body and turned, wrapping his arms around them "Daniel" the voice giggled before they toyed with his hair. Daniel nestled his head into their hair and rubbed their back "Daniel come on" the voice pleaded before Daniel open his eyes, first there was nothing but light then a figure appeared, the voice belonged to a very sexy figure, Daniel pulled back and saw the person he dreamt about almost every night, ever since a year after Sha're's death. Her blonde hair short and pushed back, her blue eyes shining her lips turned up at the corners "what" he asked with a playful grin before Sam lent forward and kissed him fully, Daniel returned the kiss and held her closer when she open her mouth her hands moving to his chest "Daniel" she moaned before Daniel kissed her neck and made his way across her throat pinning her under his body as he did, he grinned when she mocked trying to push him away. Daniel propped himself up on his elbow and stared down at her as she smiled at him "what time is it" he asked as Sam glanced at a clock on the table then looked at him "only 10:30, we don't have to be back till 4:20" Sam stated as Daniel grinned "good" he stated before Sam smiled "oh, what do you have planned for me" Sam asked before Daniel bent down and started to kiss from her chin to her chest, there he undone her shirt and carried on kissing her skin. Once past her belly she removed her shirt and Daniel smiled at her beauty "don't stop" she urged before Daniel sighed "fine" he stated before Sam giggled.

Daniel expected to wake up alone in his own room, but when he did wake up, he was in the same bedroom, Sam's bedroom. Whilst she was wrapped in his arms, a large smile on her lips. Daniel frowned but shook it off when he moved from Sam, making sure he didn't wake her.

Daniel grabbed his robe and slipped it on, wait, his rob at Sam's place. No, this is yours and hers place, remember. His brain told him before shook his head and padded to the bathroom. His and Sam's stuff were mingled tougher, he smiled, and he liked the idea of sharing with Sam. He bent down and washed his face. He jumped when two arms slipped around his waist and a head rested against his back "trying to sneak away" Sam asked as Daniel straightened and grinned, he covered her hands with his and rocked from side to side "nope, just wanted to get cleaned up" Daniel asked as he felt Sam pout "you could of kissed me" Sam stated the pout evident in her voice "oh, sorry, can you forgive me" Daniel asked as he turned in her arms and looked at her wrapping his own arms around her "let me see, you can start by giving me a kiss" Sam ordered before Daniel bent down and kissed her firmly on the lips. Sam grinned when Daniel pulled back "now you can take me right here" she said with a evil grin as Daniel raised an eyebrow "in the bathroom, here" Daniel asked as Sam slipped her hands under his robe "hey, you have to make it up to me for missing a kiss" Sam stated as Daniel smiled "oh ok" he stated before he kissed her, she undid his robe tie and pulled the robe past his shoulders as his hands caressed her face then slowly laid her down on the floor.

Jack's face told a tale of a thousand hurts and pains. The wounds he got in the line duty were nothing to what he was going through now. He always knew there was a time when Daniel might not make it. Jack had accepted that, just like he accepted that neither Sam nor Teal'c would make it, but that was on a mission, away from home. Daniel couldn't just die because of what happen. He was planned to die saving the world. Not in a stupid car accident. Jack glanced up when Sam tapped on the door, she hadn't said anything to anyone since she left Daniel after her five minutes were up "carter" jack called before Sam smiled tightly at him "sir, shouldn't you be resting" Sam asked as jack shook his head then looked at Daniel "I want to be here when he wakes up, I want him to know that I didn't mean for any of this to happen, hoping he forgives me" jack stated as Sam walked in and stared at Daniel "he will, he always does" Sam stated before she walked over to Daniel and stood opposite to jack "yeah we had bet on wither he'll been in the infirmary" jack stated as Sam laughed but her face remind shadowy and her eyes watching Daniel "we all thought it was because of Janet" Sam stated with a tight smile, revealing to much, jack sighed and knew it was time, he was in love with Sam but he didn't stand a chance the real chance was laying in a coma. Jack knew that he was stubborn and annoying but one thing he would never do is stand in the way of two of his best friends being happy, even if it meant losing the woman he loved "it was never Janet" jack muttered looking at Daniel, he knew Sam gave a jealous smirk "I know Sha're" Sam stated, she couldn't fight the sneer in her voice which made jack smiled slightly "nope, it wasn't always Sha're" jack stated before Sam flickered a glance towards him "who sir" Sam asked, making jack grin. He could handle Sam and Daniel, but hey it was going to have some fun before he looked at her "oh please, you're a scientist think about carter" jack stated as Sam stared at him with a blank face "I have no idea sir" Sam stated before jack stood and rolled his eyes "think about the other woman you left of the list, she's right there, by his side just like he is" jack stated, Sam's face twisted more with a frown and jack sighed and shook his head "are you dumb or just tried, you, he's in love with you for crying out loud, it's been you since he first laid eyes on you, well your brain anyway, they you, he fell in love with you" jack told her before her eyes went big eyed again "me" she asked as jack groaned then smiled and nodded "yes carter, Danny boy is in love with you" jack stated before Sam looked at Daniel "but he never said anything, hell I never picked up on anything" Sam stated as jack laughed "this is Daniel we're talking about here" jack stated before he looked at Sam "and you, how you feel" jack asked before Sam snapped her back at him "I don't kn.... I'm in love with him too" Sam stated as jack nodded "I leave you two alone, I want coffee" jack stated as he walked out and heard Sam talking to him.

"Daniel, wake up, please, I love you too" Sam's voice stated through the darkness. Daniel woke up and looked around, waiting to see Sam standing over him, she told him that she loved him, she returned his feelings. But she wasn't standing over him, in fact she was laying next to him on the bathroom floor covered in his robe, he shook his head then winched in pain, he lifted his hand to his head and touched it, when he pulled it back there was nothing, he sighed before he looked at Sam and smiled before he caressed her cheek, she groaned before she open her eyes and smiled at him "hey you" she greeted before she kissed him "I think we better get ready" he stated as Sam smiled then nodded "one more kiss" she ordered before Daniel kissed her firmly "ok, time to go, up" he ordered.

Daniel looked at his watch once more before Sam came out of their home and she smiled "take your time" Daniel yelled before Sam smiled then rushed over to him and wrapped her arms around him and fell against him "sorry" she stated before she kissed him "lets go" she whispered before Daniel nodded then went to walk back Sam didn't let go, so he grabbed her and lifted her up and over to the car. Daniel looked away from Sam and out the window and spotted a barrier.

// Daniel waited for jack to say something but there was a bright light and jack was gone. Daniel grabbed the wheel the best he could but it was no use, the car veered straight for the barrier and tore through it as thou it was a piece of paper// Daniel felt Sam's hand on his shoulder "you ok" she asked as Daniel shook his head and saw the base coming to view "yeah, fine thanks" Daniel stated as he pulled his id card out shaking the vivid memory from his brain "good" Sam stated before she pulled up to the base and a guard greeted them.

Daniel turned the tape recorded of and stared at the artefact, he finished all this, he knew he did, Daniel grabbed his head when pain flared through him.

// "no jack, I just have to finish up on this" Daniel stated as jack stared at him, rocking on his heels with his hands in his pockets "so finish all ready" jack ordered as Daniel smiled at him "I can't just say it's some old rock found on our last mission, it's really old" Daniel stated as jack grinned "yeah you can, come on, I want to go home" jack whined before Daniel frowned at him "go, I can catch a ride with some one else, Sam's driving Lou home, I'll catch a ride with her" Daniel stated as jack groaned "she's not going for hours, come on, please, pretty please" jack stated before Daniel nodded "let me finish this" Daniel stated as jack nodded and sat down and watched him "just in case" he stated before Daniel smiled and picked the recorded up "ok, jack don't say a word" Daniel warned as jack held his hands up//

Daniel dropped the artefact on to the table and grabbed his head before he fell to the floor.

Jack snapped his head up when doctors and nurses rushed into Daniel's room, a blue light flashing, Sam dropped the coffees she was holding and rushed to the room like jack and Teal'c Janet pushed past and rushed over to Daniel "code blue" a nurse yelled before the doctors started CPR on Daniel "clear" one shouted before panels went across Daniel and the doctor gabbed them. Jack jumped when there was a zap then a beep "steady heart beep" the nurse stated before the doctor handed the panels back "check his vitals, move everything out" the doctor ordered before everyone cleared from the room as jack, Sam and Teal'c shuffled in "he's coming with me" Janet stated as the doctor looked at her "no, we can't risk moving him" the doctor stated as Janet fixed him with a glare "I'm taking him with me" Janet ordered before the doctor looked at jack then back "I'm taking it with the board" the doctor snapped before Janet crossed her arms "I'll take it with my boss and he'll go over your head" Janet stated before the doctor stormed out.

Daniel woke up and saw jack leaning over "howdy" jack greeted before Daniel rubbed his head "jack ease off" Daniel ordered before jack backed off and Daniel sat up "what happen" Daniel asked as jack grinned "you fell down" jack stated before Janet rushed over to them "hello" she greeted before she pulled a pen light out and flashed into his eyes "you said if I woke up you would get rid of that damn light" Daniel stated as Janet smiled "I would never say that, what happen" she asked with a frown before Daniel sighed "a pain in my head, then a memory of working on a artefact" Daniel stated as he hanged his legs over the side of the bed "well there's been so many" jack stated before Daniel shot him a look "that's all, a sudden pain" Janet asked as Daniel nodded "same thing happen to me this morning, um I had a weird dream where you were all asking me to wake up" Daniel stated as jack smiled "sure it just wasn't carter" jack asked as Daniel smiled "no, she woke me differently" Daniel stated before jack's face twisted "she pulled the covers off of me and ordered me to get up" Daniel stated as jack nodded "I think I would feel better if you had a MRI" Janet stated as Daniel stood "no, I'll be fine, it's just I've been working for such a long time, I'll be fine" Daniel stated as Janet looked at him but he flashed her a smile and slipped out grabbing jack. "how can there not be a illness named after you" jack asked as he and Daniel walked towards the locker room "I only get ones already named" Daniel stated before jack grinned "come on, we have a mission" jack stated as Daniel nodded.

"colonel" general Hammond stated a little surprised when he saw jack walking out of Daniel's office "sir" jack greeted before general Hammond frowned at him "what are you doing here, I thought you would be with Daniel" general Hammond stated as jack nodded "Janet moved him here, he flat lined for a little while, so Janet thought it best if he came back with us" jack stated as general Hammond nodded "ok, what you got" general Hammond asked as jack looked at the book "Daniel borrowed it from me, needed something, I was going crazy" jack stated as he offered a smile "I'll best let you go" general Hammond stated as jack nodded and then carried on with his course. Sam looked up from Daniel when jack walked in "hey" he greeted before Teal'c jerked up then looked around before he cleared his throat and looked at Daniel "why don't you catch some shut eye" jack told them before they both looked at him "no" they said in unison as jack held his hands up "fine, fine, just asking" jack stated before he stared at Daniel "no change" jack asked as everyone shook their heads "damnit" jack cursed before he took his seat next to Daniel and stared at his friend "where Janet go" jack asked as Sam rubbed her face "to talk to Cassy, she left her in a state when she phoned, Janet reckons that Cassy can't go to school" Sam stated as jack nodded before he rubbed the back of his neck "general Hammond is aware of our presence now, so he'll be coming by soon" jack stated as Sam nodded.

Daniel frowned when he stepped through the stargate "P3X 876" Daniel stated as jack and Sam walked out behind him as did Teal'c "I remember this place" Daniel stated as jack looked at him "of course you do, you studied the print outs" jack stated before Daniel shook his head "no, jack I know this place, this mission, it was the last mission we went on, I'm sure of it" Daniel stated before he grabbed his head in pain and fell to the ground "Daniel" he heard Sam and jack call before they rushed to him

// "Another bright and sunny planet, doom and gloom not far away I take it" jack stated as the stargate closed on P3X 876 "Jack be optimise" Daniel urged before jack looked at him "Daniel be premised" jack ordered as Sam smiled "it could be worst" Sam stated as jack and Daniel looked at her "how" jack asked as Sam took in deep breath "we could walk right into a storm" Sam offered them before she walked over to Teal'c "Daniel not too many artefacts this time, I don't want you to put your back out like last time" jack stated before Daniel grinned "no sir" he stated before he rushed over to Sam and Teal'c.//

Janet frowned when she looked away from Daniel "so what's wrong with him" Sam asked as Janet sighed "nothing, he's absolutely fine" Janet stated before Daniel looked at her "fine, I keep having daymares and pains in my head" Daniel snapped before he jumped from the bed and Janet sighed again "I don't know Daniel" Janet stated as Daniel nodded before he walked over to Sam "thanks anyway" Daniel stated before Sam took his hand "it would be best if Daniel went home, had some time to recover, then come back for some test" Janet stated as Daniel groaned and Sam and Janet smiled "well SG-1 is on stand down and jack has been bugging us all to come down the his cabin for sometime" Daniel stated as Sam grinned at him "by the fireplace, all curled up" "with a sarcastic colonel and a serious alien" Daniel stated which made Sam pout "go on out" Janet ordered before Daniel and Sam rushed out.

"ah come on Daniel think about it" jack urged as he drove and Daniel looked at him from the passenger sit, while Sam and Teal'c rested in the back "keep your eyes on the road" Daniel ordered as jack grinned and looked back at the road and swerved the car on the empty road "jack" Daniel cried out as jack grinned more before Sam and Teal'c shot jack a look but kept quiet "don't be a baby, you should drive more" jack told Daniel not looking from the road "jack" Daniel whined before he looked away and smiled "you know, maybe I could teach you, to drive like a real man" jack stated as Daniel grinned at him "thanks dad" Daniel joked as jack laughed before they swung around a corner "watch out for that barrier" Daniel stated before his head flared with pain

// Daniel felt the car scarp against the metal barrier and then tear through, he tried to scramble from his seat, but a sharp jolt from the car stop him, the front wheel s locked and the whole car tipped side wards straight down the cliff, he and the rest of the car slid side wards. When the car stopped Daniel was thrown straight into the drivers side window, smashing his head against the steering wheel, losing his glasses somewhere. The next thing Daniel heard was jack's voice "not far from base, ten minute drive, you can't miss us" there was silence before the car jolted as the rock beneath it gave way and the car tumbled down the rest of the way, Daniel smacked his head against the roof when the car landed on it's top then rolled again, causing Daniel to smack his head again and again, his arm slammed into the door and Daniel heard it break before he was taken over by blackness.//

Jack shifted before there was a loud beeping noise then groaning from the bed "Janet" jack yelled before he jumped from his chair sending it flying as did Sam and Teal'c before Janet rushed over to him pushing pass "Daniel" Janet called before jack hanged over her shoulder and watched Daniel's head move from side to side before his eyes shot open "Daniel take it easy ok" Janet soothed before Daniel settled down before he looked around, he went to touch his head but his cast stopped him and he winched "ok, Daniel I'm going to take this tube out from your mouth, you have to breath out when I do so ok" Janet ordered as Daniel watched her and nodded before she smiled and pulled the tube out, Daniel let out the breath before he gasped for air then chocked "ok, ok, slow breathing, it's ok to feel like your going to throw up" Janet stated as Daniel shook his head "I'm not going to throw up" Daniel stated his voice raspy and horse "your going to have lay still while I check you over" Janet stated as Daniel nodded "ok you three out" Janet ordered before jack, Sam and Teal'c looked at her before they nodded and walked out, jack smiled slightly when he saw General Hammond, Lou and most of SG-2 and SG-3 slumped outside, fast asleep.

"hey space monkey" jack greeted as he walked into the infirmary "hey jack" Daniel greeted before he pushed the book aside "how you feeling" Daniel asked as jack grinned, just like the Daniel he had grown to love and respect "fine Danny boy, how are you" jack asked taking a seat next to Daniel "been better, but good, I had one hell of a dream" Daniel stated as jack nodded "I know, Janet said something about it" jack stated as Daniel smiled at him "she also told me you've been beating yourself up about what happen, jack there was nothing you could of done, I never thought you could of done anything to stop it, but I'm grateful that you put the world in danger just to save me" Daniel stated as jack grinned "the Asgard just wanted to check up on us, but I would do it again in a second Daniel, I would never risk losing you" jack stated as Daniel smiled "I know, jack I don't blame you, I actually really, really am happy that you're my friend, you saved my life" Daniel stated as jack grinned "thanks Daniel, but your stuck with me for life, I'm always going to be your friend, through thick and thin, anyway you were nearly a cause for interplanetary war between us and the Asgard" jack stated as he lent back "why" Daniel asked with a smile and a small frown "general Hammond and SG-2 went off to have a right go at them and well lets just say general Hammond said a few things about some of the Asgards mothers, and grandmothers" jack stated as Daniel laughed while jack just smiled and sighed "what's up" Daniel asked as jack looked at him "I thought this time maybe not" jack stated as Daniel nodded "so did I jack, for a little while dream life seemed a whole lot better then real life, but hey every time I remembered the real world, it was always you who was there, this coma helped me realise something jack" Daniel stated as jack lent forward "what" jack asked as Daniel smiled "that I have the best friend, team mate and brother in the whole universe and nothing is ever going to make me forget that" Daniel stated as jack grinned at him "same here Daniel, same here, um Daniel next time, you can drive home" jack stated as Daniel laughed and nodded "I think it would be the best" Daniel stated before Sam and Teal'c walked in and smiled at them "hey" Sam greeted before jack grinned at Daniel "so these strippers in your dream, fought over you in the jelly" jack asked before Daniel laughed while Teal'c raised an eyebrow and Sam shot jack a look before she looked at Daniel "it's good to be back" Daniel stated before he sighed "next time, your in the coma jack" Daniel ordered as jack laughed and stood pulling Teal'c out "like you care" jack retorted back before he disappeared with Teal'c, grinning to himself but laughing out loud when he heard Sam and Daniel say each others name at the same time.

He thought This time maybe not, but he doesn't have to worry, Daniel went through worser things then a little car accident, he was meant to save the world, and jack had a lot more years of annoying the young man left in him.

The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Helen