Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Where Did He Go

by Helen
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Where did he go

Where did he go

by Helen

Where did he go
AUTHOR: Helen
EMAIL: helljackson85@hotmail.com
CATEGORY: Angst, Drabble
PAIRING: Daniel/Sam
SPOILERS: none given
SEASON / SEQUEL: 5
RATING: PG-13
CONTENT WARNINGS: minor character death
SUMMARY: Sam feels shattered when daniel is thought dead and she begins to sort her feelings for him out.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: ALL ME. Please I need help. Give me something to do. I got too much time on my hands. Oh and please be gentle

Sam looked at the stargate, where the hell were they, they were due back hours ago. Knowing their luck, he got into trouble and they were fighting their way out "what's taking them so long" Sam asked in frustration but regretted it when pain shot through her arm which was in a sling, she knew never to play hockey with Jack again. "Easy there major, you know that our boys get them selves into so much trouble" Janet one of Sam's best friends stated, Sam didn't feel any better, she saw the look of worry etched into Janet's face. Then that wonderful sound started, the warning sound of the stargate opening, she watched, each heart beat pounding against her chest, this had to be them, she knew it had to be them. She was already out of her chair when the controller said it was SG-1. she knew Janet was behind her when she entered the gate room, Sam took a deep breath in when the gate shut down and two people slowly walked down the ramp, one was Teal'c, Sam knew it, but the other one, she didn't know wither it was him, the one she had been so confused over, ever since a drunken kiss during the anniversary of his lost. It had been three years since he lost her, since Teal'c took aim and shot her dead, right before she was about to kill her dear.. what did she call him, oh right yeah... her dear Dan-yel. Sam had been at his side when he asked for a few days off, only at the end of his mourning last year did she find out why, and she had been as his side when he had gotten drunk and she had been at his side when he cried and she was the person he kissed and she liked it, she began to realised that she liked it too much, she didn't want it to stop, but it did, he pulled back, buried his head in hands and told her to leave. Now she was waiting to see if the one staggering down the ramp was her beloved Dan-yel. But when the person looked up all hopes fell, it was her CO, Jack O'Neill, he seemed just as disappointed as she did and a little bit more worried then her. That's what made her stomach tighten, he didn't know where Daniel was and he was going to have to tell her.

"We were attacked, we didn't stand a chance, then Daniel, thought he could draw the Jaffa's away from us, he ran into the woods. After that we didn't see him, but the systems lords took their fu- their f-ing ship away. We waited till dark and we looked for, god, we looked for him, all we found was his side arm and a dead Jaffa, he shot one of the bastards, I know he did" Jack stated as General Hammond nodded "we'll send SG-3, 4 and 5 back to the planet" General Hammond stated as Jack nodded before Janet walked in, Jack looked at Hammond who nodded before Jack jumped up and grabbed his wife who returned his embrace, Sam looked down, trying not to show her watering eyes at the sight, she needed to find him now, she needed him. Sam burst out crying before she jumped from her chair and rushed out of the room. It just hit her, all the late night talks with him, the laughing, the flirting she never noticed and just thought was nothing. She flirted with Jack openly before he got married, she knew she never loved him but she did cared about him with all heart, just like she cared for Teal'c. But Daniel, that was different, she just thought it was her caring side, since she couldn't mother Cassy, she thought she was mothering Daniel, he wasn't strong like Jack and Teal'c. but now she knows all the times she ran to his side when he got hurt, all the chances she jumped at to be near him, to hug him, just a friend hug, she wanted him, she needed him. She sobbed again at the thought when she first meet Daniel and at the thought when she saw Sha're kiss Daniel like she was never going to see him again- she was right- and now Sam may never see Daniel again. She ran all the way to his office where she sat at his desk, she looked around the office with red puffy eyes, she saw the TV and that there was a video in it. She hit the play button and the TV blinked alive, it was her promotion party, she was relaxed talking to Janet and Jack, Cassy was playing with Sam's niece, they were so alike. Sam held back a sob when the camera-which was held by Teal'c showed Daniel, he was watching with gently eyes, but she didn't know who was looking so lovingly at, until the camera turned and showed her, he was staring at her, Sam gasped at the sight, then Teal'c managed to walk right into a table. Daniel was helping him to his feet when the video stopped and the TV was black "I asked him about that look, at my wedding. Got to make the best man feel better" Jack said as Sam closed her eyes. She didn't want her CO to her like this, she puffed out air, he'd already seen it "why didn't he just tell me" Sam asked as she stared at the screen "you know our space-monkey, hell he had a crush on Janet for a little while, but then turned round and said that she was just like his sister" Jack stated before Sam spun round and looked at him, tears streaming down her face, Jack smiled sadly and pulled his hands out of his pocket as he walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her and lent his chin on his head "it's ok, we'll get space-monkey back" Jack stated as Sam nodded but her words didn't stop the tears running down her face, why didn't she just stay when he asked her to leave.

Five months later

Sam woke to a loud ringing noise, then she noticed it was the stargate activation warning, she didn't care, Daniel had been gone for five months. She had over time slowly moved into his room, she had been to his apartment over fifty times when she wasn't on a planet, she slept in his bed, she had worn his shirts, she watched his TV, she just wanted something that he wore and touched, it was just thought that Daniel had cared for these things just like she did. She finally had to sit up when there was another kind of ringing, the phone by her head. The stargate alarm had stopped, she sat up and then grabbed the phone up "yeah" she asked in a husky voice before she rubbed her eyes "Carter, there's something going on in the infirmly" Jack stated from the other end of the phone. Sam yawned when she walked into the infirmly, Janet, Jack, Teal'c and General Hammond were all standing around a bed "and then dad dropped the piece of meat on the floor and he had to fight the dog for it" Sam heard Cassy talking "I understand, your dad was never good with Dogs, or food" a voice that sounded like a whisper stated before everyone laughed apart from Jack and Teal'c but Jack had to smile "well I bet your looking forward to my piece of meat, when I sever it up" Jack stated as there was a laugh from the bed then a coughing sound "take it easy there champ, your dehydrated and under nourished" Janet stated as she smiled "forgot" the person whispered before Teal'c turned slightly and saw Sam "Major Carter" Teal'c said in his toneless voice before everyone looked at her, she was confused until she saw who Cassy was talking too, his blue eyes soften on her, his cracked and dry lips curled up at the sides at the sight of her, his hair was short like she remember and he wasn't wearing his glasses "hey" his voice light and whispery "Daniel" she said before she chocked up and then rushed over to him and grabbed Daniel in a big bear hug, she felt him winch against her, she went to lighten up but Daniel held her tighter, tears ran down her face and on to Daniel's gown. She was holding him in her arms, she was in his, this was really happening, she waited for an alarm or the colonel to wake her and watch with sadness when she found she woke alone "I've missed you" Daniel said before Sam pulled back- with some hesitation- she looked into his blue eyes, they were watery and she fell more in love with him "didn't I tell you, our boys get themselves into so much trouble" Janet said from behind Sam who was nodding then sitting on Daniel's bed, she wanted to grab him again, but looking up close she saw how un well he was, he was pale and too skinny. "I need Jack and Teal'c to help me, help me, move stuff" General Hammond lied, but it landed on deaf ears, Sam and Daniel were looking at each other, like lovers looking at each other after time apart, and to Jack Sam had kept up her part of the relationship. Now it was time for Daniel to figure out what happen over the past five months "yeah and me and Cassy are going to see if it looks ok" Janet stated before Cassy jumped of the bed and rushed after the rest of the people. Sam and Daniel didn't seem to notice that they had gone, Sam was stroking Daniel's hand with her thumb "I take it I missed a lot" Daniel stated as Sam smiled "you got a new roommate" Sam stated as Daniel smiled "really, will I like them? Daniel asked as Sam sighed and looked down "I'm hoping you do" Sam said before she looked up "I'll have to get to know this roommate of mine, I mean, I'll have to take them out to dinner, see were it goes from there" Daniel stated before he grabbed Sam and pulled her down so she was laying next to him and that her head was on his chest "I laid awake wondering if you had died and that killed me, it hurt so much" Sam stated as Daniel kissed the top of her head and then rested his chin on her head and held her tightly "I didn't think when I went into the woods" Daniel stated as Sam held him close, making sure he would never leave her "I thought you would of met some one else, I mean it was so long" Sam stated as Daniel laughed then lifted her face towards his face "I watched the world go by me, and the only thing that I thought of when I woke and when I went to sleep was you" Daniel told her as tears fell down her face, he held her again and closed his eyes as her eye lashes brushed against his neck "I fell in love with you and you weren't even here" Sam told him as Daniel open his eyes and stroked her hair "I fell in love with you when you held me after Sha're died" Daniel admitted to her before she looked at him "I made such a mess at your apartment" Sam said before Daniel laughed before Sam joined him "not as much as Jack does when he comes round" Daniel said as Sam looked at him then caressed his cheek "promise me I don't have to ask where did he go again" Sam asked as Daniel looked at her then kissed her. After a full minute he pulled back slightly so that their foreheads were touching "that answer you question" he answered before Sam kissed him and held him, just like she wished, hoped for and had dreamt for. She didn't have to care for his stuff any more because he touched it because she had him, right in her arms, right beside her, this time if he asked her to leave, she'll just say no. she wiped away the tears and smiled at her new beloved Dan-yel, she knew she would never stop crying, but at least she knew that she didn't have to wait hours just to ask where did he go.

The End

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Helen