Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Something Like You

by Haylee F
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Something Like You

Something Like You

by Haylee F.

Title: Something Like You
Author: Haylee F.
Email: storyteller845@hotmail.com
Status: Complete
Category: Angst, Drama, Song
Spoilers: None
Season/Sequel Info: None
Rating: PG or PG-13
Content Warnings: character death
Summary: Jack's thoughts after Sam leaves SGC
Disclaimer: I don't own these people, Gekko and Double Secrets and MGM do. This story is not earning me any money. It is only archived in Heliopolis and if you would like to archive this story please task me first. The song isn't mine either, it belongs to NSYNC.
Author's Notes: I really don't know where this story came from. The song it is set to is actually a happy song. But don't worry. Insanity doesn't hurt me, I enjoy every minute of it... :)

Never, I tell myself. Never! I'm not going to let some other stupid son of a- I run my fingers through my hair, frustratedly toying with the glass in my hand. He stole you. He stole you, Sam! And I thought we were meant to be... I just want to sit down and howl every time I think of you, with him, without me... ooh, it's killing me, Sam. I love you, want you so bad...

So many times

I thought I held it in my hands

but just like grains of sand

love slipped through my fingers

Like now. Or then. Whenever it happened. It seems like yesterday, a millennium away. When you announced your retirement. I jumped up, grabbed you, and looked deep in your eyes. But you were gone from me, even then. I saw it in your eyes. The emptiness... the sparkle that had always been there when I looked at you... it was gone. You smiled, and softly told me you were getting married. In front of Hammond. Nothing I could do there, and you knew it. You left me standing in the briefing room with my mouth open and my heart wondering what happened. But you aren't cruel, Sam. Just in love with the wrong man.

so many nights

I asked the Lord above

please make me lucky enough

to find a love that lingers

And I thought I did. In you! You were perfect, Sam. I loved you for your everything, your hair, eyes, skin, smile, all of it. I wanted to mold you into a soft perfect ball to keep in my pocket so you would be mine forever. No one else would see you; no one else would want you. A selfish thought, greedy and envious. And that's me when I think of you with that other man, whoever he is. I wasn't listening when you told me; I was trying to understand. What is she saying, I thought. What does she mean? She's leaving me? Wha- she- NO!

something keeps telling me

that you could be my answered prayer

you must be heaven sent, I swear

My angel. You were my scruffy, angel scientist, even though you know I have a problem with scientists. You always looked great, no, exquisite, whether in muddied up fatigues or in full dress blues. Whatever the mood or the mission, I loved everything you had to say or do.

The fire crackles. A log shifts, sending up a shower of sparks and bringing my mind back to the present. To your baby shower that they threw for you today. I went. Foolish me, I went; I don't know why, maybe I thought something would happen, something to turn this mess to my advantage. When I got to the door, and saw you, my heart stopped. You looked... there weren't any words at my grasp. Everything slipped away and I stood in the door frame, staring at another man's wife. I shake my head. No! I'll never be able to think of you that way. Never. And yet, I just did...

'Cause something happens when you look at me I forget to speak

Something happens when you kiss my mouth my knees get so weak

Could it be true is this what God has meant for me

'Cause baby I can't believe

that something like you

could happen to me

I shake my head to clear it of the painful memories of today, and think back to happier times. When I still had a chance to make you mine, Sam. When we were all SG-1. Almost immediately my mind wanders to P3X-292. When we had the only 'moment' in our entire history...

Daniel looked around frantically at the cartuche tablets being destroyed by the enemy gunfire. "Nooo," he moaned under his breath. I was trying to get a clear shot and protect you at the same time. "Daniel," I choked, speaking becoming impossible because of the amount of powdered stone in the air. "Daniel- go- Stargate-"

"I'm not leaving you guys!" He cried. I glared at him as Teal'C nodded his agreement between shots. "That's- order-" I croaked. Daniel looked helplessly at Teal'C. The big man shrugged and hoisted the archeologist over his shoulder like a sandbag. Then he dashed off towards the gate, drawing the attention and fire of the enemy. You and I, we watched them power up the gate, then go through. They gave us enough time to reload as the enemy, all wearing thick gray cloaks, tried to run to the DHD and figure out the symbols. They didn't get the chance, and at the same time decided to give up on trying to kill us. But they didn't let us leave either. And that night, with two enemy sharpshooters just outside, I told you I loved you. You responded with a kiss so fierce, I'll never forget it to my dying day.

Girl in your eyes

I feel your fire burn

oh your secrets I will learn

even if it takes forever

With you by my side

I can do anything

I don't care what tomorrow brings

as long as we're together

We got out, but the memory wasn't stored in the archives of my brain for that part. We loved each other then...

My heart is telling me

that you could be my meant to be

I know it more each time we touch

A quick hand squeeze, maybe a hug good-luck, that was all I ever got from then on. It was almost as though your confession and our night of passion put you in a shell that I could never hope to crack open. *He* cracked the shell, somehow, and I'll probably never figure out how.

Something magical

something spiritual

something stronger than the two of us alone

something physical

something undeniable

nothing like anything

that I've ever known

So I thought.... so I thought. But you see, I lost. In the end, I lost you. My heart breaks to write this, but I lost you, the only woman I would ever completely and totally give my heart to. And so I close this letter, sealing it with a kiss wet with tears. A kiss for you, Sam, and tears for the love that was wasted. I don't want to do this, to cause you pain at these guilt-laden pages. But I can't take it anymore.

I can't believe that you happened to me

Love, Jack

Tuesday, March 15th, 2005

The police are investigating the death of forty-five year old Jonathan O'Neill, who was found lying on the floor of his home at 5:15 AM this morning, Eastern Standard Time. It is believed to be a suicide, however no traces of any poison can be found in the glass on the table, either natural or unnatural. Rumor has it that O'Neill was in the Black Ops some years ago, and there learned the secret of traceless poisons. The only other mystery to this enigmatic death was that there was no suicide note, only this passage scribbled on a Post-It Note:

When winter comes in summer

When there's no more forever

When lies become the truth

That,s when I'll stop loving you, Sam

That,s when I'll stop loving you

You were the greatest thing that ever happened to me

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Haylee F.