Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

They're At It Again

by Gatewatcher
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
They're At It Again

They're At It Again

by Gatewatcher

Title: They're At It Again
Author: Gatewatcher
Email: gatewatcher@hotmail.com
Category: FutureStory, POV, Romance
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: PG
Warnings: none
Summary: Daniel's point-of-view on Sam and Jack's off duty antics.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

They're At It Again

There they are, doing 'it' again. It never ceases to amaze me how they go from being well respected, well behaved officers in the United States Air Force too two bickering school children within seconds.

Of course this isn't the first time and it won't be the last, but still it amazes me. I like to watch people; This is something that any of my friends and colleagues will tell you about me, but that's not to say I'm some sort of psychopath who's just looking for someone to stalk, it's just one of the things about life that interests me. As an anthropologist, archaeologist, linguist and general history reference guy (that last one is someone else's description by-the-way) it could be said that it's part of my job to observe human nature.

Anyway that's a little off track, I was talking about the two members of my team that are currently arguing over what we're going to watch on television. It's something I've noticed they do rather well. It's also something I've gotten used to, as has anyone who knows the pair outside of work. I remember the first time it happened...

............ FLASHBACK ............

We were all sat around Jacks living room. I was safely sat in one of the two armchairs with my large mug of coffee just flicking through the channels on Jacks huge television. Teal'C was sat, as solemn as ever in the other chair on my right. We were waiting for Jack and Sam to come in from the kitchen so we could start out regular video night. It was all going well up to that point, but no sooner had they got themselves a beer each and a bowl of popcorn for the group that the arguing had began.

"So it everyone ready for some mindless action with a leading man who can barely string a sentence together?" Jack asked as he deposited himself at the corner of his couch.

"No!" Sam stated with a tone that reeked of stubbornness as she snuggled up to Jack's right arm and curled her feet up to one side till she was comfortable.

"What do you mean; No?" Jack asked as he opened Sam's bottle and then his own.

"I've seen this movie a hundred times, and so has everyone else, so why do we have to sit through it again?" Sam seemed to sense the impending argument but the light in her eyes was matched in Jacks and as they looked at each other. I looked across from the pair to Teal'C. He merely raised his eyebrow and we decided that it might be interesting and we continued to watch.

"Look, we always watch a movie, it's tradition. What's wrong with watching this one, again?" Jack asked as he sipped from his bottle taking a sidewise glance towards Sam.

"What's wrong with it? It's predictable..." Sam was sat up straight now and was sipping from her own bottle.

Jack interrupted, "Well I'll grant you that. It's not the best movie in the world but I've seen worse."

Sam was undeterred, "...and it's full of bad actors."

Jack decided to object again, "Hey you can't say that. They've done some great movies."

"Yes but this movie isn't one of them. The plot is practically transparent." Sam was now on the edge of the seat and was turned towards Jack, apparently really enjoying this little change in situation.

"Well it would be if you've watched it before wouldn't it?" Jack had also turned towards Sam and seemed to be trying to hold back a smile.

Sam continued to point out the floors in the movie, from continuity errors to the clothes the characters were wearing. Jack just defended as best he could but didn't seem to be trying too hard. When Sam seemed to finally run out of things to say about the movie they were both sat facing each other, Jack with a smile on his face and Sam with a light in her eyes. Suddenly, after a short pause Jack just said. "Your right, it is a bad movie." Sam just laughed out loud, and leaned towards him for a kiss.

Of course they got a little carried away for a second and I looked towards Teal'C. He just raised his eyebrow again and I decided I would have to step in or we'd never get to watch a movie, and what's a movie night without the movie.

"Well now we've established it's a bad movie, what are we going to watch?"

They finally pulled apart and had the good grace to look a little embarrassed at almost forgetting we were there and looked at each other before looking at us.

Jack just shrugged a shoulder. "I don't really care what we watch."

Then Sam surprised us all by saying, " Neither do I. Put the movie on Daniel."

............ END OF FLASHBACK ............

They never really went 'at it' so to speak, I mean they're great friends and have been for years, but ever since General Hammond told them to 'get their acts together' they've had a tendency to behave like this whenever they're off duty and off base.

While they're on duty they are, of course, perfect professionals, and nothing has changed except some extra flirting now and then. Obviously they waited long enough for this to happen and neither one of them is stupid enough to jeopardise it.

Having said that, I believe if General Hammond were to see the way these two adults transform themselves into children, he may reconsider his decision.

I know why they do it of course. They spend all day, and many a night, as Commanding Officer and Second In Command, and basically Sam has to do whatever Jack tells her too. As soon as they get out of the confines of the military they just relax.

There's no harm in it, it's never serious and you can see by the smiles on their faces that they actually enjoy it.

Personally I think Jack does it because he likes to make up with Sam afterwards, and I'm sure she doesn't mind either, but there is a little more too it.

Jack did tell me that Sam would take Command of SG1 when he retired again, and that it could be sooner than we think. I think he's encouraging her to relax when they argue, and she does need to relax more, but he's also teaching her not too follow every order blindly. He confessed this to me one night after a few drinks while Sam was out with Janet.

They are a great couple of course, they love each other so much that you can see it plastered over their faces when they do that 'staring into each other's eyes' thing.

So as I sit here, yet again in the armchair I've claimed as my own, Teal'c is in his place next to mine, we wait for them to stop the current debate on weather we're going to watch The Simpson's or not. I smile, knowing that it wouldn't be an SG1 video night without the two bickering children sitting on the end of the couch.

THE END

Wow you made it to the end. (not that it took much I'm sure) Feedback is welcome, but don't be too hard on me though, it's only my second fic. Thanks for reading.

Disclaimer: Stargate Sg-1 and its characters are the property of Stargate (II) Productions, Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story is for entertainment purposes only and no money exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author.
This story may not be posted elsewhere without the consent of the author.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Gatewatcher