Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

I Kissed Him Once

by Entropy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I kissed him once

I kissed him once

by Entropy

Title: I kissed him once
Author: Entropy
Email: atelesentropy@hotmail.com
Status: Complete
Category: Romance, Humor
Spoilers: Window of Opportunity
Season/Sequel info: future occurrence
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: No warnings
Summary: Daniel disappears during a mission. Sam reminisces to Jack about a moment she and Daniel shared.
Disclaimer: Stargate Sg-1 and its characters are the property of Stargate (II) Productions, Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. This story is for entertainment purposes only and no money exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author. This story may not be posted elsewhere without the consent of the author.
Authors Note: This is my first time writing in many years. I'd love your feedback but please be gentle.

"I kissed him once." Sam confessed as the door closed behind Teal'c's departure.

She sat on the floor of Daniel Jackson's quarters her arms wrapped around one bent knee as if she held onto something she was afraid to let go of.

"Really?" Jack laid stretch sideways on the bed supporting his head against his open hand. "Do tell."

Sam smiled at Jack's taunting. She knew he worked hard to hide his own emotions about Daniel being gone, not willing to let his own needs come ahead of those of his team.

The three had spent many long nights in many different locations on the base since their teammate had disappeared two weeks earlier. Their own private therapy sessions had migrated until the group finally found themselves meeting in their missing friend's quarters.

"Well, it was just after the two of you got stuck in the time loop. Daniel had asked me to help him finish a few translations the three of you hadn't got to." Jack groaned and rolled onto his back remembering the time. It had been the longest ten hours of his life. Literally.

"We had been up most of the night working on one piece, it was nearly four in the morning. We were so punchy. I can't remember what he said that started the whole thing. It was something like dressing a dog in pink tights, but we both started laughing so hard.

Sam smiled as the memory washed over her, reliving it at if she had returned to that very moment.

Sam watched as Daniel pulled off his glasses to wipe the tears from his cheeks. Brief bouts of giggles still sucked away his air. "Oh God, my stomach muscles are screaming."

Sam nodded. She so enjoyed these late night get-togethers with him. When it was just the two of them, he let go of his inhibitions. They understood each other and God how she loved his sense of humor.

She studied him for a moment watching him as he searched the desk for drinkable coffee. She couldn't deny that he was cute, most women on the base agreed on that. Married or not. But tonight he was especially adorable. His hair was mussed, a tad to long for the way he kept it now. And his cheeks and ears were flushed like a small child's in the late hours of evening just before bed.

"Sam?' Daniel closed his eyes and licked his lips willing his overtired brain to think straight. "Sam, can I kiss you?"

The question was neither expected, nor was it a great surprise. She had had the same thought a few times herself.

She stuck her bottom lip out chewing on it as she pondered his question.

"Sure, why not." She shrugged.

Daniel moved next to her, placing a gentle hand in the curve of her neck. She closed her eyes has his lips tentatively brushed hers. He adjusted his stance slightly moving to wrap his free arm around her waist. His lips met hers again.

The kiss lasted only a few brief seconds before he slowly pulled away.

"Anything?" he asked opening only one eye to gauge her reaction.

"Mmmm.... Uh, uh." She said turning away from him disappointed. It wasn't as if the kiss wasn't good. Daniel had definitely learned a thing or two on Abydos. It just hadn't lit the passion she had imagined.

"Yeah, me neither."

Sam gathered a few papers preparing to leave for the night. "Hey, I'll see you tomorrow."

Daniel nodded watching her prepare to leave.

"Sam?" she hesitated before looking at him. "I love you." A sleepy grin crossed his face.

She smiled back, the adorable child within him nearly breaking her heart. "I know Daniel. I love you too. Now go get some sleep."

"And that's that." Sam felt her lip begin to tremble as her emotions overwhelmed her. A sob wracked through her as the tears she had walled up broke free of their dam and came spilling out. Jack slid from the bed and gathered her in his arms.

'Shhh." He stroked her hair and laid a gentle kiss on her temple. "Were gonna find him Sam. I promise. We gonna find him." He felt her relax in his arms as the tormented sobs subsided.

"Hey Sam?" a mischievous grin crossing his face. "I love you."

I mixture of laughter and tears escaped from her.

Jack wrapped his arms around her a little tighter feeling her pain momentarily subside in his embrace. He kissed her hair one more time as he felt her tears soak through his shirt.

"I love you, Sam.' He thought. Only this time he wasn't joking.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Entropy