Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

In Pale Moonlight

by Emry Wild
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
In Pale Moonlight

In Pale Moonlight

by Emry Wild

Title: In Pale Moonlight
Author: Emry Wild
Email: emry55@hotmail.com
Category: Romance
Season: any Season
Pairing: Sam/Jack
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Summary: In a fleeting glance the possibilities of what could be, of what might be, and of what will be exist and abound with wonder.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. I have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author(s).

In pale moonlight the lovers shared fleeting glances one with the other across the flickering firelight. They were lovers that were not yet. They were lovers who were desperate to be, but not aloud to be.

They knew - they knew that an eternity had been placed before them. A lifetime had been given them. Hope and possibilities of endless tomorrows were their gifts to each other and one that they choose to share in silence and only in the darkness of another world.

Flirting within the boundaries of time and the endless moments to come the firelight danced around them, held them, and caressed them. Within the moment and the fear of discovery they were held to their place; watching each other, subtle movements, silent breaths, the gentle sway of cloth, each blink of an eye, each movement of a lip or hand, the soft sway of hair, and in calm knowing and understanding as gentle breezes embraced them.

The pale moonlight exposed them openly, but only to each other; sending their inmost thoughts, their inmost desires, towards the points of light that flickered and blessed their most tender of moments. Within the moments they silently shared with the other, holding the future within their grasp, they clutched desperately to the possibilities of "Once Upon and Time and Happily Every After".

With words unuttered they prolonged their silent vigil. Firelight cast shadows deep and wild upon their faces allowing them to read the others thoughts and feel what the other felt. Thoughts were betrayed and emotions overwhelmed as wordless words escaped into the pale moonlight, but it didn't matter; the words had no value or meaning. The words were lost in conflict over meaning and subtleties, overbearing nuances and in meandering, contrite, nothingness. Their words were lost so that no one would ever know....

Their brief glances and their inmost self kept them together, kept them moving forward into time. Their feelings and emotions held them and blessed them with love, hope, and the reality of someday. Lingering hopes of someday that would never come soon enough. But it was the possibilities that kept them together more than the reality, more than the knowing of what would or could be. It was delivered with the promise of hope and eternity of endless tomorrows and dreams. Possibilities were their reward and the blessing of what was to come.

For now, duty, honor, and sacrifice were the paid price for their silent longing. No one had the right to say whether it was too high. Only they knew the final outcome, the one openly exposed to the pale light of the moon and within their own hearts.

Lost within the look of each other they continued to express their inmost desires their inmost passions and reasons for living. And within the safety of darkness and in the loneliness of the night, to be, to have and to become surrounded them and replaced the emptiness of the coming morning.

Clinging to what was left of the fleeting night, they sat there opposite the other, one on each side of the firelight, shadowed and protected and clothed within the pale moonlight and stars from high above. Hidden from the world and watchful eyes of those whom they trusted most and from the powers that be. Allowing themselves a fleeting, momentary peace of heart in all that they knew and wanted, longed, and hoped for....

Within the pale moonlight a final brief glance and the softest of smiles was gifted upon the other. Hearts beat with the whisper of the breeze to send to the other their love in the only way they could express. The heavens opened up upon them the gentle blessing of their secret, showered by the twinkle of the stars.

A single tear cascaded down her cheek and an accepting glance from his soft eyes as he watched the tear fall...

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Emry Wild