Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Haematic 2: Juggernaut 1

by Ellsie Maquis
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

by Ellsie Maquis

TITLE: Juggernaut
AUTHOR: Ellsie Maquis
EMAIL: out.of.range@home.com
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack. UST
SPOILERS: For ITLOD, and little tiny bits and pieces here and there
SEASON / SEQUEL: Part 2 of the Haematic series.
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS: Character death
SUMMARY: SG-1 meets up with the one Goa'uld who could hit the broad side of a barn with a shovel, in the form of an 'old friend'.
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I have received so much wonderful help, advice and encouragement from people for this story, I really don't know where to start, but here goes: My Mom , for same beta reading; everyone on the S/J, especially those who answered the questions that I posted in Nov., and especially Kelly "SierraGolfFan"; Cap'n Kate and Leenie, for encouragement, love, listening--Cap'n Kate for helping my with the plot at the beginning and when I got stuck; everyone who reads this!

Dedication: To Cap'n Kate, wo helped me through the writing, always listened and who helped me put this junker together!!



Solen/Maybourne stalked purposefully towards them. Now was the time. He took off the stuffy dress uniform jacket and the hat. He let all pretenses drop as well.

Jack O'Neill was the first to respond, instincts kciking in, immediately taking a defensive stance in front of Carter ad Jackson.

"You're not Maybourne." he stated the blatantly obvious.

'Maybourne' nodded. "Oberservant." His voice had the raspy, computer-altered sound of a Goa'uld.

Daniel stepped forward.

"What do you want?" Always the diplomat though Jack dryly, then pulled Daniel behind him.

"I want," started the ominous voice, "I want revenge."

Jack felt someone tap him on the shoulder. Sam. He turned around and she mouthed 'Ashrak'.

Jack could feel his throat go dry, his palms were clammy.

"We didn't kill Apophis. He came to us dying. He may yet be alive." He stated.

The Goa'uld shook his head slowly.

"I know what transpired. But I am not here because of Apophis. I'm am here to avenge the death of my pupil, Septre."

O'Neill heard a quick intake of breath behind him and knew instantly who the Ashrak was talking about. The Ashrak who had killed Jolinar, almost killing Carter in the process. His hate bubbled closer and closer to the surface, and he knew that an old wound of Sam's had just been re-opened as well. Knew that they might not leave the room alive.

Daniel's POV None of us knew quite what to do. We stood and stared, Jack's questions just buying a little time. Finally, Teal'c stepped forward, approaching the Ashrak.

"It was I who killed your student, and it will be I who will die, if you let the others live."

The Ashrak shook his head. His eyes flashed again.

"No. It is not you I want, Sho'va." The Ashrak did the closest thing I've ever seen to a Goa'uld chortle."

"None of you can bargain, none of you have any choice in the matter. I will do what I please."

Instead of my whole life flashing before my eyes, all the Goa'uld who'd ever threatened our lives flashed through. It sucked. I knew what I was trying to do though. I was trying to rationalize it: we'd been on worse situations, right? Off-world! We could handle this, right? We could, couldn't we? The Ashrak spoke again, we hung on his every word.

"It is Colonel O'Neill who will die today."

Sam's POV Jack barely flinches, Teal'c immediately protests, Daniel jolts. I feel as if I'm reeling, as if I've just been hurled off a cliff. I grabbed on to Jack's arm, as much to support myself as him, reassure myself that we had a plan. One of us. Of course we did. Teal'c is trying to reason with the Goa'uld-he wants it to be simple. He killed Septre, he should die. But nothing is that simple. Teal'c knows that. In Goa'uld reasoning, Jack is his superior, and therefore directly responsible for his actions. Not to mention that any system lord would probably be glad to get rid of the leader of the team that has lead most of the ass-kickings that the Goa'uld have gotten over the past few years.

I close my eyes, tightening the grip on Jack's arm. When I open them, the only thing I see is a Harakash, and then black.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Ellsie Maquis