Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Thoughts: Fair Game

by Elise Hudson
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Thoughts: Fair Game

Thoughts: Fair Game

by Elise Hudson

TITLE: Thoughts: Fair Game
AUTHOR: Elise Hudson
EMAIL: elisemarie@cwcom.net
CATEGORY: Sam and Jack
SPOILERS: Fair Game
SEASON / SEQUEL: Season 2; Part of the Thoughts series
RATING: PG
CONTENT WARNINGS:
SUMMARY: Jack's thoughts
STATUS: Complete
ARCHIVE: Heliopolis
DISCLAIMER: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Colonel Jack O'Neill

I hate it when this happens. I hate it when I finally get the chance to praise my junior officer and something mucks it up. Usually it's because she doesn't believe me, but this time Thor had to go and abduct me.

I was only gone a short while but by the time I came back, with news of impending doom, I couldn't really continue my speech. Yeah, I can see that.

'Everyone hold what you're doing. Forget about this negotiation thing and possible invasion I want to praise Major Carter.'

Yeah, that'd work.

Anyway, I guess I have a lot to thank Jolinar for. I know, that sounds weird but I do. It was the whole Jolinar thing that made me realise my feelings for my Major, then Captain. It's also the Jolinar thing that makes me so uncomfortable around her. That and my big mouth.

I have a tendency of opening my mouth too wide and too often. Just take the Seth thing as an example. She kills the Gou'ald and host and I make some joke. I hadn't meant it. It's just that humour is my way of coping with things it has been since Charlie. That's why I hide behind a wall of sarcasm to protect my feelings and prevent myself from getting hurt.

I also feel bad for the stuff I said in the infirmary with that Kronos guy. I pushed her into making the healing device work. Suggesting to her that I kinda doubted her and she proved me wrong. I love it when she does that! I also saw the look she shot me and I didn't like it. Why do I always put my foot in it when around her?

I can't believe she can affect me in this way. I just wish I could tell her how I felt. Hell, I'd settle for being able to thank her and tell her how much I rely on her. Because she sure hasn't figured it out.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Elise Hudson