Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Ma'at Part 2 - Reality As It Seems

by Dizzy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Ma'at - Reality As It Seems

Ma'at - Reality As It Seems

by Dizzy

Title: Ma'at - Reality As It Seems
Author: Dizzy
Email: vampae@hotmail.com
Category: AU, Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Romance, Series
Pairing: Daniel/Sam
Season: 5
Series: Ma'at - Reality of Reality
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: none
Status: Completed
Summary: The second part in the series. Daniel and Sam face up to their counterparts lives.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.

"Okay. I think I heard Jack right. Marriage?!"

They were both sat in the briefing room, waiting for 'Daniel' and 'Sam' and the rest of them to arrive.

"Daniel, do you think this is another one of those alternate universes?" Sam asked, and then stopped as they all walked in.

It all looked right, but it didn't. It was that same Daniel and Sam, and Jack, even Teal'c was there.

"This one must be quite near our own," Sam whispered to Daniel and he mouthed 'Marriage?' back.

**Poor guy** Sam thought **He must still be confused about that. Although what's wrong with that? **

She scowled at her last thought and berated herself. It was not the time to be thinking like that. So she looked at her alternate self and winced. It was like looking a mirror. So it had to be close to theirs. Which maybe meant...no, mustn't go there.

Meanwhile, Daniel was having thoughts along the same line, except for one.

**Okay, our Sam is hotter than that Sam. But they look exactly the same. Okay. So theoretically our Sam is hotter than that Sam. I'm confused** and he went back to actually listening to them talking.

"We think that you are in an..." the alternate Sam had started and then Sam joined in

"Alternate Universe. We kinda realised that" both Sam's nodded at each other, and both Daniels made a sigh of relief and then looked at each other, moving towards their respective Sam's.

Hammond looked between the couples and sighed. "Dismissed until you can think of something" **and not fight** he added in his mind.

Meanwhile, they had to go to the infirmary. Daniel was pleased to find that this Janet was as gentle as his Janet. At least they hadn't found one that stuck needles in his arm violently, although sometimes Janet got close to that.

"So, your alternate universe people" she started and Daniel nodded.

"Are you and Sam engaged?" she asked outright and Daniel jumped, making her miss with the needle. "I'll take that as a no" she answered her own question and managed to draw the blood.

"No. We're close, but nothing like that!" he said and winced as she drew the blood. "How long..."

"Have they been engaged? Around 2 years"

"Oh." Was Daniels only reply. Hadn't he ever met Sha'rui in this universe then? Obviously not then.

"When are they due to get married?"

"You...well they" Janet said, tagging the sample. "Are getting married tomorrow afternoon"

"Oh" Janet smiled at his response. This Daniel was almost as unresponsive when he was thinking as her Daniel.

"You'd better go and get some rest Dr. Jackson," she told him. "You are exhausted. It is probably the shock"

As he nodded and left, Janet wondered if this Sam she was about to see was the same as her Sam. If she was, she knew just what to do to get information out of her.

Whilst Sam had her physical to prove that she was a mirror image, Daniel went to visit his counter-part who seemed to be more shocked than him.

(For simplicity, Daniel is Daniel and alternate is Danny. That is the Daniel that I started the story with is Daniel. Likewise from now on, Sam is Sam and Alternate is Samantha)

"I can't believe it. You're not engaged to her? Your not even together with her?"

Daniel shook his head. "I wish" he said and then stopped.

"Did I just say that?" he asked his counterpart who nodded.

"Looks like you two are a bit slow off the mark then" Danny grinned.

However, Daniel shook his head. "I don't really think of Sam that way. She's got a thing about Jack anyway where I am from"

Danny stopped flipping through the book he had picked up and glared at his counterpart. "Is that is what's stopping you?" he asked him.

Daniel nodded. "It sure is. You expect me to fight with Jack over her? Jack would win her heart every time. I'd ignore her every time I got involved in work"

Danny seemed disturbed at this point. "I wonder if that's how my Sam feels sometimes. We have had a lot of artefacts in lately. I haven't been back to our quarters much..." he looked at Daniel. "My god, I wonder if she thinks that I'll do that when we're married"

Daniel put a hand on his alternates shoulder. "Don't worry. If I know Sam, she probably had other things to do. Like play with..."

They both said it together "Naquada"

At the same time they both pushed their glasses up their noses and crossed their arms. Daniel blinked when he saw what Danny had done and then shivered himself.

"I think I'll go and visit Sam" he said and left Danny's office. Danny just watched him go, a pained expression on his face. Maybe marrying his Sam wasn't a good idea after all. If they hadn't in another universe...

Life wasn't fair. Why should her alternative have a life with Daniel and not her? Sam sighed. Her alternative's usually had such strange ideas about love lives, but then, Daniel usually wasn't in the alternatives. Which meant that in this one, they were close to her reality. Or were they?

If they were close to their own reality, then wouldn't that mean that her and Daniel should get together? Sam shook her head, confused. That meant that somewhere along the line, her and Daniel should have confessed how they felt about each other.

**Wait a moment** thought Sam **doesn't that mean that he should feel the same way? I don't think so some how. He still loves Sha'rui**

Sam sighed as she heard a knock on the door.

"Yeah?" she called out and Daniel stuck his head around the door to her room.

"Hey Sam" he said, smiling apologetically. Sam almost melted inside at his look.

**Get a grip** she thought to herself and smiled back.

"Hey Daniel. What's on your mind?" Daniel grimaced at this. She could always see right through him, no matter what he did.

"Damn you Sam" he joked, "I can't keep a secret around you, can I?"

Sam shook her head and indicated for him to sit down.

"So, what is on your mind, Daniel?" she got comfy in the chair, curled up into a little ball. **Why does she have to look so damn cute?** Daniel grumbled to himself and then pushed his glasses further up his nose.

"Well I was just thinking...that...well...this world isn't that far off our own. Because your military, I'm here. Jack is still a colonel. And...because our alternatives have managed to get together...I was wondering if..."

Just as he was about to continue, the sirens went off (in true SGC fashion).

Sam nodded her head for him to carry on, but the siren had given Daniel a flash of escape. He shook his head.

"I should....go...now..." and he moved out of her quarters, faster than she had ever seen him run from the Goua'ld.

"Wait...I love you" she whispered to herself.

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dizzy