Heliopolis Main Archive
A Stargate: SG-1 Fanfiction Site

Ma'at Part 1 - Reality Changes

by Dizzy
[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Ma'at Part 1 - Reality Changes

Ma'at Part 1 - Reality Changes

by Dizzy

TITLE: Ma'at Part 1 - Reality Changes
Author: Dizzy
Email: vampae@hotmail.com
Category: AU, Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Pairing: Daniel/Sam
Season: 3
Series: Reality Isn't What It Seems
Rating: PG
Content Warnings: none
Status: Completed
Summary: Daniel and Sam touch something, together and find themselves in a different reality than faced before.
Disclaimer: Stargate SG-1 and its characters are the property of Showtime/Viacom, MGM/UA, Double Secret Productions, and Gekko Productions. We have written this story for entertainment purposes only and no money whatsoever has exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the authors. Not to be archived without permission of the authors.
Author's notes: This is something different than the usual Alternate Universes. Oh yes. Different. This is the first part. Please email me if you want to see more.

Ma'at
(Translation: The reality of reality)
Part 1: When Reality Changes.

"Carter this MALP really needs to be replaced. It keeps breaking down, like a bad luck charm. I blame it for everything that goes wrong on every planet." Colonel Jack O'Neill started as soon as he left the Stargate. Major Sam Carter just sighed and glanced back at the next person to come through the gate, Teal'c and Daniel Jackson. Daniel shrugged and pushed his glasses up his nose.

"Well, this is different" he said as he looked around. All around there were ruins. The Stargate seemed to be on a mound in the centre of a courtyard. Before him there were steps, leading up to what looked to him like a temple.

"Well Space monkey, where are we? Is this another Egyptian Gods home?"

Daniel threw him a look. "The ruins are very much like those found in ancient Egypt at the time of Ra and the Stargate. The design is classed as...."

"Ah..ah...ah!!" Jack butted in "No! All I wanted to know was if there are Goua'ld around"

Teal'c looked around himself again and shook his head.

"There are none O'Neill" Jack looked slightly better.

"Well that's okay then"

Daniel sighed. Once again, this was going to be a long trip. Sam threw him a look of sympathy. She didn't get at much agro off Jack. He was afraid of scientists, but Daniel really got it.

He went up and into one of the temples and Sam followed him.

"And remember! Don't touch anything!" Jack's voice just missed them as they went in.

"This is amazing!" Daniel exclaimed once they got into the temple "All these symbols are Egyptian"

"Shouldn't we be worried then?" asked Sam as she walked around, checking radiation levels, and for Naquada.

"Not at all. This isn't the Goua'ld version of the language it is actually Egyptian. Of course, the Goua'ld may have developed this before, and the other later on, but still. This is amazing"

He ran his fingers over parts of the next panel and then stopped.

"This is interesting he said to Sam "Look at this"

"What does it say?" she asked, walking over to him.

"Reality of Reality. Everything changes"

As she put her finger out to touch it as well, they both felt electric shocks. Not enough to knock them out, but enough to make them think twice.

"We'd better get Jack up here" Sam decided and went to the entrance. Then she stopped and looked at Daniel.

"They're not there"

"Not there?" Daniel echoed and went to look. "Oh no...there they are, near the Stargate. I wonder why they didn't wait for us"

Sam shrugged, a little embarrassed that she had missed them. Daniel just grinned.

"Lets go and catch them up"

But as they began to descend the stairs, the wormhole engaged and they disappeared.

"Okay. That's weird" Daniel turned to look at Sam. She jogged down the last of the steps.

"Sure is" she looked up at him. "Wouldn't they have come looking for us if they thought we were lost"

Daniel thought for a moment.

"Sam. I think we'd better dial up home and save this for another day."

They dialled up the gate and Sam sent her GDO code through. Then they stepped through

(As they gate travel, I would like to take a moment to ask why they are so trusting when they step through the gate in situations like this. If it were me, I would leave the iris closed, but still)

As they both stepped through the gate into the gate-room, they both noticed that no one told the guards to stand down.

"I don't like the look of this" Daniel muttered as Jack came into the room.

"Where the hell have you been Carter?" he yelled. "Danny was worried about you. Thought you'd run out on the day before your wedding. I knew I shouldn't have taken you on the mission..." he stopped when he spotted Daniel.

"Okay, Danny boy. I just left you in your office. How the hell did you just come through the Stargate?"

Daniel and Sam looked at each other.

Good question. A better question was this. Married? Where the hell were they?

If you enjoyed this story, please send feedback to Dizzy